All Comments on 'The Garbage Queens'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
texquilltexquillalmost 4 years ago

NOOOOOO .... Say it ain't so, JB44. :(

In my opinion, your stories are one of the high points of going to Literotica! I know that hope isn't a plan of action, but I'm going to hope that you get past the lull in pleasure and resume sharing your insights of human nature with us. In case that doesn't happen (or even if you do keep coming back to Lit), thank you for sharing some really great works with us!

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Glad to see you're OK

I was hoping you were, what with the epidemic and all. Please take some rest time if you need to, but remember that you have a lot of fans that still love it when you post new stories. Don't step away for good.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 4 years ago

Another excellent read. I've really enjoyed this story arc and it will be a true Shane to see a decline in your about off writing. That's for all your stories. If you could write a list of your stories in chronological order that would be great.

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 4 years ago
Thank you for sharing your stories

I can understand that you may be burnt out from writing. You have been very prolific and your stories have always been populated by characters I would never have read about otherwise. Stay safe and thanks. If you get the writing bug again there will be people here happy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic story as always! I love your stories and your style of writing. I’m sorry to hear that you are going to stop writing. I will miss not being able to read your stories anymore. Since your last story I looked for a new story each day. Thanks again and best of luck to you!

KinPAKinPAalmost 4 years ago

Glad to see you’re back!

steve1953steve1953almost 4 years ago
Thank you

Please if you stop posting here write a book, I enjoy all your stories.

CSD2CSD2almost 4 years ago

JimBob

If it hasn't been said before, thank you.

You have created a world I looked forward to reading about with characters I learned to love or hate but wish to see what they would do next.

If you retire from this, if the passion is no longer there, I thank you for what you have left us to enjoy.

And I will have a super sparkly good day. Have one yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Big Fan of your work

I really love your work and how the majority of the characters exist in the same universe and that it's mostly canon. You really should post tree of the characters and stories they make appearances like you do at the end of your stories. Also one of things I like about most about your writing is the gritty, ugly, realism of them. You don't try to appease the audience, which has frustrated me on plenty occasions, most notably Yapping Dogs because you should Rochelle maturing and in both the sequels she did some major regression, and I am of the BTB camp. Oh another gripe is the massive age gap, I get they exist, heck my girl is 8 years younger than me, I'm 34 (just turned last month) she's 25 until July, but even for us it gets a little frustrating when we make pop culture references that just go over each other's heads, I can't imagine a one and half generational divide. Fuck it just keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No!

Please dont stop posting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You will be missed.

Sorry to hear that the pleasure you get from posting here has waned. I have enjoyed your stories immensely, and return to read them frequently. I hope that you find similar pleasure in what ever endeavor you do next.

brokedickdawgbrokedickdawgalmost 4 years ago
Another good one!

You keep writing and I'll keep reading.

5 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Say it ain't so

You are by far and away my favourite author here. More than anyone else you've created a believable universe full of extreme but credible characters. You've also got an uncanny sense of empathy.

You'll be sadly missed if you quit.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Great story! Good luck to you in the future.

5

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
You would be missed

One of the best writers on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Another great read

Alberta  AlAlberta Alalmost 4 years ago
Another Good Story

I enjoyed this story as much as I have enjoyed your previous stories.

I am looking forward to part 2. It is too bad that you are not getting the enjoyment out of writing that you used to get. I hope that this changes as I look forward to each of your stories as they are published and was wondering about the delay in publishing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you for all of your contributions

JimBob44, let me simply say that you’ve provided me hours and hours of entertainment, and its greatly appreciated. You have a story telling gift, and you’ve shared that gift with the world. If your own enjoyment has waned, know that what you’ve already shared will be read and enjoyed for years to come.

Here’s to you! And fair winds and following seas...

rockthedogrockthedogalmost 4 years ago

Hey JimBob

Sorry to hear that you lost the enjoyment of writing, and hope you regain it someday. You are in the top three of my most read authors on the site, and I have read many stories more than once. Really enjoy the universe of characters and places you created as so many others have pointed out. Also the eclectic range of categories that you post in. Whatever you do next may it bring you joy.

Thanks for all the wonderful stories!

NHarmzWayNHarmzWayalmost 4 years ago
Saddened

I have read every one of your stories, even those in categories I do not normally read. I anxiously await each new one. I lurk in the comment section and laugh at the people who believe you are not a very good writer because you are able to make sense of southern dialogue... As well as make it believable.

I will truly miss new stories, but I also sincerely wish you the very best in the coming days.

Thank you for all you have given over the years,

NHW

penguinacepenguinacealmost 4 years ago
Thank you for sharing

I have enjoyed all of your stories. I hope you take a break and feel like writing again some day. All the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Your page is still the first one

in my bookmarks that I check every time I come here.Thank you for taking the time to write your stories for us.

Thank you for taking the time to write your stories for us.

MajorDisaster99MajorDisaster99almost 4 years ago
Don't Stop

I enjoy your stories. I can finally use the Intro to Cajun class I took in school.

J/K but I do like your stories.

Storm113Storm113almost 4 years ago
You are a great writer!

Please don't stop. Thank you for your hard work and sharing your world with us.

BigCuntryBigCuntryalmost 4 years ago
Sorry to see you go

But you need to do whatever is best for you. I have read everything you've posted here, some of it multiple times. You have some serious talent. If you stop posting here, I hope and pray you continue to write and post SOMEWHERE! Best wishes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
SAY IT AIN"T SO!!

Another legend bites the dust, as others have eluded to your stories are well created with good characters throughout.

I will definitely miss looking for updates or new works of yours.

Good luck with what ever you have planned to fill your time and may you get great enjoyment from it.

tvlg71343tvlg71343almost 4 years ago

Another enjoyable read ... Hope to hear more then gq part 2

Dougrob0121Dougrob0121almost 4 years ago
Thanks

Just to echo everyone else, you are one of the most respected writers here and given a great deal of enjoyment to many. Not always comfortable reading, but well written.

Thank you

Respect

TiredOldMan502TiredOldMan502almost 4 years ago
This one had it all the JB hallmarks!

Drug additiction? Yep. Blended family? Of course. Teen pregnancy? Indeed. Fighting in a church? It's there. Death of minor characters? Sure. A Horatio Alger found fortune? Uh huh. Sodomy? You bet.

JB, you create some really great characters and spin a good tale. I am sorry you are not enjoying writing as much and I will miss your work. I guess it's time to re-read the canon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Oh Well

All good things must end, or so the saying goes. You have been the main reason for my presence on this site and it will definately not be the same without you.

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Thank you so much for your stories!

For this one, and really for all of them.

"Garbage Queens" has all the warmth, the humor, and the fascinating personal interactions that are the hallmarks for your work--and also an enormous cast of characters, like a Russian novel. Keeping up with all of them makes this saga even more fun than some of the others.

Whether this will be your last story (I hope not) or whether you continue, sincere thanks for all the pleasure you have given your grateful readers. You are one of the bright spots on Lit.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank You!

Thank you, JimBob44 for another great story. I've greatly enjoyed your work over the years. You will be missed!

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962almost 4 years ago
It has been a pleasure

JimBob44, thanks for this and all your stories. I look forward to part two. Hope your break is a short one and you return full of vigor. Godspeed

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

Sorry to hear you’ve lost your passion to write. I’ve read many of your stories, and enjoyed them more than a lot of other writers’ work. You’ve got many fans, but I understand that isn’t reason enough to do anything. Selfishly, I hope you regain your desire to write... but in any event wish you good health and enjoyment of life.

I respect your decision, as well as the fact that you choose to include it in the after story notes. You could have simply stopped writing, but instead chose to respect your fans.

Thank you for sharing your unique style of writing.

LT_BookwormLT_Bookwormalmost 4 years ago

Like others, I am sad to hear of your decision. You have delighted your fans for a decade. Honestly, you've written more in that time than most published authors would in a lifetime.

May your new endeavors bring you joy, peace, and satisfaction.

As for this series, I am enjoying it so much. As a Louisiana girl myself, hearing that Cajun accent in my head is like eating good chocolate. I just hope for his own sake that Todd pulls himself out of his own head to realize he is stringing at least two girls along for a ride none of them wants to be on. But then again, this is small town life for ya.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
10 Years

Boy did 10 years (the time you've been writing here) go by in a flash. You have the rare ability to write in any genre and have a winner. Thanks for hours of enjoyment.

Alba_ReserectedAlba_Reserectedalmost 4 years ago

Sorry to hear your not enjoying writing, I do enjoy your stories so thanks for them!

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 4 years ago

You are one of the best writers on this site by far. I hope you are just going through a phase and keep writing. Great storytelling, great story... you have an amazing gift. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Ricco52Ricco52almost 4 years ago
Sad

Saddened to hear you are losing your enjoyment in writing. I always look forward to you submissions. I was in Lafayette in January for work, and was tempted to see if there was a Tommy’s Po Boys when I was looking for places to eat.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 4 years ago
Sorry to hear the pleasure has waned but

Sorry to hear the pleasure has waned but as a reader it has not for me. I have really enjoyed your tie ins from your other stories. Granted the tie in are an added bonus from your quality of writing - I should say consistent quality. I can’t say I have read every story since a few have not interest me but most have been read. As another commented you have been here 10 years showing your writing muse. I appreciate your time and dedication to writing. I will hold out hope the muse of writing will return and you will share it with the readers here a again. Best wishes on what you will pursue next as a hobby.

While I will wish you to keep writing so I can Keep reading, I can understand.

Many thanks for your body of writing and sharing. I hope the door to this site will always feel open for you to return If you feel like waxing your pleasure (maybe a little swollen again). :)

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 4 years ago

Perhaps instead of spell checker you should read it.

Too many characters pop up at the start with no identification lead ins, or at best partial relationship info. Names pop up making it impossible to actually follow. Characters with similar names makes it hard to easily pick who is who. I wish I could be like most who can read without being bothered about understanding the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you, as always

I have loved most of your stories and read just about all of them. you really put the effort into making them long enough to sink my teeth into and enjoy. I checl back once a week looking for a new submission or to reread an older one I can't remember so well anymore. I hope that you do come back to writing in time, but bless you for all the stories you have written for us so far. And a special thank you for completing the storyline you are working on before taking your leave.

ddrapermadmenddrapermadmenalmost 4 years ago
Thank you Thank you Thank you

It can not be said enough. Thank you for all the time it has taken you to share your stories. Thank you! I hope you re-discover your passion - if not, then thank you for all of the years of great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
your writing is a gift

I understand when you sAy you may not write anymore... you have a gift. I check almost daily if you have new stories and since the Covid crap started not so much (lots of work for me now) ... But still ... I check every few days and your writing is always of intriguing stories and have great (sometimes evil) characters. Your Channel 12 story of Milt and the reality of the entire thing has brought me to it at least a dozen rereads. You’ve got several like that ... I can imagine many being made into a movie, the stories are that good. Thanks Jimbob44, for sharing your gift.

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 4 years ago
Take a break and come back better than ever!

Thank you for a lot of reading pleasure, and some absolutely great stories! "Righting a Wrong" is still my all time favorite, but "Yapping Dogs" is right behind it! The way you tied many of them together with recurring characters made them stand out in the crowd here in Literotica. So thanks again for a great deal of enjoyment!

Bh76Bh76almost 4 years ago

I love your stories and the world you created. You’ll be missed.

buran288buran288almost 4 years ago

Thank You JimBob44

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgeralmost 4 years ago

l tried, read 2 pages... it never made any sense

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
PROPER TITLE

The "Channel 12 story of Milt" referred to by Anonymous (06/14/20) is titled:

On Channel 12.

Another 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Paul in Oklahoma

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 3 years ago
5*

superbly entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story except for the brutality. Those guys need to burn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you keeping Mr and Mrs King the kind big hearted people they have been. It's always hard to know where a writer will go with a story.

It was wonderful to see Kelly have the idea to name a scholarship in Nicole's name. It speaks volumes if the kind of woman she is and proof they are a great couple. AC in SC

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES