All Comments on 'Joad in February'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 219 Comments
26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

I thought for a minute that someone was going to do a sequel to The Grapes of Wrath on a porn site. The TJ turns out to be a highly trained ex military assassin, and figure we're going to have some action. The to my great delight someone finally kills Marc, which makes this story a *5. Actually, it was a really good story until you rushed the ending with the 10 years on epilogue. The finish didn't, for me anyway, stand out like the rest of the story. Good story anyway.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

Great tale but not enough retribution on the cunt wife. You do not disrespect the husband you love to do something like this. She should have been permanently disabled. Maybe not as bad as the beginning but bad. It just shows I could be a prick sometimes. That's why I read these tales.

NKKMDNKKMDalmost 3 years ago

Baclava is a dessert, balaclava is something that covers the head and face.

Altruistic is when one does’nt stand to gain from an act- he did it for revenge?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

At least he's not a pussywhip

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ENOUGH of these 'February' stories, the original wasn't that great and you couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge the original author when using his characters/story idea.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

'Well...it was just one night and she only did what many other married women did when the jerk came on to them.'

So what you are saying detective Logan is I can have sex with YOUR wife?

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Another BTB douche story

Just curious. Do the kids, your kids, mean anything to you BTB dirtbags? In all your stories the kids seem like afterthoughts or... as if they are someone else's. The selfish need for revenge and lashing out is more important to your protagonist (and namely YOU) that the welfare of the kids is never considered.

Kids are not toasters or life accessories. But from the way their welfare is never considered in these stories, it sounds like none of you BTBers give a crap. It's all about you.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Damned right.

Death to the undertoad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Did not make it past the first paragraph. When the author does not know the difference between “discrete” and “discreet” and then follows that with an intro of his main character as a 23 year old college student who is a trained assassin for the US military I roll my eyes and stop reading. I am willing to allow a certain amount of suspension of disbelief but that is too much, too soon.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

He did some fine public service murdering that asshole. As he says at the end, many marriages were saved by executing a sick bastard that got off on humiliating husbands and destroying relationships.

The only part I didn't like was that the husband says he never recovered from that night. He dumped his slutty unfaithful wife and is now bedding an attractive younger woman who adores him. I think that would go a long way in helping him forget all about Linda's betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Irrespective of anything else in the story, wearing a baclava mask can be fatal. Inhaling the honey can cause severe respiratory distress. It’s “balaclava.” Guessing you used Word’s spellchecker only.

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

Very good but the end seemed rushed. I think killing him was a mercy. I would have preferred his knees being damaged along with his dick. That would have caused him a lifetime of hurt. 4 stars

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

A good story...Even if it has some incongruities like:"although she deserved to suffer. Not like this, though. I felt some tears on my cheeks"...Really? A good story can look like an extraordinary one in a day with 17 new stories, in which 16 of them are lousy, stupid and some moronic...For that 4*

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

I got sick to my stomach when I read:

Laura asked me if I could forgive mom for having sex with another guy.

'Maybe, I said...

Luckily, he came to his senses by the end. Pity she came out of the catatonic state. That would have made it even better. I wouldn't have felt that way, until she told him it would have been worth it if the football player didn't die. Whore through and through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sh#% happens.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

I almost skipped this one, but it was the only 4+ rated story amongst a bunch of 1+ and 2+ cuck tales.

Yeah, I roll my eyes at all of the ex-military assassins in these stories, but at least that part of this one was understated.

I noticed the part in which our hero said that he might have been able to get past Linda's adultery if she'd just been discreet about it. That part pointed out that the problem wasn't that Marc used her pussy, but that the real injury was to his ego, and to his pride. He could have gotten past it, maybe, if nobody else knew he'd been cuckolded.

Linda said that the sex with Marc had been "spectacular," but at least she wasn't depicted as going on and on and on about it, as she did in Mr. Anderson's original. I'm thinking that a real wife might have said it was pretty good, but still soft peddle it a bit more, just to salve her husband's pride, to let him think that he really could compete.

This one was actually pretty decently written.

Hiram325Hiram325almost 3 years ago

I actually like that the bastard took an axe to the head... one of the better efforts in the ongoing saga,

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

That was done well.

But I feel the author should have gone all the way and made it a whole new story

with some small allusion to the February Sucks story as this could be a standalone

story. Thanks for making it a bit different from most of the versions.

