Better Late Than Never

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On the other legal issue, that I knew didn't have a chance in Hell of succeeding, it was having a very enjoyable side affect, to me. It seems as if my suit started bringing out more than a few other women, all filing child support lawsuits against one Grant Gaines. These totalled five, and that didn't count my ex, who had to wait until her baby was born to check the DNA, to be sure.

I did get several requests from shithead's lawyer to cease and desist from commenting on their client's misdeeds. I paid them absolutely no attention.

One bright Friday afternoon, Carolyn came into my cubicle and quietly said, "Carrie was wondering if you'd come to our house for lunch, tomorrow?"

I could tell, she was way more nervous just asking, than she should have been.

"Sure. What time, and what can I bring?"

"Just yourself, and noon will work."

Smiling, I told her I'd be there with a smile.

A Friday evening, I thought if I was doing the right thing. I knew I was tired of sitting home, alone, but was very leery about being burned, again.

Getting to Carolyn's apartment, she ushered me to the huge backyard all the units shared. There, we sat on the grass, sharing the sandwiches that Carrie announced she helped her mommy make.

After lunch, with Carrie playing with some friends, Carolyn and I just sat, close together, just talking. Carrie's father had never stuck around once learned of the pregnancy, and if it weren't for Carolyn's parents, she never would have succeeded as well as she had.

After another half hour, mom knew it was nap time, so I helped her get everything back to her apartment.

Before getting into her bed for a nap, Carrie gave me a little hug and thanked me for making both of them happy.

"Can we sit and talk a little more, Declan?"

"OK, I don't have anywhere else to be, right now."

Sitting next to each other, she put her head on my shoulder, and closed her eyes.

Damn, this felt nice. I just leaned over and lightly kissed the top of her head.

"I hope this doesn't scare you away, but Carrie asked if we might do this again."

"No, it doesn't scare me, and yes I think I'd like that."

Looking up into my eyes, I leaned over and lightly kissed her lips. Then I did it, again.

"Is this too soon?" I asked.

"Probably, but its been so long, I'm up for almost anything."

Taking her face in both my hands, I leaned in and gave her another very soft, sensuous kiss. Just as one hand lowered onto her bra covered breast, we heard a soft, "mommy" coming from Carrie's bedroom.

"Oh, shit, Declan I'm so sorry."

"Don't ever apologize for being a mommy, and I'm sure there will be more opportunities, soon. Where is her favorite restaurant?"

"Don't laugh, but it's Chucky Cheese."

"Nothing funny about Chucky Cheese, so I'll pick you both up by 5, this afternoon."

"It's a date."

One more very nice kiss, and I was out the door.

Back at 5, putting her car seat in the back of my car, off we went to enjoy the gimmicky pizza place, I hadn't been to in years.

Walking in and seeing the look in Carrie's eyes was worth the wait. We all enjoyed our dinner, and watching her daughter playing with other kids.

Driving back to Carolyn's apartment, with Carrie sound asleep, we were both very quiet, wondering what might happen.

I had Carrie on my shoulder, going inside, waiting, as Carolyn asked me to, while her little sleepy head was bundled off to bed.

Finally, sitting next to me on her sofa, she just laid her head on my shoulder, telling me how much fun they both had.

"Declan, would I be out of line asking you to stay the night? Before you answer, you should know, that I haven't had anything like this in more than three years."

"Are you positive, this is what you want?"

Instead of answering, she just nodded, taking my face in her hands and kissing me very softly. I returned her kiss, adding just a bit of tongue. As we moved off the sofa, we started taking our clothes off.

When we were down to our undies, I moved my hands behind her, causing her to pause and for me to tell her everything is just fine, and for her not to worry.

Getting to her bed, taking the rest of our clothing off, we just held each other, our bodies pressed against each other.

As our kissing got a bit hotter, with me paying special attention to her very sensitive nipples, she quietly asked if I had a condom.

Getting one out of my pants, and remembering how to place it, correctly, I eased between her thighs. Easing my manhood in between her swollen lips, she had her legs wrapped around me, thrusting upwards to meet my engorged sex.

While giving her nipples the attention they deserved, we tried staying quiet, but just couldn't hide our joint excitement. Ending way too soon, we both exploded, and rolled away from each other, trying to catch our breath.

After some well needed cleanup, we just cuddled, silently, holding each other, closely.

I took Carolyn in my arms kissing both eyes. Her nose. Down to each nipple, hearing her breathing increase. Moving down between her thighs, I quickly realized she wasn't well versed in the oral arts.

I fully intended to change that. My face was right at her full bush, and when my tongue touched her pussy lips, her entire body shook. When my tongue coaxed her clit out of hiding, I was rewarded with her sweet nectar. It was all I could do to hold her by both hips, while her body kept shaking.

After ten minutes, or so, she finally asked me to stop, as she needed a break.

Laying in each others arms, she looked me in my eyes and I knew she wanted to say something, but didn't know how to start.

"Tell me what you're thinking. I'm not a mind reader."

"Declan, I'm not sure if I can do to you what you just did to me."

"My dear, I'm never going to force you to do anything you're not comfortable doing."

Smiling, it took us both less than five minutes to be sound asleep.

The next thing I heard were little feet running around the living room, and an early morning cartoon on the TV.

"I guess if we keep this up, you're going to have get used to Carrie getting up around this time."

"Good morning, to you, my dear," I said with a soft kiss.

Getting out of bed, just as our door was being knocked on and the sound of a little voice asking if mommy was awake.

The first thing Carrie did is ask, innocently, if I enjoyed my sleepover. When I told her I did, she whispered to her mom if I knew her third birthday was the following Saturday.

"Yes, dear, he knows, and wants to help you celebrate, OK?"

All during breakfast, there was a constant chatter, that I knew I'd better get used to, if this thing we had was going anywhere.

All during the week, I was kept busy, helping with my thoughts about moving on with Carolyn. There was a decided difference between what we had going, and what I had with Linda.

Maybe, it was having an adorable little girl involved, I'm not sure. Was it the fact that Carolyn and I talked about our relationship history? Again, not sure.

On Friday morning, Carolyn came into my cubicle and whispered in my ear, "Carrie is spending the night at my parents!" She gave me a peck on the cheek, and went back to her area.

I sat back, and wondered just what this might turn into. I'd find out soon enough.

We left work, together, heading for a quiet dinner. Once there, we talked about anything except spending the night together, alone.

After dinner, we headed to her place, because she felt more comfy there. Getting inside, she just sort of froze.

"Are you OK?" I asked.

"Yes, but its so quiet."

Taking her in my arms, just holding on to her, with her head on my shoulders, we started moving to her bedroom.

Standing next to her bed, locked in a deep, sensual kiss, with both my hands gripping her behind, we started undressing each other. Blouse, shirt, bra, pants, panties, briefs.

Falling on the bed, still locked together, I started paying attention to her already excited nipples. I absolutely loved how large they got, under my licking and sucking. Without saying a word, we moved our bodies around, with her taking my solid seven inches in her hand, kissing the head, and very slowly putting my sex in her mouth. All this with my tongue sliding in and out of her honey pot. I then added on finger, feeling her body start shaking.

I then added a second finger, which brought out some serious moaning. I felt over half my manhood being attended to, in her very warm mouth.

I knew I was getting close, and wondered what my love would do. Just as I was starting, she had a handful of tissue, where my offering landed. Rolling over, continuing our coupling, with our kisses, and me paying even more attention to her very sensitive nipples, I was reaching for a condom, and moving her onto all fours.

Gently easing my way into her still throbbing cunt, I stared with both my hands gripping her hips. A few more minutes, I took one finger, wetted it in my mouth, and gently touched her cute little behind.

If I thought the rest of her body was sensitive, the feral growl from her, with my finger in her ass, almost scared me. With both her holes being penetrated, the noises made us very happy we were alone.

Finally exploding in her deepest parts, we rolled onto our backs, trying to catch our breath.

Just looking at each other, I let her talk, first.

"My God, Declan, why didn't you tell me about that other thing you did?"

"I didn't want to come right out and ask to fuck your ass. And where might I ask did you learn about oral?"

"Believe it, or not, I had a very lengthy discussion with my mother. She definitely did not tell me about anal, though."

I just took her in my arms, holding her tightly, and asked if we should move in together.

Her reply was something along the lines of, does that come with the possibility of a ring?

"Don't you think we should meet each others parents?"

"That could be very interesting, don't you think?"

We planned to meet each others parents, one couple at a time.

We made the decision to visit mine, first. Sean and Erin McGrew, agreed to have dinner with us the following Sunday. We thought bringing Carrie with us, might be our ace in the hole.

Getting to the house I grew up in, located in Maple Valley, introductions were made, my mom fussed over Carrie, who loved the attention.

"Declan, you know your grandfather wouldn't approve, but I'd like to think your mother and I have a different view on this sort of union. I'm going to ask only one question. Do you two truly love each other?"

Answering together, we both said we do love each.

My mother, with Carrie on her knee, asked if we were thinking of expanding our family.

"Jeez mom, we haven't even set a date. yet!"

Just then Carrie jumped into her mommy's lap and asked if she could call Mrs. McGrew grammy. This because she called Carolyn's mother grandma.

Dinner went off so much better than we ever could have hoped.

The following Saturday, we had our dinner with Graham and Ann Downs. After her parents played with their granddaughter, they finally acknowledged my presence.

"Tell us, Declan, do you love our daughter and granddaughter?"

"Yes, I truly do. And you should know that's nearly word for word what my parents asked me."

"We both know that even with times changing, there are some of both our countrymen who won't like this union."

"We're well aware of that, and I'm positive my grandpa is spinning in his grave."

We enjoyed this dinner as much as with my parents. Now, all we had to do is plan a wedding.

We knew it would be a small affair, maybe with forty or so guests. Carolyn did tell me that condoms were no longer needed, as she was on the pill, but wanted to be very certain that this was a one hundred per cent match.

"You do know, I hope, that Carrie could use a younger brother, or sister."

I just smiled, and told her I'd do my best.

We were married just six weeks later, and both sets of parents got along fairly well. Actually, better than fairly well. Carrie was the hit of both families, with everyone just falling for her.

It wasn't more than three months later when Carolyn thought she just might be pregnant. After a visit to her doctor, we were now going to parents of a little girl, in just about seven months.

All we had to do is pick out a name, and wait. Oh, yes, and find a bigger house to live in. That was the easy part. We found a nice, older home, not too far from where we were living, and were all moved in with time to spare.

We fixed up a nice nursery, that even Carrie approved of. Naturally, her new room was similar so there wouldn't be any disagreement.

With our sex life grinding to a near halt, we were so absorbed with the pending arrival, we really didn't mind.

Finally, just as I was getting home from work, one Friday, I barely had time to bundle my family up, and rush to the hospital. My in laws met us there, to watch over Carrie, and off we went.

Just under two hours later, Susan McGrew joined our happy family. A spitting image of her mother, with ten little fingers and ten little toes, and just enough light brown hair to notice.

Wow! I was a daddy. I just couldn't stop grinning. Once settled for a one night stay, my in laws brought our big girl in to meet her little sister. Even Carrie couldn't stop smiling. She would lean over and whisper, "hello, Susan, I'm your big sister."

Getting our family home, we had the entire weekend, plus a few extra days I'd arranged to take off, to get ourselves organized.

Just about the six week mark, as I climbed into bed, I felt my wife cuddle right up behind me, a felt she must have forgot to put on her nightshirt. I felt her soft breasts on my back, and her hand softly touching my cock.

As I got harder, she whispered, you best go slow, and if I say stop, you'd best listen. Get it, bub?

I just turned over taking her face in both hands and very tenderly kissing her cheeks. And eyes. And down to her already rock hard nipples.

We made love as sensuously as we ever had done. Yes, I remembered my condom, as we weren't quite ready for another little one, just yet.

A few weeks later, as I walked through the door, my girls were all waiting for me. Well, Susan was sound asleep in her playpen, Carrie asleep on our love seat, and my wife dozing in her armchair.

Giving her a kiss, and asking how her day went, she patted the chair and sat on my lap.

"Let me tell you of my little adventure, this afternoon, at our favorite park."

She began telling me that walking about two blocks to our little neighborhood park, she's sitting on a park bench, watching Carrie play with the little boy, while she was feeding Susan.

After a few minutes the little boy's mother comes over from where she was sitting, watching, and says hello, and starts walking away. You know how friendly our daughter is, so she tells this lady her name is Carrie McGrew. She then announces her parents are Declan and Carolyn McGrew.

From the look on this lady's face, you'd have thought she'd seen a ghost. Declan, when she told me her name was Linda Burr, I couldn't keep a straight face.

Neither of us could think of a word to say, so we just sat there, staring at the ground.

"Its very nice to meet you, Carolyn," she whispered.

Just then, Susan decided she wanted some more attention, which lightened the mood.

"Declan, she looked in her forties, and not in a good way. She did finally ask how you were doing, and I told her, very well. We talked for a little while longer, then she said her goodbyes and left."

"Did she say anything about her little boy, or his father?"

"Nope, just that she did get some form of child support."

With that, she turned and slowly walked away, her little boy in tow.

Very interesting, I thought.

With Susan growing like a weed, my wife whispered in my ear, laying in bed, that she wouldn't mind adding to our family. She did say this with a little smirk.

Wow, no more condoms. I had this same thought for a little while, but waited to see if Carolyn would make the first move.

It took us less than eight weeks for my wife to hint that she just might be pregnant. We decided to wait for the weekend, before jumping to any conclusions.

Sure enough, at her doctor's office, the following Wednesday, we found out we were having another girl. I was so excited, I could hardly contain myself.

At home, that night, after another great lovemaking session, Carolyn quietly asked if I was disappointed that daughter number three was on the way.

"As long as she is ours and healthy, I truly don't care if we have five or six more daughters." Realizing how that must have sounded, I quickly amended my statement, saying, "I don't need a son to feel complete."

On the topic of my lawsuit against Grant Gaines, it wasn't gaining any traction, in the court system, just as my lawyer predicted, but, on Friday afternoon, she called and asked me to be in her office, first thing Monday morning.

Carolyn and I talked over the weekend what this meeting might entail.

"Do you think they want to settle?"

"I'm not sure, but I've heard his father's business is off nearly thirty percent."

"I guess you'll find out on Monday."

All weekend we made sure our two girls were the focus of all our attention. We never mentioned the upcoming meeting the rest of the weekend. We also never mentioned Carolyn's running with my ex, in the park.

Right at 8 o'clock, Monday morning, my lawyer and I were in the offices of the Gaines Company legal team.

"First and foremost, Mr. Carter, we want you to stop your comments about Mr. Gaines' son."

My lawyer just looked at them and asked, "why would he."

Sliding a folder over to us, we opened it, to find a check for one million dollars. That, and a form for me to sign saying I would make a statement to the media absolving Grant of any wrong doing.

I placed my hand on my lawyer's wrist and quietly said, "you can put that check around your bathroom roll, because Grant is still an asshole, and I never intended to make money with this. I wanted to make a point."

"I want you to know that my son is no longer involved in any of my businesses, plus his wife has started divorce proceedings."

"So, anything I might say to the media would, what, ease the family's pain?"

"Forget it, Carter, I guess it was wrong of me to think you were a gentleman in this debacle."

"Think what you want, Mr. Gaines, you raised that man, and you had to know for quite a while what a total piece of shit he was. All I did it point out to the obvious"

As we got up to leave, we all looked at each other, when Mr. Gaines took the folder, handed me the check, but ripped up the request for my statement.

"I hope this puts and end to this unpleasant situation."

With that, Mr. Gaines walked out a side door, leaving Mandy and me stunned.

"Mandy, what do I do now, cash the check?"

"By all means, Declan."

"I'll make sure you are well paid," giving her a hug, still not believing what just transpired.

Getting home, with all my girls napping, I just sat in our living room staring at this windfall.

When I heard my wife responding to Carrie letting everyone know she wanted out of her crib, I went in to help.

I must have had quite a grin, because as Carrie was being changed, I quietly told Carolyn what transpired.

"Are you kidding me?" she nearly yelled.

Instead of an answer, I showed her the check.

I picked her up in my arms, along with our daughter, and just kept looking at all those zeros.

Just then, my phone beeped with an incoming text. All it said was, '1/3 will do just fine' signed Mandy.

"Just think what we can do with around 650K," I said.

"Just maybe, we can buy our own home?"

"To be sure. I truly can't wait."

Taking the rest of the week to get our financial things in order, we decided to start looking for our own home. We knew we wanted to stay near where we lived, now, and we wanted to be moved in before Annie was born. Yes, we already picked the name.