All Comments on 'Why Don't We Do It In The Road'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 143 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Here comes the sun

It's always a bright day when a new HDK song is posted!

<br><br>

There are a couple of minor flaws in the revenge plan, but who cares? This was great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
The Best!

This was fun except I do think is a crime to remove a label from a pillow. Thank you for the enjoyment!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 16 years ago
Nice Twist getting in tell Kids

Getting the wife to admit her concern over her Lover RAY then getting her to tell the kids... so she looks like a slut AND she looks nuts since Ray isnt dead and she appears to be telling lies about daddy... was well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Enjoyed

I enjoyed it throughout but would have liked the ending expanded. Maybe a sequel? Thanks for your words and time writing them.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
Great

HDK does it again. Funny and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
just one great hunting story!!

love your story and this one was also great. in our state you have to also register a deer at a state taging station but that is maine!!

MetzovMetzovabout 16 years ago
Great

I loved him tring to set the guy up with a pillow :)

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
What a lot of fun!

HDK always hits the spot!

thebulletthebulletabout 16 years ago
Just plain silly

Silly is good.

I've always been wary about those damn tags myself. You'll find one on every pillow in my house. The G-Men won't catch me on that one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Warning - Warning - Warning

This Author has a devious mind and the ability to express it in a humorous way - even though he tries to tell a serious lifelike rendering of the guy next doors problems DR.<P>

Wonderful work and certainly among your best - to date.<P>

No real complaint but some word Klinkers [proofread] will make your efforts almost perfect.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Very un-real

The entire sequence of events would be vertully impossible in reality. Stupid story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Silly Anony this is very realistic. In fact much

much like some of the things I have done to nice people. Like calling a funeral home and ordering two hundred chairs to be put out in the lawn of some "dear" friend. I really liked the story except for the fact the wife was still in the picture. Seems she should have gotten a message with regard to the knife, heart, and blood. Any woman with brains would have been in another town the next day. The implied revenge would be to much. And fucking a slut is to dangerous medically to even consider. Living here in NW PA I agree there are some of us that might do this. Ah well, the praying to the gods over the kill was escellent. After all we do for now have religious freedom, cant tell where that may go as the radicals get more and more power.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
typical

cliched and lame, although decently well conceptualized.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 16 years ago
Good show!

I didn't see anything that isn't possible and much that was very funny! If dear Barb thinks Ray is an asshole, why is she sleeping with him?? And she thinks Dave will accept her back into their bed? That IS a little different than his "life" but I doubt that one will happen. Very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great writer- not so great story

In my opinion, HDK may be the best writer on this site, but this story is prety disappointing.Sometimes HDK's attempt at satire or irony or humor gets a litle farfetched and this is one of those cases. I think the whole story is totally unbelievable, but I guess you can't win the all.

the Ct.Yankee

batjac69batjac69about 16 years ago
suprising

If you would have left the sex out this would have been a fabulous story. I might steal it for a movie and if we meet up in the deer woods I will toss you a blue ribbon as a thank you.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 16 years ago
I have the feeling this was satire . . .

I thought this was a riot! I think you are making fun of some other story or stories but I cannot place them. Maybe your tale makes fun of many generic stories. Our hero Dave, by the way, was a bit like three different comedians all put together. I think he was guilty of malicious mischief, but it was my kind of mischief. Of course, it would have been nasty if the judge died naked in the woods. Supposed he had suffered a heart attack. A lawyer would have argued that Dave caused the chain of events that led to Judge Parker's heart attack; if Dave had just left him alone with his wife Barb, and not played tricks or scared him half to death, the judge wouldn't have run out naked, driven away and become marooned in the sabotaged car, and wouldn't have experienced a heart attack or died, so it's all Dave's fault . . . . Quite original and amusing story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
OMG!

i thought i've read pretty much all scenarios. but, you've proved me wrong. you have one twisted mind and written one twisted story. I Love it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Certianly in the wrong category

Not a "Loving Wives" story. At best should be in some

"Fiction" category.

All that said, and yet it was a good well written story!

zed0zed0about 16 years ago
Laughable

Laughable But Laudable! Enjoyed the Hell out of it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great

Not your best revenge story but up near the top of them.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Most Enjoyable and Very Funny...

I laughed so hard that I had a hard time keeping up with the story. I had to go back and re-read it 2 times to make sure of what I read. He did not get even with his wife, he got back at her and her lover boy. Now he has humiliated herself to everyone she had respect for and the hanging judge will get to go the the pen and get penetrated there. What a wonderful story. I wish I had your imagination.

REVENGE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME, SO PLAY BALL.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 16 years ago
What's so funny about that?

I thought it's rather lame. It's like, "WEll, okay, you got me. I shouldn't have slept with that prick. Ha-ha". <p>

"Yeah, you shouldn't have. Now, get the fuck out, so I could sleep on my nicely used bed here. Ha-ha-ha." <p>

It's total nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Rubbish

A stupid story with no point to it.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 16 years ago
Poor

Meandering babble.

JakeRiversJakeRiversabout 16 years ago
To write a story like this ...

you have to have more than a biting wit - ya gotta have heart!

Great story - Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Very Funny!

Thanks for a funny and unique story! Revenge that is fun and the bad guys get exposed. I'm glad you have lots more beatle songs to go. Please keep up the good work.

cageyteecageyteeabout 16 years ago
A delightful read!

Just what I've come to expect from HDK. Thanks for sharing your stories with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
very enjoyable

As always I enjoyed your story very much. You are one of the few writers that I read. Keep up the good work and I will be looking forward to your next story.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
It worked famously almost to the end

Let me start with a thank you for a new story it's been too long. now to my dilemma. i am starting to hate the obligation to rate a submission in order to post a comment. It seems to disproportionably cloud every thing else that's said. Having said that, let me say that all through the story and up to the end it was sheer fun -a classic HDK style. Not a fan of hunting myself, it's always interesting to be introduced to the jargon and to get a glimpse into a world I never see otherwise. Add to that the wily plot surprises and it’s a staple HDK style.

Ok, I have been building towards the but. With humor it's like pregnancy it's either there or not. I am specifically talking about the end. The humor in it did not make me laugh or even smile. I will not try to convince those who did find the ending funny otherwise. So it's just my reaction. I did not see any amicable feelings between the husband and the wife. Even for a JPB style of stories with open or semi open marriage you have to have some mutual ground, but here the whole premise was cheating and the level of rage which drive the husband to plan and implement this elaborate revenge against both his wife and the lover. Suddenly they are able to shift gear and she is willingly 'Sacrificing'(?) her cousin - BTW, does the cousin know about her role as a sacrificial sex partner? And the wife will wait out the revenge sex with the cousin while sleeping in the guest room -that is until the cousin "cheats" on him? And how could she cheat on him if she is nothing but a revenge venting vehicle? For it to be funny it has to be imagined as plausible. The problem is that the ending is not consistent with the rest of the story and is not plausible in and of itself. I am not trying to discourage you HDK, jus to keep it real and constructive by being specific on what worked best and what did not. Thanks again for the story.

bgtrkdrvrbgtrkdrvrabout 16 years ago
I agree with KOLKORE

Still a very good story. As a hunter I really enjoyed it. Oh and BY THE WAY : UNDER PENALTY OF LAW THIS TAG NOT TO BE REMOVED EXCEPT BY THE CONSUMER we the buyer of the pillow or mattress ARE the consumer, we can cut the damn tag off any time we want, lol

ohioohioabout 16 years ago
all hail the master!

HDK manages to be original and different nearly every time, and this tall tale certainly qualifies! Very devious, very funny, and the running joke about the pillow was just the icing on the cake. I also liked the bit of misdirection right near the end, when Barb refers to a "slut" and the reader thinks she's talking about herself--until we learn that Doris is also in the bed! Thanks as always--ohio

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 16 years ago
A great escape fiction

It was a very creative story. I found so much tongue-in-cheek in your demented mind that it brought a smile to me. I guess I am able to enjoy a good fictional concept and not get too carried away with the pain of it all.<P>The hunt cabin reminds me of my wonderful days and years of deer hunting the day after Thanksgiving. It was a lot of brandy and stories your best friend wouldn’t believe. I did hunt on the eastern shore of Maryland and my home state of Illinois where it is shotgun only.<P>Thank you for the entertaining prose.<P>PT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Ahhhhhhh :) good on you :)

When you want you can be terribly funny. Cheers Yoron

LesleyJLesleyJabout 16 years ago
Tagging?

..... John, you can "tag" me anytime in the road. I promise not to inform the authorities, however federal they are! Hehehe.

Great little story as usual from the Master.

LesleyJ.

xxx

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 16 years ago
You never answered the question

Why didn't you do it in the road?

Could it be the road was wet and cold?

Is that why you didn't do it in the road?

:-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
If the characters in it werent absolutely stupid

it might be a good read. But you are talking of folks that fuck kin as a way of life, backwoods a bit to much yall.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 15 years ago
HDK YOU SLAY ME

Being from Michigan, I'm a big fan of deer hunting humor. Combine that with cheating wives humor and you'll have a winner every time. They say laughing is good therapy. I feel like I should pay you for this morning's session. Thank you for a good laugh.

CastleStoneCastleStoneabout 15 years ago
The Single Greatest Story on This Site.

I swear I left a comment for this story before. I think the computer ate it. I wish one day I could write a comedy as good as this. I loved the bit with the pillow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Needed A Good Laugh

So I reread this great story. I still think your wrong about those pillow tags. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
YUP

HDK,

Does it again. What a sick mind and what a joy to read what it produces. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A good one

At least this one was funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "gasp snort giggle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Thanks For the Story

Fucker Doris tell the wife leaves forever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
johngalt2300@yahoo.com

...that's the way to do it...money for nothing and the chicks are free...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!

What a fun read. Dave is my hero.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
And a good time is had by all

Absolutely fucking hilarious -

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

I laught some minuts. Good revenge story!!!! However I would be curious the future. 5 stars.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago
Sometimes a pendelum turns back

BTW some readers do not undarstand why so succesfull there are the revenge stories. If somebody remembers the World Litereture, where the cuckold husbands were the main source of the humour during 1000 and 1000 years (from Boccaccio "Decameron" to Thomas Mann " Die Bekenntnisse des Hochstaplers Felix Krull"). Therefor there is a revelation for me to read stories against to the cheating wives and their lovers. I prefer lack of the violance revenge stories.

ValerionValerionover 11 years ago
LOL...I feel better

I don't know why I spend so much time reading these stories when all they do is piss me off but I truly laughed my ass off reading this one. Nice job.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
Another

off beat story which made me laugh. The plot lines are hilarious.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Funny***

A fun read thanks for sharing.

ValerionValerionover 11 years ago
LMMFAO!!

I laughed until I had tears running down my cheeks!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Just When One Thinks They've Completely Read The Best of HDK !

This virgin giant gem pops up like jumbo jewel Harrison Ford snatched in ' Raiders of Lost Ark' intro. I'm rarely so glad to be so wrong.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Interesting

Thanks for the offering.

theanalisttheanalistalmost 11 years ago
hilarious

it was absolute fun. serving divorce papers and reminding her that he is not gonna marry the cousin would have topped it off...

theanalisttheanalistalmost 11 years ago

I never thanked you for your efforts. since this the last story left(I finished all your other works) I take this opportunity to thank you. hdk you rule (except a few reconciliation stories off course)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting,,,,,,,,,

v-e-r-y ,,,, interesting..........

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your stories!

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

Only one word: hilarious!

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
The best thing

about HDK is how he takes horrible situation and turns it around and adds humor to it! In truth, we our stupid human lives too seriously, in a short period of time we will all be dust again and no of this will matter. For the moment though, it would be nice if we could all be decent to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
u shud write long stories.

Ur short stories r awesome.y dont u try writing multichapter stories like DQSteele.U certainly have the skill.Go ahead n giv us ur dreamwork,ur masterpiece.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Had To Give This One 5 Stars!

Brilliantly executed plan, great revenge!

Hope he never splits up with Doris!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
wait a minute........

This company he works for wants him to miss opening day of deer season in Pennsylvania?!?!

Greedy heartless bastards, put the word out on them and see how long they stay in business in PA.

Wonder how long Barb has to wait?

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
The only flaw in the story...

Cut to the chase! Did he win the pool & how much was it?

A hunter of his caliber (yes caliber) could not wait to tell his success with the pool along with an embellished bagging story. No matter what the state of his home life.

Very enjoyable 5***** story

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Fun Story!

This was a good read. It made me laugh at how he got her to admit to her cheating to everyone in the town, even her children. However, I disagree with taking her back, once a cheat always a cheat. Kick her out and have fun. Thanks for a creative and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good one!

fun story. 5/5.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Nice

I'm from the city. The only hunting I ever did was a few big rats in my time. I do know that the husband took care of business after catching his whore cunt wife in bed with the judge. He was fucked over but the slut didn't have enough revenge. And no sorrow whatsoever. Oh well, still a decent tale.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Over Already

By the time your wife brings a piece of shit home to fuck in your bed your marriage is over already. The total lack of love, respect, and trust is evident in her actions. There are no excuses, no reasons, no forgiveness. Tell her to leave, and wait for the divorce to be final. There are plenty of other women out there to keep you company both in bed and out. A shitty exwife is the last person to waste your remaining days with reliving bad memories.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
hunting camp

is a sacred space

a defiled bed is not

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A pretty good story!

Although I didn't much care for it, I think cheating spouses should be tarred and feathered, literally.

But hunting camp! I've been hunting for almost 50 years now and camp is the most fun part of it. Sometimes when the deer are few and far between, we just call it 'eating camp'. The food is good and I have to be careful not to put on extra pounds!

I just returned from our local hunting camp this morning, tagged up on a nice blacktail 4x4 (western count) and leave in 2 weeks for a Montana mule deer camp! Can't fricking wait, I love taking my old 38-55 and knocking down a nice buck, while the youngsters use their super whompin' laser beamed .270 magnum blaster!

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
The pool

Really need to know if he won the pool lol

Great humor and excellent revenge on the judge. 5 stars

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
Another very funny and entertaining story

Just another day's work for HDK. One more great story in a library of great stories. You are the man.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

VERY creative piece HDK. Funny, original, and you manage to do it all so powerfully and concisely in 2 pages, well 1 1/3 I guess, which is even more impressive.

So many stories too. I will be enjoying them for quite awhile. At least I hope so. I need to pace myself reading them as it appears that you have stopped writing for 6 months.

I only hope this is a temporary break. I am absolutely certain in my belief that you are by far the best author that I have read on this site (at least to date). You have set the bar so high that I cannot imagine very many will be able to reach it.

Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Funny

Another well written story. The ongoing joke about the upholstery tags got me to laugh out loud by the third rendition. Thanks.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Love This One

Will be savoring this one for a while! LMFAO!

Thanks!

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
Give another gold star

to the master of LW humor and satire.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
You have a knack for irrational stories

Entertaining but nothing real and believable.

justplaincraigjustplaincraigover 5 years ago
Pillows

The pillow tags....hilarious

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
@dark2donut2

Being irrational is what makes them entertaining. It's called "suspension of disbelief." Just like Wiley Coyote won't fall after running off a cliff until he notices there's no ground under him.

It's the backbone of much humor.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
LMFAO

The story is funny enough but the morons that comment about how it (fiction) isn't believable/factual/<fill in the descriptor here> enough... ROTFLMFAO at the idiots. Just shows you it takes all types...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well

Well,did he divorce Barb.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Comments Were Right On

Until I dropped down to Sugna, some people just don't see humor in anything. The folks before that nonsense said everything and more that I was coming up with. Sheeze, the rest of you get a life. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where

Where is the ending?.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 4 years ago
That is funny

That is funny in a twisted way. He’s not mad because his wife is cheating but, because she’s cheating with that judge.

He set his wife and the judge up big time. Then he carried out his plan (while thinking) to get even with both the judge and his wife by fucking both of them.

Who cares if it’s not rational it’s funny and he beat the judge and his wife, that’s usually why it’s called fiction.

Good story keep writing.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Fun read! I am really enjoying the stories from this author - For me the best ones are these humorous ones. The pillow and mattress tags seem to be a theme.

tanglosaxtanglosaxabout 4 years ago

Maybe the funniest story on Lit. I was laughing so hard I was crying, and then I laughed some more when I read the anon. comments by people who obviously have no sense of humor. Thank you HDK for lightening up my day in these trying times. Tanglosax.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Realy

Really like this story,it kills two birds with one stone.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years ago
Liked it.

I laughed at the husband's antics like many of you, but was curious about the husband's response. At first he went to get his deer rifle and shoot them both. Then he engineered a payback for both lovers, so far so good. For an undetermined reason he then acted as though her infidelity didn't mean a thing to him, strange twist of motive for someone who just found out that his wife was doing the asshole judge.

Of note: nowhere in PA is it OK with the game commission to tag a deer that way.

1- it wasn't taken during legal hours. 2. A Van is not an authorized firearm, legal for deer. 3- No buck pool that I've ever heard of would accept a buck as a winner taken that way. 4- there is an 800 number to call in deer struck by vehicle.

I enjoyed the tale never the less.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

This was a Good Story with a Nice ending .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
by now, ...

i give up on HDK ever overcoming his superfluous commas dilemma. story, however, a lot of fun. 5 stars, in spite of one serious inconsistency...the wife was willing to abscond with the shooter ´if they left right now´ wtf?? others have pointed out more logic demerits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very Nice

And one more Beatles tune bites the dust. Yeah, as others have said, I laughed my ass off too. BTW, Fritz, short of a full blown autopsy who’s gonna know the deer wasn’t killed legally? The van driver who hit it? I doubt it, he didn’t stop at the scene and call either the police or the game wardens. Where I live that’s a crime too. Just a good fun story. But there was one real crime in it. Hunters in Pennsylvania only get two deer tags per season? Damn. Where I live we get either four or five, depending on the county you’re hunting in. Again, good job, HDK.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22almost 4 years ago
Funny

This story makes me laugh every time I read it.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
I have to repeat myself

You still haven't told us weather of not he won the Big Buck Pool!

I suppose he's still with his wife, Better the slut you know than...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Erotfan

Pretty well nailed it.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
Good one, HDK!

Nailed em both! Lol!

GriscomGriscomabout 3 years ago
Ok

The pillow tag thing is funny.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Holy smoke!

That was one very good story HDK. You hung the the hanging judge out to dry for sure. Even a yankee wouldn’t claim road kill as a trophy though.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Ok that was fun. Fortunately he wasnt a southern boy, as he'd have done to the dead deer what the judge did with his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fun but serious.

Nice ending too.

Bill

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

story TAGS