Joad in February

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have been in a long term relationship with a younger woman -- Cody -- that I met at a bar one night. Like me, she was divorced. She had two children at home with her, and her husband had moved to the west coast. She was 35 years old when we met and her kids were in high school -- twins and in their sophomore year. When they went off to college she and I moved in together at my house. I loved her. She was lively, and smart, and the sex was great. Maybe she wasn't as much of a beauty as Linda had been, but she was pretty, and guys did pay attention to her when we went out.

I told her soon after we met about all the hullabaloo surrounding Marc Stevens' death. Of course, I never let on how he had died. The publicity eventually died down, and no one was ever arrested or charged.

One Saturday Detective Logan showed up at my house and I invited him in. I was home by myself.

'I retired last week. Good pension,' he said.

'I'm happy for you. But why are you here?'

'I just want you to know that I became convinced that you killed that asshole. And.....well...he deserved it. Maybe not your wife, though.'

'I didn't do it. BUT, he surely did deserve it. I congratulate whoever did do it. Why do you say Linda didn't deserve it?'

'Well...it was just one night and she only did what many other married women did when the jerk came on to them.'

'You know, if it had been them meeting somewhere and privately going off to fuck, maybe we could have gotten over it. But it was just too in your face.'

'I guess.'

'How's your partner?'

'She's a captain now. A real go getter.'

'She was sharp.' I said..

We shook hands and he left.

As for Linda, she eventually made a partial recovery. We rode together when I took Shellie to school. On the way back I asked her how things were for her.

Linda said, 'I'm okay. I have a boyfriend. Sort of a friend with benefits. I know you and Cody are together.'

'Well, yes. And when her kids go off to school we may move in together.'

Linda whispered, 'I wish all of it hadn't happened. We would be empty nesters now, and could have had some real fun. I'm still so sorry.'

'So am I.' We were both crying.

Later she moved into her friend's apartment. But I don't think she ever fully recovered from that night. And, maybe I haven't either.

I was never sorry at all for doing the jerk. Probably saved many marriages. One of my more effective altruistic deeds.

The End.