King of Hearts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Take a chance, if you think it is a chance, but I assure you that you don't have to worry."

"I can't lose my niece, Mom. It's going to be awkward enough after last week."

"Erica..."

"Mom, Erin wasn't the only one to fall for him that first Valentine's Day, except he chose her. Don't get me wrong, I know they loved each other deeply. I'm just not that lucky. Every man I meet I compare to him and every one of them falls short. I've been loving him in hiding for years—I can continue to do it."

"Don't give up before you start. Test him. Use your feminine charms to make him come to you. You do have feminine charms, right?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Probably in a drawer somewhere, rusting."

We laughed and she hugged me. She whispered, "Whatever happens, don't abandon your niece. She needs you."

***

Sunday night, I sheepishly walked up the steps to Sam's home. I hadn't told him I was coming and I hoped it was okay to do so.

I rang the bell and my knees were practically knocking together. I heard the sound of little feet running towards the door and Sam shouting for her to wait.

The door flew open and Emma screamed, "Auntie Erica!"

I knelt to hug her and she said, "Daddy said you weren't coming."

"I would never miss our dinner together, cuddles," I said hugging her tightly.

Sam was standing behind her smiling. "I'm glad you came. We would've missed you terribly."

I smiled at him and walked into the house. As I did, he stopped me and hugged me.

"Erica, nothing is more important to me than my family. You're a huge part of my family. Please don't shut me out. Whatever happened last week, we can make it right again if we just talk about it."

"I'm sorry, Sam. I was embarrassed that I handled everything so poorly. I'm fine now, really."

"Good. Now, let's eat. I made your favorite just in case you did come."

"Ooh, baked cheese ravioli? You spoil me, sir."

"You're worth it," he said as he kissed my cheek.

***

After a delicious dinner with less controversial conversation than the last week's meal, Emma ran off to watch a movie in the den. Sam led me into the living room to talk.

"Can we talk about what happened last week, Erica?"

I sighed and said, "Sure."

"So, what was it that upset you?" He asked.

I crossed my legs and noticed him look down at them. I hadn't dressed up, I was wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I had taken my flip-flops off when I walked in and was still barefoot. Was he checking me out? I decided to pay closer attention.

"I think it was everything together. I think I was understanding her as asking me why I didn't want to be her new mom and it hurt me. I could never take my sister's place."

"I think we just confused her with the date talk. I explained to her, after you left, that we like each other and just like to spend family time together. I'm not sure she completely understood, but she stopped asking questions and has been fine all week."

I crossed my legs the other way and subtly, he glanced down again. How could I have missed it before?

I had to decide if I wanted to take the risk and leap into his arms or if I wanted to let it play out slowly. I wasn't happy thinking about doing anything slowly. It had been so long since I made love to someone that I was worried my hymen grew back. No, I wanted him to bend me over and make me his on the couch right then.

I stood and excused myself to use the bathroom. As I was walking away I turned my head back and caught him looking at my butt. I smiled and almost laughed as he quickly looked away. My new plan was going to be interesting.

On my way back, I checked on Emma in the den.

"Hey, cuddles, whatcha watchin'?" I asked knowing full well it was Frozen for the umpteen-thousandth time.

She didn't look away from the TV and said, "Frozen, silly. Come watch."

"Okay. I'll get your dad."

I walked into the living room and saw him holding Erica's photo with his back to me. He wasn't hugging it like I've seen him do before. He seemed to be talking to it.

I stopped and waited for him to finish. I couldn't hear what he was whispering and it was none of my business anyway, so I gave him his privacy. He kissed the picture and reverently placed it back onto the mantle.

Before he could turn, I said, "The munchkin wants us to watch her movie with her."

He quickly turned around surprised by my entrance. I saw the trace of a lone tear that escaped his eye.

"Oh? Sorry, I didn't hear you come in."

I walked over to him, wiped the tear with my thumb, and kissed his cheek.

"Come on, you know how she gets if we keep her waiting," I said as I looked at the photo of my sister, while he walked to the den. It was her wedding photo, standing on the steps leading to the church's altar, with her long dress fanned out across the floor. I kissed my fingers and touched the picture. I whispered, "I love you."

I remember my mom and I took ten minutes to get the dress just right so that picture could be taken. She looked so beautiful. Little did she know, that long dress would cause her to trip on her way into the reception hall. Our Uncle Jack caught her arm and stopped her from falling. She almost regretted her choice of dress because of that.

***

When I walked into the den, Sam was sitting on the couch, in the middle, with Emma already snuggled into him. I would normally sit on the recliner, but I was going to take things up a notch.

I saw the surprise in his eyes when I sat next to him on the couch. Emma was lost in her movie and didn't notice as I scooted over until our hips touched and I leaned my head into his shoulder. He lowered his arm from the back of the couch around my back and squeezed my shoulder gently.

It couldn't have been five minutes that passed before I heard Sam snoring. Emma sat up and looked at him shaking her head.

"Every time, Auntie Erica. He always sleeps during the movie."

I shrugged out from his arm, trying not to wake him, and said, "Well, if he's going to sleep, he's going to miss out on the popcorn. Come with me."

She jumped up, ran for the door, and stopped suddenly. She grabbed the remote and paused the movie, making me smile.

She beat me to the kitchen, slid a chair over to the cabinets, and climbed up. She almost dropped the jar of popcorn, but I caught it and helped her down.

"I'll get the popcorn maker," I said walking over to the pantry.

After melting the butter and popping the corns, I carried the large bowl and she carried our napkins into the den.

Sam had slid down so he was sleeping leaning into the spot I was sitting. I pointed to the recliner and she nodded her head yes.

She sat on my lap, we ate popcorn, and I made her laugh by tossing popcorn at Sam. Of course, she wanted to join in and after a few minutes, we had made quite a mess.

Sam woke up during the credits as we tried to quietly pick up the popcorn mess. Emma's giggles put any idea of quiet to bed.

When he sat up, a dozen or so kernels fell from his hair. He laughed and said, "I guess that's what I get for falling asleep."

Emma surprised me when she said, "You don't even know how it ends. You never saw it."

I laughed and he said, "And they lived happily ever after."

She growled and stomped off.

He helped me finish cleaning and said, "We never did get a chance to finish our talk."

"Don't worry about it, it's getting late. I'll see you next week."

He nodded as I turned to leave and say goodbye to Emma.

***

The next Wednesday, he came into the store surprising me. "Hi, Sam. What's up?"

My clerk, Angela, was checking him out with hungry eyes, so I sent her into the back to find something I didn't need.

"I need some wine, Erica."

"Well, you've come to the right place."

He smiled and said, "I need to buy some wine that will impress someone. She's a real wine connoisseur, so I can't just pick anything out by guessing. I want something that will knock her socks off."

I wanted to cry. I was finally going to go after him and he'd found someone else. I thought that maybe it was for someone at work, so I did what any girl would do—I fished for details.

"Well, what kind of impressing are we doing? Is it a gift? Are you bringing it to a meal? Do you know what kind of meal?"

"Well, I guess it's romantic impressing. I'm having dinner with her,"—I wanted to scream, NO!—"and I think I'm going to make baked cheese ravioli in a vodka cream sauce."

I was almost shaking, I was so upset. I was so close to having a chance with him and I blew it. To top it off, he was making her my favorite meal.

I walked over to a shelf and grabbed him a bottle of a nice Barbaresco. If he wanted someone else, the least I could do was help him be happy.

"This will be good for your dinner. If she's a serious wine drinker and you want to impress her, you'll need more."

"Oh yeah?" He asked.

I nodded yes.

"Are you having an appetizer?"

He said, "Stuffed mushrooms." I loved stuffed mushrooms. My face must've been green from my jealousy. He was feeding her my favorite foods. I guessed all I was to him was someone to practice on.

"I've got a nice Prosecco that will go great with them," I said and handed him another bottle.

"Let me guess, I'll need a dessert wine as well.

I nodded yes again, walking to another shelf.

I handed him an expensive bottle of Sauternais and said, "If she's not impressed with these wines, she doesn't like wine."

He smiled and said, "Will these break me?"

I laughed and said, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford them."

He shrugged his shoulders and I took him to the register to check out.

"Erica, I was thinking of going to the cottage this weekend. Would you like to come?"

I was shocked. I knew he hadn't been to his cottage since Erin died and he only recently got it back into the excellent condition it was in before.

I was hesitant to say yes. If he was interested in another woman, I didn't want to spend a weekend away with him. But then I snapped out of it and decided that I would try to win him over her. Hell, I had to have the inside track with our knowledge of each other and my relationship with Emma.

Whoever the bitch was, she wasn't getting my man that easily.

"Sure, I'd like that. Emma and I can build sandcastles while you fish," I said.

He looked at me with a sort of smirk and said, "Thanks for your help with the wine. Plan to leave Friday night after work if you want to ride together."

As he walked out, my clerk came back and said, "We didn't have any back there."

"I know," I said, as I walked to my little office.

***

"Mom, has he mentioned dating anyone to you?" I asked. I called her to see if she had any inside info on my new nemesis.

She laughed and said, "We did talk about a woman he had his eyes on for a while. He said it was time to find Emma a mother."

"It's not funny, Mother. I'm losing him before I have him."

"Erica. I told you to take a chance on him. If you've blown it by waiting too long, that's on you."

"Whatever! I have to go. I need to finish packing a bag. I'm going to meet them at his cottage for the weekend."

"Them?" She asked.

"Emma and Sam, Mom."

"Oh! Okay, call me Monday."

I debated on packing sexy clothes to try to seduce him. I decided not to, as Emma would be there. The weather was still nice so I packed a bikini and that would have to do, as far as showing off my charms.

I had to work late so I told him I'd meet them up there. It was only an hour's drive if there was no traffic.

The cabin was on a lake near the Wisconsin border. When Erin and I first went there, he showed us the before and after pictures of his renovation. He couldn't do a complete teardown because of the lot size being too small, so he had to leave one wall standing and build around it. It must've cost him a fortune, but it was an amazing two-story house with all of the modern feel of a home.

I pulled into his long driveway just shy of seven o'clock. He asked me to text him when I was a half-hour away so I figured he wanted to time a pizza order.

He was waiting in the doorway when I pulled in. He was dressed very sharply in a pair of slacks, a dress shirt, and also wearing an apron. I was confused but thought that he probably drove straight up from work and hadn't changed.

"I didn't know you were cooking? I figured you'd order pizza or something."

"It's a special occasion tonight."

"Is that why you're dressed up?" I asked. "I don't have any nice clothes with me."

I had changed into leggings and a t-shirt before the drive to be comfortable. I was also confused by what was the special occasion?

He carried my bag into the bedroom and already on the bed was a little black dress, stockings, and a pair of high heels. They were mine.

I looked at him and he said, "I figured you wouldn't come up here with anything nice to wear. I took the liberty of getting something for you. Did you forget that Erin had a key to your house?"

"You could've just told me to bring something."

"And ruin the surprise? No way!"

He turned to leave the room and said, "Dinner is in fifteen minutes. Hustle up!"

I hoped he didn't open the shoebox in my closet that I used as a toy box. All of a sudden it hit me, where was Emma?

"Hey, where's Emma?"

"At your mom's," he said walking out.

***

After freshening up and dressing, I walked into the kitchen. He was standing at the counter, pouring the Prosecco I sold him into flutes.

"I was about to send a search party," he said, handing me a glass.

I was in shock as I took a sip of the sparkling deliciousness. Did he cancel with the other woman and bring the wine for me to drink?

"I suppose you have questions," he said.

"Um..." was all I could get out. Then I saw the mushrooms on the table. I realized then how stupid I was.

"I was afraid I'd missed my chance with you," I said quietly.

He kissed my cheek and said, "Sit. Let's eat these before they get cold."

I was glad then that I decided to give him well pairing expensive wines. The mushrooms were amazing and the Prosecco went with them perfectly.

"You're an amazing cook," I said.

"I like to cook. It's a fun way to express myself and eat well at the same time."

As I ate the last 'shroom, he set a plate of pasta in front of me and a glass of the dinner wine I chose.

"You have amazing taste in wines," he said. "This is really good."

I smiled at him and said, "It's my life."

He frowned before saying, "I'd like to change that."

Confused I asked what he meant.

"You work too much. I would like to spend more time with you. Emma would like it as well."

Stalling, I took a bite of ravioli.

"Have I rendered you speechless?" He asked impatiently.

"No, it's just—I never thought that it was possible. I thought I was going to lose you and had to steal you away from someone else."

"There's no one else. It's only ever been you and Erin."

"What do you mean?"

"The first night we met, I knew I wanted to meet you but Eric, just before we got to your table, told me that he wanted you. At that point, I saw your sister and liked her as much. The rest is history."

I would have to remember to kick Eric in the nuts the next time I saw him.

"You mean you didn't choose Erin?"

"Well, I guess you could say I did ultimately choose her. It was only a few seconds after I saw you though. I married her and loved her deeply. I wouldn't trade one second of my life with her for anything."

A tear trickled down my cheek as I said, "I've loved you from the first moment I saw you. I never stopped, but it was easy to let my sister have you. I saw how she fell for you that first night. I never said anything after she died because I didn't think I had a chance with you."

"I didn't think you felt the way I did, Erica. That's why I said what I said to Emma. I truly thought you didn't like me in that way. It wasn't until you left that I thought I may have been wrong. After you ignored me, I had a talk with your parents about their feelings. I didn't want to upset them by telling you how I felt. If you didn't feel the same, it would be awkward."

I laughed at his using my own words.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, please kiss me before I burst."

Boy did he ever kiss me.

His lips were as soft as pillows and the tenderness in our first kiss turned my soul on.

We separated and he looked into my eyes. I'd never wanted anyone as much as I wanted him at that moment.

He took my hand and said, "It all changes from this moment forward. Once I have you, I'll never let you go."

"Please don't, ever," I said as he stood and led me by the hand to his bedroom.

We kissed as our hands explored each other's bodies. It felt amazing to be touched by his strong hands. I felt so safe, so loved, I was in bliss.

He slid his finger through the spaghetti strap of my dress and pushed it down my shoulder. A moment later, my dress pooled at my ankles.

His massive hand stroked along my spine, sending shivers through my body as he made his way to cup my rear cheek in his hand. His finger was so close to my drenched pussy that I begged him in my mind to touch me there and love me.

I moaned as he grabbed my rear with both hands and lifted me onto his hips. Wrapping my legs around him, he pressed his hardening bulge into me, almost dry humping me.

He set me on the bed and I desperately needed him to remove my panties. They were flooded with my desire for him, my body communicating silently with him how much I needed him.

He stood over me with a look of lust and desire that I'd never seen from anyone before him and unbuttoned his shirt. All of a sudden he stopped and said, "Please don't ruin my favorite shirt."

I gasped and lifted my heeled foot to his chest to push him. "Shut up and make love to me, jerk."

He grabbed me by the foot and pulled my heel off. After kissing my stocking-clad foot he lowered it down, gently.

I stared at his naked chest, taking the opportunity to enjoy the view I've only stolen glances of.

"Take off your bra and panties," he said as he unbuckled his belt.

When I was completely nude, he looked me over and smiled, "You're an amazing woman, Erica. Brains, inner strength, and beauty. You have everything I need in my woman. My partner. My wife.

I almost came just from his words. I had never been as happy as I was at that moment. I would be his—his forever.

I begged, "Please take me and make me yours. I've waited for so long."

I swear he growled as he pressed the head of his hard shaft into me. My legs shot out and my other heel fell to the floor. My entire body was quivering as he bottomed out in my hungry tunnel.

He straightened my leg so my calf was against his cheek and he stroked into me. His angle made his tip rub the right spot constantly and he set me off like a rocket. It felt as if I came for ten minutes as he kissed my calf and rubbed my leg on his cheek.

"I love you so much," he said as he stiffened and shot stream after stream of his hot semen into my womb.

As he was softening, my body shook with another small orgasm and I pulled him into me with my legs. "Not yet," I said in a whisper. "So good. So perfect."

He fell out of me and laid down, pulling me into his chest. He so warm, so loving, I knew I'd never be anywhere but his arms.

"I love you, Sam," I said and enjoyed his touch until I fell asleep content.

***

I woke the next morning to the sound of the doorbell. Sam wasn't beside me, so I let him deal with whoever was stopping by at seven in the morning.

I heard voices and then the sound of a stampede heading towards me. The door shot open and before I knew it Emma was shouting and jumping on top of me. Thank god I had dressed during the night.