All Comments on 'Zinnias'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 89 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyable story! Too bad Heather couldn't get her act together.

5

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

stupid politics ruins another story.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this one. 5*

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Interesting if somewhat bizarre read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A dumbass writer, writing dumbass characters, who the fuck speaks like these dumbasses?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was painful to read. Gave up on page 3 and skipped to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry. Just couldn't get into it.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Conservative drivel. The only fact or truism that exists in regards to conservative views on global warming is that they have an opinion. That's it.

Man made global warming has been scientifically proven. Hating scientists because they don't feed your bias doesn't change the evidence. Worrying about China taking over seems rather insignificant in the face of ever increasing environmental disaster.

kelchakelchaalmost 2 years ago

5*

Thanks. A gem of a story as usual from you.

A shift to a green economy would bring the USA back from the empty industrial shell it has become since outsourcing good paying jobs to Asia. Have a close look at your infrastructure and you will see that your country needs to be rebuilt. Might be possible if those 900 military bases were closed overseas.

phill1cphill1calmost 2 years ago

I like the dialog, but that seems more important to the author than telling an easily followed story. Really, I get bored with all the "...wanted her heart I was after ..." and other non-essential side tracks.

In the end, I'm not sure what happened other than he got separated from one woman and married another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brother, your considerable talents grow non stop. Thank you for the reads. Being a Northeasterner reading the Louisiana dialects are wonderful and just add measurably to each story.

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 2 years ago

I have no idea how you keep track of your cast of hundreds of characters. I imagine a wall of names and colored threads crisscrossed like from a murder investigation. Thank you for sharing another of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OK but boring story. The plug for My Pillows shows author's political bent, but then that surprises author's apparent acceptance of boys wearing cosmetics and painted nails. Ending, however, was appropriate.

DaruneAlbaneDaruneAlbanealmost 2 years ago

Love it when a broken person starts to rebuild themselves .. hopefully no backsliding

gchefmggchefmgalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoy your stories, and have for a long time. The characters come alive for me, when I read your works. So thank you for your time and sharing your writing.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

An excellent story.

BoxerR100BoxerR100almost 2 years ago

Nice read. Keep them coming!!

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

Convoluted rubbish.

HOG57headHOG57headalmost 2 years ago

It has to come from within…words for victims around the world to live by and learn

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 2 years ago

I’ve been jonesing for a new JB44 story, going back and rereading my favorites. And now two on the same day. A good day indeed. I’m glad Shannon won out. I thought Heather was gonna somehow win Brian back on account of the kids. Thanks for your stories.

cpl8140cpl8140almost 2 years ago

A great way to start the holiday weekend is a JimBob44 story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How you keep track of all your characters amazes me. You have a "formula" for these stories and I've grown to enjoy that. It's a fun and familiar formula and I don't think I could ever grow tired of these stories. 5*

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 2 years ago

That was well told, with a collection of solid characters. I think my favorite thing that you do, it give us a later look at characters (whether they're the main, or just cameos) from previous stories. Thank uou for another enjoyable read.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 2 years ago

Loved it. Love the way you write stories in this category. You don't just do a, she cheated he found out gets revenge and finds someone better, story. You're an amazing writer. Thank you.

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 2 years ago

It looks like I get to be the first commenter on this latest story from JimBob44, which means I also get to be the first to congratulate him on another fine story. I love the demographic of his characters; as he writes somewhere: ain't nothin' wrong with living in a trailer. He obviously empathizes with his characters, and I am in awe of how he keeps track (and lets us know) of so many people from one story to another.

Thank you, JimBob, and please keep writing. I know you write for your own pleasure; you should know you bring much enjoyment to your readers. Tanglosax

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Delightful well written story. I thoroughly enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another terrific piece from one of the very best writers on this site.

Tls2753aTls2753aalmost 2 years ago

At first, the speech patterns bothered me, but I soon realized that it is how people really talk, and I decided that I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done. Excellent story. Thank you very much.

ribnitinribnitinalmost 2 years ago

These stories take place in a different world, and it takes some acclimatization before I can really get into it. They are usually worth the effort. The characters are not the high achievers of most other Literotica fare, and that makes them more interesting.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 2 years ago

Good story;

I didn't stop reading until I finished, though I didn't get done with my chores. Wifey isn't home so all is good.

I truly did enjoy and I thank you. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another fantastic story

steepinomtoes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic! Great story. Thanks and two stories in one day was a nice surprise. Five big stars.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Nice story.

I like it.

Thanks JimBob44.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry still trying to work out what it was all about. It must had come from the land of idiots. America

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Hmm

It felt unfinished. 3*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

If I read another story about Degarde, Louisiana, I’m going to have to visit there. LOL! Some big plot misses up front that setup the second half of the story distracted the read for me. Clearly, wrong category as this is Romance story arc. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it as always with your stories. Your best characters are Timex watches. Got a feeling you might be too.

OzeminotaurOzeminotauralmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this it made me cry it made me happy I hope Randy and Shannon get tone friends with the kids again as well as have there own

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 2 years ago

Decent story...kind of blah

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another well written JimBob story.

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 2 years ago

That was a little confusing

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 2 years ago

Great Story too bad the kids got the sticky end of the stick. but they seem to have gone on to better things for themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WOULD HAVE GIVEN A HIGHER SCORE BUT SAW NO REASON WHY HEATHER KEPT COMING UP AFTER SHE JUST LEFT & HER BF TRASHED THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCEPT FOR THE KIDS, HEATHER WAS A WASTE OF HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY SHE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE DESTRUCTION CAUSED BY THE REPEAT OFFENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND UNTIL THE LAST, THERE WAS NO LOVING WIFE IN THE STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 PAGES AND ONLY 2 WERE ABOUT HIS NEW LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT A "LOVING WIVES" STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 2 years ago

I knew Heather seemed familiar, that story had a real sad ending for her. Also what the hell did Damien think was going to happen?!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I thought Penny Richards was first introduce in "Righting a Wrong". Five stars.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 2 years ago

Always a good read. 5*

DeVulcanDeVulcanalmost 2 years ago

Cool to see familiar characters in a different light. Great story telling as always, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved Shannon's comments about the energy situation! As something of an economist and who has been following the whole 'renewable' nonsense, I knew what the consequences of the B administration shutting down as much of our energy sector as possible would be.

The German's tried to do it — shutting down coal and Nuys and substituting PVs and windmills. Almost crashed their economy. And even before Putin starting shutting off their supplies, they had returned to a large % of coal fired plant...

By the way - I'm not opposed to finding other sources of energy (geothermal, using ocean currents, and other potentials), but trying to put in tech that is 50 to 1500 years old wasn't a great idea.

Good story on the whole anyway.... be careful women with good men, because there's a lot of fish in the sea.

PostScriptor

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good read. However your political influences turn me off. So sorry I won’t be reading anymore of your stories.

looking4itlooking4italmost 2 years ago

Just curious, how did “ cjpked “ make it through spellcheck???

vintageridervintagerideralmost 2 years ago

Your stories are always interesting, but I find them difficult to read. Probably my fault since this one has already been favorited by 45 people. Oh, Well! Keep slipping in your comments about economic truths, God knows your readers will never hear them on the major news networks.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

You sir, know how to weave a nice story.

xtc5xtc5almost 2 years ago

Overall I enjoyed it. You like the word "rich" a lot and throwing in your politics added nothing to your story. I would recommend keeping those views to yourself, but that is your choice.

Thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, realistic characters Not particularly likeable but realistic. I think I've got to read more of this author. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really good story, enjoyed it. Realistic and believable. 4.5 just based on some items that really aren't important but effect the flow of the story a little.

@xtc5.......I'll make a deal with your side. Quit pushing your agendas on everyone else and we will quit standing up for ours. Just agree to disagree because most people in this country do not believe in what you do. You are in the a very small minority, just because the comedy channels i.e. MSNBC, CNN, among others are loaded with your fellow dis-illusionists doesn't help or further your cause. Every instance that has been tried by your politically correct idiots has cost tons of money and produced nothing. You know there is a reason the San Andreas fault is located where it is. It makes the removal of the drains on this country easy to remove when the time comes. Whether it was God or some alien group that created the planet as some sort of experiment. The decay that has flourished west of this line will be removed when necessary.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

This was too painful to read. I don’t mean emotionally

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

@ XTC5 Please read JimBob44’s first paragraph in the author’s End Note. He writes for HIS own pleasure! And he shares it with We-The-Readers. But, do you really believe the main character would have, in retrospect, preferred having an L.A. D.A. release him within hours back onto the streets (instead of an LA D.A. sending him to prison)? In some fairness, not every inmate uses incarceration time so effectively…. But, in some more fairness, a lot of L.A. victims did not happen by virtue of those years.

5*

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 2 years ago

I really like your Cajun English. There’s something pure and funny about it. I was hoping for a different ending, somehow reuniting Randy and the three kids. Can’t have everything.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
A decent story

Well writen with a lot emotion.

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

I quite enjoyed this story. Your characters live in a quaint enjoyable universe. I do like your tales and how they all interconnect.

Scores 5;5 keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You , dear sir , sure can spin a yarn ! I even kinda got to know these characters a bit , even the short timers vaguely . I expect that’s a fairly tall order in a story with less than 5 full pages , yet you pulled it off . I was thoroughly entertained , thanks for an enjoyable read that’s worth every speck of space dust it takes to form these five stars !!!

Angry_White_Cuck2021Angry_White_Cuck2021almost 2 years ago

It’s kinda like a sit-com without the television, I woke up in the middle of season 4 and by the time I found the remote… the story was over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A typical and enjoyable JimBob story. I always read them, and its become for the plot. seeing old characters resurface, noting the changes. Not sure the political drops were to my taste, but the rest of the story was quite good.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 2 years ago

Well done.

Even though we've seen similar plots before,

this story had the warmth and humor

that made it special.

And colorful characters.

Add those three elements up

and no one delivers better than JimBob44.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story. Thank you for not having Randy be stupid enough to dump Shannon and take Heather back. I was afraid he would. I would have liked to have more information about what happened when Randy was away and Damien reclaimed Heather and trashed the house, e.g., was Heather on board with that, or did Damien threaten her and give her no choice? 4 stars from me (it lost a star because I found it implausible that Shannon, as described, would be interested in an ex-con who works as a welder and is gone for 14 days out of every 21).

BlastusBlastusalmost 2 years ago

JB44 nails it this time. Other authors give us a tour of lifestyles of the rich and famous. JB44 takes us to the other side of the tracks to where the real world lives in post Christian America and he does it with skill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

U turned me off with blatant attack on Liberals and Green Dealers giving everything over to China. Everything has been given to China, and it was done by fucking Capitalistic business men who figured another way to fuck American workers. Killed your story for me right there.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 2 years ago

Another excellent story. A little sad, a lot sweet. Good job, my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not up to your usual work, but enjoyable nonetheless. Found it a little convoluted, and it also seemed to end rather abruptly.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 2 years ago

A very enjoyable reading time with twist I was not expecting- it took a higher road and I think made it a better story. A young ex con who changes his life and keeps going despite set backs with women! I really like Heather’s development and decision for the better of the kids! A story within a story and a lot of depth to it! Definitely worth reading again which is why I favorite it!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

fausttusfausttusalmost 2 years ago

Well you did a better job at hiding your political views. So nice job there. It distracts from what is otherwise a decent tale.

good story moved along well and keep focus well. thank you,

Crusader235Crusader235almost 2 years ago

Another great story from JB44.

Even tho his spell checker has gotten use to his unique spelling, I always enjoy his writing. Thank you for this one.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

The tale was disjointed and the dialogue was often stilted. The moronic political remarks regarding fossil fuel use also detracted from the tale. There was little point to Farley’s transgender issues as far as the story line was concerned, although it was nice that the characters were written to treat the child well. All in all, a mixed bag, with some decent writing in parts, leavened by some poor writing in other parts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Kind of agree with #bobareeno, except the political remarks, ummm those are environmental issues need 'ya all be remembered' {do you all need to be reminded of the gulf disaster of a rig on fire and resulting spill or go back a bit further to Exxon Valdez} sorry to split hairs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really not clear why Heather just upped and left to get back with that a**hole Damien. Even a little bit of dialog or perspective from her side would have helped. 3/5

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

Good story with some sad folks mixed in with the good ones. Randy and Shannon are a great pair.

BaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyBaldingGrayingMiddleAgeGuyover 1 year ago

First let me say that I enjoy your writing style. It makes for some fun and interesting stories. However, there's a pattern I've picked up on your stories, things where there is room for improvement.

Courtship is in my estimation your biggest room for improvement You really don't spend much time on it, and what efforts you DO put into it are too unrealistic. HOW and WHY did the characters fall for each other? With this story for example, there's really not much in the way of courtship. There's virtually NO explanation or reason for WHY either Heather OR Shannon are in love with the MC. You don't even try to sell it as love at first sight (and the instant fireworks that come with a first kiss, first glance, etc that would come with love at first sight). You definitely possess creativity, so I KNOW you can do better!

The other thing that really bothered me with this story was how Heather just dumps Randy and leaves with the convict boyfriend. Yes, you did at least try to explain that one, but the explanation is weak, and just is too far away from reality to accept. Heather is barely scraping by with three kids, and living in a shitty, rundown trailer. There's NO WAY she's going just give up living in a nice home with a man that loves her and is a good father figure to her children. NO. WAY. IN. HELL. Yes, this is fiction, and yes we all accept and expect things to stretch reality, but stretching reality is one thing, completely breaking it (which is what you did here with Heather) is another thing entirely.

Please don't think that I'm being overly critical here. Like I said, I DO enjoy your writing for the most part. I'm merely pointing out things that I think would improve it if you took my constructive criticism to heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story fell apart when Heather just up and left without a word with Damien. She had a good thing going and just decided to pick nigh nuclear destruction for her and her kids. No explanation given. Just not believable. Only explanation is severe mental health issues.

Bobcat13Bobcat13over 1 year ago

Like most of your stories, it does jump around. Know what? That's your style so keep it up. Keeps your stories from being run-of-the-mill.

I also like the way you present the dialect of the region. I worked with lots of people from that area decades ago and it brings back memories of some great people.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Reading about Heather was a real downer. Loved Shannon. Would love to have heard a lot more about her.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed this storu about life. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I don’t know as the story was real good until the last page. I’m not sure but it seem rushed and inconclusive. So I gave it a three as the ending needs to be rewritten

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

I love this story. It doesn’t matter how crappy a situation gets, if you have one person that loves enough to stick by you, the rest works itself out. I’ve read a lot of stories here and Shannon is one of my favourite characters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Heather just can't seem to get it together.. that's the second good man she threw away for that loser Damien. What is it about Damien that she can't seem to let go?. She was finally happy, her kids were finally happy & had a stable safe home. and as soon as Damien gets out of prison, she goes running to him without a second thought. The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting different results. Most men wouldn't date, let alone want to marry a woman with mutiple kids & wasn't sure who their fathe's are.. she had all this baggage and still found love TWICE!..Her kids deserve better. I'm glad she finally made a decision that was best for them. Hopefully, she finds another good guy... but I doubt it. Good guys are hard to come by. They're either already taken, dead or gay. She was blessed with 2 and fuck'd it up both time's. She's too old to still be doing stupid shit like this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.