Sittin’ on Top of the World

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mary Stevens at first had looked shocked. But then she started to smile. I already said how much I liked her smile.

"So....you've become -- at least -- sexually infatuated with Clara Barton, nurse." Now she was almost laughing. A twinkle in her eye.

She asked, "How is it that she got that name? And became a nurse?"

"I'm ashamed to say that I didn't ask her. When we get time to talk, I will ask. So far we haven't talked too much."

"I'm tempted to ask for details. But, no. That wouldn't be appropriate." She tilted her head in a certain way. We were seated in two chairs across a table. She crossed her legs. She smiled. I started to react. This woman was coming on to me. And she looked way different that the grandmother I first saw. I smelled a rat.

I said, "I believe that you're doing a demonstration of something for me. Some way to show me what I experienced. I don't know how else to put it. Well?"

She changed her expression. She looked, if anything, surprised and, if I can say it, impressed.

She said, "That's an amazing insight on your part, especially for a man. You caught on right away. I must be losing it."

"Oh, no. You achieved the desired effect, believe me." I had my legs crossed and was

turned away from her.

"Well, the point I was trying to make, and I guess I did make it, is that you may be especially sexually vulnerable at this time. Prey to women who see an opening. I'm not saying that Clara's feeling for you isn't genuine. I'm also not saying that your reciprocation isn't also genuine, if somewhat one dimensional. But I think you should get to know her, as soon as the two of you can make time to talk."

"I'm sure we'll make time, Mary."

She actually laughed out loud. "You're a quick wit, Joe."

"I do see your point. Clara did say that she always found me attractive, but forbidden fruit."

"But, Joe, I don't want to put a damper on this relationship. As if I could. Still, I want to say that what you've described is way beyond what might be typical for rebound sex. It very possibly is real and lasting. There have been documented cases of extreme sexual compatibility. Very unusual. Maybe because there are more, but not so many get reported. The reason I brought it all up is that I want to try to separate, for now, your new relationship with Clara, from your marriage."

"Why? Isn't the new thing part of my choice?"

"Yes, it is. However, I would like to get to the marriage, as it was. And that may inform your future conduct."

"Okay, I see. Well, we had what I thought was a good, solid marriage. I loved her. I thought she loved me. We raised our kids, didn't argue much. At times -- I'm a trial lawyer -- and at times I'd be working very, very hard. But I always made time for our relationship -- at least sex."

"And, before she left?"

"Just finished a long trial. For about a month, no sex -- for me and her. She was getting it elsewhere. I didn't notice. My fault."

"So, Shelly had her youngest child, her only daughter, leave for college. You were really busy and she was likely feeling old. Maybe that's what happened."

"Maybe. Probably. BUT, she needed to speak to me about it. She didn't. She just decided to marry someone else. Some total jerk, too. A thief, an asshole."

"What would you have done, if she told you she was feeling lost. Or she was being tempted. Or, worse, she had given in to temptation?"

"The first two, I'd have tried to help. Maybe come to you! If she'd already fucked him....too late, I think."

"So, if you stray, you can't stay."

"Mostly. That's real important to me. I kept my promise. Well, until she left me."

"It's a pretty stark line, though, right? What if it was just a one night drunk thing?"

"Same, or maybe not. What was she doing out getting drunk? Anyway, why all these hypotheticals? In real life she did what she did. And it was completely unacceptable."

"Okay. I'd like to continue this...next week?"

"Sure. You're a very interesting woman. Completely unexpected. I'd be happy to see you again."

"That is, if you're not too exhausted." She smiled.

We set a time.

Since it was four, I decided to head home. When I got there, Clara was sitting on the porch, reading. We didn't say too much. Just hi. Then we were upstairs in bed for ninety minutes. After, we prepared a meal, roasted potatoes, spring onion, ground lamb. Spices. Spicey spices. It tasted great. I told Clara about the hearing. We weren't completely naked as we cooked and ate. Almost, but not quite.

"I'd like to have a talk, if we can." I was trying to ignore Clara's naked breasts. She had put on shorts, but no top, for the cooking and dinner.

"Okay. Just a sec." Clara grabbed a t-shirt and put it on.

"Thanks. Maybe we can get some time. We're full of food, dressed. It's possible."

She said, "I assume this is a serious topic. What?"

"I went to a therapist today. After the hearing. I told her about what we had, and how it had just snowballed. She called it sexual hypercompatibility. I believe that just means that we're sexually obsessed with each other. She said it might be a rebound thing, for me. But she actually didn't think that. She said rebound sex wasn't like what I described."

"I admit that I've been curious. About how we can just keep on with this. I'm sore, for sure. But if you dropped your shorts, I'd be on my knees in a flash. It's weird."

"I have decisions to make about Shelly, divorce, all that. She went back to Pittsburgh, but not back to asshole. She said she had a lease, and a job. That was after I told her we were finished."

"Sounds as if she.....maybe will look for something in Pittsburgh."

"I can't say. What I can say is that if what we have here is real, I won't give it up. But it hasn't been long since I was so-called happily married. I'm disoriented. Before I make any permanent decisions, I want to get to know you.....in the non-biblical sense."

"Sounds like a plan. What would you like to know?"

"Everything."

Clara described her upbringing in the suburbs, college and a live in relationship there. That broke up after graduation. She had her nursing degree, and got a job here, met a doctor, married him. He was a gynecologist.

"He was really great at digitally produced orgasms. Orally, too. It was his major talent. I was satisfied with our life, but he cheated. He got it on with a woman from our neighborhood. He wasn't very careful. I found out and confronted him. He apologized, asked for forgiveness. I decided to stay with the marriage.               It was a mistake. About a year later, he was at it again. I got a good chunk of change in the divorce. He moved his practice to New York. I haven't seen him since. It's been five years. I've had some short term hook ups. And I had a friend with benefits last year, until he moved to Thailand. You're not thinking of going abroad?"

"No. So when we met at the gym, how long had it been for you?"

"Almost a month. And that wasn't great. I have a vibrator, though."

"Well, now you have me." I scootched over and gave her a small kiss. I didn't mean to interrupt the conversation. But the conversation got interrupted.

Later, in bed, we continued our talk. She asked about me, and I gave her a fairly comprehensive account of my life so far. She knew a good deal about the last few years. So I focused on early stuff.

And...we actually fell asleep. I guess there's only so much a body can take.

The next few days saw a resumption of our sexcapade, but at a somewhat reduced level.

I went back to see Mary Stevens. She asked about the new relationship. I told her that the sex was great, but not as constant. I also told her that Clara liked baseball, and knew a lot about it. I described our discussions about our prior life. I told her that I thought it would take a long time to really know Clara. But I also told her that I wanted to try that.

Then we discussed my marriage in further detail. Mary said that it would also take time for me to sort out my emotional reaction to what had happened. Then she asked me about my feelings toward Dr. Connor. I realized that I hadn't focused on him that much. When I did, I got angry.

"My feelings can be summed up in a three words -- 'drawn and quartered.'"

She smiled. "I always liked that phrase, but such barbarism."

"But how I feel now. As a concept, drawing and quartering has definite appeal. I assume they did it with a live person -- to start."

"Oh, yes."

"Now I'm wondering how you know so much about it."

"We're not talking about me. I am a normal person with emotions, which aren't relevant here." She was still smiling.

"You know, if it wasn't for Clara, I'd ask you out. I know you did that thing on purpose, as a demonstration, but it was extremely effective. Just so you know. Actually, I believe that you did know."

"Yes. I have always had a talent. If I wasn't seeing you as a patient I might use it on you. But now that's verboten."

We ended our session. But I made an appointment for two weeks off.

I had Shelly served with the divorce papers. She had a lawyer, and the divorce went smoothly, since there were no minor children. It took about eight months. Shelly was still in Pittsburgh. I spoke to her occasionally, on the phone. She told me she was dating. And I told her about Clara. Shelly was subdued when I mentioned that.

"That girl always wanted you. I could see it. I'm such an idiot." She was steaming.

As for Clara, she moved into the house with me. I had bought Shelly out. Our sexual compatibility settled into a true pattern. I told her that I loved her, and that I'd like our relationship to continue. I didn't want a marriage -- having been burned.

Clara had no children, and she wanted them -- at least one. We discussed it. She was thirty-seven. I was kind of frozen about the whole thing. One day she told me that she'd stopped the pill. She knew I was conflicted. But after she stopped the pill, she simply fucked me into submission. And I was happy as ever before when she announced that she was pregnant. I knew that she'd get knocked up. It made the sex even more exciting for me, and for her. I would never have believed that possible.

Our daughter Linda was born, a few days after Clara and I tied the knot in the chambers of a judge I knew well. Her parents, my parents, my kids. That was all.

Shelly did remarry -- a pediatrician from Pittsburgh that she met at a convention in Dallas. Go figure. I hope she's happy. She made a stupid mistake, and I still blamed her for it. But it all worked out so well for me. How can I carry a grudge? (Well, maybe a little.)

As for Connor, I did nothing about him. He did it all to himself. Last I checked he was bankrupt, his license to practice was revoked, and he was working at a gas station in Johnstown, Pa.

Clara and I have two children -- Linda and Steven. (After her dad, who's a great guy.)

The compatibility never ended -- so far -- and I now believe it never will.

Well don't come round, holding out your hand

Gonna get me a woman, like you got your man,

Now she's gone, but I don't worry.

I'm sittin' on top of the world....