All Comments on 'Vodka Sting'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 179 Comments
MoondogAUMoondogAUover 3 years ago
Nice!

Great work Todd and Mrs T, and I wondered where the stew recipe fitted in!

Thanks you another enjoyable story, and the tantalising prospect of perhaps TWO N&D stories to come.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 3 years ago
Wonderful

A very good in depth story to Kelsea and Björn and a great tie in to Tequila Shuffle. Waiting hopefully for the next N&D stories. Also can't wait for the next drink. You were right, I fell in love with a clown.

Thank you and Mrs. T for all your hard work.

Woodmanone

unrealtimeunrealtimeover 3 years ago
Just as I was starting severe withdrawal symptoms...

this popped up. And with a promise of not just one but TWO eagerly awaited extensions to The Shack! Lighthearted and lowish on the mayhem meter by your standards, this is sort of jalapeño cotton candy. (Insert usual over the top but nevertheless understated praise of your mad tale spinning skills bemoaning the inadequacy of a mere 5 stars.)

Planning on trying the stew in the not too distant future.

Many thanks to you and The Missus for yet another delightful escape from the tedium of 2020.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Barnum and Bailey are a bunch of clowns

Great story, another show stopper. I'm a new commenter but long time Lw reader (never could bring myself to be an anon). You are hands down my favorite author on this sight even if your stories arent quite actual traditional Lw fare. I dont know why (probably cause your shack stories are in the HOF) but I thought you had laid down your masterpieces and vanished into the ether. Even though I've just read Relentless i hadn't realized it was just posted in August, so i had thought you dissapeared like many of the great Lw authors. I was beyond ecstatic to see this post and hope to read more from you in the near future! I went into your stories not really a fan of the noir genre but coming out the other side a believer.

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Barnum and Bailey are a bunch of clowns

Great story, another show stopper. I'm a new commenter but long time Lw reader (never could bring myself to be an anon). You are hands down my favorite author on this sight even if your stories arent quite actual traditional Lw fare. I dont know why (probably cause your shack stories are in the HOF) but I thought you had laid down your masterpieces and vanished into the ether. I went into your stories not really being a fan of the noir genre but came out the other side a believer. I hope to read more from you in the near future. Thanks for your contributions.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 3 years ago
Slow Cooker,

Every time l read the phrase Slow Cooker my mind changes it into 'Slow Hooker' then l start contemplating the differences between slow hookers and fast hookers and soon l realize that an hour has passed and it's time for my nap, and meds.

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772over 3 years ago
Good God...

Good God, man. Here you have me tearing up at work while reading a story on a jerk off website.

You are simply a masterful storyteller. It seems ludicrous to me that you aren't doing this for a living.

DustyRhinoDustyRhinoover 3 years ago
A break

Thank you for the break in the covid continuum. I've enjoyed your stories since the beginning,

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Another great one!

Unrealtime captured my thoughts better than I could write them. 5*

Gibbo68mustangGibbo68mustangover 3 years ago
Great as usual

Cant wait for the next Shack tales. I keep going back and rereading every so often as they are so entertaining. 👍😁 Keep it up and stay safe.

seekermikeseekermikeover 3 years ago
Bait and switch

All this and a slow cooker recipe???

This is a very good day indeed.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

And a recipe for Guinness stew thrown in? Christmas came early to us fans in LW! Great story although I would have loved a proposal or something, even if inferred. You clearly do this for a living, best of luck and Merry Christmas! 5+*

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

A story where the clown isn't creepy. Whoda thunk it was possible? Excellent job!

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 3 years ago

"....the Camp Mayhem crew off the leash." Oh, my...

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Best writer on the site? Certainly in contention, that was a great read on many levels. Love the characters.

cobraspideyguycobraspideyguyover 3 years ago
Great as always

Have you read Twilight Eyes?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That’s a lot of garlic.

Even if you like it!

~Enkidu

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
It's a great day

The best of Lit are out today and what a cracking tale that was! Thank you very much for sharing your undoubted gift with us mere mortals....Thanks for the recipe too. 5*

drif10drif10over 3 years ago
Fun

A great character, I can see Kelsea being good clean fun.

Next up: Rum Punch?

Enjoying your stuff, thank you for the stories.

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
Great Story

Another good one. Very entertaining. Thanks for the efforts, again.

Looking forward to the Shack series continuation. If like before should be a fun read. Besides the introduction of Delaney on her own should really be awesome. Keep it up!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Simply amazing!

Thank you and the Missus for the wonderful storytelling in this and all of your stories.

Plus of course thanks to your support crew of Editors and Beta readers.

As someone else mentioned it is indeed a good day when you find a story from Todd172 and the Missus plus bonus stew recipe!

Thank you for sharing for free here on Lit!

C

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 3 years ago

Brilliant!

Completely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As usual, this story is in a different universe, a 50 vs. a good 5.

Thanks again for such a fantastic story. It has all the elements of a likeable character, dealing with adversity and finding the right guy. Oh and tricking the Russian Mafia, how can you do any better!

Oh and there is more? A nice stew recipe too.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh glorious day!

Another wonderful story from you and the missus with news of more of Delaney and Needles to come! Thanks to you both as well as your editors! I'm just glad I have plenty of time to read and re-read your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
JUST In Time

_ _ Your stories appear here when much needed. You do not disappoint. The continuation from 'Tequila Shuffle' is marvelous.

_ _ I am looking forward to the Delaney / Shack additions.

_ _ Thank you for your efforts and, of course, the stew recipe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
and a recipe!

Maybe making stew tomorrow. Thanks for the story, too

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
Wow. Amazing story.

Glad she caught her man - she deserves a good one. I wonder what happened to the diamonds?

PygmyCohoPygmyCohoover 3 years ago
Wait, what?

So how come this 5-star story officially has a 2? I don’t get it.

Clown me, pinchy. Um, I mean, oh, you know . . . .

Thanks!

InkhornInkhornover 3 years ago

I was minded of The Bad Things song “All The Clowns Are Now Garbage Collectors.” Well done, and thank you for the positive reflection on clowning. 5 stars.

ErocratErocratover 3 years ago

You've said a few times that you're not a real writer or something. Not enough poetry in your language, not enough style in your swagger, not enough beef in your brawn, hell if I know. You are a great writer. You are a great writer. You are a great writer. And with two Delaney stories coming up, I'm gonna fangirl about the kitchen surgery scene that you promised, too. Thank you so much for everything. My regards to the Missus.

I'm off to learn how to operate a damn chainsaw, and you need to find a damn publisher.

jimkg1jimkg1over 3 years ago
Another super story

Great story as usual. Im an 84 year old retired navy warrent officer and hope to see some more shack stories soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is one of the best stories of 2020 on this site. You just don’t find that many that keep you enthralled all the way to a true happy ending.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
I’m a fan

Kudos, to you and the missus!

Storm113Storm113over 3 years ago
A great story!

Thank you. Even better a new Needles and Delaney story. Yes!!!!!!! Icing on the cake: a Delaney/Shack story. It must be Christmas!! LOL!!!

rockthedogrockthedogover 3 years ago

Another great read. Recipe looks sweet as well. Can't wait for you to post the next two N&D stories. Happy Holidays to you and Mrs. T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I read Todd's stories aloud

to a friend, because no audio versions are available. This is our third or fourth readthrough. He likes the Shack stories, but I persuaded him to add Tequilla Shuffle to the rotation. He called me after midnight yesterday to say, "a new Todd172 dropped!"

We both wanted Kelsey's backstory and here it is at last! Yay! Thank you for many hours of enjoyment.

blackIceo1blackIceo1over 3 years ago

It's just amazing to see how wonderful is this story with the speed and the frantic work you described. I wish you the best of luck in producing more such beauties - hopefully with a little less stress all around. Unless it's that very desperation that produces such masterpieces!

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Once again, you astound me with your storytelling method. The way you describe characters and events, it's really easy to bring to the mind's eye. The language your characters use never seem to be stilted or unbelievable. You bring everything to life in a way that few authors can. Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward to reading more of your works.

5/5

game2dongame2donover 3 years ago
Wow!

Another great story. Love to read your writing. Can't wait for your next publication!

richard2675richard2675over 3 years ago

Absolutely fantastic. And thank you for the stew recipe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I agree with your wife. It bugs me when I can split wood better than a man. Sexist? You betcha but I am not gonna change. :)

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago

Another home run!

Excellent story, as usual, with superb character development.

And yes, it’s Irish Stew season.

dauberdauberover 3 years ago
Absolutely Brilliant

This is one of if not the best story on Literotica. I am blown away by how completethis is.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Bravo

Truly marvelous story, thanks to everyone involved. Wonderful read.

xiluaxiluaover 3 years ago
Absolutely brilliant

This was a fantastic tale. Love it every word of it. Thanks for the effort. 5*****

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesover 3 years ago
I love how you took a peripheral character from another story

...and treated her like SHE was the star all along. Loved the character when she was introduced, and you did right by her here. You must have gone down to The Crossroads at midnight to get your talent, because you have the Midas touch.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Be a clown, be a clown, be a clown!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome story!

I enjoy your stories especially Needles & Delaney and Monster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Learn to make a Roux

When you mix flour and water you have a paste. A ROUX is a much better choice.

DylanThomasLivesDylanThomasLivesover 3 years ago
AMAZING SUBMISSION

I have no idea how this counts as a “Loving Wives” submission, but frankly I just don’t care! It was wonderful. No ex-Navy SEALS, reformed Black Hat hackers turned philanthropists, mind-reading savants, or anything other than very cute, extremely well developed characters - and a sweet story to boot.

Thanks for making me smile and bringing tears to my eyes (over and over). This is the kind of story that keeps drawing me back to the site in anticipatory optimism.

Thank you and everyone else in your clown posse who gave of so much of your time to create such a beautiful and well constructed story.

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Your research is fantastic

I felt like you really provided some insight into the street busker/clown world. Tremendous read, esp in the middle 4 pages. Going to read Tequila Shuffle now, somehow I missed that in the midst of all this Covid/reelection nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another Gem

Keep them coming

shalleycatshalleycatover 3 years ago
Great up and down rollercoaster.

Another great story, I always enjoy them. And thanks to your helpers too. I don't care if the details are all correct - its fantasy and a foreign country to me, but I can relate to the flawed characters and their emotions, and the humour. This is less dark than the Shack. Like other commentors, I also look forward to the return of N&D.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
WOW. Just WOW!

Many, many thanks Todd and support crew. This was a brilliant story. The actual story itself plus the way it was written. The professional way it was edited (yes, you did allude it that at the end) It all just blew me away. It was a real pleasure to read.

It was my literay version of a plate of creamy ice-cream with hot chocolate fudge sauce. Enjoyable throughout. Cheers and thank you again.

qhml1qhml1over 3 years ago
Another good one

I like the way you research every subject. My stories would be a lot better if I did that but usually, the story won't stay in my head long enough. You have a good memory, the Clowderella gag was something I said off the cuff almost a year ago when you first started kicking the idea around. Glad to see it worked.

Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
OK, there's a difference.

I'm not going to analyze all the stories in this series and explain why some are better, and a few a superb, but if you can't tell the difference then it doesn't matter. Skip the time and trouble and just open a can of Dinty Moore; and have a Bud Lite.

Of course this should have been in the Romance category, but then many people who really appreciate marriage, and romance, probably wouldn't have read it. And that would be a shame. This is easily one of the best stories submitted to the Loving Wives category in a long time. And you even have the balls to permit anonymous comments, like you care what All the people think, really. Thank you.

If you have this much talent then you don't need me to point it out to you, or enumerate every plot device and witticism that changed this story from canned to home made. It was a pleasure to read. And if the dregs of Anonymous were allowed to comment more than once I would tell you how much I enjoyed the stew recipe, after I try it, maybe tomorrow. I usually have to wait for beef to go on sale.

Thankfully your story was just the right price at the right time.

Thank you for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another warm read. Thank you!

It is fun to read when you interweave characters from other stories. It feels like I am hearing about old friends. mike India kilo echo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Boeuf bourguignon

If you swap the guiness for red wine and ditch the celery for mushrooms your Guiness Stew will become Boeuf bourguignon. And yes, great story, thanks!

Vstar67Vstar67over 3 years ago
Great Story and a Recipe to boot!

Loved the story! And the recipe. That’s a first for me. Never saw a literotica story with a damn good recipe! Lol! Can’t wait for more Needles and Delaney, keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
15 stars!

Five stars for this outstanding story. Five is not enough but what the rating allows. Five advance stars each for your work in progress on your Needles and Delany stories. Can't wait for them to be available. Thanks for the great temporary diversion to these crazy times. Much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Always a pleasure

Hey Todd, here’s the thing: you’re really (sorry) good at this. You have a clear voice and vision for character, plot and mood. You have a lively sense of humor. Your characters have unique inner lives we can sense. That all makes for an immersive and often informative experience for the reader.

What a delightful surprise it is to find a new Todd172 story pop up. I read your back catalog all the time to tide me over, but a fresh tale makes for an especially happy day. Great job with this one, and I can’t wait for the next Delaney stories to drop.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Loved it, as usual...

I gave you 5 stars of course. I can't, in fact, remember ever giving any of your stories anything but 5 stars. Let me know if that's beginning to bore you and I'll try to toss in a 4 star now and then.

Thanks for posting. Good stuff, Maynard.

Todd172Todd172over 3 years agoAuthor
Thank you for everything

The support we’ve gotten here from the very first story is staggering. Other writers and volunteer editors have given us every bit of help they could from the beginning. I really can’t say enough about the editors and beta readers. Qhml1, my memory is pretty good, but I wrote that down as soon as you said it; it was perfect.

As for the Readers, well, we can’t think of anywhere else we could ever expect the kind of support we get here. It is unbelievable.

We’ve learned a lot, and we know we have lot more to learn. We’ve got several in the queue we’re working on – it’s been hard to get the time to write for a while, but we are starting to see some light. Maybe.

We hope so. The Missus is a better dreamer than I am, and she is covering my writing desk with scribbled ideas. Daydreams and nightmares, random thoughts, and quirky characters. Sometimes just a fragment of conversation that a whole story could be built around.

We really need more time in the day.

If this wasn’t your cup of tea; look around. There are some truly gifted writers here: Qhml1, Tx Tall Tales and oshaw; or you might prefer Chloe Tzang or DFWBeast or maybe BillandKate. There’s something out there for you.

Stay safe and take care of yourself, your loved ones, and maybe a stranger or two.

Dirty_SteveDirty_Steveover 3 years ago
The world loves a clown...

This is one of the best stories I have read here... the detail was enough to really paint a picture while not overwhelming with day to day life. The clown angle was fascinating. I really see the downturn of the clown profession as a loss for humanity. People willing to lampoon themselves for laughs are amazing and the joy they spread is infectious. We could definitely use more clowns right now.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Yep

Yep, another Home Run for Todd172, and the Misses! So good I'm going back to re-read tequila shuffle. Thank you for another great read! Come on Shack stories.

Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful!

I was going to say “wow!!!” but the post right before me already said that. Wonderful story! Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Just knowing there is more Needles and Delaney on the way is making 2021 look much better. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story....

Great story... sad at times and funnier then hell too!

Five stars!

And can’t wait for more Shack stories!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Not fair

It's just not fair for NJ anyone to be able to write so well. I haven't read all of your work yet, but I'm going to catch up soon. This was better than great and I loved the happy ending.

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 3 years ago
Bit of a trite ending.

I love your shack stories,tricky, nuanced,and almost believable, but this one was a bit contrived, a bit lazy, and not really you at your at best. Ah well.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 3 years ago

I loved everything about this story. 5 Stars.

But I do have one question. What is a "Duck Boy?"

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Great Story. A Fun read. I'm looking forward to the upcoming stories you mentioned. You should publish, I've read worse, much worse in books I paid for.

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwardsover 3 years ago
Another most enjoyable read!

I so enjoy your stories and this one had everything going for it.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 3 years ago
Great character

I wasn't a fan of your shack stories, they just seemed laid on a bit too thick, too much Mary Sue territory, I think.

I really liked this one though, mostly due to the protagonist, would love to see more from her POV.

LwcbyLwcbyover 3 years ago

Great story as usual! You made me extremely happy when you said that you would have some more Needles and Delaney coming soon. Also looking forward to the camp mayhem story. I’m gonna have to figure out a way to make your stew...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved the story, almost love the recipe more!

Can't wait to try this meal out, and I will post another comment when it's done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another "It's got it all"...

... story. Thanks for the work, and the entertainment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Thanks....another really great read. Looking forward to more Needles and Delaney. Any chance of a spicy breakfast noodles recipe?

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 3 years ago

Wonderful stuff, as always. Simply some of the best writing on this site.

Loved the subject matter, as it brings back memories. A friend of mine (sadly now deceased) went through the Ringling Brothers clown school, and the skills and physical prowess he gained were simply amazing. He had the same general gentleness and interest in making people laugh as the protagonist, so this resonated nicely as a proxy trip down memory lane.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredover 3 years ago
Awesome

Your work is very much in the professional league. The level of research to work in the small details accurately shows through and makes the read that much more enjoyable. As do your lack of misspellings and absence of odd punctuation usage really add to keeping the story fluid and moving.

And I have to admit: I love Sparkle. The way you describe her brings her to life. When you detailed Kelsea dressing and transforming into Sparkle you painted her in my mind and it's a beautiful picture. Her back story give her humanity.

I'm really looking forward to more of your wonderful writing, both of Sparkle (hopefully) and of course, Needles and Delaney, two other great characters.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 3 years ago
To Todd 172

Only gave you one star because I don't want you to get a to swelled up. Just kidding it was another one you hit out of the park. Five stars, thanks.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

Excellent story and character development superb.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 3 years ago
It’s always a great day...

...when Todd & the Missus have concocted another tale!

One of these days, when your second and third novels have been made into movies, I’m going to lie and tell people, “Yeah, I knew them when...”

Thank you so much. I can’t wait for more!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

SO FUCKING GOOD!!

Easily one of the BEST writers on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great again

More! More Needles and Delaney, more Sparkle, more Shack! More of any and all of it!

And the stew? We've called a similar one "Booze Stew" for the past 50+ years. Gonna try yours as part of my covid relief plan. Its a bit different.

Thanks again!

Dennis K

RussLandDutchRussLandDutchover 3 years ago
UP TO PAR

... except in your case “par” means hitting out of the park! I have yet to read any of your stories that I didn’t love (not just liked - loved). A great story, wonderful misdirection and then a left turn at Albuquerque that would have Bugs Bunny dizzy! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Done

Another thoroughly enjoyable story that you've shared with us. Thank you for a couple of hours of escape. I apprecite all the hard work from you and your "team".

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Would it be possible?

Sparkles and Spooky?

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 3 years ago

Your stories and writing are some of the very best on this site. I sincerely appreciate them. Thank you. Bravo Zulu!

tablelandswritertablelandswriterover 3 years ago
Another great story

Loved this story. Would have given it six stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Top of the pile as usual

I always look out for your stories, with their clever twists and believable characters. I will be looking out for the “Shack” stories too.

Keep safe in these terrible times.

The Piper.

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 3 years ago

Todd, this story is a wonderful distraction. A brilliant, beautiful piece of writing. I consider it your best yet. We need more of Björn and Kelsea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You’ve come a long way young man!

Todd,

Even though you weren’t the best at paying attention, I knew that your imagination would take you places. I’ve been lurking for awhile and have read and loved all your stories.

With Affection,

Mrs. Wilson

PS. Thank you for your service.

eastwardeastwardover 3 years ago
i'm getting sick of you mentioning the missus and

not giving us any clue where you find such person, like how could you be so selfish & so smug huh?? we deserve happiness too, goddamit! give her hugs & kisses everyday, you lucky bastard

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Fantastic Storytelling

Once again totally wrapped up in a Todd172 story. Sparkle was a true delight. Have to go and find the others now. 5 stars from me. Again.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
lol

not very fair to the others on this site lol i mean come on if ur not pro u really should look into it ty for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
True about the dog

Let him in a few months ago. Using him as an extra arm rest on the couch while reading another one of your great stories. Thanks

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories