Tell You Twice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After leaving the company picnic, Tim had driven 34 miles to a sprawling camp ground in a very rural and wooded part of the state. He had reached an agreement with the owners to be their version of a Swiss Army Knife. His job was to keep the buildings and equipment maintained and running. He was also expected to occasionally serve as a guide for floats down a nearby river or overnight hikes into the local mountains. His pay was a little better than he earned at Ferguson, plus he was given a winterized two bedroom cabin in which to live.

Tim spent his first week repairing or tuning up the motorbikes, four-wheelers, and tractors used at the campground. The second week was spent repairing plumbing and electrical problems in the cabins. He guided two float trips down the river the following week while maintaining the sprawling property.

Tim had lots of time to think as he worked on the equipment. He regretted not seeing Heather as often as he'd like. He grudgingly admitted to himself that he was lonely. He was surprised how much he missed his wife. Mandy was still a beautiful woman with a great figure. It was no surprise Remington was interested in her.

Divorcing Mandy would leave the door open for Remington, but Tim had no control over that. He knew for a certainty he could no longer live with a wife who didn't respect him and had pretty much fallen out of love with him. She viewed him as a detriment to the marriage, rather than an asset.

It was unfortunate that Heather would have a broken family, but Tim felt strongly about being a good role model for his daughter. If he kept taking the shit Mandy was heaping on him, Heather might follow her mother's example and become a ball-busting bitch in later life. It was important she realize men would not accept that kind of treatment. When she found a husband, she needed to treat him with respect. That was the lesson Tim hoped Heather would gain from his failed marriage.

Working outside in the summer was a perk Tim enjoyed. As the weeks went on, he became a leaner, more tanned version of his former self. Whenever he saw Heather, she commented on how great he looked. He let his hair grow longer since he no longer felt compelled to keep it in the short style Mandy wanted. He enjoyed his job and met a lot of interesting people from all walks of life.

He was helping two beautiful young women prepare supplies for a float trip when he saw Mandy's BMW pull into the campground and stop near the pickup he was loading. She was dropping Heather off to spend the weekend with Tim.

Heather jumped out of the car and ran over and gave him a big hug. "Dad! You look all tanned and buff like that. Have you stopped wearing shirts completely?"

"I wear them for meals," laughed Tim as he hugged his daughter. "Heather, meet Kim and Lisa. They're guests here. We're getting ready to go on a float trip on the river. You'll be coming with us."

Heather turned her attention to the beautiful blonde women next to her father. They were dressed in shorts and halter tops, and their tops were full... to overflowing!

"I wouldn't want to interfere with your plans," replied Heather as she considered how her father must be attracted to the beautiful women he was going to accompany.

"It wouldn't be any problem," insisted the girl introduced to her as Kim. "There are two kayaks and they're both made for two people. We have a couple tubes, as well. We'd love to have you. We'll loan you one of our swimsuits if you didn't bring one."

"Thanks! I appreciate the offer but I have my own suit with me. I don't think I could wear a top like yours and keep it up. You both have amazing figures!"

"Don't worry about that. We won't have our tops on for long," responded the woman named Lisa.

"I don't think Dad would let me take mine off. He's kind of old fashioned," replied Heather as she teased her father.

"I don't know about that. He didn't seem to mind when we took our tops off on the trip yesterday. Did we upset you, Tim?" asked Lisa with a knowing grin.

"Not in the least, but Heather will be keeping the important parts covered when she goes with us. She's fifteen, which is far too young for that sort of thing," answered Tim with a grin and a wink to Lisa.

"So it'll be okay with you when I'm eighteen?" taunted Heather.

"You'll be making most of your own decisions by then, so I'd say as long as you're safe and don't wind up all over the internet, it would be up to you," responded Tim seriously.

"Her mother will have something to say about that!" declared Mandy as she moved to stand in front of Tim. "I really don't think she should be going with these two if they're going to be naked. As a matter of fact, you shouldn't either."

"You must be the wife who decided to trade up," interrupted Kim. "Tim's a perfect gentleman, not to mention great eye candy, but we'll keep our tops on if it'll make you feel better."

Mandy had been listening to Kim, but she was looking at Tim. He really did look great. His longer hair gave him a boyish charm while his toned and tanned shoulders and chest were ample evidence he was all man. Had he changed that much, or was he always so attractive?

The two women nodded to each other and then moved to each side of Tim and pressed their ample chests against his arms. That action forced even more tit flesh to bulge over the flimsy tops.

"We'll take good care of your husband and daughter," promised Kim as she pretended to not notice the look Mandy was giving her. "You must be in a hurry. I bet you have some important work to go over with your suave boss."

Mandy's temper flared when she realized Tim had told the women about Edgar. It was a safe bet he made their relationship out to be less than professional. She had an angry retort on the tip of her tongue, but kept it to herself as she returned to her car.

As she drove to the Ferguson Buffers offices, Mandy considered her situation. Her own daughter had asked her if Edgar was her boyfriend the very same day she had been served with divorce papers. Sue Jenson from accounting had suggested that Mandy was free to date Edgar openly since Tim had filed. Even Edgar had been behaving differently since the company picnic. He was now constantly touching her back and complimenting her appearance, along with berating Tim at every opportunity.

Everyone assumed that she and Edgar were either an item, or soon would be. Mandy admired Edgar's success as well as his command of every situation. She admitted to herself that Edgar was a very distinguished looking man, but she had never felt any urge to forsake her marital vows to be with him.

She told herself while Tim was truly an underachiever; he also had a lot of good qualities. He was an excellent father. He was handsome and it appeared he was becoming even more so. He was always respectful to Mandy's parents and other relatives. He was never drunk, didn't do drugs and Mandy was certain he had always remained faithful.

Mandy recalled how her father had been as upset as she had ever seen him when Heather explained to her parents that Tim had filed for divorce. After a few probing questions, Heather explained how Mandy wanted a new house and insisted Tim pay half the mortgage from his paycheck.

"What in hell are you thinking?" demanded her father angrily. "That man paid for the last two years of your college and your advanced business degree. He's the best father I've ever seen. That includes me! He's honest, faithful, clean, neat and he always treated you like a goddamn queen!

"Is that the problem? Was he too easy going? You lost respect for him because he always let you have your way? Is there another man in the picture? Is that it?" demanded Mandy's father with suspicion.

Mandy shook her head in the negative, so her dad immediately turned his attention to Heather. "What have you seen or heard, Heather?"

"Dad felt Mom was way too impressed with the guy running Ferguson Buffers now. She was always talking about him and how smart and good looking he is. He calls Mom a lot. They talk for a long time."

"Now that Heather mentions it, I noticed you seemed pretty enamored with that guy. You mentioned him a few times at our July 4th gathering," recalled Mandy's mother in a concerned tone.

"Dear, have you been unfaithful?" managed her mother before letting out a big sob.

"Mom! Of course not! I've never cheated on Tim and I never would. I just wanted him to be more responsible and work harder to support his family," explained Mandy. "I never stopped loving him. He's the one who filed for divorce!"

"After you drove him to it," spat her father. "You manage to get a good husband and you decide he's not good enough! How much money do you need? I know you draw a damned healthy wage."

"That's not the point, Dad," insisted Mandy. "He should want Heather and me to be proud of him. He's content being a maintenance man! How do you think it makes Heather and me feel when people ask us what Tim does?"

"Wait a minute!" interjected Heather with passion. "I'm really proud of Dad. All my friends think he's the best father possible. They all like him. He's always at all my games and school functions. Don't drag me into this."

Mandy shot her daughter a menacing look before explaining to her father, "Dad, he's capable of a lot more. He's smart, strong, good looking and personable. He'd go a long ways if he just tried."

"I see," stated Mandy's father as he seemingly nodded his head in agreement. "Your husband is intelligent, personable and handsome, so naturally you need to drive him away to enable yourself to find the holy grail of husbands. I bet there are a lot of women out there who would be quite willing to "settle" for Tim's good looks and personality."

"You should see how the other girls' moms act when Dad's around, Grandpa. The single moms have been especially friendly ever since they heard he and Mom are getting a divorce," recounted Heather.

"I'm the real wage earner in the family, yet everyone thinks Tim is the cat's pajamas," complained Mandy bitterly. "He wouldn't look so good to everyone if we had to live in a hovel and eat ramen noodles!"

"Tim brings home more than I ever did. We raised three kids and did okay," pointed out her father. "You just wouldn't be driving that Beamer and wearing new clothes all the time. Your mom had to make do now and then, and she never once complained. She stuck by me, even when I screwed up and did things that hurt us financially. I was the luckiest guy in the world when she agreed to marry me."

"I'm not Mom, okay? I want more than the minimum. One of the things I want is a husband I can be proud to have at my side," replied Mandy even as she marveled at how much her parents loved each other.

At the campground, Lisa and Kim had released Tim's arms as soon as Mandy had driven off. The two women then began laughing heartily. Heather looked at them in confusion.

"Lisa and I are in a committed relationship," explained Kim. "We didn't go on a float trip with your dad yesterday and he's never laid his eyes on our "girls", unless he was peeking through our window last night."

"You really had Mom going," stated Heather with a chuckle. "She doesn't act like a woman who wants a divorce, does she?"

"Your dad's pretty hot, for a man," declared Lisa. "Your mom's an attractive woman, but what's she thinking? Tim's a great guy."

When Mandy arrived at Ferguson Buffers for her Saturday meeting, she was surprised to see the parking lot held only one car. It was Edgar's.

"Where is everyone?" asked Mandy as she entered the meeting room.

"I cancelled the meeting. I notified the others last night. I thought it would be a great time for us to get to know each other a little better."

"Edgar, this is not the time or place for personal matters," replied an annoyed Mandy. "I drove all the way here on a Saturday morning for a meeting you cancelled yesterday? I have things to do at home."

"You said your daughter is spending the weekend with her loser father, so I thought it would be a perfect time for us to connect," reasoned Remington as he placed his hand on Mandy's back and proceeded to rub her shoulders gently.

"I've scheduled us to attend a conference in Chicago in two weeks,

continued Remington. "I thought we could save the company some money by renting only one room. The conference will be Saturday morning, but we could leave Friday afternoon and come back Monday morning. It would give us a romantic working weekend."

"Edgar, this is all so sudden! I need time to think about this," replied Mandy as she struggled to think of a proper response.

"Of course," crooned Remington. "You think it over, but plan on spending that weekend with me in Chicago. You'll love it. I know how to show a lady a good time, if you know what I mean."

Mandy was almost in tears as she drove home. Her life was crumbling around her. Tim felt betrayed, as well as disrespected, so he was divorcing her. Heather was entirely too blasé about the divorce. She had implied that she had only had one parent for some time, meaning Mandy had not been much of a mother. Her parents were disgusted with her treatment of Tim. Everyone seemed to think Tim was a good guy and an excellent husband.

Edgar had just stated his intentions of sleeping with her on a business trip scheduled in two weeks. It turned out Tim was right about him! He had been telling her to keep Remington at arm's length because he wanted to get into her pants.

Tim was having the time of his life. He had escorted two incredibly sexy women on a float trip where they had removed their tops and flaunted their big breasts in front of him. He might even be sleeping with both of them, maybe at the same time! The very thought made Mandy queasy.

If Tim had been able to get over her so quickly, why shouldn't she enjoy being romanced by Edgar in Chicago? He was handsome and very successful. He was the kind of man Mandy had envisioned for a husband. Then Mandy began to worry about what Heather would think when she found out her mother was involved with Remington, especially after all her denials.

Things had gotten complicated since Tim had decided he'd rather be divorced than be married to Mandy on her terms. Why couldn't he just make more money and support his family better? As that thought entered her mind, Mandy remembered how Heather had questioned her about why she wanted Tim to work so hard when she made enough money to support the family.

Mandy's own father had stated that Tim was a good husband and the best father ever. She never realized the high esteem in which her family held Tim. They didn't seem to care he was a maintenance man in the same company where she was the marketing director. Why couldn't they understand how awkward that made things?

Tim dropped Heather back home Sunday night. She came through the door smiling and obviously contented with her weekend. Seeing her daughter so happy caused Mandy to become depressed again. Why was having a daughter who adored her father so upsetting? Shouldn't Mandy be happy about their relationship?

"Is your father in too big a hurry to get back to his big-boobed girlfriends to stop in for a few minutes? It wouldn't hurt if he spoke to me now and then," complained Mandy. "We do have a daughter together."

Heather sensed her mother's mood and decided to keep her miserable. Maybe she would begin to see what a catch Tim really was.

"Dad did act pretty impressed with Lisa and Kim. I know he didn't sleep with them last night because my bedroom door was open and I would have heard him leave and come back in. He wouldn't dare bring them to the cabin while I was there. He knows how noisy you were when you made love. I doubt Kim and Lisa are the quiet, retiring types in bed."

"I never made any sounds you could hear!" replied Mandy indignantly.

"Not in the last year or so, but you used to wail and moan pretty loudly when I was younger," recalled Heather. "I didn't mind. I thought it was pretty cool that my mom and dad loved each other so much."

"Well, I'm sorry if we disturbed you," apologized Mandy. "I didn't realize you could hear me."

"Mom! I was fine with it, really! One time Sarah stayed for a sleepover and she heard you squealing. She thought it was great that my folks were so in love. Her parents are divorced.

"Lisa and Kim were a lot of fun. I really liked them. They treated me like a younger sister and we really hit it off," admitted Heather with a grin.

"Speaking of things coming off, did they keep their tops on at least?" quizzed Mandy.

"It's a pretty isolated stretch of river, so no one actually saw them topless. They were covered up when we reached our stopping point," replied Heather, choosing her words carefully to make it sound like the two beautiful women were topless in front of Tim.

Things began to unravel even more for Mandy during the following work week. One of the most profitable and productive machines on the floor stopped working properly on Monday afternoon. It would run, but the quality of the product it produced was well below specifications.

Agnes Ferguson never failed to attend the Wednesday afternoon management meeting. She had turned the day-to-day operations over to Remington, but she possessed too much business savvy to ignore the family business. She closely monitored the company's production and profit.

After the head of maintenance made his report, Agnes began asking pointed questions. "Why is it taking so long to get number 27 back on line, Steve? It's one of our most productive and profitable machines. I don't recall ever having this problem before."

"We're having difficulty determining exactly what the problem is. The machine runs, but the quality of product coming out isn't up to standards. I've had two men working on it since Monday afternoon," answered the man.

"Is this something new, something that has never happened before?" asked Agnes as she followed up on her original question.

"Not really. That's one of our older machines and it's been known to do this once or twice a year," responded the maintenance man.

"I seem to be missing something in your explanation, Steve. If this is not a completely unheard of problem, why is it taking so long to correct this time?"

"Well, uh, things have changed and the guys are having trouble figuring out exactly why the machine isn't working right," hedged Steve.

"Exactly what has changed to prevent this machine from being back online before now, if you don't mind my asking?" prodded the impatient owner.

"Well, we don't have Tim Larson anymore. He knew that machine inside out. He'd spend an hour or two making adjustments and it would run like a top for a few more months," admitted Steve somewhat reluctantly.

"I see," was all Agnes said as she looked at each person in the room. "I've noticed management has been awarding itself some bonuses this year for improved production and profit. Have any of the people on the floor received any bonuses? After all, they're the ones that are actually making something."

"We have employees' appreciation days when we meet or surpass our goals every month," answered Remington. "We'll have pizzas or even barbecue delivered to the lunch room. The floor people really appreciate the gesture."

"Those involved in the maintenance and production side of the equation get a slice of pizza or some ribs for meeting or exceeding company goals. Management receives generous checks?" asked Agnes rhetorically.

"Mandy, did Tim ever say anything about how much he appreciated the pizza?" prodded Agnes gently.

"You know Tim. He made it one more reason he wouldn't take any overtime. He complained that he'd get a slice of pizza while the office got bonuses. He said it was actually an incentive for him to not work overtime," revealed Mandy.