All Comments on 'Ugly Duckling Ch. 02'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Geon54Geon54over 5 years ago
Welcome Back!

Glad to see something from you again. A Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

Now I have to set aside some time tomorrow to read your latest.

Best wishes to you and yours.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 5 years ago
Wow... what a ride this has been...

Definitely going to be wanting to see another chapter (or more)...

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago
You're Writing Again

Welcome back! I hope this means you're doing better, glad to see it.

grant001grant001over 5 years ago

Is this one of your old stories just published or are back writing? Will there be further episodes of Life as a New Hire. I have really missed the regular updates of Aya and Cael's adventures.

BruceWoBruceWoover 5 years ago
We have missed you.

Our prayers have been with you. Thank you for your wonderful work.

We hope you are on the mend.

SkarredmindSkarredmindover 5 years ago

Happy to see something new! I hope they are getting you all taken care of!!

Love your stories!

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Hello Everybody!

This is an 'old story' as in I've been working on it since I wrote 'Ugly Ducking' back in 2013 and has grown in pieces and parts since then. Most of it was completed by 2016 before I had my 'issues', but I didn't feel 'right' publishing it. After some further editing and a better outlook on life, I've decided to start putting out stories again - both new and old.

Yes, I am writing again, but its mostly new stuff - sorry. I do have plenty of Life as a New Hire ... but I've only gotten to the dinner before the Great Hunt (where everybody meets everyone; both hunters and prey), not the hunting itself. There is also a nice little scene (which might not make the final cut) of Aya as Queen ~ she gets daily briefings on the activities of the Amazon Host plus still has to do her homework too. Remember - she does rule with absolute authority over an army of 40,000+ fanatics who view her as imbued with a Divine Right to command them ... which is a huge burden for those tiny shoulders. Thankfully she has her 'Atta' who will always be there for her when she needs him most ... and a new friend, the Great Khan, who truly sympathizes with her plight.

My next release will most likely be WMD 5 as that is in the best place (in my mind) for consumption. After that - possibly some new stuff.

As a note: I do review stories which get comments, or are favored, with the intent of renewing them if possible. I do care for all of your inputs.

Physically: I'm taking CBD oil and a new pain-killer which allows me more mobility which, in turn, permits me to get more done in the day and (most recently) sleep better. Trust me, getting by during a week in which I was only getting 3 hours of sleep a night truly sucked. The nerve centers in my feet are more suffering through a constant ache now as opposed to the old knife-like stabbing sensations I used to experience constantly. Woot!

Emotionally: Meh ... I've done better, but I've done a whole lot worse too. I have more good days than bad so I'm counting my blessings and moving on.

Logistically: We have a new puppy in the house ~ a Jack Russel/Whippet mix who is about 5 months old and who likes to jump on me at odd times (or dance on my feet when I'm trying to ignore him ... hehehe ...). After a rough start, he his finally getting along with my other two dogs though they occasionally still have 'dust-ups' when the biggest (and oldest) is feeling territorial and the puppy just won't respect his space.

I want to express a special 'Thank You' to both my editors who have stuck with me through my long drought. I appreciate it, Fellas!

I do hope everyone has enjoyed this tale. The next section will involve Kerry ... finally ... for those who have asked about her.

Otherwise, thank you for your votes, favs and comments. Take care everyone.

James aka FinalStand

LBLR15LBLR15over 5 years ago
Thanksgiving

Welcome back James. This is like a Thanksgiving feast to be reading one of your stories. I am indeed grateful

LBLR15

ManInGroveManInGroveover 5 years ago
Loving this

I’m really enjoying this story.

I hope your ‘real life’ improves and allows you to keep writing.

mithanialmithanialover 5 years ago
Just glad to see you posting again man.

I've had the pleasure to read some of your unpublished work in the past and enjoyed it immensely. I look forward to whatever you come up with next though oddly your longer series I'd love to see more come about on... and some of your nanotech stuff was a blast to read a swell! Stay in touch and stay as healthy as you are able!

heatkillerheatkillerover 5 years ago
Welcome Back

It was amazing to be able to read some of your new stuff. I am so glad you are writing again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Here's To Better!

Glad to hear that you are doing much better! And I hope that the trend continues. The past sounded worse in ways that literally I could never imagine. Of course I also want to see what new things you write, but in the scheme of things that is secondary.

MDG1969MDG1969over 5 years ago
Fantastic chapter 2

Welcome back FinalStand!! I’m so glad you have found some relief and enough to share your wonderful stories with all of us again.

This chapter was fantastic, please continue. I do patiently wait for LoaNH, as well. :)

Cheers to your continued improving health!

MDG1969

AfterDuskAfterDuskover 5 years ago
A pleasant surprise

I’m so glad you’re back! Please keep writing, you are truly gifted at it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yea!

Glad you are back and hopefully feeling much better! Please consider finishing “Ten”🙏

FinalStandFinalStandover 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

... I have reopened the file for OIT 12. I have my fingers crossed. Of course, I have CCSC 35, Ebb Tide 5 and LAANH 48 to consider as well. I've already completed WMD 5 and started on Chapter 6. A few other older series also deserve a chance at rebirth as well ... ugh. I really do with I was a more reliable narrator. I have to work with what the Creator gave me though.

Take care and don't lose hope,

James aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yay

That’s great news, James. I have been hoping that you’d make a recovery and continue your storytelling. Thank you for another awesome work!

TangoUglyTangoUglyover 5 years ago
Worth the wait!!! So good, so Good, SO GOOD, SO-

This was one of your stories that I was most hoping -aside from Deadly Friends/Unexpected Enemies and What My Brother Left Me- would update, and I am thoroughly amazed at what a chapter it was!

Not at the quality, mind, I knew that was going to be top-notch and it was, but the length! So delightfully, deliciously, delectably long!

Well worth the wait indeed!

Please keep up the damn fine work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Really glad to see you writing again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Haven't read all your stories but all the ones I have have been great I hope you keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pls continue this the 3rd time im reading this

Pls continue this the 3rd time im reading this >.<

Soo good love the interaction here

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

There is an old rule in writing of "show, don't tell", and you use this masterfully with your dialogue. The characters are believable and are effective at carrying the story, the action and the plot to a smashing crescendo! 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My 4th time reading this pls continue

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

7th time

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

3rd time this month T-T

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Excellent series!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

8th time

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One because you published it before you bothered to finish it.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

Okay, now that I understand what is going on, I'm really enjoying the banter between the two MCs. Thought the part where Waylon gave Melissa solace by letting her say good bye to Chuck was very touching. Talk about putting the fun in dysfunctional, this family wins hands down. Would love to see how they handle the confession in the next chapter, if it ever gets published.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Sadly yet another unfinished storyline abandoned by its author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Ugly Duckling Previous Part
Ugly Duckling Series Info