All Comments on 'Sittin’ on Top of the World'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
shopratshopratover 2 years ago

I liked it a lot. I think this is the best of your stories so far. It felt like it could be real. Nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why is it, husbands on this site can't keep their wives happy in bed, but turn into studs and man whores when the wife leaves them?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Great plot, and the story flowed like warm honey. Also, the smattering of lighthearted moments offered an effective and vibrant counterpoint to the obvious darkness. Nice, nice, writing! Your storytelling voice is always a joy to 'hear'. Also, bonus points for authenticity. 5+++/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This writer started ok…but slowly over the past three months or so he has become a very disgusting writer bordering on cucky or totally haphazard behaviour!

This story was also as pathetic …

A man who is shocked by his spouses desertion does not in a space of a few days start pursuing another woman.. it does not work like that… it just shows that the hubby also was a wandering eye… must have been fucking around himself and paid no attention to Shelly for a long time forcing her to also go truant

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Well this went off the rails starting on page 2. This started so well and swerved into one humongous cliché.

He gets the best friend. They are immediately sexually compatible oh and they are soulmates. Excuse me while I vomit in the corner. That you couldn't recognize the obvious hypocrisy between the husband and wife is astounding. Oh sure, you had the marriage counselor caution him on mercenary women but please, that interlude only existed to validate your preposterous moving on to the "real love of his life." This was the drizzling shits.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Great interpretation of a good song. Liked the characters you created too, made for a good and uplifting story. Well, you can't get much higher than the top of the world.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Fuck the bitch that burned you and who cares if she is happy or not

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

It's strange, but here there's a good story going on, and then the writer thinks, 'Wait, this is Literotica- I've got to throw in some sex.' And it just doesn't WORK. He hates his wife, Shelly, and by association should not be too fond of her friends, the ones who didn't share with him the facts of her cheating. But, the closest friend Clara looks good in Spandex, so.....

Sorry, not buying it.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed that one. It's always uplifting when the betrayed husband meets someone new.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Given the situation written into the plot, how could any author think this is plausible: "If she walks in right now, and apologizes, maybe we can go to counseling. The more time away, having sex with another man, living as husband and wife with him...well, you know."?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shelly screwed up, big time, and Joe found the love of his life. That lady gave him, not 1, but 2 children.

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

It gets found out in a court that the guy tried to commit fraud but nothing happens? Yeah, sure.

imhaplessimhaplessover 2 years ago

Never heard of "sexual hypercompatability" before; would sure like to experience it (ha, ha). 5*

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

excellent, glad it was one of those super cuck stories. The wife leaves fucks the guy has his baby and comes back to the ex-husband's open arms. He moved on to a hotter younger and loyal sexy woman. Good for him.

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

Good read. Only problem is the end where the Dr. ends up in a gas station. Come on, don't insult my intelligence. Hit him with Karma or some other shitty thing but a Dr. working in a gas station?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very nice. A solid 5. And a welcome break from the polyamory of too many of his stories. This one was a pleasant ride, and a nice appetizer for what will be today's main event - a new 7-pager from lover1953. Batter up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another entertaining tale from Demander. And, of course, yet another tale featuring a victim of tne Martian Slut Ray 🤗

.

There are only so many ways to deal with stupid. Hubby in this story did a good and fair job. That he almost IMMEDIATELY fell into a perfect sexual and personal relationship with Clara is what is known as writer’s license 😎. Over the top…but hey, we all like a fairy tale ending at times. Now the flirtation with tne counselor was maybe a bridge too far??

.

4 solid ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It read as if a high schooler wrote this.

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppyover 2 years ago

I dislike stories written in the First Person perspective. My eyes glaze over when they write "my name is...". If you are writing in the First Person perspective, your readers don't need to know the characters name. I immediately stop reading when the author regurgitates an extended litany of inane, biographical trivia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Talk about falling into clover. He shoots, he scores. Fun read, thanks. 5*s.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Except for saying he was upset a few times and cried, I felt an almost upbeat mood during the whole story. "Yeah, i moved spryly and decisively from one encounter to the next. My cock stayed hard and I loved using it."

Entertaining though.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

Re: abctoy's commdent: Don' t doubt so quickly. I personally have a second cousin who was a doctor and is now an over the road truck driver. Seems Uncle Sam doesn't smile on false Medicare claims, no matter who files them; Doc is still responsible.

Demander, you can still come up with a good story and then kill it with your writing craft. You really need to work on that. cd

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"I'm leaving for a time. I don't know how long." - Well, HE knows for how long! Permanently! She tells her parents this guy is her soul mate, but she doesn't know if she'll be staying with him? Why would her parents think she might go back when she's found her "soul mate?"

\

I'm possibly going to try to have her arrested for that." - Joint account, they have equal rights to the money, until a divorce court says otherwise.

\

"We're not supposed to talk to you about that, Joe." - You're also not supposed to cover for a cheating wife, even if she is your daughter.

\

"I had him look into how long Shelly had been intimate with Connor." - How can he find that out? I'm sure they weren't making announcements!

\

"just think about your life with her" - WTF? Maybe SHE should have thought about her life with him.

\

Clara's too much of a friend to Shelly to warn him about Shelly's affair, but that doesn't stop her from taking him to bed?

\

"Joey, I'm in love with you." - She barely knows him!

\

"The verification method -- an email -- had also used that computer." - That's normal, the key is whether the verification email is tied to the account.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 2 years ago

Another great story by Demander. Glad you keep writing. Thanks for the story and the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

that was abrupt. good stories have good final thirds and endings too.

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Loved it

Not a cuck in sight

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

The best revenge is a life well-lived, this was solid.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Wife wanted to trade up and failed abysmally, she truly fucked up completely and gave her man away. She got what she deserved. I am starting to really like your stories.

5/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Entertaining at all levels! Were tere holes, yes, but pretty damn good! 5*

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

I know this does happen in real life but I can’t imagine raising two kids to college, divorcing, remarrying and doing two more. Hyper sexual compatibility sure does sounds like fun!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

He kicked a heavy bag over a fence? Was his father’s name Joe-El?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

LOL! The multiple sex scene, in his 40s? Yeah, his father really was named Jor-El!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good. Thanks for the effort. Does beg the question, how could the wife be that blind to the assholes true character? She must have been drugged the first fuck, then decided his cock was worth the sacrifice. Her second marriage won't last, she's just too fucked up. The husband should send her a thank you card on his wedding day.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Enjoyable effort. Not one of your best to date, but not bad.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 1

Hell with his daughter, his wife and his in laws.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Page 1 ok. Page 2, especially the Clara part, just stupid.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Well that was weird and fun.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Well Shelley was clearly too stupid to be allowed to reproduce. Showed as well in her daughter and her parents.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Maybe not a btb but at least a little karmic payback involved. I don't think wifey missed him at all after losing her soulmate. I hope he rubbed his new kids in old wifey's parent's faces a lot. And that at least the son wrote the slut out of his life. The daughter is too "hip" to cut mommy off. And lastly, let's hope the ped doc is a serial cheater.

HargaHargaover 2 years ago

This story just doesn't make sense. The wife cheats because she was being neglected and wanted the attention. Who wouldn't? The husband is pissed, as anyone would be, and proceeds to shag the hell out of the first female he comes across. If he did that to his wife she probably wouldn't have strayed. Both are stupid and at fault for their marriage exploding. Even pissed, if this guy really cared about his wife he might take what he learns about her affair, and that she was being used by a scumbag, and maybe consider it from her stand-point. This guy is kind of a douche anywise shagging the first women he can and then even making google eyes at his therapist. She was probably better off getting out some what clean.

.

Cheers

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

****Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What kind of drugs are making commenter "Harga" so out of touch with reality? Not a damn thing in that comment makes sense.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

What happened to the bank the asshole doc "wholly owned?" Was it part of the gas station where he was working?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Escape

Among other issues, how in Hell does Conner leave the courtroom where it becomes clear that he has tried Grand Larcency?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ha!

Harga, if that were true the change of life would snuff out every marriage, 100% of them. Some people actually stick by their spouse with or without sex. One month. Lmfao what a pig

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

yep if someone they say found their soulmate set them free.

no matter what you do they don't want to stay.

again pure fantasy finding Cara as sex soulmate too.

thanks demander. this is times better than cuck stories.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good story Demander. You can really tell one when you turn it loose. I enjoyed this one.

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

ha ha ha ... fucking pigs, what are you gonna do? lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It took about eight months. Shelly was still in Pittsburgh. I spoke to her occasionally, on the phone. She told me she was dating.

She was dating? Made a massive mistake when tricked by a thief. Great time to start dating f0rmfirst time in 20 years. How silly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Way too much sex; was this to benefit you?

The mother always want reconciliation totally ignoring her sons pain.

I am coming at this from the perspective of a reader that, presumably, you want to read your work.

Your main character had zero emotions about the matter.

Should have contacted an attorney right away so as to protect interests from her.

The woman NEVER come to her husband with her issues.

My opinion but try to address these issues in your writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

???

Can't understand MC who can go a month without sex.

76 and still not happening.

Have acquaintances and friends in 80s who still have sex weekly.

???

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 2 years ago

Without a doubt one of the best BTB stories published in this site. So manly, so enlightening, so passionate in living life rather than lying down crying and crying for dead marriage. Glad he found happiness and was able to build a new family. Don't care much what happen to Shelly's life after she left. She may well be happy; she may be miserable, or in-between. It wouldn't make any difference to Joe after the breakup. Thanks for the story.

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

It always amazes me how someone can fall in LUST and throw their entire life away. Enjoyable, but a depressing story and outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

See? If he wasn't so fucking rich the doc would've passed over his wife and he would still be happily married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A typical ho hum story not exciting not breathtaking

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for writing.

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 years ago

Love the story. Thank you. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sittin' on Top of the World was a hit for Super guitarman, songwriter and singer, Jerry Reed. Shelly was a slut that thought she found greener pastures. Conner was a sleezeball doctor. They both should have had a torturous existence. Clara loved him, and was his wife before she legally became his wife and then gave him 2 children. Nothing is bad enough for slut Shelly and sleezeball Conner, including being hit by a bus!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What started out as a good story was completely ruined by the preposterous and utterly unbelievable sexual olympics between Joe and Clara. Would also have liked more suffering for Shelly and her 'soulmate'. As for the therapist hitting on her patient, just don't even go there.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

It began as a plausible story and then disintegrated. If the writer of this fantasy knew anything at all about the devastation and emotional wreckage caused by infidelity he’d have more sense than to morph directly into this earth shattering sexual marathon that instantly turned into true love! It marked the end of the story and I found it nauseating. so many authors in this section of Literotica seem obsessed with their “Hero” immediately rebounding and engaging in life altering escapades while the terrible offending spouse is of course left in ruin and degradation . It probably feels like some sort of vindication, but it so often, like in this case, becomes a virtual x rated cartoon.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 1 year ago

Well that was quite satisfying. I did hope that he would have banged his therapist, or had a threesome with her and the new woman! BTB, she burned herself! Five 🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Long buildup, short ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good start. Hard to give a 4. Nothing on the wife and thief. A sequiel el could possibly save it. End, no issue - it's just the 1st half if story... no middle, no ending.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 1 year ago

Just a thought here, "I might be back" could possibly work for a hookup, maybe a week in Vegas, any number of short term sprees. But moving to a new city, getting a new job, well that's just a poor attempt at monkey branching. I don't think a trial lawyer would go for that.

The thing with Ms. Barton though, seems like a poor way to find spouse number two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not very realistic, but a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“Later he told me that he almost dialed 911.”

A friend considered calling the police because you got enthusiastic punching a bag that’s designed for it?

Who even thinks to write that line?!? This author is weird-doesn’t see the world and people in a normal way. Is demander mentally ill?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too much too quick!

Story But Way overdone!

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[18.11.22]

11/10!!!!!

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

I thought doctors were suppose to be smart. What kind of doctor would marry her?

schulz777schulz777over 1 year ago

Another stupid story about a weird husband and ppl around him. Poor writing

2 starrs

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

You need to take the time to really develop your characters. This was sloppy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not enough against Connor. That would have happened even if they didn't cheat.

TracklTracklover 1 year ago

It started really good, but then... All the actions were like wham bam, done. Clara and Joe fell for each other in a matter of hours, Shelly and her betrayal become history just the same way. Too abrupt.

4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agree with Trackl. Interesting start, basis for a really good story. And then just a fuck-fest. A good one, but...

🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

2nd half was at best lukewarm. What happened?

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

This story asks a great deal of the readers' willing etc. It simply isn't believable that a man would suffer as badly as the MC did when his wife left him, then be so easily drawn into an Olympian orgy and lifetime partnership by a spandex-clad derrière. He should have nixed the spandex; after a couple of therapy sessions, divorced his wife, waited the requisite interval, then started slowmancing Mary Stevens, the most interesting character in the story.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy8 months ago

Very like-able MC

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Reading this story is like reading a list of bullet point notes.

It merely a list of actions and a few conversations. There is no meaningful attempt to develop the characters, there is no attempt to portray their emotions, nor the cause of those emotions.

Its like listening to the highlights of a football match rather than actually being there and seeing all the plays, the off ball play, the misses and the mistakes that make attending a match so much more fulfilling.

ARW

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This guys middle name must be "Kong" if he was able to kick a heavy bag across a fence.

Chimo1961Chimo19614 months ago

Do you have anything besides “soulmate”? Get a thesaurus ffs. Every story the same crap.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well told tale. No problems with the vocab of the principals. It is appropriate for the characters and their circumstances. Five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous