All Comments on 'She Loves You'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 291 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a stupid story

So the happy ending for the MC to raise 2 bastard daughters with a hoe that already cheated on him?

Who the fuck writes this shit

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
This story out a smile on my ugly continence

Great to have HDK back writing. Here’s a proposed epilogue: Faith was accepted into the Air Force Academy and is now a pilot. Charlotte married a young rancher and is pregnant with twins. Angie and Blake never remarried, but had three more children, two boys and another daughter, that they raised up on Blake’s ranch.

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

Abrupt ending, and Blake seems to be a bit of an idiot, having to ask about Charlotte's sperm donor three different times.

Overall, still pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, this is a departure from standard HDK fare. There's not much of his usual irreverent humour and reads more like a Lover1953 type of story. I'm very impressed, though and HDK has demonstrated that there is more than one string to his bow. Top notch, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 stars would have been 5 until the abrupt ending in fairy tale happy land. Too much baggage in their relationship just magically went away. What you wrote was great and pulled me into the emotions and heartbreak then puff magic wand Blake is Super Man and Angie is forgiven and welcomed into Montana.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story. Many twists and turns that were believable. Will be looking forward to more tales from this author.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 1 year ago

5 stars!

Yeah, I know: there will be the 1* fag cuck shit comments, but that wasn’t what this story or contest was about. Excellent work.

amyyumamyyumover 1 year ago

You're an old softy -- finally exposed (ha, ha). Great story; 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful! Realistic grappling with pain and regret. Characters complex, not like a cartoon. I always enjoy your stories and was very glad to find this new one today. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Couldn't get past the idiocy in the grocery store with the two women and Blake. It was farcical, silly and kind of pathetic. Too much sophisticated, modern, eastern woman stoops to engage the naïve bumpkin--very much like a bad TV sitcom. Blake's character would never allow him to put up with that. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I knew better than to read this. What a horse turd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just one more page would have made this a 10 rather than ‘just’ a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Messed up the names too many times. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What did I think? Shambles! One must remember, this one IS a fantasy, way out in the "submarine driver" league.

If everything can be this simplex in real life.. or can it?

Top dollars HDK, a further Kudu to your prowess.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 1 year ago

A 5* classic. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great storyline. keep the names straight!

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

As usual a great story.

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

Nicely done, very entertaininng and even struck an emotional chord or two

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Other than the ending being too abrupt, it was a wonderful story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

One of your best stories!

5

DruisiuilDruisiuilover 1 year ago

You're better than this mess

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Love the ending, says far more than writing about Blake's and Angie's night.

Another great story. Thanks.

5⛤

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 1 year ago

This story was quite corny, and corny is not to my taste and yet -- I loved it. Well, maybe it's the influence of the holiday season or something. I just wish Blake was more macho, you know? Angie could be prettier, while I'm at it. Faith and Charlotte could stop all of their bickering and petty jealousies, too. Still, it's your story, and if ever a story merited five stars, it's this one. Angie will have to tamper down her moaning until Blake's hands recover and he puts better soundproofing in his bedroom. Girls have sensitive, big ears, you know. Five stars, obviously.~~JB

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

is it normal that he asks 3 times the same question about the absence of Charlotte's father??

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really loaded up on estrogen.

Danielle Stell took ownership of HDK.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

This was a good tale thank you, your work usually is although there were a couple of repetitions that were a little odd. The whole story was just so different for you, didn't forget which hat you were wearing I hope 😂

K.K.K.K.over 1 year ago

Another enjoyable read from one of the best.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

This was a good tale thank you, your work usually is although there were a couple of repetitions that were a little odd. The whole story was just so different for you, didn't forget which hat you were wearing I hope 😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good read as usual - 5. Felt like Angie made out better than she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Miserable editing for a story from one of my favorite authors

Three times, Blake asked about the status Charlottes biological father as if he hadn’t already done so.

Sloppy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A little reconciliation every now and then is good! Nicely done!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 1 year ago

Wow! HDK has always been a stand-out author but this story is exceptional. I only wish I could give it form than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Blake's lawyer got back to him several days later with the news that Angie would have the baby tested after it was born. "

There no need to wait until the baby's born. These days paternity of the baby can be determine as soon as 8 weeks into the pregnancy using a Noninvasive prenatal paternity test. This test analyzes fetal DNA found in a pregnant woman’s blood during the first trimester. Free-floating fetal DNA combines with the mother’s DNA by passing through the placenta into the mother’s bloodstream. A lab specialist compares the fetal DNA information gathered from the mothers blood to a DNA from the potential father’s cheek cell sample.

mithanialmithanialover 1 year ago

That was a fun story very much thanks for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

There are always naysayers if they don’t get what they want or expect. I am not one of them, however. I enjoyed the tale, which I thought was going to be a “rise from the ashes” plot until the 2nd wife died. The two young girls bringing people together was unique to what I have read here over the last decade. I usually like btb better than reconciliation, but by the time you ended this, I didn’t dislike any of the characters around at the end.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

Damn HDK, you got this old farts allergies started again. Eyes weeping and nose running just like at Spring time. About 1/3rd box of tissues. Great story, most enjoyable.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 1 year ago

Best line of the story: "totally destroying a small but productive meth lab."

.

LOL!

.

Maybe you should be writing romance movies for the Hallmark Channel.

.

Blake was, of course, a little bit too perfect. Completely handsome, tremendous, ripped physique, and a local hero. Angie was great, but still flawed. Did her years without Blake constitute enough punishment for the BTB crowd?

.

A lot was telegraphed, but that happens in these romance stories. It could have gone down the road of having Angie and Charlotte heading West, and then Angie being the one killed, while Charlotte was making noises about the man who was supposed to be her father, and then Blake, Beverly, and Faith taking Charlotte in.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Anonymous below is some sort of a weakminded little boy who fantasizes about his hatred of women. Kind of the definition of an incel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! However you should have utilized a editor. I realize you are one of the best authors on this site. Possibly a charter member, but most authors occasionally have a blind spot when re-reading what they've written. Love your work, 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've adopted a new technique on this site. I find out who cheated on page 1. Then I look to see if they reconcile. Depending on the answer, I skip the middles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought it was a great story. Thank you for writing.

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

The setup on this was well done, I enjoyed the timeframes involved as life moved forward. I felt for Blake at each step along the way. I also enjoyed that Angie owned her mistake and came with the attitude that she would not earn forgiveness from Blake.

From a reconciliation point of view, I believe it worked well. I agree with vanye below though that the ending was perhaps a little abrupt, however, I can see how the rest would play out.

My favourite story of this anthology series so far. Well done HDK!

markellymarkellyover 1 year ago

Loved it. Thank you for writing this. It kept a smile on my face, all the way through to the end. Especially the end.

Thank you so much.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I absolutely hate convenient spousal death plots as a solution to create the ending the author seeks. It's cheap. It's contrived. It lacks any semblance of originality and artistic challenge.

Unfortunately, I am entirely unsurprised. Laziness is always a given.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Oh and an abrupt ending with no real resolution. How surprising. Its not like this is something new.

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Great story, HDK! Good to hear from you again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Seriously?" screamed Charlotte in delight. "I'd love to live with you and Charlotte." BTW, 5*

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I flat loved that ending. Well written, as usual, story with interesting and likable characters. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

9The broken wrist trope and the numerous coincidences were rather blatant. The dynamic was interesting. One easy fix would have been to have Angie be FROM Montana. She could still have been obsessed with success and D.C. and talked him into moving. If you took a little more time, made Angie's mistake a tad more complex, explained why Faith's extended family didn't have Thanksgiving with her and her adopted dad, gave the couple a bit more time to find a reasonable reconciliation, then this could possibly be a standout. As it is, I like it even though it feels like you rushed to meet a deadline.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Heavens above, how do you endure some of the commenters? Laugh?

The redemptive story arc, the changed ex-wife who took responsibility for her behavior, and suffered for her cheating, the two beautiful children, the loving in-laws, Montana! So much to enjoy here. This might be one of your best! Thank you.

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Thank You for a new HDK love story. Keep 'em coming !

greenday0418greenday0418over 1 year ago

You still got it, HDK.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

HDK can usually be relied on for a happy ending. Not enough for Mr. Anonymous, though. He wants blood to flow, preferably including that of innocent children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding one of the day I have ever read on literotica

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5*

anon.1

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

It was pretty obvious when Beverly died he'd get back with Angie, the only question was how, and I thought it was handled well.

\

I know she was just a child, but Charlotte should know that if Blake was her father, she wouldn't be her.

\

"I'd love to live with you and Charlotte." - That should be Faith.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Nice twist. Yes, he did ask about Charlotte's biodad a few too many times and the author did confuse the names Charlotte and Faith at least once at the end, but it's still a good story about young girls bringing two wounded people back together.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 1 year ago

How did Blake get picture and video of the boating "action" within a day of it happening?

.

And, the clock ran out before the writer finished so he submitted an incomplete work. (Lit will let him resubmit / replace his story with the finished version.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How come 10 yo children act and talk like adults?

012Say012Sayover 1 year ago

Outstanding. Unique way of reestablishing a family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story feels rushed compared to other great HDK tomes. The dialog stilted and sterile. Faith and Charlottes' dialog seemed too "adult" and robotic. Still the story development was unique and interesting. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pleasant, gentle, slice of live. Great twist at th end,

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I see someone hates this but I loved it. Time heals a lot and forgiveness is a divine thing. I don't always agree with reconciliation but in this case it was perfect. Also nice to see HDK writing again.

rnebularrnebularover 1 year ago

A good story but there were several errors that I'm not used to from HDK. We're all human and it wasn't very distracting, just felt like it might have been rushed. Thanks for sharing.

CharetteCharetteover 1 year ago

As someone who has also literally buried their love, it's true that it puts a lot of things in a different light, especially if you lost "her" at a young age.

That whole "Oh, my wife/girlfriend is soo demanding/nerdy because she does this or that" whining, while you yourself would love to sacrifice everything to experience just this one more time....

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

Didn't enjoy that at all. Which is unusual for one of your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As always you write a very good story. And you touch on real probs and real feelings. Please dont stop writing.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Ending

Could have been better a interesting story.

BladdddddddBladdddddddover 1 year ago

I liked the concept. There was too much repetition in the dialogue, and characters spent too much time explaining things that should have already been known. That made it hard to get into.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the fool who called the girls bastard daughters. I think your a bitch!

Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance in life if they truly own up to their mistakes.Your mistake was breathing...You've got a lot of pent up anger and I suggest therapy...This was good writing, a good story and teaches compassion, humility,and forgiveness..Truly a good story!

carindenniscarindennisover 1 year ago

You gotta make me cry too get 5 stars 🌟,

and you lost a point for all the tips and wrong names,

But you are still on my "favorite authors" list and this was a durn good story.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FYI, Montana State does not offer a Forestry program, that nationally acclaimed title is offered at University of Montana in Missoula. Other than that, good story and loved that Dallas Cowboys were losing by three touchdowns!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this story. I'm usually not into reconciliation stories, but this one made sense. I thought the end was too quick.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

When a man loves a woman, he sometimes does strange things for love that don’t make a lot of sense to those around him or to our readers. In this case, where love was thrown away, it takes many years, heartbreaking loss, and a bit of a Parent Trap vibe to give it a second chance. I’m not sure if I’d have ended up in the same place as Blake at the end, but it was a good resolution for him and all three of his girls. Thanks for being part of Randi’s event.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very unlike hdk to have so many instances of name mix up in a story, other wise good story

steppinontoes

green117green117over 1 year ago
To answer the first idiot anonymous,

HDK, the fuck, writes (and wrote) this shit.

Anyway, I appreciate HDK's work when it is the traditional stuff... and the more exploratory stuff too. This doesn't mean I have no qualms or critical comment...

Not that I am the god of this playground, but I did kinda think that the tone of this one was a bit Hallmark (c)... comedic elements tend to moderate the stomping around and declaiming thing. I did think that the clarity of the depiction of the sins of the Angela character, coupled with the "there are worse things that could happen" denouement was good, and something the aforementioned anonymous might consider.

I am starting to wonder about HDK's fondness for young girls... but only in a healthy, Hallmark kinda way.

Perhaps HDK is raising one IRL?

Anyway, thanks for the story -

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story until about page 4 when you seemed to get bored with it. Very abrupt ending.

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

High quality FCS, well done. 5*

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Nice story but the ending is rushed and not very convincing.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

not finished reading but,

I did catch this ; When the baby's DNA was compared to Blake's, it was determined he was not the father. Angie was devastated.

Reluctantly, she contacted Rick to inform him that he had fathered a child with her.

Sounds like something is wrong here. Otherwise so far so good.

TracklTracklover 1 year ago

Agree with the previous comment. Even if Angie is the most remorseful person in the world, it was too much to just forget.

Something like Blake telling her that he can try again, but Angie will always be the second one in his heart and her acceptance wouldve smoothen the ending. Kinda promising, kinda bitter at the same time.

So yeah, 4 out of 5, liked the story, 'cept the ending

AethurAethurover 1 year ago

Decent story. It has some real issues that an editor/beta reader would have caught.

1. Blake asking about Charlotte's father three times was two times too many. It's like he forgot he already asked the questions.

2. This line of text has Charlotte using the wrong name.

"Seriously?" screamed Charlotte in delight. "I'd love to live with you and Charlotte."

3. There's some ambiguity regarding the whole "stay an extra day" thing. What exactly was that about? Did she do that then cheat? Or did she cheat then decide to stay an extra day?

4. Why did EVERYBODY but Blake know that Faith and Charlotte were friends online? To me, that is a large plot hole. He's the type of man that would be involved in his daughter's life enough to know who she's communicating with online. Why did Faith's grandparents keep that from him?

5. The whole "Charlotte thinking Blake wouldn't want her after her mom died" feels contrived. Blake is a paragon. I cannot fathom that he didn't shower that girl with more love than most children receive. There's no reason that she should have thought that.

I'm rarely a fan of the "I was wounded and ran away and I shouldn't have" line of thinking. Considering Angie was completely remorseless upon returning home, not even exhibiting any signs of guilt, he definitely made the correct call. The reconciliation seemed to happen too easy. Charlotte needed therapy, not the delusion that her mom's ex should have been her dad. That wasn't healthy at all.

Still, despite all that, I appreciate and enjoy the story for what it is, though it doesn't feel that it holds up to normal HDK stories and standards. Thanks for sharing it.

4.25*

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 1 year ago

Wow, wasn't expecting that.

Great story, told from a different perspective.

A very enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Janrene3Janrene3over 1 year ago

I love the ending,

Don`t get me wring: I love a good BTB story, but sometimes a happy ending is just what I need on a cold Wintherday. Thanx for the story,

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 1 year ago

Missed your writing. A superb effort, best regards!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not scoring this story, since there are real problems. The affect was flat, with a lack of emotion on any characters part. Everything was stated, never described.

Did *HDK* really write this?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

No one can squeeze an entire story into 750 words like you. So, it surprised me to see a 5 pager from you. The first page or two were an uncharacteristic slow build but you hit your stride after the start. You know what you get when you post a RAAC on this site, but I felt it was plausible and Blake’s interaction with the girls was especially well done. 5*

kelchakelchaover 1 year ago

That last paragraph was just precious. 5*

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

As usual HDK has published a story that could be reality. That is what so many readers love about his writings. This tale was special to me because a friend of mine lost his wife a couple of years back. She was Navy Chief working in Syria when an explosion killed her and a couple of others. He was left with 4 children to raise. He took action for immediate retirement from the military to begin to build a new life for his family, one without their mother. No one even the service men and women are prepared to cope with the loss of a loved one you expected to spend the rest of life with. The way HDK spelled out the emotions of the loss and the immediate reflex reaction to Faiths’ worrying about if Blake would still be her daddy were spot on.

I am LMAO. That is a lot of laughing. Why am I laughing so much. Because the story was so good that I am sure it will have the haters talking. They will complain about how the ending was so unrealistic. Other complaints will be about once a cheater always a cheater, he should just tell her to get lost. Others will say he should kick mom and bastard girl to the curb. Got to love the haters.

The writing which showed the mix of emotions for both adult and children. It is hard enough to understand. The ability to write to and created the imagery those feelings both generated with a loss or the happiness from a spectacular gain/win. That is epic. HDK has always been able to create that imagery.

Thanks for continuing to share your tales/stories.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

ohioohioover 1 year ago

Now that's some real fag cuck shit! HDK knows how to do it better than anyone. His high level of storytelling is very much in evidence, with some unlikely twists and turns that get us to a satisfying ending. Early on it is hard to imagine that Blake could ever reconcile with Angie, and yet by the end it seems eminently plausible. And, of course, his characters have senses of humor and say funny things.

Just one question, though--usually HDK names his stories after Beatles song titles. Why didn't he do that this time?

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You stopped the story just when it started to get interesting; that they would try to get back together was obvious, but how they handled the inevitable conflicts is missing.

linnearlinnearover 1 year ago

Very good read. I'm always happy to see a new release from HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was good until he got involved with his ex It went downhill from there could have been a better story

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

A great read.

Well plotted and developed.

Ignore the comments of the Anonomati; none of whom have ever submitted a story to this or any other medium. most of them can barely string two coherent words together in a negative comment; which is why I block them.

Well done. 5/5.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Enjoyable story.

A couple things kept it from being 5 ⭐ for me.

Flip flopping, incorrect usage of the girls names, especially towards the end. Almost seems like the last page of the story didn't get edited. The abrupt ending. Couldn't there have been a brief epilogue that at least took us through Christmas? I guess not totally necessary but, I feel like it could have smoothed out the ending some.

One unanswered question was nagging at me. We found out that Blake got the videos of Angie's infidelity courtesy of a drone. I'm still wondering why her "friend" Donna worked so hard to undermine and eventually trash their marriage??? Did Donna really dislike Blake that much or was she really more of a frenemy towards Angie? Again a small detail but, as it was recounted to us, Angie didn't go visit Donna intending to cheat on Blake. Yes , she had poor judgement and made bad choices. But, Donna intentionally shoved her into the arms of a former lover, made sure she had lots of alcohol in a relaxing/party atmosphere. Why would she set her best friend up like that?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories