All Comments on 'That's My Van'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Keep on writing your enjoyable stories in 2024!

5

kelchakelcha4 months ago

Dang, that was a sad one.

Would have liked the story fleshed out a bit more, but it's your tale.

Death for adultry is extreme in all cases.

Conviction probably for manslaughter or a lesser charge. Confess, do your time and Minister to other convicts would be my preference. Maybe also bottom for a few guys to help them cope. That would be real penance.

Thanks for the work.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey4 months ago

A compelling tragedy in the style and locale ‘Fargo’. What in the world is a ‘southern boy’ languishing away in the frozen tundra for. Great to see a new story. Thanks very much.

MattblackUKMattblackUK4 months ago

A tale of cheating and tragedy. 5*

CreeperclawCreeperclaw4 months ago

I read a little lesson years ago, didn't care for it but the characters didn't seem familiar here. Also a good question was raised, why didn't the cheaters just open the van and escape?

Buster2UBuster2U4 months ago

5 Big Blazing Stars for an interesting read. My only question is why they were trapped in the Van.Why couldn't they get out? Thanks for the Effort. Buster2U

steeltiger01steeltiger014 months ago

Thank you for starting us off with a new story, but that was a rough start to a new year. A very good story, but a sad ending for all concerned.

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

Your attention to fine details is mind boggling. And I mean that as a complement.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ProfesseurXProfesseurX4 months ago

A fine story. thank you.

MellowJoeMellowJoe4 months ago

Darker than your usual. Great story, please keep writing.

MellowJoeMellowJoe4 months ago

I mentally added a cliff that the van went over to explain why they didn't just open the doors.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

As always, no shortage of broken people to build a story on - LOL! 3.8*

someoneothersomeoneother4 months ago

So the MC committed only murder in the second-degree. But LW is still happy.

I see the story as a missed opportunity to ponder whether JC loves a Christian minister who murders his wife and her lover.

AnyMooseAnyMoose4 months ago

Sad for Sid; quiet desperation seldom ends well.

MwestohioMwestohio4 months ago

A sad one all the way around

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher4 months ago
You had a decent story going

But your ending killed it. Not sure what you were thinking with this but oh well.

jlg07jlg074 months ago

Goid story, but bummer of an ending.

BehindbluisBehindbluis4 months ago

And the world continued on. And as I look around at my own church and notice the similarity in stories and circumstances, I find it not too odd a story from reality.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

I could just see Lori and Dwight welcoming Pastir Sid in hell.

What a tragic story.

A pastor who can'f do what he preached.

Thanks for that somber story @JimBob44.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago
meh

he took the easy way out

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Started out as a decent and enjoyable BTB, but turned into a depressing morass of cringe. What a way to destroy what could have been a good story :(

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U4 months ago

Great story. In my opinion it was to short. I really enjoy your writing and the amount of detail you add to your stories. So when I read these shorter stories from you I'm low key disappointed, because I feel there is more to the story. I also enjoy the Author's notes. I have actually went back and re-read some stories to just refresh myself about one of the characters listed. Can't wait to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bad. Where's the story?

RoadwarrioroneRoadwarriorone4 months ago

Such a sad tale.

4****. Not sure way the van occupants could open the rear doors , you can lock people out but not in any vehicle. But this is your story line.

Still liked the story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Promised myself i would srp making comments on stories. But for this one i jist had too

Utter RUBBISH

6toes6toes4 months ago

Sad story but that’s how life is

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Desperately sad, but as always exceedingly well written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great little story. Five stars as always.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A waste of time, slow and boring

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If I recall correctly, Sid pressed the lock button from the driver's door. It would have locked all the doors. After that, the electrical system would likely have been shorted by the lake water.. No way out, with electric windows, too. Which is why many drivers keep a window breaking tool on board.

By the way, four stars for an interesting story. Unfortunately, not five big blazing stars.

JPB

ribnitinribnitin4 months ago

I don't understand why the lovers couldn't escape the van rolling into the lake.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story in many respects, but I read to be entertained. Such a grusome story cannot be called entertaining or uplifting.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Surprisingly complete for such a short story but you kept to the core story and covered everything. Well done

(I wish I could do that...)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Huh? What?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why would the rev commit suicide? He had provided retribution for the cheaters sin. And I hope they didn't use the turkey baster approach to get the lesbian pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Always enjoy your Loving wife stories.

optimus1123optimus11234 months ago

I enjoy most of your stories and will continue to read your offerings. However this story just kind of rambled with no direction.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For those that keep asking why they didn't try opening the doors they showed on Mythbusters even bit of water will make it almost impossible to get them open. And in their paniced state they would be disoriented. And if the water was deep enough they showed that vehicles will start to flip upside down. So if they didn't have a clear head it's quite conceivable they would have drowned.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Marked "Like It" for the quality of the writing and the steadily unfolding plot development.

But I really didn't.

Thanks for your creativity, but how about at least a slightly happier ending next time?

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Couldn’t even get through it. Devoid of any human emotions, conflict, and meaning. Just cliche fodder for the BTB fetishists

KiwihunterKiwihunter4 months ago

A great story of the evilness of religion. I maintain that you cannot trust anyone who attends a church. They have proved to me without exception that they are all murderers, thieves, deceivers and liars. Stay away from church folks as they will destroy you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow, what an ass. What a waste of a decent vehicle. Easily worth more than most of the characters in this story. Nice punt.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well, that was boring.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If I wanted a double murder / suicide, I would watch a bad television show. This was a waste of my time.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean4 months ago

Not what I expected, but more to it than most I read and interesting view and a sadly believable story line.

BSreaderBSreader4 months ago
It started

Out rough and ended terrible.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A most excellent slice of life tale from small town USA. And as life in small town USA is a continual work in progress it has neither a beginning nor an end. JB44 pulls this off remarkably well. Seven out of five stars at least.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Superb quality writing. This belongs in a published work.

Outstanding,

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

That was pretty sad and unpleasant.

KRD19254KRD192544 months ago

This story brings out a very big L issue with L's rating method;

1. Do you rate on the quality of the WRITING, or

2. Do you rate on the originality and context of the story, or

3. Do you rate on the emotional impact the story leaves, or

4. Do you rate on the completeness of the story?

\

1=5*, 2=4*, 3=4*, 4=5*, overall

\

4.4**** Hooyah, Salutes

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree4 months ago

Well ...

I may not have liked the ending,

but everything else was damn perfect.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

great story with a killer ending, still thinking about it the next day

GardenshedGardenshed4 months ago

Well that was sad, but still thought it was a good, different story. The cheaters got what they deserved. Sid found out Karma is a bitch……

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

absolute travesty.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill694 months ago

Sad but almost real life story.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy4 months ago

Interesting story! Well written good characters and dialogue and plot as usual for JimBob44!

Please keep writing what you want and I will keep reading what I find interesting.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades2 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Oh, oh, now that wasn’t anywhere near what I was expecting, I'm not religious by any means and yet have a close relationship with a Vicar, so I know that they like the rest of us are just as normal good or bad, from what I’ve seen in the news lots of religious leaders are going lots of wrong.

This story, good one, little odd maybe but seemed a fun read to me

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 2 months ago

This has the makings of a good ghost story. Good work

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 month ago

I am certain it is just me, my mode or whatev, but I could not follow the plot. I admit I was scanning, but why.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.