All Comments on 'Feb. Sucks - Alt. Ending - The End'

by Fiddlesticks49

Sort by:
  • 196 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

Decent attempt at a first story. I'm very surprised at Jim's parent's reaction. I can see them calling her a cheating slut, and telling her to her face that she should have been the one that dies, not their son Jim. I also can't see her parents very happy with her either. My guess is that once the kids leave home, maybe when they graduate college she will finally end her own life with a bunch of pills.

SikemSikemover 2 years ago

Great storytelling. The story was damn realistic. Infidelity does not usually end in murder suicide, but it always murders the heart of the victim.

Well done.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 2 years ago

Finally!

.

Direct action!

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
What a piece of crap

You started out regurgitating from Anderson's work and it went downhill from there

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 2 years ago

Not likely. Just a pity party.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why didn't Jim just shoot both of them he was a good man she was a slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any writer who takes the easy way out …by killing the protagonists is a writer who sucks!! A riveting story is one that has all emotions displayed…death ends all emotions…so a low score from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Her a bottle a gin, and a gun with a single bullet.

She'll know what to do.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

Not bad writing, there’s some grammar in there regarding the dialogue they could use fixing. But overall, it’s actually pretty good.

I did add it to my "Too fucking sad" list which seems fair. It's a damn sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written. Yes, sadly, this is one of the possible endings.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

Wow.

That was just like the original.........mindless drivel.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Suddenly... after the italics ended, we were thrust into a conversation without "quotation marks". Come on. It's the details that make a story readable. You write outstandingly, so punctuate with the same attention to detail and excellence. I especially liked the way you wrote the contrasting Linda and Jim reflections on the night's events. You excelled at describing Jim's toment, and you didn't beat the Linda/Marc horse to death as some do. Very well balanced! And the ending was right in keeping with your interesting and somewhat unconventional approach. Most importantly, you did not overplay the drama and turn your story into a study is hyperbole or extremes. Outstanding! This will stand out in the vast pantheon of February Sucks Resets!!

.

You have set a HIGH bar for yourself!! 5++++/5!!!

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Damn that was brutal!

I normally hate it when the husband tops himself over a wife's infidelity, but this story has been done so many times, it was interesting to read a completely different ending.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

The best part of Mr Anderson’s original was the conversation at the beginning, in which the married ladies all agreed they’d spend the night with Tom Brady. The problem is that the scenario was so outrageous and unbelievable that no one could fathom it, or explain it. That unbelievability makes all of the subsequent versions equally impossible.

Yes, it’s easy enough to see a married woman consumed by lust, and go off with someone like Mr Brady; it’s the abandonment at this dinner that’s the problem, the part no one can get past. Mr Anderson painted all of the sequels into a corner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars. Concise, powerful and very well done. Look forward to reading more from this author.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Well, in truth this sad story is one of the possible paths that Jim could’ve gone down. However, given how these things work out in practice it is more likely that Jim would’ve killed Linda before he blew his own brains out.

4/5 for offering the path that no one else has offered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Better than Anderson's version, but that was a different kind of story. Anderson was writing a cuckold story; she wanted to force the husband into accepting his cuckolding and reconcile with the cheating wife, or lose his kids in a divorce. If you notice, like all the losers who write cuckold stories, the husbands are always weak and indecisive.

.

Your story was different in that, while still weak, the husband you created realized there's no way forward that could include a wife who doesn't mind hurting him, as long as she has a good time. Women like that, men like that, are worse than worthless for a family unit: they'll sacrifice anything and anybody to serve themselves.

.

I don't like this husband because he allowed this tramp to put him mentally into a place where he could commit suicide. If he had toughed it out, I'll bet he wouldn't have done much time for killing the scumbag. Public opinion would have been on his side. His slutty wife was absolutely NOT worth killing himself.

.

Anderson did an extremely poor job in explaining the wife's behavior, but it wasn't her story anyway. The story was actually proposed by R. Gerald in the preface to justbobkc's story, "The Bridge - A Little More". So maybe Gerald should have written it, she writes cuckold stories too. Hell, maybe Anderson and Gerald are the same person: their writing styles are similar, they both get a kick out of cuckolding the husband, and the husbands are always weak and spineless.

.

Whatever, I don't understand why Anderson's story keeps getting sequels - it's just another cuckold story. You get 4 stars simply because you killed the cheater. The husband should have killed his wife rather than himself: who wants someone like that raising and influencing your kids?

rublicksrublicksover 2 years ago

Possibly the best answer yet

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Can we let this travesty die someday? The original story sucked, written by an author who's claim to fame is that he gets his fucking jollies from constructing tales that are primarily designed to piss off almost every reader.

This version is simply another monument to the steaming mound of excrement that was the original.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

Why in none of these stories do Jim's friends offer to stay the night with him, to keep him from doing anything stupid/console him?

The friends really are the worst

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Whew, from porn to misery porn.

Sucking a gun is an apt ending for the story, though.

And I mean the whole series, not just this one.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Not bad though I wish Jim would have made a run for it and started another life.

BTW, a thick 9 or 10 inch penis is huge.

Slick742Slick742over 2 years ago

She wished she had died and the rest of her life was horrible. Good. Loved it. SK742.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 2 years ago

Neither parent thought of the kids at the end of it all they were the real victims. I liked that the author took a different path with the revenge. What I will give the author credit for is that he never weaponized the kids as many do. I hate the fact that so many take that path and use kids as leverage or blackmail kids ARE NOT property. 5 stars for a well-written piece and different outcome Thank you

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

Sorry to say, you failed! A selfish person like her would never behave like her behaved in the end and she would never think: "My heart died the day my husband died"! A few weeks after his death, she would be looking around with the help of her selfish friend Dee. As in many others endings it also failed to show how could the other two husbands accept and helped their wives behaviour...And his parents encouraged her to move on with her life? Really? Did they ever looked at her and talked to her? So Not a good one...1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding version of this story. Well written.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Brava! Truly one of the outcomes I imagined the story, but…

…much much much better handling of Linda’s thoughts.

In my alternate I’d have the kids more messed up. Heck their mom is more messed in the head than any other version of the story yet here. Not a stretch for a withdrawn hyper introverted child and/or 40lb overweight 10 yo.

Also, you had a pretty long intro about George’s work yet you left out the key point this was all based on an hours long conversation among ~20 work conference colleagues, most 20-30 something, some married, about half women. And most the ten women said if they had this situation come up, like here with famous physically magnetic celebrity, they’d go off with them like Linda did here. I.e. this was based on real conversation with real women, not just something pulled from thin air. That the proverbial Martian Slut Ray (MSR) is a reality.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would some one put a stop to this story? I have never seen another story with so many alt ending ever posted here. Gods, enough is enough

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
Too far

You lost me at “I looked down and saw my pistol in my hand.” Magic?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1 star

Just for keeping February Sucks alive and for holding up ‘Mr’ Andersons original as something WAY more impressive that it ever was.

But then you had to regurgitate much of the original (in slightly different POV) with indistinguishable dialogue from narrative and wrap up with a ‘crime of passion’ murder suicide too and just a couple paragraphs of aftermath. Just not great overall.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

ReedRichards nailed it. I have commented many times that the public humiliation is central to the lack of believability in the original and all of the subsequent alt takes. GA, like many others in this category, traded vermisllitude for shocking acts of betrayal and treachery. It's not the cheating that is unbelievable, cheating happens every day.

A far more believable plot would be the wife receiving the athlete's phone number to discretely plan the infidelity. One can still have the discovery and all the fallout. "Man/woman plans and God laughs" is a well used theme that is both easily recognizable and understood.

People keep trying to fix this story by changing the ending. I keep asking why when that was never the problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like what the writer did, but Jim should not have taken his own life.Marc got his, but should have physically suffered first. Linda should have physically suffered, too. Marc's legs & arms should have been broken, his mouth stuffed and taped and locking pliers squishing his dick & balls. Linda should have her limbs broken, mouth stuffed and taped and drive something huge inside her pussy to tear her permanently

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now that’s poetic justice right there ! That’s a very plausible scenario , it was probably one of the most realistic I’ve read ! Good job and hope you write more stories !

jasonnhjasonnhover 2 years ago

This was a viable alternative ending but this, "Jim's parents, have encouraged me to move on with my life and begin to socialize and maybe even meet someone." ruined it. Jim's parents are sympathetic toward this bitch? Why don't they just dig Jim up and kill him again. NO ONE that truly cared about Jim should EVER have any concern about this woman. She deserves every ounce of guilt, sorrow, and loneliness she feels.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enough already. I think the story has been beaten to death!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lol not gonna lie, that's how I'd had done it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I will never understand why authors writing in the first person have a character describe his/her own death. I willing surrender disbelief for fictional accounts except for this issue, unless it is fantasy and the individual is reincarnated or otherwise brought back to life to actually tell the tale. Linda could have described that event with even more horror and emotion. Otherwise, your ending is a commendable effort offering of a very plausible outcome caused by Linda’s infidelity.

n516744n516744over 2 years ago

The end was too drastic. The children and grandparents were hurt. I may have been better had he gave a non-lethal shot. One I thought of he used a tazer. Marc gets tied to chair and so does Linda. Jim calls TV and Newspaper reports and forces Marc and Linda to make a public confession. The fallout would achieve more than killing Marc. Jim might go to prison for a short time, but that would be OK. Use it if you want, Fidddlesticks49.

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

That went south quickly. Well written but no hope or uplift

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, lots of passion but what a downer to go through. No relief for the reader is the weak point. Keep on writing, but with more variety in mood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written.

I personally after 500 or so versions of this story would have 1st punched Dees lights out.

Yeah I know violence again women is not on.

But the bitch never seems to get hers in these stories.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicely done. This is a very likely outcome of Linda's betrayal. Adultery has consequences.

premshankerpremshankerover 2 years ago

Author has failed to recognize the 'main theme' of the original story

Jim is a decorated Soldire, admired by Army for his valore and dedication.

In no way he is a weak person, why should he will kill himself with out any reason.

Blood shed noway fit in this story ,

It is not Western Stunt

Totally absured,unimaginative, purposeless rejoinder

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 2 years ago

with all these sequels lit could start a feb sucks category

i have yet to read a sequel where the bitch suffers

the husband is always the one who bears the brunt of suffering

in this story we are led to believe that she feels bad and is having a rough life .... booo fucking hooo

the kids growing up without a father ..... now there is the tragedy

when is someone going to write a sequel that when she comes home the husband is sitting there laughing and then calling 911 because there is blood running down her legs because of the cunt and ass being torn by the big cock

spending a few weeks in the hospital recovering from all the surgery needed and then suffering in pain for the rest of her life .... maybe now truly it would be a night she would never forget

let her die a slow painful agonizing death well into her 100 s

5* a start of a hardon and a tiny tingling in my balls

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

I gave you 4 stars for this endeavor. The construct of the back and forth between perspectives was okay with this short story. I could see the husband being distraught. He had all night to stew over what Linda had done to their marriage. He would not have been thinking straight. Ramming the other car would have a likely outcome.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

so it another of the Jim suffering solutions. Linda goes on with a sad life but she is alive. Atleast the rest of the stories Jim lives. I agree with Wargamer, if a gun was used its more likely Linda would be dead with Marc in stead of Jim.

sloggersloggerover 2 years ago

This is a sad tale and the 'series' is really the same, too, no matter how some authors try to dress it up."How could I have been so stupid, so selfish, so self-centered to allow this to happen. It was all my fault." Pretty much sums it up. Linda's punishment is a life time of regrets. Well written.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Yep! Eventually, someone had to write a story that faced the horrible pain and loss of self-respect with a murder-suicide. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5..best one of these follow-ups by far, and most realistic.

Rw43Rw43over 2 years ago

I'm not sure if you wrote this to make certain people happy, or if you felt that you had something truly original to say.

<>

It WAS original, and for much of the vignette I was captivated (but not sickened like I would have been from a detailed first-hand description of Linda's night of 'love'.)

<>

However, once Jim's mind crashed, the originality ended. You joined the competition for Worst Loser. It's understandable that you consider this to be The End.

<>

It's amazing there are still original things to say about the night Linda escaped her responsibility. For a little while I thought you had a winner going on. Too bad it faded.

<>

I think there are times when you can sympathize with murder/suicide, even while fighting to prevent it. This isn't one. Jim could say that the woman in your story isn't the Linda he married, but the Jim who shoots himself also isn't the one Linda married, either. He evidently stopped caring about his kids.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

ReedRichards makes an excellent point. Your piece was doomed from the start. Aside: could have left out efforts at erotica — way too short and stiff. I encourage you to develop an original bit of erotica.

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

1

Pick something new.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have shot her as well. Going to get life anyway so make it worth it. However, if I was good enough shot to leave her paralyzed then maybe do that and not kill her. She can live the rest of her life that way while I laugh on death row.

dawg_of_wardawg_of_warover 2 years ago

4/5, mainly cause it didn't completelyWOW me. However, you have written one of the better alternative endings to this story, and I have read them all. While some will condemn you for the suicide aspect, I think you did a good job rationalizing why it happened. Also, to leave Linda alive is more poetic justice then to just kill her off.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 2 years ago

Well done. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's right, kill all the fuck, and goats, and cuckolds!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The only thing I found off was she sees their car in their driveway and doesn't immediately think it's her husband driving it. Great effort overall

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

I think ReedRichards got it partially right, GA wrote of an encounter suggesting ALL/MOST married women would cheat if they had the chance to be with a particular celebrity, and that is just not believable. Oh sure, they’d joke about it, but never actually go through with it. BUT, Linda is not like other married women, so it IS possible that she’d do what she did. The UNBELIEVABLE part is that Jim would not divorce her immediately.

This story has Jim so distraught that he kills the asshole and then himself. No, she is simply not worthy of that kind of emotion. Jim’s life is worth much more than anything the skank could provide. He at least had a possible case of self defense after shooting the asshole who had threatened him and reached into the car to assault him. Put the gun on the far side of the dash and your hands high on the steering wheel and wait for the cops. Let the selfish cunt cry over her dead lover.

irinmikeirinmikeover 2 years ago

It is much easier to write an alternative story to “February Sucks” like this one after reading Anderson’s original and all the alternative stories published. In my mind George Anderson’s original is much better than any of these “wanna be” additions. Decently done but old news. Therefore a three on my scsle.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

This is a possible scenario. I hate self-punishing husbands though. Killing Marc was satisfying but Jim should not have killed himself. That is a selfish thing to do to his kids. Marc went down too fast. He didn't have time to maybe regret his actions for a few minutes.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

Ripped from the headlines. I’ve seen this outcome, with its many variations, in black ink on newsprint, countless times through my life. A sobering, powerful interpretation and conclusion. Well told. Thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Not a good move making Feb Sucks your first story!

\

Right off the bat, you're telling the story in past tense, then say that he IS a great dancer. That should be "was."

\

"I was exciting this gorgeous man!" - News flash, it wasn't you! You rub against a guys cock it's going to get erect.

\

The story was from Jim's POV, prefacing it with Linda's adds little.

\

"we all know, that you're the only man for her and you always will be." - Apparently not!

\

Learn to punctuate dialog! Quotation marks go around each piece of dialog, just look at the piece of GA's story that you copied! Also, when the same speaker speaks over multiple paragraphs, open quotes at the start of each paragraph, close quote at the end of the total quote.

\

DO NOT SWITCH POVs!!

\

Mark's house, not Marks' house.

\

"she chose Asshole over me after only meeting him for a few dances" - Hell, she chose him even BEFORE the dances.

\

"this unfortunate mistake of mine" - "Mistake?!" LOLOL.

\

This is seriously in need of editing,

\

@Anonymous - "Well written," seriously?

\

@L_P_N, Linda's POV was wasted, we know she had the "best sex of her life," didn't need to hear her narrate it.

\

Would have liked reading her finding everything burned.

\

@ReedRichards, at least in the "real life" incident GA describes, the REAL husbands made it clear that they wouldn't stand for it. George had the other men basically accept it (maybe because it wasn't one oh THEIR wives), and ended with a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For your first story, put up against many other sequels you did a remarkable job keeping all characters within their original portayal. Have you considered filing the void left by the loss of FTDS?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Short. Considerably less entertaining than many of the others, but probably the closest to real life, Well written and expect more good stories from the author.4*s

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The way she left hubby may be hard to believe but in reality a very high percentage of women given the opportunity to fuck Simone they idolize or is famous would. Especially in this day and age of social media making it easier to dm and hook up. Athletes especially travel all the time and fuck fans regularly. This also lets out the fantasy of different nationalities. Black athletes who I was told from friends who yes were black love to fuck the married hot white woman especially . Rock stars also famous for fuck whoever they can get there hands on

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

WOW! tight, pointed like a razor sharp knife... Masterful job and a new ending to this rather disgusting original.. 5 stars!

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

I suppose everyone has the right to their own ending; symbolically this is right on the mark, but to have Jim forget his children while he shoots himself is not acceptable. Jim's anguish and despair is aptly portrayed, but Linda's night with Marc was too butterflies and roses. No one can be that shallow, can they?

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

You’re a good story teller. This was a credible, if very dark story line. The mechanics of writing with quotation marks needs a lot of help. I hope to see more offerings from you!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

1. Get an editor.

2. Please don't write another fucking sequel to Feb Suck.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Adding one more thing would have set this story apart from all others. Had he shot her in her treacherous cunt before killing himself, not killing her but leaving her with a bag to piss in for the rest of her life, then she would have had a permanent reminder of her

unforgivable actions. Oh, and remove any inclinations that his parents cared about her, trust me, they wouldn't. They would try every trick in the book to get the kids away from her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another divorced husband getting therapy by writing what he wished he could have done, getting 5’s from the usual suspects doing the same.

Rainman80Rainman80over 2 years ago

I like where you took the story. But I hated that Jim died. Well done!

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

Definitely one of the better and in my opinion more realistic endings. I enjoy stories like this with multiple sequels and followups. I enjoy seeing where others take the story and change things. Anyway great job keep em coming

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years ago

Again with February Sucks? The Groundhog Day of LW stories. The only way GA's story will die is if a meteor falls and wipes out all of humanity. If I could figure out a way to stretch that into 750 words, I'd gladly put us out of our misery. OK - just kidding - nice first effort to Fiddlesticks49. Keep it up.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

It's hard to believe that Reid Richards is actually making a comment which makes sense. But in this case is analysis of what's wrong with the George Anderson original store and why it's impossible to have any reconciliation.... is Absolutely correct

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My only problem is the difficulty of seeing how someone can claim to love someone so much but easily and willingly able to be someone else's slut for the night. Sadly, the ending, though dark, is more true to what the outcome is. Hell, it's seen all the time in the news of murder suicide with a lover being involved. With so much anguish and pain, people lose their mind at that time, and this outcome occures. Is it worth it to not take vows seriously? Don't think so.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

LEGIO....

You know stupid if every single story that you read is always 5 ******* / +++++++ Then either you don't understand how the evaluation system works. Maybe it is because you're stupid or you're trying to do something else.

.

If every story is perfect and special all the time then nothing is perfect and special all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hate how this ends but sadly this is IMO a very likely outcome.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

I totally agree with Legio. You did this saga justice with concise drama, very little repetition and I like your writing style. Hope to see more from you. No "anon" nitpicking here

AileyInnAileyInnover 2 years ago

This is one of the many, even plausible outcomes. The story has obviously illicited attention. Seems now I know the multiple personalities of this couple…

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good. I would like to see her reaction to the symbolic burning of all of the remembrance of her

jaythemanjaythemanover 2 years ago

I like any version where Linda actually understands. Thanks for your effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Suicide is NEVER an answer, even in a fictional story. Why shoot yourself for the errors of another? Stupid.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

I've quit reading the sequels to this pathetic story long ago but since you are a first time writer I wanted to see how you did. Not bad for your first story. Hope you continue posting with some of your own stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Automatically deduct 1 star for "I found a loaded clip and inserted it into the gun". Handguns use magazines, not clips. Details matter.

Overall, well written. Once it got into the story of Jim being distraught and going to end the marriage, then Linda coming home, Jim almost pulling a "T.S Garp" (had there been an in-car blowjob ongoing). Where this story fails is that when Mark grabbed Jim, that shot in the throat is self defense. Mark grabbed him and by castle doctrine, Jim had every right to take the first shot. The additional 3 shots could change everything to murder, which he probably would have been able to beat with a temporary insanity plea since the first shot was fatal and the additional shots would have been nothing but abuse of a corpse, and possibly could have been seen as mercy to end Mark's suffering. A grand jury would have no-billed him had there been only 1 shot, and probably no-billed him on the subsequent. No reason to suicide Jim other than the force Linda into a lifetime of torment and agony.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good storyline and good storytelling, the writing itself not so much. This felt like a the author got an idea, wanted to get it down while it was fresh, and submitted it before he changed his mind/lost his nerve.

Fiddlesticks please take the few minutes to relax and look over your next story with a more critical eye. You have talent and I really hope you keep writing and posting. That said you made grammar and particularly punctuation errors you were taught in elementary school.

Your can do better, and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This idiot enjoyed the original piece of garbage? 1* for writing another crap February story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Competent writing, though an editor might help you improve a bit.

A fist fight (or even a baseball bat) is one thing, especially when the description of it is brief. Personal opinion, but I have zero interest in reading stories with this level of violence. My 1* rating reflects this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally somebody got it right. Hats off to Reed Richards. I thought the original was terrible and no sequences were needed. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ears. So many of those idiot authors that keep trying to make this shit story better don't seem to get it. I hope this trend of finishes, altering and trying to change an original story stops. I gave each February story a one star rating. End of discussion. Why so many fawn over this rubbish story boggles the mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally someone shot the elephant that was in the room! As regrettable as this version of the story ends, it is a realistic portrait of infidelity. Particularly so when shown in the light of Linda's method of cheating. Most people being cheated on would likely never know, especially from a one night stand. Cheaters are typically more cautious and secretive in their actions. But Linda laid it all out on the table for Jim, that is, once she had safely snuck out the backdoor. Jim had only minutes from her leaving to his realization she was gone for the night. Dee's reinforcement of Linda's plans only solidified the absolute worst nightmare a man could have. The mechanism behind this betrayal would be absolutely brutal for anyone who might be so deeply in love as Jim was with Linda. Jim was a dead man walking the instant he snapped to the realization of what Linda had done to him and was planning to do with scumbag Mark. If only the cheaters had arrived 10 minutes later. At least Jim might have lived long enough to find some way to peace and a new life. 5☆- TANSTAAFL

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Love this ending. This is a more probable outcome based on the way the story evolved. I’m surprised that one of our great and prolific writers didn’t get here first. Linda deserved to be the villain and this ending gets there. Another extension of the story would have her moving on with life and

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Many have written that this was the best ending to the Feb Sucks stories. I can't say it was the best but it was the most likely ending. Linda now has children who will always know that their mother abandoned their father for a night of sex that meant nothing to her famous lover. They will know that their father murdered that lover because he felt totally abandoned by the wife he loved most dearly. They will know that he committed suicide because the woman who was his reason for continuing to live would never totally return to him as his loving wife. Her lover would always be there in her memory and heart between them.

Linda had no intention of totally returning to a husband that she “loved”. Even as Linda was returning home to her husband her thoughts were that she had experienced “an incredible night” and that she was “such a lucky girl to have this handsome professional athlete, and fantastic lover give me the experience of my life. I will treasure this night forever.” She also planned to brag about her night with that lover and anticipated future conversations with all her female friends. She wanted to make Dee jealous when she told her what a fantastic night she had with Mark. She was envisioning all my friends being jealous and inquiring what Mark was like in bed. She would remember that special night forever and be able to brag about my night with Mark LaValliere to all my lady friends. Now she will remember that night until the day she dies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nope shoot the dickhead. In the chest once then just devorice the dumb cunt. It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. There is no piece of ass worth your life. Walk away find new friends and a new wife. Never talk to the ex-wife again. The lost of your ex-wife is all on her. Get the kids and the house in the devorice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unusual ending, but I always read a story from a what I would do aspect and if it got to to point that I was going to take my own life, then I would take everyone who caused me to do this with me. So sorry Linda, you were the love of my life, but now you are just a cheating whore and must die also. That would result in a short story as there would be none of the whore's regrets to talk about.

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

Probably the most realistic of all the responses. Good job.

MrSpoojerMrSpoojerover 2 years ago

Interesting take on the story line, I just hate these scenarios where the victim ends up being destroyed and never sees any satisfaction or balancing of the affront.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

I'm glad she is suffering and will continue to suffer her total and utter betrayal. I know what Jim went through as I had a 1911 in my mouth but lacked the guts to pull the trigger. I was able to rationalize that my EX would have gained if I done it and over all it would have made no difference to anyone but me. The good news is we had no kids. The bad news is I was going back to Vietnam, again, but this time hoping for bullet that never happened.

/

What would have compounded Jim's grief is if he went for a divorce, as his life would have gone to shit living in a crap apartment, eating crap Ramon, rarely seeing his kids and never having any extra cash for the kids or him. Lonely and lost.

/

4.8*, Hooyah.... One of the more realistic endings and Marc got capped too, yae!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Was dark but a lot more realistic ending than most. I do hope that Mark was still conscious enough to see the man he cuckolded point the gun at his head and know he was about to suffer the consequences of all his actions. Simply did not understand how Jim's parents would ever say a single word other than "murdering slut" to her ever again. Encouraging her to do anything other than taking her own life is beyond the pale.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Sad ending to the story. However, probably more true than a lot of other versions that have been written. Seems well written. Thanks for writing.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

No happy endings in what I think is a very real life ending for this terrible story. Millions of homes have guns lying around, that are never even fired until something happens that is tragic. Mark the asshole was no loss to the world, and someone else would have taken him out eventually. Jim sentenced Linda to a life in the hell of her own regret and guilt. She lost her husband, her children, and her future for a night of empty , meaningless sex. The innocent, recreational sex destroyed five lives. Three of them were totally innocent. Great first story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous