Let Myself Believe

Story Info
Will he or she just wind up hurt again?
22.1k words
4.67
87.5k
226
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JimBob44
JimBob44
5,087 Followers

*Author's Note: Any and all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age.

**Disclaimers: This story has been edited by myself, utilizing Microsoft Spell-Check; you have been forewarned. Expect to find mistakes. If that bothers you, kindly stop reading now.

*.**.*

It was a pattern Andrew Carter knew all too well. He had something he valued, something that was his. And William took it away from him. If his older brother couldn't take it away, then William would break it.

And the rest of the family would take William's side. After all, William was the golden child, the fair haired son that could do no wrong.

"Quit!" Candy Durmonte giggled, playfully slapping William on his arm.

"What?" William smirked. "That's what it is, right? Sharp Knife College, right?"

"Andy, tell him he's wrong," Candy protested, still giggling.

"Uh huh," Andrew said, not bothering to hide his annoyance. "Candy, he knows it's Whittle College. He's just being an ass hole."

"Andrew!" Big Bill Carter snapped, graying eyebrows knotted together in anger. "Do not call your brother..."

"Okay, Dad, whatever, Dad," Andrew snapped.

"Oh no sir, do not 'whatever' me, young man," Big Bill barked out.

"Whatever, bye," Andrew said, turning and walking to the door of the Carter home.

"Andrew Michael Carter, get back here," Big Bill barked out, furious with his middle child.

"Candy, you coming?" Andrew sighed.

That long hesitation, the look Candy gave to William was all the answer Andrew needed. With a final shake of his head, Andrew left the living room. He did not bother going up to his room to retrieve the suitcase. There was nothing of value to him in the small case.

Walking in and catching his girlfriend of two years in a passionate embrace with his older brother had been a painful shock. Quietly, he'd turned and left the library before either Candy or William had seen him. Natalie Carter, their sister and the baby of the family had seen Andrew, and just like everyone else, had taken William's side, smirking at Andrew's consternation and pain.

Andrew did not hear Natalie inform Candy, quite gleefully, that Andrew had seen her and William's passionate embrace of moments earlier. Andrew did not hear Big Bill's declaration that Andrew just needed to get over it; Candy was free to choose whom she wanted, and obviously, Candy had chosen the better man.

Andrew would have smiled at his mother's sneering declaration of "The better man? A better man wouldn't try to seduce the girlfriend of his brother, would he?"

Of course, the smile would have left Andrew's face when William laughed his mocking laugh and said, "Try? There was no 'try' to it. I said let's fuck and this little slut said 'okay.'"

Andrew would have found little pleasure in Candy's shocked gasp or pained sobbing. He also would have felt little compulsion to soothe, comfort his former girlfriend.

On the nearly fourteen hours from DeGarde, Louisiana to Broken Field, Kansas, Andrew had a lot of time to think. He and Candy had been talking marriage. They'd been talking about their future plans and goals and aspirations. Candy had graduated the previous semester with a Bachelor's in Business Administration. Andrew was very nearly finished with his Master's in Electrical Engineering. Of course, he would be assuming a position with Triangle Carter Incorporated and had planned to assist Candy in finding gainful employment with one of the oil companies or other industries in and around St. Elizabeth's Parish.

There was just the one obstacle to their future happiness; Candace Ann Durmonte insisted on meeting Andrew's family. Andrew had begged with Candy; please elope with him to Las Vegas, please run off to Mexico for a wedding south of the border. Anything but meeting his family first.

"Know what? A broken engagement is a shit load cheaper than a divorce," Andrew decided by the time he pulled up to his apartment in Broken Field, Kansas.

He did not hear from Candy. After two weeks, Andrew boxed up the few items she'd left in his apartment and brought them to her parents' home in April Springs, Kansas. When her father demanded to know where Candy was, Andrew gave the man William's cell phone number.

"Thanks a fucking lot, whiney ass faggot," William snapped at Andrew. "Had some ass hole calling, looking for his slut daughter."

Andrew disconnected the call and quickly blocked William's number. After a moment's hesitation, he blocked Big Bill's number, Natalie's number, and their mother's number. A phone store in the local Save Well discount store sold him a new cell phone and cell phone number.

"Dude, where's Candy?" Freddie Scott asked, spotting Andrew at the local Brick's Pizzeria, enjoying a medium Supreme. "And uh, hey, tried calling you last night; Whittle tore up the Pioneers, man."

"Yeah, dude," Ryan Smith asked, attempting to grab a slice of Andrew's pizza.

"Bitch, get your own," Andrew said, slapping Ryan's hand quite hard. "Sorry, dude, got a new phone number; guess I forgot give it out."

"Dude! Joking here, all right?" Ryan complained, rubbing his injured hand.

"Seriously, where's Candy?" Freddie asked. "Cindy's been trying to get her; she ain't answering none of Cindy's calls."

"Don't know," Andrew shrugged. "Went to visit my parents. Candy met my brother, decided she'd trade up and that's the last I seen of her."

"Dude! No shit?" Ryan asked, mouth open in shock. "Dude, that's seriously fucked up."

"Cindy, think you need to get on over here," Freddie said into his cell phone.

So Andrew told Freddie and Ryan and Freddie's and Ryan's wives the whole sordid tale; from birth, what William wanted, William got. If there was anything left afterward? Then Andrew got the crumbs. And that ended the moment Natalie was born. Now, William got the lion's share, then Natalie was next in line. If there was anything left, then Andrew could have that.

"My science fair project? I mean, I'd created a vortex, a controlled tornado, you know, using dry ice," Andrew said, clenching his jaw tightly. "Guaranteed A, right? William breaks it all the fuck up the night before."

"And that's who that bitch Candy left you for?" Freddie's wife Cindy asked.

"Better off without her," Dianne agreed. "Ryan, I said dibs on the last piece, damn it. Give it here."

"What? You still eating that last piece," Ryan complained but did relinquish the last slice of pizza to his wife.

"And of course, my mom and dad? 'Oh, William didn't mean it. He just wanted to see how it worked. Tell him you're sorry William,'" Andrew continued. "So, I catch Candy with William, I'm sure my dad said, 'what? She's supposed settle for Andrew? When she can have William?'"

Andrew had no way of knowing it, but his statement was fairly accurate to what Big Bill Carter had said. Cindy, Dianne, Ryan and Freddie shook their heads in disgust.

"Well, we need to do something to get you out of this funk," Ryan declared.

"Yeah, man, sitting around? Dwelling on the problem? That's not the solution, Dude," Freddie agreed.

"But I'm not," Andrew said.

"No, no, just sitting around feeling sorry for yourself over what that bitch did to you?" Ryan said.

"But I'm not," Andrew protested.

"Girls, we need to take Andrew to um, to, um, where, Ryan?" Freddie asked.

"Benhurst!" Ryan announced.

"Benhurst? Colorado?" Freddie verified. "Hell yeah!"

"Count me out; Jake's got the Hollister case coming up," Dianne said.

"And I'm scheduled all week at Stanfield's," Cindy stated. "Especially if you're going to be visiting any of them pot shops they got there."

"Guys' weekend," Freddie and Ryan announced and gave each other high fives.

Andrew found himself being coerced and bullied into a 'Guys Weekend' he had not wanted, nor needed. Yes, the break-up with Candy did hurt, but he had simply put it behind him. The break with his family would be a little, a lot harder; after years of studies, Andrew realized he simply could not go to work for Big Bill and William in the family business. He simply could not, and would not work under either one of the Carter men.

He had chosen Electrical Engineering specifically because Triangle Carter Incorporated provided the electrical services for offshore oil rigs. They also provided communications and computer services; Minnie had suggested that William go into engineering as a way to keep them current, keep TC ahead of the others vying to provide the same services. Big Bill had immediately shot Minnie's idea down; William was needed in the office. So Andrew, who had always maintained better grades than William, opted to go to Whittle College.

Triangle Carter Incorporated had actually been Minnie Carter's brainchild. Big Bill had come in from a fourteen day stint on an offshore oil rig and had told Minnie about a portable telephone that one of the electricians had brought with him. Big Bill had laughed at the device, had laughed at the foolish electrician for wasting all that money on such a cumbersome device.

Minnie however saw that there was a need for such communications and saw that a company that could provide reliable, affordable communications in such locations would flourish. Despite his misgivings, Big Bill agreed to give it a go.

At the time, Triangle Carter Incorporated was named TC after Minnie Carter, Bill Carter, and the mountain of debt the Carters were under. When William joined their family, he became the third leg of TC. Then Andrew came along; Big Bill and Minnie did toy with the idea of becoming Trapezoid Carter; Minnie said she'd drop out and be Stay At Home Carter. Natalie's arrival restored the idea of Three Carters; William, Andrew and Natalie, with Big Bill driving the triangle around.

While Freddie and Ryan schemed and planned their extended weekend, Andrew completed his requirements for his Master's. He then emptied out his apartment and put everything into unit 223A of Eazy Storage Center on Henderson Plains Road. The apartment manager did a walk through and grudgingly agreed that Andrew would be getting a refund of his security deposit.

"All right my man!" Ryan screamed as they got into Freddie's Mercedes-Benz. "Raquel Falls, here we come!"

"Raquel Falls?" Andrew asked from the rear seat. "Thought we was going..."

"The Ski Lift Motel on two ten," Freddie affirmed. "Don't worry, we got three rooms, pussy. Like I told Cindy, ain't no way I'm sharing a bed with either one of you homos."

"And I used some of Dianne's miles," Ryan agreed. "I mean, no offense, dude, but Jesus! You ever smell a bathroom after you drop one?"

"Aw, fuck you," Freddie laughed. "Like yours smell like flowers? But hey, anyway, this? This is all about getting our man Andrew Lonely Dick Carter laid, right?"

"Right!" Ryan screamed.

"Guys, shit, it's not like I need your help getting laid," Andrew protested again.

Andrew had not been blessed with Big Bill's bruising physique or Big Bill's handsome face or thick, wavy blond hair and deep brown eyes. Andrew had taken after Minerva Minnie Carter. He'd inherited her tightly coiled red hair, fair complexion and glittering green eyes. He'd also inherited her slight build. Thankfully, he had also inherited her business acumen and her strategic skills.

Most people considered Andrew more than just a little cute. Until they met William. Than Andrew simply ceased to exist.

The trio checked in; Andrew taking the second floor room while Ryan and Freddie took two ground floor rooms with an adjoining door between the rooms. Andrew was grateful he would not be saddled with an adjoining suite with either Freddie or Ryan. He could just see one or the other or both of them barging into the room as he tried to sleep. Or, on the off-chance that he might actually bed a woman over the four day weekend they'd scheduled, having Ryan or Freddie barging into his room while he entertained a woman.

"Okay, gentlemen, synchronize watches," Freddie said, adopting a serious tone. "Our first stop is Club Landslide! On forty nine."

"Club Landslide?" Andrew asked.

"An avalanche of some of the finest titties Colorado has to offer," Freddie confirmed.

"Aw, God, really? A titty bar?" Andrew complained.

"Leaving here at oh twenty one hundred hours, gentlemen," Freddie continued.

"It's twenty one hundred hours, dumb ass, not oh twenty one hundred hours," Andrew sighed. "Fine, let me grab a quick shower and I'll meet you at the car."

"No pulling your pud in the shower, Colonel Carter," Ryan chortled. "Let's leave that for the ladies."

There were several attractive young women prancing around Club Landslide! Most were fresh faced girls that smiled and cooed and expressed sympathy when Freddie and Ryan explained that they were there to cheer a disconsolate Andrew over the break-up of a long term relationship.

But it was Freddie and Ryan that drank quite a few shots of a drink that Club Landslide's bartender called a 'Snow-blind.' It was Freddie that went into the D5 Room with Dallas, a full figured red head with large freckled breasts and juicy looking rear end.

"Gentlemen, I declare this operation a success," Freddie said, staggering slightly as he returned from the bathroom. "Roger?"

"Roger!" Ryan agreed enthusiastically.

"Gentlemen, the next target of Operation Happy Dick is Cunning Stunts, on Gold Rush," Freddie declared, pointing them toward the door of Club Landslide!

"Cunning, what the hell kind of name is that?" Andrew asked as his hearing returned to normal.

"What's the difference between Harry Houdini and Halle Berry?" Ryan giggled.

"Oh! Oh, I see. Don't, God, just don't," Andrew begged as they got into Freddie's Mercedes-Benz.

"One is a cunning stunt, the other is a stunning cunt," Ryan giggled drunkenly.

"I said don't," Andrew complained.

Cunning Stunt also had a plethora of attractive women that were willing to remove their clothing for money. They were also willing to do slightly more for a few dollars more. For quite a few dollars more, they were willing to go into the Magic Room for some one on one time with a customer.

Ryan and Freddie both went into the Magic Room; Ryan with Ebony, an attractive African-American girl with pneumatic breasts and Freddie with another large breasted red head that said her name was Ariel.

"Gentlemen, the target has been reached and conquered, roger?" Freddie drunkenly slurred.

"Roger," Ryan agreed. "God damn, black girls? They got them some of the tightest pussies, I swear!"

"Our next target..." Freddie stated.

"Is bed; give me the keys," Andrew demanded. "You have had way too much to drink, dude."

"Naw, fuck that," Freddie said. "Our next target is Rocky Mountain Way, on Aspen Drive."

"You two can go get yourselves killed; I'm ubering," Andrew declared.

"Gentlemen, I think the problem is, Colonel Andrew Carter is a gigantic pussy," Freddie announced. "He must be brought up on charges of desertion; a court-martial able offense."

"Agreed, general," Ryan drunkenly said.

"Whatever," Andrew said, leaving the loud nightclub.

Freddie and Ryan both looked rough the next morning. But over breakfast, both described the girls of Rocky Mountain Way in graphic detail. Neither man seemed to notice that Andrew was not paying them any attention.

"Uh, either one of you uh, maybe happen stop and ask yourselves what Cindy or Dianne would think if they caught your asses?" Andrew asked, adding Tabasco to his scrambled eggs.

"Dude, how you can eat that?" Ryan asked, looking a little green.

"Shit, Cindy ain't going find out," Freddie said.

"But after reviewing your conduct unbecoming an officer," Freddie continued. "Colonel Smith and I? We've decided to give you one more chance to redeem yourself. So, tonight, at oh twenty one hundred hours, we shall begin our operation at Benhurst's finest steak restaurant, Daughters. From there, we will proceed to Golden Nuggets on Berkshire Way. Synchronize watches, gentlemen."

"Cindy and Dianne? They're okay with you spending this kind of money?" Andrew asked, paying the waitress for his breakfast.

"Is that what happened?" Freddie sneered. "Huh? Candy found out you don't wear the pants? You wear the pantyhose?"

"Really, pussy," Ryan jeered. "I told Dianne we might get a little wild. Think she had anything to say about it?"

"And, dude, Ariel, or, no, no, it was Heather? Said we got try that pot shop right next door," Freddie said.

"Nope; pot just gives me a bitch of a headache," Andrew declined.

"Pussy," both Freddie and Ryan sneered.

After lunch, Andrew went for a walk. This weekend was depressing when he stopped to think about it. Supposedly they were here to cheer him up, but there was nothing cheerful about watching his two acquaintances frivolously spending money on anonymous sex with dancers. He wouldn't be the one to tell either Cindy or Dianne what their husbands had been up to during their visit to the beautiful little town, but he would not lie for either Freddie or Ryan either.

Daughters Steaks had an attractive young woman dressed in bustier and thong panties greet them as they entered. Their waitress also wore bustier and thong panties and smiled graciously as she took their order, smiled graciously as she served their meal, smiled graciously as she rebuffed Freddie's demand for her phone number. The smile faltered when Ryan insulted her 32B breasts as he gave her a twenty dollar tip.

"Here; twenty bucks," Ryan said, a little too loudly. "Who knows? Few more tips like that, maybe you can get yourself some real titties."

"Ma'am, I am so sorry," Andrew said, also giving her a twenty dollar tip. "The food was excellent and your service was impeccable."

"Thank you, come again," the girl said before retreating quickly.

Golden Nugget was a repeat of Club Landslide! And Cunning Stunts. Loud music, flashing lights, pretty girls willing to take off their clothes for money. Prospector's Mine also had loud music, flashing lights and pretty girls. Again, Ryan found an African-American girl to his liking and paid for a private dance in the Champagne Room.

"Hey!" Ryan screamed drunkenly at Andrew. "What's your problem, huh? Come on, dude, cheer up, huh?"

"Dude, this is stupid," Andrew declared, getting to his feet. "You two can do whatever you want; I'm going back to the motel."

"You can't do that!" Freddie protested.

"Watch," Andrew said, already tapping out the Uber app on his phone.

Freddie and Ryan did not come to the diner for breakfast. While enjoying his breakfast in silence, Andrew idly looked at the local Benhurst Bugler that the motel provided for their guests. An ad promised that the Centennial Walk had good music and good food. Friday and Saturday nights, a live band provided the music for dancing. Nestled on the shore of Merilee Lake, Boardwalker's promised fresh trout and home fries.

"See?" Andrew said, looking at the photograph of several young couples dancing. "This. This is where we should have gone. Not them places with all them skanks running around."

The Nasty Pig Barbecue restaurant served the three men a good hearty barbecue sandwich and some hearty potato salad; Ryan tried the fried pickles. The waitress wore a snug, short tee shirt that exposed much of her belly and a pair of crisp white bikini brief panties. She smiled politely as she took their order and smiled politely when Freddie asked her what time she got off.

"Right about four thirty; my girlfriend usually picks me up on her Harley," the girl said.

"Gentlemen, we need to coordinate our plan of attack," Freddie intoned.

"Y'all can coordinate, plan, do whatever y'all want," Andrew interrupted Freddie's monologue. "There's live music and dancing over at Centennial Walk tonight. That's where I'll be."

"Gentlemen, Lieutenant Carter has a most excellent idea," Freddie agreed. "Hell, we have been spending way too much on the pussy at those titty bars, am I right? Okay, synchronize watches."

JimBob44
JimBob44
5,087 Followers