/

In my country most men with wives who would cheat would do this -- what Mr. Joad did, kill the cheater(s). And he can go scot-free with a light punishment -- banishment from the town where he is residing. Yes, no jail sentences. So that is why it is rare wives that cheat in my country.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

When the story begins with telling us that the main character is an assassin, I got a bad feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the better endings. None of the wishy washy angst feelings that some in other versions were put through.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 3 years ago

Ninja Commandos strike again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Poor knock off of February Sucks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

G Awsom wrote short, sweet, entertains story. This is like some soft drink. LOVE also hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know it is a pain to get an editor, but until you can make your story flow cleanly it will assist having a second pair of eyes on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

she doesn't date but she has a boyfriend?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Read too much like a police report. But at least the asshole was taken care of, and the bitch was burned.

3***

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 3 years ago

5* for your story of a real man husband who puts an axe to Scumbag Marc's future destruction of marriages and families. The slutty cheating wife got a head, but ended up left alone. Well done tale of revenge! Bwah ha ha! Write on!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Not a bad story/version overall but a couple points I need to comment on. While "most" of us readers know this is a followup to GA's February Sucks, you do not reference it at the start of your version. That is inappropriate - always reference your "sources". The second comment is do NOT disparage the military by insinuating in ANY way special forces get to "share the loot". Confusing some convoluted Hollywood movie plot with reality is demeaning to those that faithfully serve. I would hate to have my friends visit you to clarify...

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

The petulant whiner who deletes posts pointing out his plot holes wrote

"Just curious. Do the kids, your kids, mean anything to you BTB dirtbags? In all your stories the kids seem like afterthoughts"

/

Sure we do, it all part of teaching good moral traits, like be honest. Its also why we teach them not to steal, or shit on the street, or burn down black owned family businesses to fight systemic white privilege.

.

You know the simple things like dont be an asshole, make the world a better place, etc, etc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not a fan of murder porn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Couple plot notes. You said he took and ax “handle”. Then the police report said it was a sharp object. An ax handle is not a sharp object. Perhaps you meant a hatchet. Also a face-covering hood/cap is a balaclava. Baklava is a European tasty dessert. See the difference?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I gotta say, I liked this one. Not too long..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Overall OK but the story was just not believable. The original by GA has yet to be surpassed by all the alternate versions.

This story went full on nuclear and left me shaking my head. WTF!!!! Poor character development and dialogue.

ThorlolThorlolalmost 3 years ago

Dunno, deranged people like him who are walking around murdering people dont deserve anything but a lifetime in prison. I really cant enjoy this shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Despite its faults, this is actually better than the GA story. The character development of the husband is fairly consistent, and the plot lacks GA's plot grotesqueries such as "LW" and "Ellen". Having said that, why does nearly every author feel the need to write the husband as being gratuitously chivalrous, e.g. "Despite my callous reaction to her infidelity, I hadn't wished this upon her." Let's see...Marc gets a death sentence, but God forfend that something seriously unpleasant happens to the bitch? Not only does she deserve worse, this sort of blabber is inconsistent with the husband's character as developed up to that point. In addition, we get more virtue signaling slop when the slut is absolved of child support and gets generous visitation. This is stupid, formulaic LW virtue signaling by the author.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Nice take on GA’s now classic piece. I enjoy fiction and remind everyone that this is fiction. In real life, murdering some asshole for seducing your wife is just ridiculous. I mean come on, if your wife walks off with another guy, you had already lost her and she was just waiting for the right time to leave. Divorce the bitch, out the asshole to the media and move on. They are NOT worth the effort it would take to try to get away with killing either one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

To lujon

Why do you read any btb if you hate them so much?

Tell me, in this story, how front-and-center were the children in the thoughts of the wife when she betrayed the father of those children, the marriage, and by extension, the kids themselves?

To teach them not to steal or lie is good, but to preserve your self-respect, and to have that inner strength, that knowledge that you are not a weak, spineless, amoral wimp is going to send a deep, subconscious message to the children all on it's own, and may help them to develop into worthwhile adults.

As the husband could not accept cuckoldry, to attempt to stay in the marriage would have been foolish. Resentment would have grown, and the wife would have seen him as weak. The relationship would have been unbalanced, and the children would have formed a whole other life view. In the end, nobody would have survived.

As for killing the asshole, who cares? A piece of crap like that is worth less than nothing anyway. Just an animal who enjoys putting other people through pain for his own short term pleasure.

If the husband hadn't killed him, then it's more than possible that some other person may have been hurt enough to make an attempt. With the husband's skill set, and his successful act, he dealt with the trash, kept himself out of the mess, and moved on.

Someone else may have gotten themselves killed or injured, and had their life destroyed by the unjust justice system. If that other person had also had children, then the damage would have been multiplied.

You fucked-up liberals do what you want, to anyone you want, and get upset if there's a price to pay. Well, too bad. If someone calls you on your debt, then don't cry about it if it's you that caused the need for redress in the first place.

Strip away the bullshit rules that have been created to protect the guilty, and face the fact that if you do someone wrong, it's up to the person who has been wronged to decide the payment that will balance the books.

And all a legal system can do, is to impose it's own idea of justice after the fact... if they can prove their case.

If someone has been hurt enough to risk that outcome, and still feel the need to redress an intentional injury, then no amount of legal posturing is going to matter, and nothing will undo the fatal injuries that the asshole sustained.

And I, for one, would not give him a passing thought.

Go back to being your wife's footman. Or if it turns out you are a predator (which I highly doubt, as a predator would respect a person with the fiber to stand up to them), then I hope you come across your own version of this protagonist.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 3 years ago

Also not big of murder, for any reason. Clever revenge appeals more. How about finding a gorgeous woman with aids, put a ring on her and take her dancing near Stavens. Sort of trolling. Also sensitive about making the military out to be some kind of bandits. Not real, not fair and not wise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like the quick revenge. No way the marriage could survive. Great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why did you bother? Yours was an absolutely stupid 'ending' to an aready dumb original story (which, IMHO, has already attracted far too much attention).

MaxxxstylesMaxxxstylesalmost 3 years ago

I find it funny how some writers try to justify the immoral actions of a character based on an immoral action of another character. Interesting is the statement: “I stayed away from married women, although some of them seemed anxious to bed me. But after my experience, I thought it immoral to do that.” Well dude, you just killed someone with an ax handle! In case you didn’t know…that’s immoral! He may as well have fucked the wives because he lost his moral high ground. Hypocrisy is one of the worst character traits to have. An interesting read, but the action of the wife didn’t justify the action of the husband. As far as I’m concerned, the husband’s actions were no better than, or even worse than wife’s actions. He’s a psychopath. Plain divorce would have been the right course of action; and the hypocrisy was enough to deduct a some stars: 3 stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Marc got what he deserved this time. You need an editor. You told us Cody moved in after her twins went to college. Then you told Linda Cody might move i after her kids go to college. I'm not a huge grammar NAZI but timelines are important. I will say though that he should have worn a balaclava, the Baclava (baklava) mask was probably sticky.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

As others have said, why no acknowledgement of the original, especially as the beginning is plagiarized from it?

\

"I gave May my business card" - "May" never introduced herself, so how does he know her name?

\

He "stored a rope?" A rope is an ordinary thing to have around. He went upstairs, then jogged to the second floor? Wouldn't he already be on the second floor when he "went upstairs?" This is obviously in the U.S., we enter on the 1st floor, go upstairs to the 2nd floor.

\

What were the wool socks for?

\

"she's in hospital" - That's British phrasing; we say "in THE hospital."

\

He called a lawyer friend, why didn't he just use that lawyer?

\

You're (mis)using single quotes instead of double quotes, another sign that you're British. Not that it's a bad thing, but it caused some mild confusion, like the "upstairs/second floor" thing.

\

Not that it would really have made a difference, but her initially lying about having sex didn't help her cause.

\

Much too stilted, read like a police report.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Ax Handle" - He didn't say "ax handle," he said "hand axe." that's an ax with a short handle, similar to a tomahawk, and can be used with one hand, as opposed to a regular ax with a long handle that requires two hands.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I don't know what it is about these February stories, but they all get me. I was applauding him, although his life never really recovered from it. Not a bad job at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

Thanks a pretty good version of this story. I would like to have seen more interaction/ confrontation between theMC and his wife. But all in all a solid *4.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 3 years ago

He could have been honest and called it 'February Sucks - yet again'.

It wasn't one of the better of this, long, series.

Our 'hero' being a cold blooded murderer didn't win any sympathy.

Is this a USA thing? In the UK we really do not admire murderers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A background in special operations is too convenient and violence is a too easy and uninteresting a way to resolve these stories. Protagonists with ordinary life skills and a conscience make much more interesting and satisfying stories.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 3 years ago

Kind of a rough read, could be hard to figure who was saying what, and characters (June/Judy, the mysterious May). The story itself is a kind of cliche, except the husband telling the story admits he is a super soldier who can murder at will, it doesn't come out of the blue. Why he kills Marc I don't know, he could easily have knocked him out and roughed him up, damaged his nuts. It kind of makes people who have served in the military who have had to kill into psychos, they aren't, they kill when they have to, when someone is a danger to them or others in a real world sense. As far as being part of a military team that steals and he has enough to buy a house, that is Hollywood...

Linda in this never really shows remorse, she never even tries to figure out why, and even at the end she is kind of like not really remorseful, she almost tells Marc she is sorry he couldn't deal with it and it is his fault, not hers.

The one glaring problem in the story is with the two daughters. No parent is going to tell a little girl of 8 and a daughter or 10 or 11 that his wife was having sex with another man, that would be child abuse, among other things the kids wouldn't understand it. If they were late teens, he might say she had an affair, but little kids like that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too bad you can't give 12 star ratings. This one deserves that for not going down the cuck hole 90% of the stories on this site revel in living in. The only draw back is the wavering about ever forgiving the cheating slut. If she had a job, she should be paying to help support the children she abandoned. And before some of you suck ass punks try to say she didn't abandon them ask yourself if they had any connection to their father. She walked away from him that night and by extension, them. I really appreciated the wrath being rained down almost immediately. Please take this as a template and write many more stories about a guy taking names and kicking ass.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star. This is just a FANTASY ending and not any better than all the rest.

Murder is never an option, especially for a domestic dispute.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Well this was weird and mostly fun. Linda was the usual psychotic cunt. What a worthless bitch.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

Sorry…too many cliches. The cops wouldn’t take to computer without a warrant. Some other minor issues….just not my cup of tea.

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 3 years ago

I think I have read all of the February versions. This one is pretty good. I think at this point, killing the Lavaliere character is a must.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This beats the absolute hell out of the original stupidity posted by GA. The scumbag got less than he deserved, but it'll have to do for this life. Too bad you didn't do the cheating wife too. Why save her? Now you have to divorce her; give her money, listen to all the whining, pay for lawyers, etc. A more realistic ending would have been doing them both, in bed. End of problem, they both get a full bowl of just desserts!

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasalmost 3 years ago

While the murder seems over the top, read the news. Thousands of people every year are killed by a jealous spouse.

The writing is a solid step down from that of the original. But the creativity and flow of the story make it a fun read nonetheless. I gave it a four for originality and flow. With the help of a good editor, it could be redone into a classic and a five. Thanks for writing it and keep up the good work.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 3 years ago

I liked the story better than most all of the others.

To Sbrooks103--The wool socks were worn over the shoes because shoes leave a definite print like a fingerprint that can be traced to it's owner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@Sbrooks103x

After critiquing demander's use of quotation marks in his story; you misused double quotation marks in a second comment directed toward an Anonymous reader. You should have used single quotation marks, not double quotation marks, since you were referring to phrases posted in the anonymously posted comment and the relevant story.

___Anon8675309

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Surely doesn’t deserve the score it has.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Marc never understood that, "If you play with fire, you'll eventually get BURNED!"

.

Good story, but you blew one important point. A "baclava" mask? Man, I bet that was SWEET. I'd do a search for 'baclava', which is actually spelled baklava. I think you were looking for balaclava, which any good military man should know how to spell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

To anon who starts with 'To Lujon',

Wrong target on that btb bullshit. The person you should be addressing is Kalimaxos, the cheater apologist and cuck story enthusiasts. That's the guy who can't handle being pointed out.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Another big nope in this long line of endings that dont need to exist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The character got a baclava mask? I'll bet it was delicious.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

The ending almost assassinated the story. If he's willing to go that far for revenge, he should probably go further just to move on.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

5 stars....this is equal to or better than the original .

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

Nope sorry, 1 Star to over the top.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 3 years ago

Just one question--why did you change the race of the bad guy? In a world where a minority group does crime in disproportion to their numbers, are we really so wimpy we can no longer call a spade a spade?

Also, I must have missed the place where you acknowledged Mr. Anderson's part in creating the basic story. The only good thing I can say about this story is, "I do like the way your Hubby reacted to the cheating bastard."

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

*****One of the best ending chapters to this damn story. Thanks for sharing.

jflindersjflindersalmost 3 years ago

1. @sbrooks103s-The lawyer friend was said to be a public defender. A lawyer employed by the public defenders' office doesn't take private clients.

2. I didn't think it made any sense whatsoever to let her back in the house. Even though the house was in his name, in most jurisdictions the court can give her possession if she has custody of the kids. If she got better while living in the house she might have a realistic chance of winning custody.

On the other side I don't see what there is to gain by having her come to his house. She would probably get more sympathetic care from her parents than from him. The girls would have short-term enjoyment of having their mother home but would be more likely to be confused and hopeful about a potential reconciliation if the mother is home than if she's living with her parents. That hurt for them can't be cancelled, just delayed.

3. It makes no sense to me that ten years later, in love with another woman, he's still crying over the loss of his first marriage.

OOAAOOAAalmost 3 years ago

AMAZING story!!!!! Very well written!!!! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story was an adequate 4. You get a 5 because you killed the bastard. The gene pool is slightly less contaminated and future marriages will now survive that might not have, or shouldn't have.

Adultery is not the problem, it is a symptom of the real problem. So what would she do when some other celebrity decides to split her panties? If he had taken her back she would do the same thing again the next time she had the opportunity, which is maybe never, or maybe several times a year. He would never know.

Linda had somehow become toxic, and a sociopath. She admitted she became mentally incompetent in Marc's presence. She obviously lacks the character and morals to maintain her marriage commitments. The husband had little choice but to divorce her; Bravo.

The murder? Yeah, its against the law. In some countries and cultures Marc and Linda both would be condemned to death. Guess its White Privilege and racist to condemn those cultures? I know one thing, no other husband will ever have to worry about their wife running off with that subhuman pig. Hope the two fucks he got were worth it.

Thanks for one of the better versions of this juvenile ridiculous plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Didn't want to hear that he hadn't recovered. Sure sounded like he had. Living with a lovely younger woman with his children, and the satisfaction of knowing he retained his dignity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The best version so far, ineffective police as it is in reality, less dialogues and moralizing between hubby and wife which stinks to high heaven in all the other versions. Keep on writing, you could be better BTB author than most. I do honestly believe that these stories of woman sneaking out of restaurant to have a night with a celebrity are absurd but since it has been a "task" to write, you are excused.

-JT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's about time someone killed that son of a bitch.

5/5

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

I know killing is an american thing and I still think death isnot alwys the best punishment.

In this case I would have liked it if Marc was worked over for good without knowing who had done it. Let Marc live without balls and without his ability to play sport. He would have to live without his two only things that he is capable of.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 3 years ago

Good story... a rare 4 stars.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Super soldier. Of course. Rolls eyes. Sooo cliche.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

@baullyder68 - Then he should have mentioned putting them on.

/

@Anon8675309 - First of all, I rarely edit comments, stories should be edited. Second, I stand by my use of double quotation marks. Single quotation marks are for quotes within quotes, e.g. John said, "I like blueberries, but Jim said, 'I prefer strawberries.'"

\

@jflinders, thanks for the clarification on the public defender.

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

I'm not a fan of these February stories, the basic premise is utterly rediculous for a start and despite many, mostly bland and unoriginal efforts I've yet to read one that might change my mind. Why the original author thought it was a good idea to invite further attempts on what is a very poor plot and why so many have tried is totally beyond me. I say that if you start a story please be brave and confident enough to finish it yourself and follow your own ideas, also don't piggyback on something that is too weak to support you in the first place.

OK, sermon over and onto the critique of this particular example. Firstly I have to condemn the murder, I can only assume its an American thing judging from some of the comments. Is death really nessassary for fucking somebody else's wife? If so why not murder her too? Then where do you stop: kill somebody for trying to seduce a wife, kill them for flirting with a wife, what about just talking or looking at her? A line has to be drawn and I'm afraid if you think murdering somebody for illicit sex of acceptable you have some serious mental issues. Having said that I'm not criticising the author, plenty of professional and successful authors write about murder but by and large these murderers are, at the minimum mentally disturbed to outright insane, so where on the scale do we put Joad?

The story itself, to all intents and purposes ended at the killing, the rest seemed to be just padding and going nowhere, though why the police didn't investigate more is a puzzle. Accepting the main suspect's own security footage as an alibi doesn't seem very diligent, luckily we have police that take the job seriously in good old blighty. The main character's interaction with his family and Linda's trauma after the event were all pretty much standard, I kept reading hoping for some surprise or twist but it all basically petered out in the end. Linda got off way too lightly, Marc? Possibly paid too high a price, after all, when all's said and done neither broke any laws, the worst they did was to humiliate a man of questionable mental stability. The biggest sin was Joad's, yet he's considered the hero in most of the comments, just goes to show the mentality of some loving wives readers I guess.

Not bad up to a point but sadly ran out of steam and ideas. Hopefully now that Marc has finally met a grisly end well stop seeing anymore of the tedious February topic.

firedog451firedog451almost 3 years ago

Enjoyed your version. Great outcome. Sure had a lot of comments on the head covering. Knew what you were talking about without having to consult a dictionary. Surprised that sbrooks took issue with not using a public defender as his personal lawyer. As for taking money during his service time, there will always some who will violate norms, but I have confidence that the overwhelming majority of our military do not engage in such conduct. I don't see your story as being a condemnation of our entire military. Come on people, this is FICTION.

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

An extra thought: this guy is supposed to be an assassin, an expert on killing, yet his best effort is to sneak out of the window, climb over a wall and assault the enemy at his front door. So where was the security, the guards or dogs, camaras or any pretense of safety? Sorry this mess is totally rediculous and I don't mean the actions of the wife. Come on, even the most fantasticle story has to have some believability

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

I've generally quit read these February bullshit story and just check the comments to see if one is worth my time. The comments on your story got my attention. Got to say there are few if any LW stories where the cheated on husband kills the wife's lover with a double axe chop to the head. Looking forward to more stories from you.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
If you are going to use military “oh” time, or civilian times keep them consistent.

You use civilian 2:30am at times, and military 0500 at others. And if you’re making Mac & Cheese for the girls at 0500 in the morning, well that’s just wrong.

Damn time somebody took Mark the Asshole out of the equation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A couple more of these and we can change "LW" to 'FW'. As far as this version goes, I'm glad somebody finally got it together enough to kill the sorry sonofabitch. Maybe now we can move on to March.

FWlurker

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Bad guy lost good guy won. Good enough for me.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Bastard got what he risked getting…. Too fucking bad for the hug a thug bleeding hearts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Look the wife was the one who went with Marc, so why kill him. Murder is a crime that will get you in prison for life. Linda got punished in the divorce. The murder was over the top.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
I thought that all of the good sequels had been written

But you did very well. I particularly liked how you got the protagonist into action right away and did not mess about. You also did not mess about with the wife. BTB right away and move on to someone else who might actually love him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Simple and effective. I like it. Not sure I could live with having done that but I suppose someone of his experience might.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

@sbrooks103x1 day ago

@baullyder68 - Then he should have mentioned putting them on.

He did mention it. Read on.

"I took the wool socks out, and put the axe, knife, gloves and shoes inside the backpack, zipped it up. I mounted up and rode away toward the river. When I got near the bridge, I stopped and tossed the entire backpack as far out into the river as I could -- which was pretty far. There had been a rain the day before and the river was moving fast.....

...I rode my bike back toward home, and through the nearby woods to the workshop. I let myself inside. I took off the socks and put on another pair of sneaker. "....

@lujon2019

"Sure we do, it all part of teaching good moral traits, like be honest."

'"You know the simple things like dont be an asshole, make the world a better place, etc, etc"

It is apparent that you missed out learning how not to be an asshole.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

Thank you for your version of the story. One of the better if not the best. 5/5

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 3 years ago

A "baclava" mask?

Wasn't that a bit sticky? Not to mention messy.

Maybe you meant "balaclava"

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Dont

Don't think he should have killed him.He should have knocked him unconscious and then taken the axe to both his knees and ankles,making him feel the pain he gives others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

“I wish all of it hadn't happened.”

Passive voice. Years later she still didn’t take responsibility for her choice.

“I was never sorry at all for doing the jerk. Probably saved many marriages.”

Yes. This man is a hero!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Njlauren: You think a 8 year old girl doesn’t know at least the basic concept of what sex is? She doesn’t know that Mommy being with a man other than Daddy is wrong?

Telling his daughters the truth wasn’t child abuse! It was preparing them for the consequences to come.

Kalimaxos: The daughters are better off away from the toxic influence of their corrupt mother. In fact it would be better if she had no visitation at all. The best outcome would have been to kill the wife also. If the risk/reward ratio for adultery was higher both men and women would be more hesitant. A dead slut mom serves as an example to the daughters regarding their future marriages.

ZK

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

Good read, cutting off the head a bit much, maybe the little head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

good violence lousy ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

nicely done.

But turning him into a murderer was maybe the worse thing she did.

I think a more fitting end would have been crippling him, disfiguring him. That would ruin his wife sealing ways. That would have been long lasting revenge.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous