All Comments on 'Trial Separation'

by PapaRomantic

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
Good story, Pops

Thanks for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not much of a story.

But then you're not much of a writer. Maybe you should pay more attention to your writing and less attention to other people's business. One star, of course.

breville1breville1almost 5 years ago
Maybe...said it all!!

Ahh shit...I was hoping she WAS doing some soul searching. Heck, this is Literotica!! Well, she deserved it. With people who have been together so long, you migght as well tell it as it is....

Excellent!

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
Fair enough

That got it out of the way pretty quickly without too much fuss. Well enough written for what it was.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why would he come back in 3 weeks.

This had promise in the very beginning but really fizzled out badly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
As flash stories go - not too bad.

But a really good flash story is VERY hard to write. People think less words, less things to criticize. But the issue I have with most flash stories are the questions I had with this story. Well written, clear and concise story. It's apparent what's going on in their marriage. But all this did was whet my appetite and leave me wanting more of my questions to be answered. Why did she do it? Is their daughter out of the house? Has he let himself go physically or has he been at work too much and ignoring her? Are they in their 40's or 50's? Is he just going for three weeks or is he leaving for good? The "maybe" at the very end leaves his intentions open for debate. SO many questions, so few answers. That is why it's hard to write a quick hitter. You have to write about something that's down and dirty and doesn't open up a huge kettle of fish. This left too many questions in my mind.

3 stars

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great

An almost perfect little story. We needed that badly.

HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
Would love to read chapter two.

The story doesn't need it, but it has a lot of potential. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Two cheaters cheating on each other

They deserve each other. Feel sorry for the kids though, being saddled with two of the worst fucking parents you could ask for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What’s good for the goose; is so much better for the gander!

She kicked hubby to the curb as soon as her ass was through the cabin hatch, to play out of marriage. While dear husband stayed home “ alone “, like a faithful wedded partner should. I don’t see him returning to the bs in the marriage. His last word said it all...Maybe...

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
More?

Okay, that was fun and satisfying. Still, I wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall in three weeks for their next conversation, perhaps?

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 4 years ago
The Blind Ladies Scales

Need to balance out for their to be harmony in this life .

Nice flash . *****

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
The goose

is cooked. Nice one.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Nice.

That's one way to do it.

Most of us readers here

don't like our hero to stoop down

to the same level as the slut.

Who's to say what is right and what is wrong?

If I was the guy, I wouldn't come back,

but let the slut suffer for three weeks,

wondering and worrying.

Fine plot and well written.

4 out of 5 from me.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 4 years ago
Pretty good flash story

Well-written and makes a good point. Men are not always as dumb as women think.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
Decently written

My on,y problem is that with just two new stories today, it was too short! Still, it was just the length it needed to be.

PlanerguyPlanerguyover 4 years ago
Lol

Pay back is a bitch.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
Time line issue

Spends Sunday night in hotel room, then next night, and then Thursday night isn’t three days in a row. Suspect its a typo. Otherwise great flash story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hilarious.

I'm leaning toward his 'maybe' being a little optimistic.

Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyed

Like someone said, its good for what it is. I would have liked it if he let her know that he knew everything as in total count of guys. Good if he let us know he worked the bank accounts etc. maybe as he leaves she gets a call from a lawyer. Make her sweat more. For all he knows she could go put for another 3 weeks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why bother, just divorce her .

This is a weak story line. I see no satisfaction in doing what a cheating wife did. Just end the charade and move on. 23 years 50 50 split and alimony if she never worked. The system isn’t fair not taking into account her cheating on a marriage. That’s how it works in most states

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Fantastic.

I loved it. One Question after a little background!....I was at the Ekka (Brisbane Yearly Fair)..Yesterday. Anyway I was sitting with my Daughters eating Dagwood Dogs and I couldn't get over the use of the words "Fuck..Cunt & Fucken Cunt..By kids young as 7 & 8 years old..Question:- Have We as society degenerated into the gutter that our Kids have no respect for what they say and How and where they say them lousy words?.....Fantastic Story 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

Re: Maybe - Yeah, I was thinking that he was going to say something like, "Well, it's nice that you want to come back, but I don't want you back!"

@Hotprof1973 Re: Time line - As a notorious nit-picker, I don't think it's pertinent to the story, but in any case, it DOESN'T say three nights in a row, just that she spent three nights with other men: "I know that you spent the night in a stranger's hotel room that Sunday night and then again the next night [Monday], and Thursday you found another stranger to do the same thing." It simply mentions three nights, NOT in a row.

"

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Great flash story, but

We need a follow-up!!!

KB

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
So, in case people doubted it

@paparomantic makes a cryptic comment in another story, because HDK had posted a comment in that story promoting his own project. Papa did not name anyone, but it was obvious what it was about.

I was curious to see what would happen in PapaRomantic's story and here we have it:

"Not much of a story.

But then you're not much of a writer. Maybe you should pay more attention to your writing and less attention to other people's business. One star, of course."

No, clearly there is no cabal.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Way to burn HDK!

You show real class without pimping Monday's much anticipated event. Manly yet polite!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Maybe translates to “Goodbye”

A great story sticks in your head for the rest of the day. Well written flash stories are my favorite, because they leave plenty of details to contemplate. I think the marriage ended when he received the PI’s report. So I don’t think of what he plans to do as cheating. The Literotica stories, where the cheated on spouse gets revenge by cheating too, and then they stay together, are pure fantasy. This guy is a man of depth, who loved his wife, very much. The wife doesn’t know it yet, but there is no way that he is ever coming back. The wife will have years to beat herself up over being so foolish, but the word “ maybe “ will make the next three weeks a living hell for her, as she clings to the silly notion that maybe he will come back and they will grow old together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
His Turn

to compare and show him what an amazing woman and wife and mother she is...then again MAYBE NOT...lol. Nice flash story...they are hard to write and get a point across in so few words. 5 Stars from me. Thanks for the story and please keep writing!

"Buckeye Fan"

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nah

Should have filed for divorce after her first time with another man

trandall9991trandall9991over 4 years ago
Maybe they should have went together on their three weeks

But the gist of this story is great.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
As long as he comes back, three weeks later, at 5pm sharp...

... With divorce papers, I'll all good with that!

I mean, I do not expect, for a second, that Julia will keep herself celibate for the full three weeks Barry will be gone, as her husband did when she was... so why bother?

It's a nice shot to the gut from the MC, but ultimately meaningless, since there won't be much of a marriage to return to, when he comes back.

Still, really like the spirit of this whole thing! Let's hope old boy has more than one single partner to play with once he is away - 'wouldn't be cool if wifey turned out to have more fun on her separation.

Nice flash. That is all.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I liked it!

It's hard to understand that much stupidity after 23 years, but I've seen things like it and wonder. He didn't take it lying down, so good for him.

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
Whats

...good for the goose, is good for the gander.

DunkirkDunkirkover 4 years ago

Hope he finds a cunt to fuck. He should take pics and send them to Julia ong with divorce papers

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 4 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Thanks PapaR! Fun little story. Wasn't deep but wasn't meant to be! LOL!

Killian

vietnamvetvietnamvetover 4 years ago
Wife's turn in the end

I hope when Barry returns in a couple weeks that she tells him to go to hell and that she has met the man of her dreams. If he wants to be sarcastic and wants pay back time, good. I hope she takes his sorry ass to the cleaners when she kicks him out in favor of some handsome, big dick black stud!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
Huh???

I don’t think ‘Trial Separations’ are unidirectional! If Sweetie has declared a Separation, Hubby is also Separated*. It would have been wise for Hubby to have documented the terms of the separation ... best with her signature as well as his and filed with a lawyer or court. If necessary, just his written recollection of her parting announcement, notarized and shared with a friend.

In this case, Sweetie will have another three weeks of TS. Of course, she should expect her behavior to again be documented by his PI.

*granting that Hubby will not have the Prep time Sweetie had (nor will he enjoy the advantage of finding EZ pussy that Sweetie will enjoy by Universally EZ Cock.)

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
meh

enough said.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is This A Joke?

Farcical piece of nonsense. I tried to suspend my disbelief, but I couldn't extend it far enough. The dialogue was ridiculous. The writer should sit in a restaurant or cafe for a while to learn how people conduct conversations. This is a thoroughly forgettable piece of bovine scatology.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Stop trying to be logical, Lickedeesplit

This is the Loving Wives category. Logic is not part of the deal.

I have known a couple that had a trial separation, and have read of another prominent couple in newspapers, and alternative sexual experiences weren't the felt need by any of the partners.

But where is the fun in that?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
sweet flash story

concise, just, and needing no sequel. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please don't write a second chapter

Not because this was bad, but because it was exactly what you stated it was: a flash story. The story reached an ending. It might not be a final ending regarding their marriage, but it was an ending showing the ramifications of her trial separation.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Good Story But Needed A Few More Lines

He should have told her that his trial separation will be based on results, not time span. "Sweetie, first three days you fucked two men. So let's extrapolate that out to 14 men over 3 weeks. Hush, hush, honey, don't protest that it wasn't that many. Since I don't trust you anymore I can only extrapolate based on the facts I do know. So I will be back after I fucked 14 women. It may take me longer as I'm sure it was easier for you to find fuck buddies than it will be for me.

"Now, while I'm gone if you decide to continue sampling more men then that will extend my sampling of women by two fold. To make it clear for every additional man you fuck I will need to fuck two women to feel we are even. Of course, you can always not accept this and file for divorce, which at this point will be fine with me. See you in three months or so honey. Be a good girl now while I'm gone."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Worth a three.

Except I had to knock off one star because you're an asshole.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Comments

@Anonymous Re: 1 because of the 'mabye' "No human would come back to a whore like that, sorry." - I think you misjudged he "maybe." I think he was tormenting her with false hope.

@MightyHorny "It's a nice shot to the gut from the MC, but ultimately meaningless, since there won't be much of a marriage to return to, when he comes back." - I think that's the point; he's NOT coming back.

@vietnamvet Re: "Wife's turn in the end" - Um, she already HAD her turn! She's luck that he hasn't YET taken HERs sorry ass to the cleaners when he kicks HER out in favor of some babe, of ANY race. BTW, racist much?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Yeah

Thank you for your service VV but that’s a real dumb comment unless you are a dedicated cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hello Vietnamvet

What a sad little cuckold you are . While you were in Vietnam did you hire a big black stud to keep your slut . Oops I mean wife occupied ? It's sad little pathetic creatures like you that are creating more and more Sluts. Hope he divorces her she gets Aids and you happen to meet her for a fun filled night .

SamanthaSmithSamanthaSmithover 4 years ago
Is love involved in this marriage...?

Trial's over. Verdict is in...marriage is over!

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Well that brought out the punters!

PapaR

Man, who would have thought that your well crafted flash tale of the 'trial separation' plotline would have sparked so many comments..many of whom were polarized positively and negatively. Firstly, your tale did not actually specify that the ta was ever written up as a legal document, merely an agreement devised by the devious slut wife. Nor did you ever indicate that the husband acknowledged his full acceptance of the so-called rules laid down by aforementioned slut wifey. But your readers somehow got so emotionally involved in your flash tale that they inserted their own interpretations of the plot, however misguided. But hey, you sure got folks' attention which for me is a job well done. Power to you, and keep 'em coming!

Sam3501Sam3501over 4 years ago
Good story

I like the way he is getting even with her. But I would have liked the story to have started before she left to be a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A punch line story.

Well told, but not very interesting or satisfying. Why would the wife bother to announce a phony trial separation when she is going to fuck around behind his back anyway? If she just wants to cheat she can, and probably has been doing that, well, since they've been married. He now knows his wife is a liar and a cheat, so why didn't he just meet her with the divorce papers?

What can possibly happen during his trial separation that will change the fact his wife has become a promiscuous slut?

Glad he's no cuck, but apparently he has been for the three weeks his wife has been sampling other cock. Not sure I understand what he hopes to accomplish, other than beating a dead marriage.

chuckysmariachuckysmariaover 4 years ago
@vietnamvet why?

why hate the husband for something he implied to do? why side with the cheating wife? clearly in the story the wife promised to be faithful to their marriage and was mere in a “soul searching” journey. I’m serously asking because I can’t find a logical or moral reason to sympatize with the cheating wife.

I love reading the comment section because it makes me glean on a person moral compass. Sure the story is clear cut black and white. What’s amazing are the people who will find the most miniscule justification to slag the cheated party and ignore the glaring and often time justify the unjustifiable just to excuse the cheater.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Nice Story***

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
dear vietnamvet

please don't try to be smart, because you're not.

just put down the bong, and go to bed

I promise Charlie isn't hiding under the boxspring

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Five not a WACC

Finally a decent story. Reciprocity. But I liked the concept of equal numbers not equal time.

SevMax2SevMax2over 4 years ago
Double standards suck ass.

And wives like Julia can kiss mine. Not sure what vietnamvet's objection to hubby getting payback is, but I don't approve of double standards, period. If the hubby wants to be faithful while the wife screws around, that's his business, but he always has equal right to play the field as her.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 4 years ago
LMAO That was Great!

Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Short and ...

Short, sweet and overdone story. Okay but can you do better?

T.T.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Not sure of the problem

Why would he bother coming back? Maybe just to agree on splitting their assets and signing divorce papers.

Besides she probably came home with a seven year itch, you know the type that needs medical treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Need a downer story

You found it here.

Could not score it as I would score content, not the writing itself.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Well done Pops

I tried my own flash story. Its difficult, hard to be thorough and brief. Plus man the grief you get in the comments. You did great. Thanks. fritz51

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story...

...short and sweet. Well written. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Very good story

Short and too the point. 5 stars.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Perfect!

Exactly as it should be. I’d be interested in the discussion at Barry’s return in 3 weeks. He seems to already know he’ll never trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I just cant believe it

How moronic some people are. Making comments as if these are real people. Paparomantic made them up, YOU Idiots. And you anon posters, man , low I.Q or what. Theres an old saying, best people think your a fool, and open your mouth and remove all doubt. Anons say some of the stupidest things, not just in this story , but others as well

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Good one

You did the entire, satisfying story in one page. Great work.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
Short and sweet

Enjoyed the story, good job as usual Papa.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Go Barry

I hope that Barry finds a Faithful wife ...

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
And Barry returns with a lady on each arm. Dear I need at least another 3 weeks

Enjoyed

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
He won't be back!

I certainly wouldn't be. Deceit and betrayal are the one-two punch that ends a marriage just about every time and she continued her deceit on her return. Why would he come back to her? Amusing story.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Great Story. Time for him to start the divorce.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Nearly perfect little flash story. You can just see her face when she realizes she is busted.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

"But baaaaby, it was only seeeeeeex! It's only yoooou I love!"

hicountryriderhicountryrideralmost 3 years ago

The horizon must have gone through hell.

Still nobody gets over the love of their life in just 3 weeks and shapes often at sunset to go fuck somebody else without a care in the world. It would have been much better in the story if you demonstrated how he worked through his grief if even only 3 weeks it would have added a little more credibility to the story and allowed me to willingly suspend by disbelief.

Altogether rather well read.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Oh yeah! Buh bye bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Exactly!!!!!!!!1

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked his reaction but why take any risks? Just divorce her. He has the report and has had three weeks to prepare.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

I'd send her a pic of my ring finger going up her in her pussy...

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Down and dirty. Karma is sure a bitch 5 stars

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

That's so good that I wish I'd written it! It was tight, direct, and manipulative in the best way. That's a good story!

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

About as good as a flash BTB story can get, deserving of a sequel though.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
good start

next chapter please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He needs be careful depending on her personality he might come back an find locks changed an divorce papers for desertion

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Anonymous 12/07/22

Duh. He ain't coming back to that cheating slut. Let me help you read the (obvious to everyone else) message between the lines. He was leaving the slut. No "trial" anything. Gone. Vamoosed. Thank you, fuck you, bye!

His telling her that it was HIS turn, was his way of slapping her across the face with the fact that her deception was completely transparent and that he knew everything.

Words...as good as a gut punch, without the jail time. Sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meh their marriage is over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There is no maybe

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The story is a stand alone. Any further chapters would completely ruin the tale.

Not sure why the knuckle draggers want more to the story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why is it that white men like vietnam vet are so obsessed with black men's cock that they fantasize about them 24/7.

NOTE: anyone who has been a locker room knows that the mean, standard deviation, and range of black men's cocks is the same as white men's. Sorry to burst vietnam vet's fantasy bubble

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This tit for tat is bs, if a wife cheats its over, and there isn't anything that will restore the love, respect, and honor he once felt for her, it's gone never to return. Cheating is a shitty thing to do but it does not effect men and women the same. Why you feminist ideologists might ask, there are dozens of reasons: MEN unlike women are not guaranteed paternity, the promise of fidelity is the best we can do, seeing as passing on your DNA is such a huge drive, and women don't even comprehend the emotions involved with it being questioned. Women also have way more access to sex, it's easily ten times harder for a man to get laid! Add to that the male urge to spread his seed vs females urge to nest. That is just to name a few but the list is long, and you can't argue with idiots that deny the facts.

Calico75Calico757 months ago

Very good flash story! I believe their marriage is over.

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

I liked it. I fear fleshing it out would make it more typical so enjoyed it as is.

Previous Anonymous is nuts. Cheating by women is worse because men want to spread their seed and women want to nest? Seems like reverse reasoning to me.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

In the real world, get a divorce. No coming back from that premeditated deceit and cheating. She probably banged 7-10 different guys multiple times over 3 weeks. What woman married 23 years would think that would fly? And even dumber, think the husband would not have her followed. Definitely seems fictional.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I loved it! Especially the end.........Maybe!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower2 months ago

Thanks for a fun read! Good job!

Hugo999Hugo999about 2 months ago

A good simple read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPapaRomantic@PapaRomantic
I enjoy writing, but I am new to the erotic genre. I especially enjoy comments from readers telling me that they like my submissions, as well as constructive criticism, so I can become a better writer. All of my works are fiction - just fun for me and hopefully for you! I a...