All Comments on 'Post, Three Days Travel'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Mr. Jimbob

I meant no slight by not inviting you to be in the Western event. I had no idea that you were interested in the genre, or I would have invited you, nor were you suggested to me as someone who would be interested.

I made several comments about the event, starting three months out. Had you been interested, I would have welcomed an inquiry. For future reference, if you, or anyone else, want to be included in an event, just ask. I am not unapproachable. Just your friendly neighborhood English teacher. I answer email, as everyone who writes to me can testify. Several of the writers wrote to me and asked to be included.

The events are celebrations, not exclusionary. DTIverson reminds me that we are a community. I believe that is true. It is a sometimes dysfunctional and cranky community, but a community, nonetheless. Writers and readers make up the community and we share a love of stories.

The events are supposed to be community occasions we can all share and enjoy, not divisive and hateful, though some try to make it so. That is my intent, anyway. I can't think of everyone; many of the writers suggest people to me and I ask them. That being said, you were NOT deliberately excluded, and I regret that you were not invited. My apologies, though it was not deliberate. I will now read your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thumbs down

Usually enjoy your stories.... but this one has all the portent of an unhappy and probably disastrous marriage...Jacob was reduced to a shell of man.... if the story had been good, Nelson Bryant would have built Jacob into the man he needed to be to support his family..... sorry JimBob *1

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@blackrandl1958

In defense of JimBob44, these special events DID start off as "Legends Days," and I also thought that Western Day was just a special variation on Legends Day, and even if I had an idea for a western never would have thought to ask to be a part of it.

I DID wonder why so many of the names were unfamiliar to me, I assumed it was my lack of knowledge of writers in the other categories.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
When the irresistable force meets the immovable object.

Randi reading JimBob44 would be fascinating to watch. The man that proudly declares he wants no editor and embraces his individuality by writing whatever the hell he wants has a story being read by a woman that can find mistakes in anything ever written. This should be interesting.

deadonedeadoneover 6 years ago
Awful damn brave of them

Back then somebody could be shot while laying in bed real easy. Cabin burned down around them. Many things could happen. Mothers left mid-winter without a husband to help out. Yes indeed those rifles sure can reach out take down a traveling man before he even knows what hit him.

So there was a lot of bravery, or stupidity, in this scenario.

And not a damn thing holding Jacob to that place, no wife, no kids, no respect. No there was nothing holding him there.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Oh my Heavenly Father ...

... and on the Sabbath too. I’m still giggling too. How do you say that in coonass? Talk about survival of the fittest! Great addition to Writers Go West.*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
CUCKOLD

The husband should have been prepared for going out west with shotgun and a hand gun keeping the latter hidden then he could have defended his wife and possibly killed the mountain man.

But alas he wasn't ,very naïve of him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Deleted

Deleted

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hated it

The best thing that can be said about the story is that it ended.

jtaylor

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
This story has only one big problem...

This story has only one big problem...The writer says he wanted to try the cuckold genre in the old West...No problem with that, except he knows, as everyone knows, in the West a human life worth less than a horse...so for sure the husband would have sinked the Bowie knife into Nelson's back when the chace showed up...What he would have decided next the writer could have chosen what he wanted...2*, just because was well writen...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kind of dumb.

So contrived that is reads like something some Hollywood writer might invent out of complete ignorance. I don't think it was ever considered smart to give a person a reason to kill you back when killing was easy, and getting caught was not. But thanks for the effort, such as it was.

I suspect one day the cuckold will turn up back east with the sad news that his wife and kids died of the flu, along with a neighbor who was helping tend them in their illness. "They're all buried behind the cabin. The neighbor had no relatives I know of, so he left his land and possessions to me. Sold it all and am back home to start over, both humbler, and smarter. Whens the next social at the church?"

The last man standing gets to tell the story.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 6 years ago
Well done *****

Very nice story. Brave and resourceful pioneers taming the newly opened country.

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
No

Usually love your work,but this was sad. Kept reading, thought it would get better. It didn't. No way Jacob would have allowed Nelson to live after taking his wife. Wife would have made fine wolf bait. Go back to your regular great writing and leave this cuckold crap behind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Vile and retarded crap.

This was the wild west. There are only about four plausible options and none include what you have written. A) Nelson murders Jacob. B) Jacob murders Nelson. C) Nelson flees in shame and kills himself or D) Becca Ann kills one of them.

Let me be clear. This was appalling. The was a beginning, a middle but no end, no GENUINE conclusion. You just wrote an uninspired consequence of the middle and without any further embellishment.

It was unclear who you main POV character was. You introduced not one single character that was interesting or even sympathetic. Actually Jacob was the sympathetic one and the point of your story was to shit on him.

It read like a sick teen fantasy.

Your effort is usually far better than this.

Very poor. Actually your worst.

1*

jezzazjezzazover 6 years ago
Gotta admit..

I normally quite like your style, but this is not great.

The subject matter here is fairly repugnant. It might be realistic, but it’s not something I want to read, I have to say it.

Not a fan of this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ jezzaz

Yeah, well 13 people read that shit you pumped out. Nobody ever liked your style, but that didn't keep you from churning out all those shit piles, now did it?

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE OUTBACK IS DANGEROUS AND FULL OF PERIL

some 4 legged some 2 legged..some 3 legged, all of them treacherous, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: anonymous-@jezzas

I don't know what you're referring to, but looking at the scores of this authors numerous stories, you must be mistaken. I have to say one thing about the readers of literotica, they're one of a kind.

Read the "disclaimer" of this author and decided to pass. Arrogance is not attractive in any author, regardless how well he writes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a poor shit!!!

Only real brain sick perverts called cuckold would applaud to that crap!! Good to know that you are into cuckold/wimp!!! The apple never falls far from the tree!!! Now you know why you were not invited to the Western themed contribution!!! Ordinary authors are not in demand!!!!

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
I liked it

The cucky paid in the currency he had available for the hard-won knowledge the mountain man acquired. I do think Nelson tempted fate by turning his back on Jacobs while fucking his wife. But that is true to the cuck nature, they aint never gonna really do anything to effect change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Funny but why would hubby stay around after he walked in on them. Also no guy no matter how tough or crazy he is would leave the hubby of the woman he was fucking with a gun while he was pounding her. I’d like to believe I would’ve shot him and used his body as bait in the traps or just buried him. It was the 1800s and they were in the middle of no where.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Sorry JimBob, this little exercise of yours pulled up lame

I usually like your stuff, but this was w/o any redeeming or enjoyable aspect.

Not to say it wasn't well executed, it was. But good camera technique can't make and Ansel Adams picture of a National Park out of a shot of a junk pile

Good exercise in portraying vile stuff.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Sorry JimBob

I have been a fan and will try to focus on your body of work and let this pass. You usually write about men not wimps. Its not clear at the end who the rest of the kids belong to except maybe the youngest daughter. The wife was a cruel whore. No one would have questioned if she died that winter. Life expectancy was only 35 to 40 on average in those days. He could then go find a better woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jezzaz calling it not great was an understatement

This was god awful dude, what the hell happened. I too normally love your stories and been binge reading them the past few days, then I come across this story and what the hell man.

Why would you even write a cuckold story based in the 1880s? You were pretty much allowed to kill the wife and her lover if they ever did that to you. Not only was it allowed, but people would most likely pat you on the back for it too. You should've at least saved it for modern day, not that you should've written about cuckolding in the first place.

This one really surprised me, I hope none of your future stories ever end up like this one ever again. I love your stories you write and hope you continue.

javmor79javmor79over 6 years ago
I enjoy JimBob, but...

Story was fine until the end. Then it turned into the typical cuckold story. But, unlike most cuckold stories, there was some actual content and skill to the writing. That said, even a skilled author falls into the trap of a cuckold tale. How do you keep the characters believable? Once you start to turn the men into bulls and cuckolds, they become caricatures. Then you add the wife, who shouts down humiliations as she openly betrays her husband, and you have 3 cartoonish people who no one identifies with.

This from a guy who wrote a cuckold story. Its hard, believe me. Its why I never wrote a second one.

I like JimBob, and will continue to read him. I enjoy his brazen confidence to write what he likes, and not write for other people. I share that with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Javmor79

You've never written anything BUT cuck stories! "I share with him a brazen confidence to write what I want and not what other people want." Damn, is it possible to brag any more? What a fucking loser. If you have to blow your own horn, you're probably just bad.

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 6 years ago
Unique

I wish I had missed this one. One star since I cannot give less.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
to be expected..

This is what happens when you overstep your capabilities. you end up being forced to do what you never dreamed possible to survive. But, that being said. As soon as the mountain man left Jacob should have loaded up and pulled out. Let nelson return after winter to find Becca or what would be left of her after a winter on her own. If your a city boy you need to prepare before you go to the country or stay in the city. If you can't stand on your own or need a group to survive you won't make it. Country people will help when warranted but they do not feel obligated to help someone who won't help themselves or feels they are entitled to be taken care of. There is a reason herds of animals push the weak and those unable to contribute to the outside and if they can't keep up are left. Poor becca if jacob would have left her she would have seen she was just a piece of ass being used. Then she would have reaped what she'd sown.

A good way to go about things is treat people the way you want to be treated, and if someone reaches for help supply it. But if they reach out to take what is not theirs or feel they are entitled to it then cut the hand off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hard

Hard lesson taught by a hard man. But he saved their lives in the long run. Liked it five stars worth.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Well told story - the wild west was indeed wild where morals went by the wayside in order to survive.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories