All Comments on 'Zen and Revenge Might Not Mix'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

She and Rusty are lucky they got off so easy. Interesting how cruel jokes are ok when done to others.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Good story. Although you don't say it, I would assume Angie and Rusty got divorced since he abused her - you stated she got a restraining order. A revenge joke and post-nuptial or divorce? Interesting choice. I think Agena wrote a story called the joke about a similar situation and numerous people wrote what happened afterward. There is another joke story where the wife believes photo shopped pictures of the husband cheating and she castrates him (she's a veterinarian). The common issue here is that there are certain lines you do NOT cross with a joke, unless you are willing to risk severe injury (including being maimed, crippled), death, financial ruin, divorce, public humiliation, etc... Some people believe jokes of any kind are funny, and others will react quite differently if they believe their world has been destroyed. They could do ANYTHING - they could kill the jokers and/or kill themselves and anything in between. In my opinion, somebody that plays this type of joke on their spouse doesn't have their spouse's best interests in mind and can never be trusted - time to divorce them, and in this case get new friends. BTW - Faye really was gullible - if paramedics had been called they would have noticed the rope marks, and police would have been involved, and it would have been manslaughter charges. In my opinion, Jordan should have divorced Faye - he'll never be able to trust her fully, and she may plan revenge - that's not touching on her being screwed up due to their revenge.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 3 years ago
Absolutefuly Wonderful!

Must remember this next time someone really set me up!

Haven't favorited a story in a while, but I did this one. Excellent humor!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Good story! This cast is a pretty sorry group. I don't have much sympathy for any of them.

5

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Good one

I don’t care much for cheating jokes, they never go over well in LW stories. The last laugh is usually best laugh. I’ve used medical leeches for reattached fingers in our hyperbaric and wound medicine practice. They’re nasty little buggers, but they really do help reestablish blood flow in reattachment surgery.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

Practical jokers are usually real assholes, so she deserved to be traumatised by their revenge prank.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago
NOT FOR EVERYONE

However, I agree with the comment from ' Boyd Percy' It was not exactly what I expected in the end but it was a nice change from a BTB or the cuck and bull scenario.5* Thank You

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

Yeah uh making someone believe their dead is way way worse than pretending to cheat.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago
That worked well

I could have seen this going several ways, death due to a heart attack induced by stress, a mental collapse.

5* read, of course.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 3 years ago

One of the best April Fools stories that I have seen in a long time.

Thanks for sharing.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
At the end of the day

It took a tremendous amount of disrespect to play that "Prank" to begin with.

So she not only had to LOSE a lot of her own self respect, but gain a ton for her husband. And that's what happened to her. She might hem and haw at what was done to her. But that time she believed she was dead made her really appreciate her life with him, respect him. His willingness to hurt her back, knock her down a few pegs, and make her sign a post-nuptual was also raw display of his own self respect. It flies in the face of her disrespect.

And to know how easily replaceable she is to him. That helps her lose some self respect. Because she still truly believed, "You're over-reacting. It's just a prank, bro."

She might never say it out loud. Her mind has changed on that. She was NOT laughing when something similar was done to her.

While it seems extreme, I think most of us would divorce those two idiots if nothing changed. Rusty couldn't handle it, so he deserved to be divorced. Faye was willing enough to eat crow, she gets a second chance. If she didn't get that hard push though, I would say most of us would have divorced her. You don't hurt people you love like she did. That kick in the gut is exactly what she needed.

MwestohioMwestohioabout 3 years ago

Your 100th story here and a different twist on getting even

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
wow

way over the top stretch of reality but in a sick way fun. In many of these type of stories someone calls the cops. This time, no cops.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 3 years ago
Excellent

Very creative, well-written, and well-edited. Considering the long-term effects on Faye and Rusty, though, it's clear that two pranks do not make a right.

looking4itlooking4itabout 3 years ago

I don’t know what some of you are getting in such a huff about. It’s just a story, fiction, and I appreciated the ingenuity it showed for revenge. I like the word Kk87 chose...diabolical. Pretty good plot and script that they came up with. My guess is that even if they read the script there had to have been some practice ahead of time because any mistakes or hesitation in the dialogue would have ruined the moment. What bothers me the most is that the commenters complaining the most are in no way concerned with the original joke (the impetus for the revenge) and the damage done with it.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

That was classic. Funny how their sense of humor only works one way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"since Rusty and I had only fooled around and hadn't had sex" - "Fooling around" is still cheating.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyabout 3 years ago

Very creative, I really love it when a story is far different from the usual crowd. This one certainly did it for me, what wonderful, nonviolent revenge!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
A bit more than believable.

I enjoyed it, but I doubt they could pull it off unless the drug they used left her faculties diminished for a few hours. Still, it was fun to consider. I suspect that a little less gloating on his part after it was over would benefit the marriage. It was certainly an interesting form a revenge.

green117green117about 3 years ago
Well now...

Piper Hamlin... that New Years thing...

Lets see... the tendency to repeat oneself, nearly at the same point (re: leaches)... the rare homonym issue...

A truly wicked sense of humor...

A get in, rip into the reader, get out approach to the short.

This should be considered a compliment.

What else? The "Joke" thing (praise be to Agena, though weird that I can't find it in the alphabetical list).... ever notice that such a joke would be a really large leg up on an actual seduction - broaching sex while still keeping plausible deniability? Further, the evolution of this plot line, with second chance woman and penitent wife, is well within the LW trope group?

What fun.

WIcked senses of humor get five stars from me.

Green-something

(though feeding my paranoid fantasy about there only being three really good writers on LW, with a whole lot of pseudonyms, is a down side...)

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

The MASTER of the sublime!!!!! Only gettin' bettah!

5ive 5tars!!!!

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Fun, unbelievable, but fun.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Well that was different and interesting. Good story.

I've never been a fan of practical jokes especially any involving cheating. Just way too many things to go seriously wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
He would be dead

The cheating "joke" was stupid and cruel. The "dead" joke was over the top and would demand a divorce and/or death. Went way too far.

guyk1963guyk1963about 3 years ago

Very original...an ideally creative tale, indeed!

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenabout 3 years ago
You did it yet again!

Your unique creativity and utterly wicked sense of humor and justice prevail. PLEASE keep them coming M&M!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yeah I know suspend belief...

I mean I am bi polar and do have violent impulse control issues but I'd almost bet in a lot more situations than if it just happened to myself that there'd be a couple dead spouses laying in their tears of laughter over drugging and gagging me while playing with my psyche. I'd be more like Russell Crowe in "Unhinged" rather than sign some bullshit postnupt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Clever, more clever than average. Congratulations.

I'm not sure what kind of adult enjoys humiliating and discouraging a friend, especially a spouse. How is that fun, or witty, or acceptable? It reads like each spouse got what they married, so they all deserved it. Reconciling or divorcing is kind of academic; who cares? Their marriages suck (sucked) anyway, so flip a coin.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it!

Innovative, creative and hilarious. Well done !

dthakerdthakerabout 3 years ago

yepp....i loved it. hilarious.

wondeful writing as always.

5stars all along.

thanks for sharing

BigJim48BigJim48about 3 years ago
Zen & Revenge?

Was there a character/word count for the April's Fool 2021 contest? If not, why not include the 1st practical joke in more depth? It would have given the readers a deeper appreciation for the 2nd. BTW, the 2nd was a real humdinger! Gave it a *4 but with the explanation of the 1st joke, it might have been a full *5!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
O.M.G. Best BTB EVER!!!

Holy crap! Not like the practical joke one about the guy tied up in the basement (can’t remember the author or name, sorry), where someone wrote an end where he tortures the bad guy. This psychological torture was brilliant. Kinda like those TV episodes of Mission: Impossible.

5-stars & Favorite

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
SHE ADMITTED TO "FOOLING AROUND " WITH RUSTY............................

Divorce the bitch and move on to someone who respects you.

fritz51fritz51about 3 years ago
@ anon 3-9-21

You need to re-read it... You missed something.

One commenter's reference to "Mission Impossible" was spot on.

I really liked the concept. 5*s

William_LinesWilliam_Linesabout 3 years ago
Good Job

I really enjoyed this story because it was so off the wall.

If I had your imagination, I would be a great writer.

I gave it 5*.

Billy Lines

Richie4110Richie4110about 3 years ago

Enjoyable story. Thanks

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Hysterical, but she deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

Great payback. Read it 3 times

BigDee44BigDee44almost 3 years ago

WHO cares about leaches? The blindfold and gagg, plus laying on my back would have probably generated enough panic regarding fear of drowning in draining muccous to triggar a heart attack. And they left the room!

jimjam69jimjam69almost 3 years ago

Maybe a bit extreme but certainly effective.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. That was a really funny story. A lot of people, even doctors, aren’t familiar with the modern medical applications of leeches. They are effective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How funny can you get? Laughed so hard , thought my pant would never dry. LP

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Great story so a high score but it was a bullshit ending. What he did was every bit as bad or worse than her joke. Yet this gives him some superiority for it. She should have kicked his ass to the curb.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Truth is I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper bag but YOU, you have written a story about 4 characters that are mental duds and I think (?) they all need to spend time with a head doctor.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Personaly

Personally,after his treatment of her,I think Faye should divorce him.She as a stone cold case of mental cruelty.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Most unique and creative revenge sorry I've read here. However, I don't think a marriage in which it would even occur to either partner to treat and prank the other like this can survive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jordan is definitely fucking Angie.

Faye should divorce him if she has a littke self respect.

What Faye was not right but her husband played a worse number

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

C’MON, PEOPLE!

You ought to realize that FAYE AND RUSTY WERE ACTUALLY FUCKING EACH OTHER.

SERVES BOTH RIGHT TO STEW OVER THEIR GUILT DURING PUNISHMENT.

DUMBSHIT FAYE WILL RELAPSE IN AN EFFORT TO GET EVEN; DIVORCE WITHIN 2 YRS.

HAD I BEEN JORDAN? RUSTY’S TRAVAIL WOULD HAVE INCLUDED THE RUBBERIZED SCROTUM ATTACHMENT. 3.5 POINTS.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

etchiboy, the story was "A Joke" by Agena.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I realize she was in a state, but she never wondered why the Police never questioned Jordan's role in her "death?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would have divorced Jordan after being released. I wouldn't have said a word, just started packing my stuff...

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Jokes about cheating are NOT FUNNY!!! Paybacks are hell...

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

No such thing as a practical joke to the person being joked. Seems to me if the if the first practical joke didn't end the marriage I'm sure the retaliation joke would have.

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

Cumulative IQ of this bunch is .......

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Infidelity is NOT a joke!

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

the girl... is she a sadomasochist? i mean, who would live with a person like the main character?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not the type of person you want to be married to. Either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it.

As for the commentor who wrote "I would have divorced Jordan after being released. I wouldn't have said a word, just started packing my stuff..."

That is an outstanding idea. Because a worthless piece of shit who'd play a joke about cheating, and then couldn't take the payback, is a fucking coward. So by all means, get the fuck out.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

A big LOL, excellent

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

The last person who pulled a practical joke on me lost three teeth Before I found out it was a joke he then got a kick in the balls. Bastard hid my motorbike so that I would be home late then phone my wife and said I was taking out another woman. 5*****

Practical jokes ore dangerous.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

Why are these sadistic activities referred to as "practical" jokes? What is "practical" about them? It's as if calling it a practical joke means that everyone must laugh and any negative reaction is poor sportsmanship.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

I hate practical jokes with a passion. I would not have stayed with Jordan since I would never have been able to trust him again. Good story though.

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

There's no such thing as a practical joke........................

mndhanson017mndhanson0178 months ago

Well, to counter Calico, do you think Jordan would have been able to trust Faye, she started this by joking that she was cheating. You already messed up his trust in you by doing something like that. This wasn't one sided, so you can shut up about Faye being the victim

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

Major overkill but not an appropriate subject for a prank. If it were me it would be divorce or worse he wouldn't be able to eat or sleep around me, just in case I escalated the prank

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter7 months ago

By broad definition a “Practical joke” is designed to make one person look foolish to amuse others. Here, with four people all in the wrong head-space the “Jokes” quickly devolve to vicious attacks on marriage partners. I did not find anything redeemable in the actions of any of these characters. They were all ugly, self-centered, and cruel! All four deserved each other in the final analysis, all show that either getting a laugh or getting back is worth causing pain and suffering to a spouse or friend.

JRandyJJRandyJ6 months ago

A person I knew pulled a couple of pranks on me. He wasn't a friend, just a cocky asshole. I saw the Bastard out with a woman, not his wife. Got interesting Pictures. At the next party I gave them to his wife. She beat the fuck out of him then took him to the cleaners.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

practical jokes are one thing, but cheating is another. Let's assume you make cheating a practical joke, you pretend to cheat and 'get caught'. Let's assume for a second you aren't brutally murdered by a spurned lover who lost his/her mind in rage/emotional turmoil. Your spouse is -never- going to trust you again. It's effectively the end of your marriage. So unless you're already planning on a divorce, don't do it.

NicealloverNiceallover3 months ago

I thought both practical jokes were cruel. I found the feigning death one a bit over the top and unrealistic. Drugged, bound against her will and tortured Faye was subjected to a brutal assault and it was not an equivalent transgression. The. Couple should have divorced.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Never has anything ever been so misnamed as the "practical joke" it's quite often nothing more than an excuse to embarrass and/or be cruel to someone. This story illustrates it perfectly and using infidelity as the subject makes it even more infantile and cruel. No one came out of this smelling of roses. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If fidelity is joke-worthy to you then you shouldn't be in a relationship, let alone a marriage. I can't fathom what would go through someone's head, especially if they're supposedly intelligent and rational, if they thought that a joke like that was OK. The revenge here, while arguably warranted to some extent, is cruel and could have so easily backfired (well I suppose it did in Rusty's case). He should have just served her with divorce papers instead of going through all that shit. He could always change his mind and retract them if she proves herself during the finalization period though as has been pointed out the trust would never be the same again after something like that.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wa Wa Wa. This was so fun to read. I have read several stories on this site that focus around the actions of two rotten pricks that pull a joke. This was a great revenge scenario and it played out superior.

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Totally different, had a good laugh reading this, nicely paced.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I agree with nice allover. That revenge would have ended the marriage, she couldn't feel safe around him after that.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

This story may be factual or it may be fiction -- but reading the words of its previous commenters vividly illustrates the FACT that the judgments of people can and often do vary WILDLY, even though they are provided with identical details.

But, here is a (comforting?) thought -- civil and criminal juries are entirely populated (subject to a limited amount of "culling" for evident bias) with people pulled from similar pools of individuals. So, you can look forward to your next trial as the defendant.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 days ago

This one had me laughing by the end of it. The story is pretty much one hell of an April Fools day story that I would hate to have been on the receiving end of. Four stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...

SIMILAR Stories