All Comments on 'Ten Long Years'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 484 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m not a big RAAC fan, but this wasn’t. Five stars.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

You should be writing film scripts. Your stuff is a hundred times better than 99% of the s**t that I can even stomach to watch these days. Plus, you'd be the darling of the New Zealand film industry. I mean, seriously, the ugliest place in NZ beats every place else in the world.

.

It's about time for a road trip to the most-southern pub in the world at Invercargill. Damn, I love that place.

.

5++++++++/5!!!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Nicely written tale. Who did not see that Dylan was Rory's son? 😉

-

Two thoughts. 1) Based on my limited knowledge, Battered Wives shelters tend not to want to have any adult males around the premises. It could be different in NZ, but, here in the USA, having one at the shelter for 300 hours, especially one who was convicted of a violent act, normally is a non-starter. 2) From the story, I understood that Rory being Dylan's father was common knowledge. Since Uncle Albert had Rory's contact information, for emergencies, why did Albert not tell Rory? It seems to me that would constitute an emergency.

-

Setting aside the two points I brought up, this was a Really nice reconciliation tale, without it being a RAAC. Kudos to the author. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

-

Pasqual

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

The ending was very abrupt and not particularly satisfying. There were quite a few loose ends.

So Rory moved to be with them, but now he's stuck doing a job he hates for the rest of his life? What about the bone carving art as a career?

What really happened with Derrick? Did he drug and rape Skye?

What happened with Shayne? If she was so into Rory that she tried to sabotage the date, why didn't she make a move after Skye went back home?

-

I normally hate reconciliation stories, but I could actually see him getting back together with Skye. It was just a shame that the ending just fizzled out.

cordialddcordialddover 2 years ago

Nice realistic yet enjoyable story. I shuddered when the ex-wife's surprise son came into play--this has become a magic bullet relationship solver in many stories--but you used it as a path, not an answer, which felt realistic. Nothing felt forced as your tale unwound. Thank you for sharing your talent again.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 2 years ago

Another great story.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A lovely story. Loved it. AAAAAA++++++

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

Awesome story, as always. Kept my attention until the end. Easy 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I reached the end of the first page and realised that I was bored and had no interest in what happened to anyone involved. I jumped to page four and noticed it was more of the same: like watching one of the endless, mindless soap operas that infest our TV. It may have been a good story, unfortunately I'll never know. Even the best stories need something to grab the reader's interest, this had nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1 star

Just a bunch of crap and his family are horrible people.

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Really liked this one. Would have liked to have known the reason behind Skye and Derrick though. The only loose string.

thes1thes1over 2 years ago

Nope. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You don't get to decide that you deserve a second chance after a mistake that YOU'VE made. The level of entitlement is immeasurable. Fuck the bitch, fuck the kid. Be glad you left as early as you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As always I take an idea and stretch it right to breaking point...it gets repetitive and boooooring and one looses interest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing to get caught first time. So many cliches, so little story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, but the end was a bit… truncated?

darthnader19darthnader19over 2 years ago

Another brilliant story.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I liked it. I do feel that the threat by the father stands out too much to be a throw away line. It's a significant moment because to Rory it was the final betrayal that pushed him to leave. Did the family know? Anyway, I thought this was well done.

DrPopeDrPopeover 2 years ago

Gosh you can write some utter rubbish sometimes…. This wasn’t one of those times 😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story as usual, bud. The btb lynch mob will hate it but fuck em. Nice one.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Ugh. Going to follow through but it's already falling into the realm of ridicule with the bizarre behavior from his family. When women fuck other men in their husband's beds, it ends marriages. It isn't complicated but his family is acting like she just got drunk and slapped him once.

This is a huge problem with your stories. A total separation from reality at certain points.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Would have been nice to have more revealed about Derrick. Rape through drugging was hinted at.

wolftrapwolftrapover 2 years ago

Hi CG,

Normally I really like to hate your stories and I'm always looking forward to them.

This was was slower - with your usual excellent writing - and romance might have been a good fit as well.

Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to your next stories.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Well written and the story line almost as good. I would prefer some of the loose ends tied up. I do look forward to you work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really a RAAC again ? All the story with the unknow child and father reconnection end like this, pls just try another plot, why they cant be coparent ?

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

Another great story from this author! I guess I'm a lot like the guy in the story - hurt me and I carry the grudge forward. But the example of this story proves that it may hurt two people and the healing of both occurs when one lets go of his "grudge" to feel the love being returned once again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Such a sad ending. The bitch cheated! He did the right thing and walked away, (without beating the crap out of her) despite the unreasonable pressure from her friends (his sister!?) then you spoil it with “Reconciliation”. The world is in the situation it is in now because of people like this author.

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago

A weak attempt to reconcile the skanky activities of another low-life woman! Could it be a female perspective? I see most men wanting this cheating bitch to succeed when she tried to kill her, worthless, self. Nice job selfish woman, in damaging your life, your husband's life and your child's life all for chasing some strange cock, She should have paid a MUCH HIGHER PRICE, women who behave like this DO NOT DESERVE a 'second chance' They have proven they are unworthy and deplorable animals. Kick 'em out and lock the door sothey can't get back in, kids do not need such defective parental examples to follow. This character needed a bit of Saddletramp treatment.

uk_writer_53uk_writer_53over 2 years ago

Personally I think this is one of your best stories. Only comment is that maybe it should have been under romance.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Maybe not perfect, but pretty close. I would have added a visit to Derrick, but that probably would have meant jail time. That question will hound him forever.

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

wow! Wonderful story. 5⭐

It was all there. Everything was natural, so fluid:

Anger - betrayal - separation - divorce - disappearance - continuation - new life - return - reconnection - reconciliation.

You wrote a beautiful reconciliation and not a RAAC for me, which most of the time is either forced or in the realm of the impossible.

Everything was so realistic, so exact in the feelings, the attitudes, the behaviors.

- a woman who commits adultery, who breaks her marriage and hurts her husband. She suffered the payment of her fault: depression, loneliness, guilt ....

- a man who leaves to get away from grief, pain and anger. A man who continues his professional, social, sexual life without living like a saint or a monk, but like a normal man.

In the end, 2 people who made mistakes, who made painful decisions, but just 2 really human people.

no slut, no whore, no wimp, no revenge, no hero, no Saint, .... real, very real characters with their qualities and their faults.

A real success. A real pleasure to read.

I will keep it as a favorite so that I can read it again.

Thank you for sharing.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

Thank you for a quality story. A tad "Mills and Boon" like for me but well told. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not so sure about the forgiveness of the cheating wife ! Looks like a fairy tale !

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Always a solid performance and I enjoy seeing you push your boundaries sometimes. Sometimes you hit big and sometimes you knock it out of the park (sorry - American baseball term). This was one of your better stories. You did an excellent job letting us feel Rory's pain, his loss of his family through no fault of his own. I also like how Skye was able to re-enter his life in a credible way. Only thing missing was the teasing that Derrick drugged her and the readers never finding out for sure. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Read it tentatively, your stories are always well written but usually follow the same pattern. Husband with principles, wife with ‘particular’ ideas. Guys manipulated, beaten down till he eventually throws off his principles and gives the n to wife’s plans

But this time,,the cheating aside - he never did resolve the issues behind her cheating - the story was more believable and all in was a great story.

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Decent.

I wish the drugging issue of the MC was resolved

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good story, but had a difficult time sympathizing with the protagonist. Understand the initial reaction, but he comes across as seriously immature and one dimensional. Not sure why the ex would actually care to reconcile.

Theakston58Theakston58over 2 years ago

Great story! I’d love to see you finish it.

jackie_emjackie_emover 2 years ago

Nicely paced and well developed. No real surprises, since I thought the boy would be his son and he'd end up together with Skye, but still very nice.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

Another great story from Cagivagurl. A slice of real life. 5 stars.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

More incoherent trash from a never-was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely pathetic. Another paean to women who screw around no matter the consequences

perrymichaelsperrymichaelsover 2 years ago

I agree 100% with franceman. Cannot add a thing, at points it had this old romantic with a blurry screen.Ignore Imnotananon. His is a great minority. Obviously he is like Rory was in the beginning.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago
5 Stars

A beautiful Story.

-26thNC Approved

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The “men” in Cagivagirls stories always pay a huge price for privilege of reconciling with a cheating skank. Great writer. Knows nothing about men.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A very entertaining story that I confess I was not satisfied with for a long time. It quickly became clear to me that the boy had to be his son, but I never understood why your protagonist was portrayed as the "bad guy" by everyone. I found the statement that cheating should be a mistake and nothing more than that and that this should be forgiven was even more incomprehensible. That you then developed the story towards a reconciliation is not to my taste, but it is your fantasy. Despite all these inconsistencies, I found the story very well told; and that's the most important thing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enjoyable story, but I wish Derrick had paid the price. Seems like a loose end. That's the BTB'er in me.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

Too many loose ends to fully enjoy it I'm afraid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t usually like a cuck story but if drugs were used then it would not be as bad. I think I would hunt down the asshole and teach him a lesson.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL- talk about trolling. 26thNCuck gave this a five star rating, yet the other day he gave a story that rated 4.83 with 203 positive comments a one star rating. This guy must be missing a screw. Haven't read this story yet, so no comment on story. It makes one wonder if the cucks have a brain at all.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Yes, this is more like it from you. A lovely romantic story divorced largely from the dark side of life. I really liked this tale of yours it tickled my fancy. More of these please and less of those stories of towering angst that just frustrate people.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding!!!! 👊🏼

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this a lot. Well done with a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent writing, thank you for the effort

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 2 years ago

Totally unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ah yes a happy story of Mr pathetic doormat being repeatedly walked all over, and still smiling the dumb smile of a mug.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 2 years ago

Very good story, but the ending was both too short and rather poor. It would seem the Skye was drugged. No way to tell now, but it seems likely.

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 2 years ago

Nice story but 2things.. 1st the rushed ending and 2nd i really though that when he pass by Christchurch he would Met his "friend" and learn why She cheated or what happened at least.

imhaplessimhaplessover 2 years ago

Well written, held my interest, and I loved New Zealand when I visited for a month. 5* from me.

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

I thought more was going to be written about him finding out somehow about her being drugged. Apart from that I liked the story. 10 years is a long time and as is said, time heals all and if he did find out that she had been drugged there would be no concern about her fidelity.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Ignore perrymichaels, he's quite clearly frustrated because he's lost the key to his cock cage.

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryover 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing, beautiful story. 5 stars

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

Thank you for the effort, six pages! But six pages of nothing.

This is literotica, a site for erotic stories, at least that's what I believe. Unfortunately there are way too many unerotic, in fact down right plain tales about ordinary boring people doing ordinary boring things.

As a story this was barely adequate, certainly not erotic. In the end I thought "who gives a fuck!" I think that about sums it up.

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

Good story. Seemed odd to me that after having been cheated on by Skye that he so easily fell in with Shayne for two years with her bouncing in and out of bed of others the entire time. He has no problem with Gillian being the town bike and having a night of great fun with her so casually. Also, the uncle who knew where he lived didn’t think it important to tell him he has a son for ten years?

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

This was a 4* story, but only because there were some plot holes -- at least opportunities that were ignored. First, was it fair or good for an ex-wife, mother and sisters to not tell Rory that he was a father? A father deserves to know that he is one, and a son should know his father. Even though this was such a huge issue, at least for me, I was very unsatisfied that the issue was never raised. There is no way that anyone could not be found -- even governments would use their resources to find a father. Second, the story hinted at the wife being drugged, and her explanation of the event suggests that she might have been drugged. But that issue was never resolved. Third, I really did not like Rory. Even if wife was not drugged and her infidelity was intentional, Rory was still acting like a complete asshole. So your wife cheated. You got divorced. You found other women, and life continued. I really can't stand MCs that go around crying, puking and holding grudges forever. Grow up. Life continues. But then what would we write about?

OlympusMons90OlympusMons90over 2 years ago

Good story, well done.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

5 stars for another great piece of writing.

Hooked

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

The usual caving protagonist, at least there was a build-up, to somewhat in here at least. The Shayne subplot was helluva convinient, but the problem was the Derrick one. You made a scenario which implied a drugged rape situation, which was never really followed up on or was resolved. That's a bad idea at best, lazy at worst.

robinhodrobinhodover 2 years ago

Excellent writing, as we expect from this excellent writer.

Not his usual 5 stars though, as I have issues:

1. Too long. Not enough meat to sustain this length, there was a lot of repetition.

2. Too obvious. They were very clearly destined be be together.

3. Not believable that the family kept him from knowing his fatherhood. When he appeared for the funeral he WOULD have been greeted with an invitation to meet his son.

4. The whole story depended upon his family supporting his wife, against him. I was not convinced.

So, still a good read and 4 stars.

Thank you.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Great job. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must say, though, that I never realized how many readers lead perfect lies without ever doing something wrong or making a mistake that they can’t understand forgiveness. Or, may they’re such screw-ups that’s they have to throw stones to make them feel better about their own lowly state. Don’t waste any thoughts about their useless comments, and stay the course. You write wonderful stories.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Southdown wrote:

.

"She should have paid a MUCH HIGHER PRICE, women who behave like this DO NOT DESERVE a 'second chance' They have proven they are unworthy and deplorable animals. Kick 'em out and lock the door sothey can't get back in, kids do not need such defective parental examples to follow. This character needed a bit of Saddletramp treatment."

.

Skye had to rear Rory's son, alone, with no child support from Rory, for ten years; what higher price should she have paid?

.

This was a good story, and it's scoring fairly highly, but it'll never be a hit among the frequent commenters because there was a reconciliation. Think of all the stories where the cheated on husband says something to the effect that he could have gotten past a one-time drunken mistake; a lot of the readers here say that they couldn't go that far.

.

There were some heavily telegraphed parts; everyone knew that Dylan was Rory's son as soon as the character was introduced. And Rory was written as a total dumbass not to have at least wondered as soon as he knew Dylan was Skye's son and his family had been helping rear him.

.

So much of the first half of the story was written with Rory still outraged and hateful, yet, when the time came, he pretty much turned on a dime; that part needs work. The second half of the story did not match the first in detail.

.

You did do something I liked: you had the possibility that Skye had been drugged, so that Rory could wonder about it, but left it open: after ten years, it would have been virtually impossible to prove, and either Rory got back with Skye or he didn't. He didn't need the 'excuse' of she was drugged.

njlaurennjlaurenover 2 years ago

Interesting, at the beginning I sympathized w Rory a lot, maybe because of my own family. There is nothing worse than having a situation where your own family turns against you. Whatever their intentions, the way they pushed him made him seem like the guilty party and the way they treated him when he showed up for the funeral was pretty bad, that really cuts deep. The dad was a bit of an ass as well, if as claimed his family realized they pushed him too hard,and dad regretted him running off, why did he cut Rory out of the funeral plans?

The one blemish in this story is that they couldn't find him for ten years, that is a stretch. With the internet it is impossible to stay anonymous, and you think the Uncle wouldnt know about Dylan being Rory's kid?

The good of the story is by the end I could process Rory losing his anger and realizing that his family meant well, but really thought he and Skye could get past it. I think the family could have done more in current time to understand why he left, that they had a big part in it, that they made him feel betrayed by them, too. His emotional journey is the readers.

The ending was a bit rushed. One missing point, it was important to Rory to find out why Skye slept with Derrick, yet though it implies drugs may have been involved that is left hanging. The other thing is we hear nothing about his bone carving, he has a job he hates, yet nothing...and we hear he has a daughter, but it just ends.

One puzzlement, it says he moved to Australia yet all the action is on New Zealand. Had he loved at first to Australia then moved back?

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

5 stars, one of the best Cagivagurl stories so far. A pretty decent reconciliation, the woman felt sorrow and knew she messed up, seems like too often the cheater just thinks they did nothing wrong. Minor complaints how the entire family sided against the guy (did like that the mother admitted they were wrong) and the effed up behavior of hiding a child from him for 10 years but overall a pretty good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh my, what a tempest you've raised here! The only thing left for you to do to get even more idiotic "burn the bitch" comments is to write a "February Sucks" takeoff. Just kidding. I always like your stories because they're humane, and human. Thank you for writing.

jaythemanjaythemanover 2 years ago

Thanks for another story. Often you force the betrayed husband to interact with his betrayers. In this one, it was plausible as it was his family and he was there for a funeral. The reconciliation was believable in this one too. She hadn't dated in ten years and seemed very remorseful.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

That was a great 5* story. He managed to get it all back together. Great resolve.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

For someone who can write great your cuck bull shit is getting seriously old.

Evidently you need to stop using your head for baseball bat target practice.

Sadly you cucks are so fucking ill upstairs you cant help but destroy anything good you sad little closeted boys create.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As your stories go , at least in this one the male lead has something of a backbone .

Generally speaking though , I find your characters unbelievable . Why would his family all side so determinedly with her ? Surely they would take a less intrusive approach . How much forgiveness would any of them have for their spouse if they had walked in and caught them at it .

Being pregnant with her husbands baby is another issue . That should have been put out there as soon as it was known .

All in all , with a family like his , he was better off away .... far away

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

Written but pathetically irrational and STUPID...

1 wife knew she pregnant after screwing the Husband's best friend

2. EVERYONE knew she pregnant BEFORE husband left for Australia

3. But while EVERYBODY is screaming at the husband to her back.... no one can find the time to say to the husband.... hey ur wife is pregnant a d the kid could be yours..???

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

Great story

I believe that every story of yours that I have read has been well worth reading and well written.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story was a little far fetched but very loving with a fantastic ending. I give it a well earned 5 stars. The naysayers must be lonely old bitter men with no women to love them. Just sad!

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@Pasqual_Clemente

who does the general maintenance and upkeep, plumbing, landscaping at a battered wives shelter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, thought it sucked. Got away with cheating. Hate these stories.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@Pasqual_Clemente

Who does the general upkeep, maintenance, plumbing landscape at a battered wives shelter?

Wasn't the family told not to tell Rory about his son.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

Honestly I'm always a fan of your writing, it is very good. I'm not always a fan of your stories however, but this is one i like a lot. Extremely readable, entertaining with a very natural flow. Thank you, your work is much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. I am an old Nam vet and helpless romantic. The only nissing piece was why she cheated. From the pic that you painted, I doubt that she cheated, and there had to be be some nefarious going’s on. Great story. I can feel some of my past melting away. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kind of a dud ending. Guy’s stuck in a horrible job to be with his family? How long is that going to last before he says”f—- this.”? Also, can’t believe he’d let the situation with Derrick to go hanging, especially with possibility Skye was drugged. Story has a few holes you could drive a truck through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. My ex did the same, but I don't know how many times she slept with him, while she was living with me as a wife of 22 years. She eventually left me for him, divorced me and married him. I should have know that is what she would do, as that is what she did to her first husband. She hooked up with me, without telling me she was married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do so many blokes in NZ have best friends that screw their wife? Why an't it be some office lothario or a surfing stud?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Hella nice story, Cagivagurl, as usual. Maybe the best writer posting on a regular basis today. I hope you keep that energy for years. Five stars, of course.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 2 years ago

10 years of pain and suffering

family betrays him

ex betrays him

10 years of losing time with his son

and all of a sudden he forgives them all ..... unbelievable

CAGIVAGURL you are wasting your talent on literotica you should be a head writer for HALLMARK

all their stories are unbelievable too

you can take solace in the fact that the cucks will love this story

unfortunately i m not one of those sickos

1* dozens of limp dicks and a couple of buckets of vomit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
A little rushed in the end

And why not do bone carving? So kep writing. 3* because of rushed.

manstergesmanstergesover 2 years ago

You are a good storyteller and that's why I follow you on this site. To me, it makes no difference where you take the plot or how you end the tale, I enjoy the journey. I like your word choice, grammar, and dialog and I truly enjoyed this story. Thank you for your time and effort crafting these works so that we are able to spend a pleasant afternoon even though trapped in our rooms avoiding exposure to Covid.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Hey, turns out you can do a reconciliation story right if you've got the chops for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoy your stories, although I find sometimes that the lack of good editing can make them slightly overlong and difficult to read. This one as a piece of writing was better. It was shorter, it didn't wander and repeat too much. The dialogue fit the story and in the main the characters actions were credible. This was a feel good story and it was nice to see you not torture your protagonist too much. Nice to see he got a good ending. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

I have been critical of some of your stories in the past but this one was absolutely superb.

5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...