All Comments on 'Whispers and Murmurs'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

I agree that one should rinse off their dishes before putting them in the dishwasher!

5

overwatcheroverwatcherabout 2 months ago

Had to be more to Robert's reason for a divorce, and there was. A lesson for Donna to take to her next relationship. Good story, thanks. 5.

TajfaTajfaabout 2 months ago

I struggled with this one. The ending almost justified his non communication. It just irks in stories like this when the mc's don't talk to each other, even if it's to have a shouting match. 3 stars

AardieAardieabout 2 months ago

He was well rid of the woman. She frauded him into marriage and then was making his life miserable. I was surprised how sly his new wife was in letting the prank blow up so she could snatch him up. She was clearly chasing him from that day on.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 months ago

Characters rendered with the sparest snippets of dialogue and descriptions of expressions and mannerisms. Minimal and somehow still eloquent. A treat. Thanks.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

🎯5&FAV! Great job!! No joke really great job

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

Do you know the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi?

The people from Dubai do not like the Flintstones. But the people from Abu Dabai do!!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 months ago

Seriously dude? A 6month pregnant 18 yr old teenager who should be in high school is somehow working as a receptionist at a major ad agency?

Why not hage Him win the $2 billion dollar power all prize while you’re writing bullshit.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 months ago

And after reading it, frankly, it just made me angry.

I don’t know what you have against women; but you need therapy, not writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Clever

Corny1974Corny1974about 2 months ago

What an enjoyable start to the week. 5 stars from me.

mndhanson017mndhanson017about 2 months ago

How old is Robert because it said that Aderyn was 18 and she was pregnant with a boyfriend, unless he got her pregnant and thus he cheated on Donna? Like what is going on?

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

I think @jimBob44 is experimenting on writing disjointed stories as I have noticed a couple of stories done in the same style. Well he is free how ever he wished his style is but really I find it hard to read and follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very Different BUT I did like the ending (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Filling the dishwadhr incorrectly is enough reason for divorce ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Didn't like it - he wasn't a cup of tea!! I would also like to know what state a man got a divorce and he didn't have to pay out the nose. Sorry - not a good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Enjoyable story, as always. Smart woman, Aderyn! 👍🏻

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 2 months ago

Story had some potentially good nuggets, but I found the writing confusing with too many unnecessary distractions. The tubal ligation would have been a critical issue, but it flew in from nowhere.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderabout 2 months ago

Well, I'm sorry. But I have to agree with Boyd. You really should rinse your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.

Oh and the story! Yeah a solid 5 Stars. The minute I read about him getting pissed at the insurance paperwork I knew. Aprils Fools day was the SECOND time she'd tricked him.

Great story JB.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 2 months ago

I liked the concept of the story. Several areas were the story line or dialog was confusing. I'm still confused who the father of Donna's baby was.

kelchakelchaabout 2 months ago

4*

That poor bugger is now with an 18 year old woman, with twins, capable of competing for her wants with Machiavelli.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 2 months ago

So far out of the realm of reality. Technically good. thanks

taylorsamtaylorsamabout 2 months ago

I liked the story

Thanks

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneabout 2 months ago

I enjoy your stories, because they are usually about ordinary folks that don't have wealth, super-skills, or ninja training. This one was a five-star effort. Thanks a lot.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 months ago

Just folks being folks. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Too many rabbits.

NickTeeNickTeeabout 2 months ago

You had the opportunity to flesh it out somewhat because it was bare bones but the plotline was clever. So please consider re-writing this because I thought it was unique...

wmjm54wmjm54about 2 months ago

Even when there's no actual sex in them, your stories are fun.

kirei8kirei8about 2 months ago

Daughter??? Way too many loose ends. Logic is not your strong point, huh!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

The authorship notes at the beginning are useless. If anyone copies this to post it elsewhere, they're going to delete that anyway.

\

If cameo characters/places are meaningful, you shouldn't need to point them out.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

3 stars - for a very average BTB story.

Although, I do understand why the husband divorced the woman.

Those 'secrets' are not the kind of secrets you keep from the person you are supposed to love.

PLUS, I really hate practical jokes of any kind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It worked because without the deceit he never would have married her in the first place. But the divorce was inevitable anyway. Sooner or later her failure to get pregnant would lead to his wanting some medical exam and then the revelation that she Couldn't get pregnant. And it was made clear neither spouse really enjoyed or respected the other.

\

The only plot fault is the implication that Donna isn't fucking other men, at least since the divorce was filed. Why not? She has no morals or ethics, and she likes to have a good time. And she doesn't even have to worry about birth control now. No, if she's attractive and willing to fuck she's not living with an obnoxious room mate, she's living with the richest fool she can snag. I suspect she's already fucking several prospects.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 months ago

But it was weird. Just plain weird. And I thought Sci-Fi was tough to follow. The bear liked it, though. 4.5 stars .But so weird.

The BEAR

CZOFTWCZOFTWabout 2 months ago

That was fucking terrible.

amadthonamadthonabout 2 months ago

Great story. I thought he was overreacting until i read about the "miscarriage" and tubal lighting. Then the BTB seemed justified.

LustyScribeLustyScribeabout 2 months ago

That was a LOT of fun to read! I always have enjoyed a little "turnabout is fair play" in a story.

oksideshow859419oksideshow859419about 2 months ago

I couldn't finish the story I'll try again sometime later

🙈🙊🙉💨🤔☢️🧟‍♀️

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 months ago

4 stars and I hate practical jokes. Jokes always hurt or embarrass someone. It's no joke to the person being played. Well written and mildly humorous as divorce is no joke either. Our author did a good job dealing with a sad situation.

114FSO114FSOabout 2 months ago

Fucking cheating cunt. May not have cheated with another man, yet cheated her husband of a family. Bitch.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

The tubal ligation came way too late in the story for me.

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 2 months ago

Donna was lucky to ditch him early.

Living with someone with the OCD that Robert patently has is a nightmare.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not funny at all.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel61about 2 months ago

Cooling it on the Cajun vernacular stuttering speech pattern made reading the story a better experience for me by not distracting my focus on the dialogue. It also enabled me to easily and happily give us a five star rating! I really like your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story, perfect with April Fools Day coming up soon. Good to see nice guys coming out on top. Five stars. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Hernandez? What? How does a cute little blonde get a name like Hernandez?

Seriously? You know about Cameron Diaz?

Spain is in Europe and has a high proportion of blondes and redheads among its inhabitants.

Bebop3Bebop3about 2 months ago

5 stars. Fun story, sir.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 months ago

A quick well told story. I really thought the twist at the end was well done and that the divorce was not all about the April Fools. Glad to see Robert find some happiness. Gotta Bounce Bunnies does make me laugh.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic3about 2 months ago

Well done and indeed kept me interested. Thanks for sharing your story. I do wonder how Robert will react if/when he learns of Aderyn’s role in this. Is it enough to question her? As in she set up the circumstances for Robert to mistrust Donna. Does that make her untrustworthy to? Don’t get me wrong, Donna was definitely deceitful. She snagged Robert thru claiming pregnancy and then having a tubal ligation. Other than setting up Donna, has Adyrn done anything to suggest she is using Robert? That might be something to consider if there’s a continuing on these characters.

Gram1Gram1about 2 months ago

Loved it! Always a special day when a JB44 hits the site. Many thanks, you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Take an English class.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sad to say… I think I'm done with JB44… just gotten way too dark. His writing quality is still on point… its just no longer an enjoyable story. I know writing is often a reflection of the author. I hope JB44 is ok.

Tex_Ex_MilTex_Ex_Milabout 2 months ago

Too many. Fractured, incomplete sen. Tences.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

A little difficult to follow at first, but it morphed into another great story from JimBob’s fertile imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It was a fun read. Were Robert and Aderyn married? I must have missed something. Good story, I’m going to follow you!

Thanks

Trooper

JensensloverJensensloverabout 2 months ago

You NEED more than Microsoft spell check, what a load of rubbish, couldn't finish the first page, all over the place, suddenly talking about something else in the middle of a scene, had to keep checking I was in the same story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Congrats Robert! You've just fallen into a relationship with a manipulator the second time running. Outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

enjoyed the story in a perverse way. I have to admit, never have understood the whole April fool joke thing especially the hard core stuff.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 2 months ago

Your stories confuse the hell out of me. For some reason I don’t find them very satisfying.

FlamethrowFlamethrowabout 2 months ago

A very clever bring down for a bad wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just not very good. And certainly not erotic. Why post it on Literotica.com? Readers Digest would have been a better choice......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

There are many blonds Hernandez in SA. Men and women.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 months ago

Luckily your pleasure is our pleasure. Lol FIve stars

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 months ago

An interesting story. Donna was actually a grossly unpleasant person and Aderyn helped Robert escape from her. Lovely Welsh name, Aderyn. My wife had a pet bird for many years and part of his name was Aderyn. My wife is fluent in Welsh.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 months ago

Sorry, but far too "busy" for such a tale, IMHO. It was damned hard work ploughing through all that quagmire of studied irrelevancy, it was so dense that it was cloying, like quicksand!

Thank you but no, it was a lightweight piece, told like Tolstoy or Duboski, in my view!

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 months ago

I can’t say I enjoyed reading that at all.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

Perfect ending, this should be scoring much higher.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Jesus, what’s with the character’s shitty grammar and syntax!?! This is almost impossible to read with any continuity! You’re much better than that!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

So hard to read and not erotic. Don't give up the daytime job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It didn't really make any sense, but then pranksters are just vermin so that alone would be good grounds for divorce.

Then the wife sterilising herself would have also been grounds for divorce.

Seems that the guy was just a cheater, got a girl pregnant and then used anything as a means to justify ditching his wife.

No one looked good in this, just worthless humans being trailer trash.

hank_rosehank_roseabout 2 months ago

Nah, this one wasn't for me. So much going on, but so little story

tralan69ertralan69erabout 2 months ago

@sbrooks103x

The authorship notes at the beginning are useless. - So are your comments.

\

If cameo characters/places are meaningful, you shouldn't need to point them out. - Not your story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It didn't get me. Three stars. Frankly, not much to like about that story. But I will still rate it Average, three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Too many separate dialogues going on and never stating that anyone in particular was trying to listen in, it read like walking into a very loud and obnoxious nightclub on a Friday night. Didn't bother to finish reading

alferdogalferdogabout 2 months ago

There’s an Author's Note that all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age., but did anyone engage in sexual activity?

Karn9Karn9about 2 months ago

Great short story! 4* I enjoyed the plot and the April fools mayhem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 Stars on a Great story . Keep up the great work

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

Thanks for sharing an enjoyable tale with us readers.

c24jc24jabout 2 months ago

Well, the faked miscarriage sort of saved Robert from being a total loser . . . but he wasn't that likeable anyway. I didn't find myself identifying with (or even liking) any of the characters. Not a bad story . . . I just couldn't quite feel anything for anyone in it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This story doesn’t belong in this category or in Literotica for that matter!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 months ago

Thanks for the story, I enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 months ago

Nice. Light and funny. Robert should really have filed under ’fraud’ for the tubal ligation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What a fun little gem , you should get Robert to advert it so it appeals to a larger demographic .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Had the potential to be good, but was kind of messy and difficult to read.

Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Chit read

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 months ago

Ha, ha.

Can't stop thinking about bunnies.

Never happened to me before.

This was one great story.

With a brilliant plot.

Top ratings from me.

OldbuddyOldbuddyabout 1 month ago

Not one of my favorites, very hard to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I'm almost certain I've read this before. Why do old stories constantly appear as new stories?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hahaha! I always do a double take at the name 'Connie Edwards.' I grew up as a family friend to the legendary aviator who went by that name.

RileyKingRileyKingabout 1 month ago

Confusing and too long for the mediocre payoff. 3 stars

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 month ago

Wish i had your talent !

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 month ago
Robert’s character is simply…

… a hateful motherfucker, and I don’t care how miserable he is, it isn’t miserable enough to make me happy.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 month ago
What

What a load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Firstly, the pathetic loser Rutweiler should go get himself a hobby like disecting corpses, and quit spitting his brand of poison onto Literotica.

Secondly @JimBon44 - you squandered the opportunity to delve into emotion, instead wasting time telling us about the incredible angst suffered by Donna when she discovered that her slipper was missing and her shoes were moved around. Gasp, the horror of getting pranked vs. getting divorced somehow doesn't equate and was a 'so what'...

The good news is that with 5K followers one bad story hardly matters.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy29 days ago

Good story - I was entertained! As usual the author’s note was the most incredible since I was way low on characters returning! Always fascinating how many characters return in stories!

Please do keep writing for your pleasure and I will keep reading for my enjoyment!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories