All Comments on 'Nudge'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 103 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I'm a sucker for a happy ending!

I seem to also be a sucker for your odd mix of weirdos, slackers and real people and their quaint way of talking. Of course it doesn't hrt that the girls are young and nubile, The good men are studs, and there is a chance that the next person you see will be rich. Having money around does lubricate the wheels.

There's love, hate, dope, booze, sloth, ambition, decrepit trailers, mansions, everything that a good nighttime soap opera needs. By George, I think you've got another Dallas on your hands. Who's going to be JR?

R.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I'm curious

What was in the package under the Xmas tree and who was it from?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved it!

Loved it. Being from Louisiana, I really enjoy reading your stories & look forward to your next one.

kelchakelchaabout 5 years ago
Many Thanks For This

Great treat to start my day with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Blah blah blah

I couldn’t find the desire to continue reading after the 3rd page .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This was mostly two unlikeable people yelling at and insulting each other with Cajun accents. The guy had a Ferrari and a Bentley. Turns out his family is loaded. They divorce after boring counseling and jail stints and both go cradle robbing with varied success. Not really that entertaining. The guy was the protagonist and I really didn’t care about his happiness at all. He hooked up with and married an eighteen year old virgin though so... yay?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A swell day?

Great story! I was sleepy and should have slept, didn't. I like the use of the cajun lingo, yeah.

Everything was great until "Have a swell day." appeared. Who are you, Eddie Haskell?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOL Where Do They Go From Here

"Please do not leave comments saying you can't wait to see where they go from here."

"This is a continuation of the 'Edge Of Breaking' series..."

Don't take yerself so seriously, maybe, since it's clearly reasonable to guess more might happen with your characters? You spin a good yarn. Take the compliment.

rnebularrnebularabout 5 years ago
Loved edge and loved this

Thanks for making my Friday morning truly pleasant. I enjoyed the Edge series, and the detail you always include, making me feel like I've been transported to Louisiana. Thanks for sharing your wonderful imagination with us.

Rnebular

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
It’s always good . . .

. . . to visit James Robert’s Cajun country.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good story

I liked the story, well written look forward to more of them

sloggersloggerabout 5 years ago
Keep writing

Enjoy your stories. Some more than others. But, it is a refreshing break from some of the other authors. Not to say they are bad, just yours are different. Thank you

RuffRidingHoodRuffRidingHoodabout 5 years ago
Great Read

Its always interesting to run across works on this site that draw in the reader without needing to rely on sex. Don't get me wrong, thats what a lot us come here for but, this was just a really good story that happened to have a sex scene. If you were to flesh it more itd make a pretty good novel. Keep up the good work.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 5 years ago
Super!!

Great story.

Thanks for sharing.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
eh

couldnt get past the first page they both sounded like they shouldnt have been born tbh. idk just me i guess cant really get into a story if i dont like any of the characters

rublicksrublicksabout 5 years ago
Love your work

Another great story

tangledweedtangledweedabout 5 years ago
I think I caught some of that dementia bug.

I admit in the past I may have been slightly irritated with the Louisiana dialogue/patois use in JimBob44's stories. I don't know exactly why that is, as I always loved various accents from around the world, with Cajun being particularly fun to hear. In this story, I finally let my brain slip into the rhythm and enjoy the ride, hear?

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 5 years ago
Loved it, and it scared me often!

I had a great friend from that area, his accent was atrocious. You captured the way they talk perfectly!

Well done, good script. You captured his fears, his troubles, and many of his trials, admirably.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 5 years ago
Louisiana

Reading this and hearing those voices in my head reminded me of how much I enjoyed my years in Louisiana. Might come a time I'll tell you about the LeBlanc girls from Hardwood. Maybe. Loved the story. Thank you.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 5 years ago
Goodness

So many things going on in your story. Yeah, I am a sap for a happy ending. So I liked it. I must admit that the Louisiana dialogue did throw me off for time to time. It reminded me of a guy in the Navy from that area that no one could understand his language. I guess we can’t all be good old Texas boys. 😄

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great Story

I don't often read the extra details in a lot of these stories; but your stories seem to have me reading and not even considering to skim past the enhancers. Having been raised in the rural settings, I do enjoy the 'down home' lingo.

5*****.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 5 years ago
Good Story, but you could use an editor

I liked the story, but in several places either the wrong word was used, or words were missing. Please try to get someone to help you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
5 stars.

Really good and very funny! Thanks!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 5 years ago
I really loved this one.

A story of redemption for Toni. And a retelling of a previous story without feeling like a retelling because of the change of the main character.

Now for the important part. What the hell happened at the soap factory? Please don’t dangle that tidbit out there and leave us hanging for long.

Thanks

TexdomTexdomabout 5 years ago
Thank you JimBob

Another well written story...a couple of times almost wished I had subtitles hahaha. No, Cajun dialect is just as fun to read as it is to listen to. Be good, yeah?

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmabout 5 years ago
Lovely story

To continue what riding Hood said:

I came to this site for the erotica and staid for the LIT

Thank you for sharing your talent with us - and even for free.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
Great fun story

Your writing brings characters to life, you tell a tale that is entertaining and fun. 5*

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandabout 5 years ago
JimBob44 is

Undoubtedly one of the Best Storytellers on LitE...

There are a few other Authors here on the same level but Very Few...

Thanks for a superb story... The way you told it makes reading it easy and entertaining...

Looking forward to more of your Stories...

5*s

SOS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Retro Pot

Seeds are so obsolete. And usually it was the polyester disco stuff that got the holes. But good stuff did have seeds once upon a time. Another good story.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 5 years ago
You scared me

I thought for sure you were going to kill them off in a motorhome accident.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Should have been in Romance, . . .

but I'm glad it wasn't, or I would have never seen it. A very light hearted entertaining fantasy, of how a middle aged man ditches a bitch and sweeps a diamond out of the rough. Sort of a Pretty Woman, without the prostitution.

A romantic and lustful beginning. When he's in his 60's and she's in her 40's, with the kids grown and gone, it will be tougher to keep the lust and romance confined to the marriage bed. People change with time and circumstances. She'll be rich, beautiful, insecure in her sexuality, and perhaps dissatisfied with her reduced sex life at home. Hope he made the most of his marriage up to that point. I'm sure if Susan is still alive she'll be the first to know when the cream has curdled. Anthony will be the second. Hope he made the most of the good times while they last.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
numbers confusion

""Four seventy five," Carmen said.

"Offer them four ninety," Anthony said.

Why would he give an offer that's higher than the asking price? That makes no sense, might be a good idea to edit this in order to clarify.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow❤️

Wow❤️ Just wow! I loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great writing!

I really enjoyed this story as I due all of your writing. You are a great storyteller.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
At Gracie's wedding you meant Anthony walked Gracie up the aisle?

Or did you mean Nancy.

Gotta assume Mother Susan had Vanessa sign a pre-nup also?

Since Anthony did feel something for Cheyenne afterward, you'd think he might have arranged $2000-$3000/month IF she could pass a urine test. She'd have to go to a certified lab, and pass, before a check was cut by his attorney. Actually, probably $1000-$1500 every 2-weeks (since some drugs clear quickly). No pass, no check. And no pass 4x in a row, and permanent cut off. He could certainly now afford it.

Liked this a lot. 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good read.

Enjoyed the story.

grogers7grogers7about 5 years ago
A Pleasure

Your writing has gone from good to better to best. Your epilogue is exactly the story we want you to write, just so we can enjoy it. So few on this site write in the 3rd person -- thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "numbers confusion"

The higher offer is to cut off any haggling, any trying to jack up the price even more by allowing in other bidders, including Carmen!

ohioohioabout 5 years ago
great storytelling

I enjoy your stories so much--above all for their heart and feeling, and for the unfailing sense of humor. People in real life may not be as funny as your characters, but that's what makes fiction better than real life!

Thanks, ohio

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 5 years ago
Well done

Loved it. To the individual who said it made no sense to offer more than the asking price; it happens all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Cajun Dialect

Your use of Cajun Dialect is perfect for the light witty tales you spin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loved it.

Love your stories. The dialect is great. I hear it in my head as I read.

I like this Tony guy. In the beginning he is unlikable. But then he gives Anne and her 3 kids a free trip. Shows what kind of man be is.

I especially like his post divorce quips to his ex wife and her lovers.

Thanks for writing

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
Hated Then Loved The Story

The first half I hated Anthony, Cheyenne, and every white trash drug addicted character plentiful in this story. Then all of a sudden the whole tone of the story changed a180 degrees.

I would say Vanessa changed him, but honestly it started with the money and then vanessa’s and her family’s loving joyful personalities added a complete contrast to what was Cheyenne, Anthony, and Anthony’s family (except for Susan and Gracie).

I wonder if Cheyenne could have been saved if she got the opportunities Anthony inherited, or if she was irredeemable

When I was in my mid20’s I worked for a company that had a box at the Staple Center. I had achieved a certain goal and was one of the two employees there along with our CEO. When I came in to the box my CEO put his arm around my shoulder whispered in my ear that he thought I was going to go far with the company and then he introduced me to everyone else there and almost all of them were CEO’s of major corporations. After his introductions he whispered in my ear the most important thing in life is who you surround yourself with.

I truly believe that, and have imparted that many times to my nieces, nephews and son. This story perfectly exemplifies that truism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just thanks

Thank you for continuing to post your work. Whether I agree or not with how a story goes. It is nice to read a well written and thought out story. This one I can’t find a fault with. It is realistic and believable. Without having to endow a character with super powers to make it happen. You write for your enjoyment. Well, I read your work for mine.

Looking forward to your next post.

Thanks again

fairway9fairway9about 5 years ago
Loved it

Nice to read a story with a good ending. Some times the marriage just does not

work. Like the dumb ass he was married too. Nice to see a young woman in the story who had morals and a love for someone who treated her nice and with respect. I have enjoyed your writing

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Long but good

Curly blonde bush favorite part love au naturel

Cheyenne. couldn't wrap my head around could have hated her but basically she was just as he first found her what you see is what you get loud mouth tattooed tramp

I liked Susan love but protect

Anthony hate then like

Pulled himself out of the garbage

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
tip top

This author is better than most (probably not quite all) of the guys making a living at writing. Every story I read by JB44 just makes me happy.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
How bloody depressing

Idiot got exactly what he wanted, and surprise; she is not what he needed. A cheap fake slut who riled his parents, perfect.

Is the opening morning the first time he has been in his own house. He acts surprised at the mess and damage. Mess and some damage from the party, but a lot of his observations seemed the result of years of neglect.

Cannot go any further than partway down 1st page. Just too damned sad.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 5 years ago
Good humor

Nice light humorous reading.

Keep up your good writing in the light hearted Cajun manner.

InsigniaInsigniaabout 5 years ago
Asshole Protagonist

In drug fueled spiral is saved by self centered psycho who finally grates on his last nerve. The winding paths of Degarde make for a rich tableau of plantation posh and coon ass colloquialisms that are entertaining and even erotic. JB has really grown in his patois renderings as evidenced by how dialogue with Susan is so different from how the others speak. Still don't quite get a few things. Why can the office manager? He seemed to be just landscaping. What is under the tree that he avoids at all cost? Why is Jimmy allowed anywhere near kids? Excellent story. Sometimes the characters fly at you at bit quick but this one gets full marks.

KattrinaJonesKattrinaJonesalmost 5 years ago
Great as Usual !!!

Another one for the books. Could not stop reading it. Love the end and how he made it there.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great story

This, as all your LW stories, was great. I get lost in your work and can't even slim through them. I love the locations and the dialog you use to.paint your pictures. Your work is always a treat. Keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful Story

I love the interplay you wove between Anthony and his mom. Took me back to times with my own mom and dad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Happy

For the most part a pleasant totally enjoyable tale. Congratulations

TLB1981TLB1981almost 5 years ago

What happened to cause the fire at the soap shop and I hope they rebuild.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The voices of your world...

As I’ve written before (I know, I know. Anons have no past or future. We exist only in a now), you bring amazing and unique voices to your characters. Thank you for showing us the right way to do it.

CrisInGACrisInGAalmost 5 years ago
Jackie

It's great to see that Jackie Trahan managed to do something with her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I liked your story

That being said, I have some observances. There are what I assume are intentional misspellings and absent conjunctions. I assume you did this to make the dialog more realistic. However you did this so often and with every character that it came off as getto dialog. Was that intentional? Also I admire that he wants to cut back on all vices. Spending can be a vice. He pays off his ex's house after complaining about the cost, then he buys a bigger house at more than twice the price. He buys a new Bently to go with his other insanely expensive car. Then he talks about not giving bonuses to his workers. Anthony supposed to be a likeable guy, and he is, but when you look at him from this view...he's a dick.

ohioohioover 4 years ago
Another wonderful story

I've read this one twice, with great pleasure. But one thing very much bothers me: if Jimmy was the one who molested Gracie, as appears to be the case, how on earth could he have been allowed by the family ever to be in the same room with her? That's just heartless--and unrealistic.

Thanks, ohio

DJStoneDJStoneover 4 years ago
Well done

I've been a silent reader of a lot of your stuff for a few years now and just wanted to say how I enjoyed this one. I like how you use the local dialect effectively and it's helped me in the past. You see, I'm an English blind man and used to write for an E-fed where my character was from New Orleans so thanks for your inadvertent help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I'd have liked an epilogue of some kind just to know where you would have had his life lead but I really did enjoy the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I was interested until the 18 year old

Its preposterous. They have nothing in common and she will absolutely leave him after a few years. So dumb

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Keep writing

Third time I'm reading all of the stories that you wrote

Please, keep writing.

Brazilian reader.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
The first four pages was good

The last three pages sucked big ones

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Nice story.....

First three pages, I was trying to sort out the dialect ,and the plot. Then it took off. Loved it, and it was funny. 71/2 stars. We all know I can't count. Or maybe it's metric. I don't know. But the Bear approves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am sorry to see you go JB. I hope you and your family are safe and well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah

Loved the patois/ dialect and the great story.5*s easy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good stuff. Thank you.

LWlurker

GanyRGanyRalmost 3 years ago

That was fun to read. Thank you. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well written. Could have been a tad longer. May have to see what other stories are interesting

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Congrations

I was pleased that happy ending. I was a marriage quite similar to got of it. Married my love for happy 53 years!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story, thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a fantastic read ! It kept my interest all the way through and ended as well as it started ! I’m not sure if I’ve read any of your other stories , but you can count on me doing so now ! 5 + stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I stopped reading when you showed your creepy gross side again by having the new love interest be a high school student.

There are a lot of you weirdos on this site who write characters at just 18 to skirt the rules as if a day over means anything. What does a grown ass man have in common with a child? Please. You basically ruined a pretty well written story with your demented fantasy -ss77

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Helluva yarn but why does it seem like half the LW stories have a gratuitous lesbian?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Hey, anon I stopped,

Stop being a cultural snob who thinks the cultural conventions in your little corner of the world are agreed to by the rest of mankind you arrogant ignorant twit.

olddave51olddave51about 2 years ago

5 stars I loved the story It has been years since I have read "colloquial" writing I had to read then a couple of times

I thank you for the "epilogue" it nailed down any "where they go from here"

I personally had a hard time with age difference being she was still quite young I can't be too critical since I have had girlfriends younger than my self.

Those few things did not hurt the story It is a great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Randy, the masseuse?

I think I want to read a whole story about a masseuse calling herself Randy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Living with the arrogant whore Cheyenne was like living in a dumpster, what filth!! This man must be desperate for drink surgically enhanced boobs

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

IF THE SKANK SUSAN WAS SUCH A GREAT MOTHER, SHE WOULD HAVE GAVE HER SON THE DOSSIER ON HIS CHEATING DRUGGIE WIFE A LONG TIME AGO INSTEAD OF WASTING 14YRS WITH THE DRUGGIE

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Nice job. Well written, enjoyable story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just a good story.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Love me a JB44 story yeah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another wonderful story. Thank you.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Intriguing feel-good story. Thanks for sharing.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Many of your stories are so awesome I can EASILY see them made into movies or a series... Thanks!

tonyneatotonyneatoabout 1 year ago

JB44 Great Story ! Keep up the great work ! 5 stars

Texican1830Texican183011 months ago

One of your best! Appreciate your style, and your Caa-jun characters! Haven’t spent as much time in Acadiana as I’d like to, but I’ve enjoyed every minute and every person. Alligator Annie’s Son’s Swamp tour is still a cherished memory, as is every meal I ate in Thibodaux and Houma. Big Al’s Seafood and Boudreaux and Thibodeaux’s Canjun Cooking - wow! I won’t mention the buffet at Houma House because too many superlatives, but their bread pudding…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

enough people for 10 stories

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

Simply a great story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another great story, JimBob, thanks for sharing.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Most excellent yarn for a cool and blustery afternoon read. Five stars blightly shining.

Martyr2002Martyr20026 months ago

Great story, Love it from start to finish! As for people wanting to see continuations of character arcs or stories? Its not our fault, you've caputured our imaginations. We don't want the story to end!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

A well-written, heartwarming tale. Thanks, i really enjoyed it.

SDN1955SDN19556 months ago

One of my favorite stories on Lit. I love the interplay between Anthony and his mother.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories