All Comments on 'YYZ'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne3 months ago

Fun story. Strange ending.

Bebop3Bebop33 months ago

Another excellent story. I don't know how you keep publishing so often. I guess that's why I call you the working man. And they're quality stories, not some fly-by-night flimflam. You clearly have both hemispheres of your brain working. I'm thinking that this story is worth at least $21.12. Which, obviously, is the big money.

You're clearly another Mark Twain, who famously wrote Eye of the Tiger (for the Godfather soundtrack).

Have a swollen day.

Bebop44

JusteenKJusteenK3 months ago

I Rushed to read this as soon as I saw the title.

tazmuntazmun3 months ago

I enjoyed it. There were a lot of good laughs in it as well as some sad so I guess a good balance. I appreciate the drama of the kidnapping, but I think I more appreciated that it wasn’t a long drawn out affair, and was quickly solved positively for Patrick. i’m lousy at literature, so I’m sure there was a good reason and the answer was left somewhere but I’m still lost as to what the ending with the red envelope for the birthday was trying to say?

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson3 months ago

The downfall of Simone didn't help the story IMO. Otherwise a good tale.

des911des9113 months ago

I'm tired, and a tired mind becomes a shape shifter. Everybody needs a mood lifter - this story did it for me. Nicely done little tale. The two Staceys' little girl dialogue is much too real - you must have experienced it. Agree that Simone's troubles didn't add much to the story but, hey, it's your story. Thank you and giving you a permanent wave.

BigK10BigK103 months ago

Your characters are well fleshed out, and your stories are paced perfectly, like a lazy warm day in a southern small town. It makes me a bit homesick sometimes. I looked forward to a Great story here, and I wasn’t disappointed. Keep up the good work, By-Tor!!

johntcookseyjohntcooksey3 months ago

A simultaneously heartwarming and heartbreaking interweaving of comedy and tragedy. One more sparkling tile fitted into the grand mosaic that is the JimBob44 world. Thank you.

ncpetencpete3 months ago

I enjoyed the tale and end up enjoying most of yours. Thanks for sharing your imagination and hard work. Look forward to the next.

kelchakelcha3 months ago

5* And thanks.

We have the same taste in petite women. My ex was 5' tall and in good shape. Still is after four kids. Just too bad that her teen crush got a divorce and was available in our middle age. Well, could also be that 5.5" is not 8". And yes, she did torture me with that info.

SkubabillSkubabill3 months ago

YYZ is also the call letters for the Toronto-Pearson airport so before reading the preable I thought you might be writing a story about Canada. Four stars.

hindsight2020hindsight20203 months ago

Bits and pieces of unrelated stories forced together into a mostly incoherent mess.

LVGirlLVGirl3 months ago

Any time there’s a new JimBob44 story posted I know I’m in for a treat. This one is no exception, full of interesting characters, surprising turns (including a family law court that actually has fair rulings) and a happy outcome.

tangledweedtangledweed3 months ago

It is probably wise not to point out mistakes in a JimBob44 story, because more likely than not, they were put there intentionally for his own mysterious reasons. Probably just to poke fun at all the narssistic perfectionists out there.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar3 months ago

Looking forward to the next one.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

I didn't get the envelope bit at the end, at least why it would make his blood run cold. Otherwise one of your better posts of late. Only thing missing was there were no Cajun characters this time - LOL! 4.1*

amadthonamadthon3 months ago

Great story, very entertaining, interesting characters. I'd like to see a follow-up/sequel....how did she deliver the birthday card?

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

And why isnt our hero getting lot of action with at least one of these gals?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

I think that the newborn child should be named Stacy also!

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Don't forget that Kylie was a soap opera actress before her singing career.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lousy story weird ending and a lot missing in the middle (jaybee186)

deependerdeepender3 months ago

Wow. Another good one. Perfect ending. Thank you.

Harryin VAHarryin VA3 months ago

Very complicated for a simple story and very hard to follow

Gmann006Gmann0063 months ago

as always entertaining thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lost interest early in the story. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not your best as it went off in too many tangents without clarification

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What's with all the fake statements in your attributions just prior to the story. It reads like something an AI editor would put together.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Process information at half speed

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I figured I'd just roll the bones on this story...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

JimBob, was going to call you out on that opening paragraph but you cleared it up. I was sitting there wondering "What the Hell". Funny thing is if you Google "Finnish Death Metal singer Kylie Minogue", a YouTube video comes up. That one had me scratching my head. Way to screw with everyone's head first thing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Don't see why Simone is in the story. Just seems a bit random.

AngelRiderAngelRider3 months ago

Unless you are making travel plans to Toronto, The ONLY and I mean ONLY reference to YYZ that I will allow is the greatest power trio on this God forsaken planet. Unless you are praising the greatness of the professor, may he forever rest in peace, the melodious solos of Lifeson, or the sickest bass you ever heard in your life, I will lose all respect for you.

Now, I only got a paragraph into your story, read the nonsense and had to unleash my fury. If Rush isn't mentioned in this story, you better find DeGarde in the real world because I'm coming and we are gonna have words.

🙃🤪

AngelRiderAngelRider3 months ago

Okay, good boy. You are forgiven. Smooch.

Zaccheaus93Zaccheaus933 months ago

The downfall of Simone was upsetting. But I was really hoping she'd run into Twyla in prison and beat her ass or something for trying to take little 'stace face'

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Always an enjoyable romp. And you didn't fool any of us Rush fans.... no unstable conditions here.

OraldfornOraldforn3 months ago

Great story. This is about real people living real lives.

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripants3 months ago

I like the concept of your stories and your ability to weave them, but I have a very hard time with your dialogue. I get that it's how people talk in real life, but it takes me out of the story trying to decipher what people are saying sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like your stories. Definitely a place I've never been.

YYZ is a Rush song too. They're Canadian, which I guess explains it.

ArmorlaArmorla3 months ago

Keeps an English winter blues at bay, very enjoyable.

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

1 star - I could not get past the first page - what a boring, nasty story. There were no likeable characters.

DessertmanDessertman3 months ago

The plot was good, but the writing was very poor.

vanyevanye3 months ago

Not quite sure what the thread about Simone was? Once she had the accident, and was no longer dating our hero, nothing involving her at any impact on the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No Rush story here.

Davester37Davester373 months ago

I’m a big fan of your work. I like that your characters aren’t all ex-SEAL, computer hacker, martial arts experts with 12” equipment, or 42-24-38 redheads with green eyes. Yes, sometimes they’re depressing, but sometimes that’s the way life is. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The shear arrogance of this "open ending" went a bit too far for my tastes. Also I find the long lists of references to other stories this author puts at the end of each of his stories rather annoying, and quite a bit arrogant, too. So, in spite of the fun I had reading this one, I'll vote it down to 2 stars = dislike, for the attitude. There you have it. I'm sure the author feels now totally destroyed. ;)

ibuguseribuguser3 months ago

An excellent story written about ordinary people.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

6King6King3 months ago

Too many wubble-u's with the speech impediment for me. Not that it isn't reality in some cases, but it was annoying to read thru. I hope that doesn't make me a linguist racist. I applaud all who stand uo to and fight their own challenges in life.

Diver1010Diver10103 months ago

Started confused and wandered aimlessly before ending in a mess.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved every word. Great story. Five stars. Thanks for sharing your stories with us.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica3 months ago

I really like that the characters in your stories live, speak, wear their imperfections like (almost) real people. Well, OK, they're a little over-the-top, but I like that too, lol...

SKHPSKHP3 months ago

One of your best. It was heartfelt and enjoyable. You refrained from introducing too many characters this time, which helped the readers.

Clearly ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very enjoyable, you have a skill set, no rambling text.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A wonderful five star slice of life tale. Thank you.

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

He married a woman named Twyla who was a known bitch and an obvious slut. What did he expect?

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

The way it was written was kinda choppy had a bit of a hard time trying to make sense in every switch betwèn scenes. This maybe an attempt by @JimBob44 to be original in writing style? Well if so, it was almost an annoying distraction in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

C) YYZ – Toronto Pearson International Airport

The code for the station in Malton, Ontario, was YZ, which is where Pearson sits today—hence YYZ.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of the problems with trying to create a universe with limited characters that wander through multiple stories is what happened in this story. Had this been a stand alone story, the Simone subplot would have ended with Simone's accident and the related snarky exchange with the other dog walker. Her role in this story was over, but because you're reusing characters, you felt compelled to add more of her completely unrelated and unnecessary story into this one.

-

It's not just the extraneous bits either. It's also what you leave out because you fleshed out the characters in another story. To those who haven't read that story, possibly because it's in a category (like Anal) that they don't generally read, they are left wondering where they wouldn't be if you had created a new character and developed them in this story. As written, her alcoholism is little more than a sudden and convenient plot device to clear the runway for Missy.

-

In summary, this approach is detrimental, not beneficial, to this story.

-

So, my advice to you is: Focus on the story you are currently telling.

DaruneAlbaneDaruneAlbane3 months ago

The last line must be a foreshadowing

2112literotica2112literotica3 months ago

Good story. A bit confusing at times, but good story with a good outcome. I’m glad you clarified the song YYZ by Rush! One of my favorite songs. 5 for the story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A really messy story filled with useless parts pushing the reader to skim very often. The idea under this tale could have been good, but it's been expressed in a very bad way. At the very least this tale require a good and solid editing, but the major problem is the flat and messy plot, making it appears as flat nonsense. Just a negative opinion.

bogie88bogie883 months ago

I am guessing the birthday card was from Twyla. Not sure if it was from prison or if she got out somehow.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You put so much thought and work into your stories that it’s worth 4 /5 even before I read it. The characters brought strong emotions out as I thoroughly read each sentence. I wish I could write like you. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I enjoy this author’s stories. I lived for almost a decade in southern Louisiana and a lot rings true. But I seemed to miss a couple of things in this story. It seemed like we should’ve known more about Simone before she went off the rails; I think I would’ve cared more about her, felt more relieved that she disappeared from Patrick’s and Stacey’s lives, felt less that she was an unnecessary tangent. And I have no idea why Patrick’s blood ran cold at the birthday card. His ex is in jail, isn’t she? Maybe I just wasn’t paying enough attention.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel613 months ago

Surprisingly enjoyed the stilted narrative format, suppose I appreciate the originality of it - and of course, a really good story!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A bit too rambling and repetitive. Could have used a good editing, probably could have tightened it up by a page and a half to make for a tighter more enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was amazing! Another GREAT story! And the Red Envelop!!!! SEQUEL time! ex wife escapes or gets out and 'hunts' him .... This story had a couple of really good twists.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

On one hand, I like the story. On the other hand, I absolutely hate drunk drivers. If you made Simone off herself with nobody dead it would have been an easy 5. As it is, 4.5 stars. Thank you for an enjoyable read.

/

One thing that really made no sense, is why is Missy saying "w" instead of "r" - and most weirdly, inconsistently (at the very least I noticed she said "bear" not "beaw").

swedishreader1swedishreader13 months ago

What a rambling mess

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Story was ok. But no need to have her lisp.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really good idea for a story, to bad it felt like a bunch of different scenes with most of the story left out. What was there was good but really didn't flow smoothly and seemed incomplete.

gebrandgebrand3 months ago

Great, as usual!

N.B.: there isn´t even a Buenos Aires train station. There are six, for different lines!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

1 star.

You started off well but then you immediately went off the rails.

By the end you've gone so far off the rails you basically had new characters in place of your old ones. You changed them so much they were not the same.

Slider1969Slider19693 months ago

Good story but why did you have to make Simone into a stereotype why not have Patrick end up with her instead of the boo-hoo poor single mother like on every LMN movie.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story JB

Everybody need a mood lifter

~Spiny

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes, I did pick up on the fact that the package in the mail box was not put there by the postman, but by someone who personally put it in the box. And the card implied it was an ex-wife that was supposed to be doing at least 20 years.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Net 3 stars. A lot to like here, so four stars for that. A bit I didn't care for that over cooked or added nothing to an otherwise fine tale. So minus 1 for those bits.

Simone was interesting, but leaving your daughter for a couple of days with an exotic "entertainer" would be a good way to lose a custody battle if the soon to be ex-wife catches wind of it. Not judging the profession, just saying.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved it. Your character depth is amazing. I found myself feeling very bad for Simone she was such a fun and likable character whom became a victim of her alcoholism, another statistic if you will. 5 stars for a fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story! I like your style. It forced me to fill in the blanks. The naysayers here have no imagination. 5 stars.

Finchy1955Finchy19553 months ago

Wow sorry I tried to finish it but the writing was AWFUL

WargamerWargamer3 months ago

Grim terse gritty story.

So many useless characters, just plain awful people.

Enjoyed it, even tho it was a bit depressing.

Scores 4/5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why did you have to make Missy sound like Barry Kripke?

GhostdogginGhostdoggin3 months ago

Giving characters disorders adds to the realism in Jim Bob's stories and the realism is part of what makes him one of the best authors on this site in my opinion. So in my opinion making Missy sound wike Bawwy Kwipkey adds to the depth of the story and makes it more enjoyable.

xtc5xtc53 months ago

Thank you, it was an entertaining story IMHO.

GriscomGriscom3 months ago

I'm going to be wondering how the birthday card from the ex-wife got there from prison. But she seems too self-centered to have any regrets.

wmjm54wmjm543 months ago

How does Twyla know his new address? Thst's why he's scared.

MellowJoeMellowJoe3 months ago

Another excellent story!

In my imagination, you have a giant murder board on your wall, with post it notes of character and story names, and different-colored lengths of twine connecting them together.

BSreaderBSreader3 months ago
Interesting

Hum.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

@Ghostdoggin - sorry, not with you. I'm a big fan of SciFi and fantasy, but one thing that absolutely pisses me off are weird impossible to pronounce (and remember, in a complex story) names. They just make the narrative **hard to read**. Same with Tolstoy writing half of War and Peace in bloody *French*. Thanks, dude (all the LE/SOL writers adding replicas in Spanish or other foreign languages go there too; as well as Fleur having unreadable French accent in Harry Potter books). Same with Missy's lisp. It simply made the story harder to read for no commeasurable benefit. She could have been TOLD about having lisp, without forcing the readers to stumble through it for most of the dialog non stop.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A story worthy of skimming

GriscomGriscom3 months ago

"Injunction" seems like such a grown-up word for Stace-Face to say.

kanekaikanekai3 months ago

Uh, really disjointed story. I couldn't related to any theme. I assume that he divorced his wife because she lost a step and didn't pay enough attention to him? Then had a brief fling with a stripper???? Sorry, this story sucked.

TrambakTrambak3 months ago

Great story.

Feeling bad about Simone. She deserved better.

Patrick is going to have some best happy birthday(s) till he is forty. Then Stacy (? Two of them) can go to college!!

5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I have to admit, this story was hard to read. I know you were trying to convey different language skills, but some of it seemed so childish and made the story worse. Good effort though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What happened? The hero didn't get the big titted teenager with daddy issues, as it's usual from this author. I don't think there's a need to change a successful formula, Jim Bob!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

You amaze me keeping so many people organized.

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

This was bit much to read but a very interesting style for this particular story. Too bad the dancer didn't work out she loved and appreciated the MC but our man found a young pretty woman he apparently loved and his daughter loved her to. Very unique style but an enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Aw, hail yeah. By comparison, even tame Texas stories make 'The Naked City' look like '50s family entertainment. Git 'em JB.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The Rush referance " shape shifter mood lifter" from the song Vital Signs, and On the same album Moving Pictures comes the instrumental "YYZ". YYZ are the airport call letters for Toronto's Pearson International Airport. I am a big fan of your writings. Keep them coming. Thanks sir!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.