All Comments on 'It's My Party'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LOL

Now that was funny. All the disgruntled idiots who always troll everything that happens around here. That's good satire.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 5 years ago
Bye, I guess

Write if you find work...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Is this your 751 word story?

Hysterical. I can just see some swinger guy dropping those one bombs with the sweat running down his face. The angry people are polishing up the pickaxe handles while standing upside down, logging on and off to drop those comments and one bombs. What a riot.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Excellent Preview!

Thank you for sharing, and shit.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Well done

I probably missed your point, but I read this as clever answer to those who complain about who gets invited to the invitationals here in LW. It could also be a little warning, or promise to all those who complain about stories , submitted by proven authors to LW , that don't cater to their particular kink. These authors get fed up with the bullshit and.just go elsewhere. Either way, or even if it's something different, your point is well made and we'll taken. Thank you. By the way, there is no sex in this story, No cheating, or extra marital fun. It doesn't belong in Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Clever

Very clever.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 5 years ago
It should be Titled

No Joe , you cannot be in the club !

😆

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Olive Garden Quality Agenda Attempts to Adrenalize Plebian Plotting for Exclusive Consumption

Story quality is on par with restaurant franchise mentioned above. Its better then anything I could prepare and serve myself , but a couple grades below what I expect from I expect from a consumer POV. I blame the Hall of Fame author for unfairly raising my expectations by his otherwise platinum submissions in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Time for reflection..very clever :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Alternate title: Cuckleberry Finn and the Dirty Dozen.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
I didn't

I didn't count the words, but you've proven it can be done. Beautiful.

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
I see what you did there.

I know what Harddaysknight was not so subtly hinting at here, but am not sure why he felt it was necessary to drag his readers and followers into this story event pissing match.

Are the writers who complained about being left out of the "cool authors gang" the only assholes or are we readers who follow most of the "cool authors" group assholes as well? Not that I am particularly offended either way, since I have been called an asshole by far cooler people.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
BS

I guess somebody needs to call this what it is - BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Who's offended this time

I think this is a crack at people complaining about blackrandl and the authors she puts together for a theme release day...then again I could be wrong... I'd say there are some that feel jaded thinking they should be included in the Merry Men & Women in this Band of Writers and their Lethal Quivers...lolol... Truth is, if you have a story to tell, tell it, people will read it, comment and vote, no matter if your included in that themed day or not... you might be noticed as a great storyteller, maybe noticed by one of these Merry Men or Women in this Band you wish to join so badly and be asked to join this society...I would say they enjoy the company of each other because of things they write about and also things they enjoy in life and have in common...then again maybe you won't be...Maybe think about going it alone...THE LONE RANGER...either way, a good storyteller will standout... Life is not fair, get used to it, not everyone gets invited to the cool kids parties...BTW I'm not a member of these Merry Men & Women's Writing Society, though I admit I enjoy many members works...great storytelling is great storytelling no matter who's telling the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your party sucks anyway

The problem is you actually believe everybody wants to join your lame ass party. You're not the fun, cool people you think you are. This story confirms your over-blown opinions of yourselves.

While trying to make fun of people who are accusing you of being arrogant, elitist, assholes, you show us that you really are arrogant, elitest assholes. Oh, and by the way, wrong category.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
One Question

Why pay the restaurant if they're cancelling the reservations?

I loved 26thNC's comment.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Well Done

Quite clever depiction of life today through so called “Social Media “.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Is chapter 2 in the future?

It would be amusing to be a fly on the wall in the restaurant when all the assholes show up but the original 12 are a no show.

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Rejoice, Trolls

This one's for you! ;-)

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
How true

The story is entertaining but more importantly it shows a side condition of society, somewhat. Instead of doing something on their own some people get upset if they are not automatically included in things that are none of their business. A little bit on the serious side comment for a really funny story. Thanks HDK.

Woodmanone

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
I think this is very funny.

Which is not surprising, as I seem to an acolyte, serving a (now not so) secret clique. In a few months, nobody will remember what this was all about, but we might still refer to it in cases of severe event invitation injustices.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WWJD?

What would Joe do?

What would Jesus do?

Why Would Jocularity Diminish?

When Whining, Just Don't!

When Womanizing, Just Desserts.

Watch While Jerks Disallow

Welcome, Welcome (now) Just Disappear!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loving Wives?

The low marks on an HDK story is probably because of the category placement This should have been in Humor and Satire. How can something be posted to LW when there are no evil women to get burned?

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Too long, too short

No sex, too much sex, wrong category, wrong tags, etc. etc.

I can see 26thNC's point about the invitationals (used to get similar during designer events on another site), but this is also a reflection on the needy culture that is driven by the likes of facebook and other social media sites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hmmm...

This smacks of the same type of elitism that got "cantbuymy" expelled from literotica... but without the personal and profanity laden tirade. But I would expect that from the sophisticated, educated HDK, verses the equally talented but military hardened personality of CBM. Both superbly talented authors.

The Observer

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Well Done!

You know HDK there were a couple of somewhat famous people that lived long ago who taught using parables, and the men I am thinking of are rather good folks to emulate. You rock dude!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WHAT??

I love your stories HDK; but this isn't one of them. I still think you're an incredible writer.

mithanialmithanialover 5 years ago
Well that's different....

If you start dining elsewhere I hope I get to tag along!!

SelqSelqover 5 years ago
Well....it's a story.

Sorry, Hdk, I see where you were going, but it didn't hit the mark for me.

I won't rate this one because I respect you enough not to.

chip812chip812over 5 years ago
Interesting short.

Just a note to let you know that I will always read your work. I may not understand it, but I will always read it. Write what you feel like writing. But, to be clear, I am a big fan of LiR. :)

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago

We need our stories. We always have. We sit, lit by the fires of our soul. We pray to hear something that moves us, that pissed us off, makes us cry or laugh. A joke, a story. Perhaps a song or skit. If we can still feel, we’re not so alone. The people listening in the restaurant aren’t there for the food; they are starving to feel alive. We bring the feast with us.

I’ve been writing for 35 years under various names. Every now and then someone reaches out to share how my story made them feel. Reading those notes counts among the best moments of my life. I came to LW, looking for a new kind of story to tell. Stories with passion and a big heart. I find new ones in LW everyday. You got me with No Reply. Then there was George Anderson’s Answer to that, Black Randi for so many, and Richard Gerald’s infuriating Another Love.

So I say this Pthe tables back, put wood on the fire and tap another keg. I would be honored to sit in that restaurant, a bard among many, waiting his turn.

Thank you, HDK, for all you do to make this a place of creativity, feeling and wonder.

Michael

LVGirlLVGirlover 5 years ago
Sign of the Times

The only answer to those who insist on crashing the party is to avoid them. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lena

So what happened to Lena??

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Mgbdallas

Um, where did you see anything about "work wife" here

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Normally love your work

but this was more a sketch of a doodle of a partial idea. Not worthy of submitting compared to your norm.

frazodfrazodover 5 years ago

Did you just break your New Year's resolution, it being a kinder, gentler loving wives section? Maybe not, but you came close....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ramona is clearly cheating

She just happens to know all the sexual preferences of strangers? Not buying it. The only solution for this couple is divorce.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Hahaha. Yasss.

I get it. How about Cuckelberry Finn and the dirty 50? Or maybe The Arrogant Elitist Asshole Production Company? I just happen to be putting together a party! St. Paddy's Day, March 17. Some of the most read writers around will post stories. HDK, BurntRedstone, Qhml1, JoeDreamer, Mainefiddleheads, Eclare, DTIverson, LostBoy, Laptopwriter, Eidetic, Girlinthemoon, ChloeTzang, Angiequesophie, GoldenIAngel, PapaToad, SimonDoom and dozens more. The theme is Gothic Horror. If you like erotic chills and thrills, this is your thing. If not, maybe next time. Sorry, my allotment of swingers, lesbian spiders, serial killers, racists, cheating husbands and the skanks who love them is full.

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Is this part one of many? It is short direct and to the point but so much more could come out of it.... Like what happens when all the other wanna-bees show up at the Italian eatery and none of the original group shows?

This story has a deeper message, one I heed in saying screw faceBook. I do not need to be that connected. Beware of fB and what you post, you can be fired before you even get hired if you are not PC per that HR filter (that do search the web for your name).

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years agoAuthor
My story tags of

lazy, stupid, no friends, assholes and "link me with Todd and Q" were left on the censor's floor. I had no control over that decision. I just hope we have some new invitationals that lure the cream of the crop in Literotica to grace us with a story.

Will SJ arrange that for us readers? Will the Mad Tasmanian organize something that includes dozens of the best of the best writers on Lit? Not likely. My money is on the amazing Randi. She simply gets it done and we all benefit from her efforts!

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Fine Solution

But there are still a lot of payback coming. Hint: do not do anything on Facebook!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I have no idea what was HDK's point, ...

..but I hope he 's not losing his marbles...

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
This is well done, but there's one major mischaracterization in here

I don't dress up as a woman to try to seduce men. I do this for ME! The fact that men hit on me all the time is not because I'm encouraging it, it's just that I'm smoking hot in any outfit I wear. So if I'm not invited to dinner because your male friends can't keep their hormones in check, it seems to be the problem is with them, not because my man tits look good with the right bra.

If you'd gotten that element right, I could have given you a higher score. Sadly, this effort only gets 5 stars from me.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Come.on guys

HDK was making a statement here, not trying to tell a serious story. Try reading it for what it is.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
An LW listed story?

Certainly not. Not even close.

And... ummm.... what’s the point of this story? I’m confused. Is there a Part 2 ? If not, it seems very unfinished. If it is, indeed, an LW story.

Or is this some deep comment about Commenters to your stories??? Maybe that’s it. If it is then it’s too subtle for “on the spectrum” mind. In English Lit classes, to me a Shakespearean candle was always just a candle, until blatantly pointed out to me by the teacher/prof (or to misquote Freud “A cigar is just a cigar, unless otherwise noted”)

I think you are trying to say something to us (the readers, especially Commentators) but I can’t figure it out. Because of that I’m not scoring this as it wouldn’t be fair to your (what ever it is) attempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
meh

Can't y'all just set up a Go Fund Me to rent the Superdome and hold a steel-cage deathmatch during halftime of the Super Bowl like normal human beings instead of this passive-aggressive clit-measuring contest y'all are so fond of?

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Huh

Is this a story, or a bad experience. Why is it in this section LW? There is a non-erotic section for silly ditties like this.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Childish

And on par with our President and Nancy Pelosi's little back and forth temper tantrum. You could have taken the high road, but you didn't.

Grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well played!

Well played, Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
???

Where is the rest of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

I think you hit on the perfect analogy for the agrieved SJW's pop cultural take over.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
Stories.

Not the washing in public of petty meaningless drivel.

This site is about stories, NOT who is "cool" or who is not.

It's about erotic literature, NOT about a clique who "appear" to think they are more than what they actually are.

The vast majority of stories and writers on this site are poor with a very few who are half way to decent.(but that's OK, nobody expects Dickens level quality here)

The truth is it would take less than the fingers on one hand to count the genuine talent on this site, Todd being one and Dreamcloud another, with very few others even close.

I have enjoyed a few of your stories HDK but this posting was entirely uncalled for.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
I guess I was right???

Still not sure [says the boy on the spectrum].

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
HARDDAYSKNIGHT WORKS IT

Your story is witty, sarcasm. Very short and to the point. You did double duty with it! A fine accomplishment 👌. But, I found real entertainment with the commentariate (hum..) comments, lol. So you did triple work Harddaysknight.

You really earned your reputation with this, ha, ha, ha.....

AMerryman

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
Funny stuff, HDK.

It was a laugh a minute. How dare anyone do anything and not invite me! I'll have a tantrum! Best laugh I've had in a while.

@mordbrand. Grow up? Right. Like you? Take the high road. Right. Like you? Looks like you channeled your inner child, and he's a mean little shit. Never "grow up," HDK. It's the bane of society.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous 01/23/19 Re: "Your party sucks anyway"

"The problem is you actually believe everybody wants to join your lame ass party." - It's not what THEY believe, all you have to is read the comments bitching about not being invited!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@etchiboy Re: "An LW listed story?"

Have you REALLY not read all the whiny comments every time there's an invitational?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@swedishreader1 Re: Stories

"It's about erotic literature, NOT about a clique who "appear" to think they are more than what they actually are."

I'm afraid you're picking on the wrong group. Nobody thinks that they are more than what they are. There ARE people who have a persecution complex who feel that not being invited by the "clique" is a personal affront that must be avenged.

g912493g912493over 5 years ago
Swedishreader1, why are you still on the site if the writers are so bad?

You have been a member since 2015, as you mentioned, you only have 1 or 2 authors you feel have any skill. Why are you still here? If I don't like something I stop doing it. I have found authors that write stories not to my taste, some that have English as a second language that I find it hard to finish their stories. Some I think stink as story tellers. Bottom line, rather then making snide remarks & complaining. Just stop reading if it displeases you.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 5 years ago
i don't

know what to make of this story; stumps me, really; may be I read too many BTBs and was expecting some innocuous statement from one of the spouses to set things off, revealing some kind of secrete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
When I First Read This

When I first read this I took it as a stand alone story, cute and I could see the point. After reading all the comments I see HDK's point. I also noticed the banner in LW had been removed but did see it in another category.

The idea of 750 was cute and you know what, I am trying to write something to submit. NO, I am not one of the invited. I have no experience and my imagination is just not that good.

That said, the comments to the 750 word challenge, HDK's story and the comments here are so reflective of today. GET A LIFE people. YES, there are people who can do things better than you. NO we will not be giving you a trophy for drivel.

Thank you guys for all the GOOD stories you give us. HDK, keep up the good work!!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
This?

This I like. Point made.

tfnnjtfnnjover 5 years ago
Clique or not.

I just saw SB's comment about cliques and whatnot. With all the damn complaining from the "slighted" authors, there is a post date with all of these challenges. There is no reason why others can not post on the same day. I am going to give it a try. If I get over three stars I might try again. (I am NOT holding my breath)

So put up or shut up. Have some balls. Not invited? Write a 750 word story and post for February. Maybe it will get swept up with the others, maybe not. Just stop the incessant whining and get a life.

I am still waiting for the gang to write a "Do-Over" challenge. I am getting old, have regrets, wish I could do over some things. The stories here and on stories are fun fantasy.

One last thing, you got Papatoad? Tell him to get Denham Forrest to submit. I know he is pissed about something and has health issues but I do miss his work. Papa, hope you had a good visit with him.

green117green117over 5 years ago
If Irony doesn't work

Then wack them with Allegory?

Not sure that works either... eh (shrugs). It does let some know why signing your comments is a good idea.

Since, after all, writing for people who are good at reading kinda gets you in the same boat as, say, graphic artists... you then are being "elitist" (isn't that a name of a golf ball?).

To be honest, Bebop3's attempt at this was a bit more... crunchy... but I had a hard time reading between the lines there too.

Looking forward to future projects of you and your friends -

Green-something

(BB3? trying for TLA's in all circumstances ... just short of an unstable android? But that would be Marvin-.... a hitchhikers guide to the galaxy reference, to help out.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Is there a clique?

Yes, I suppose there is.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

P.S.

I read the story, got the message...

SkyKing7SkyKing7over 5 years ago
Do Something Cool

...and get a Shit Storm. Sorry about that as I eagerly look forward to all the events as do a lot of us. More like a spectator sport than a dinner party, though. The bleachers are full.

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
I was going to hammer 🔨 this

Until i read the comments, where i then understood this really is a high school pissing match. So tired of it, just write for your own pleasure and readers will read for same. Some of the “clique” is so sensitive to ceiticism, ie randy hasnt written a story i can get into in years, so my comments blocked. I mean really? I recognize the hard qork ahe does, that doesnt mean i am going to score her stories higher or be leas genuine in my comments. Get over it people-in the end what is said and done here is meaningless

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
@g912...whatever

Maybe reread the comment a few more times, it seems you are one of those that struggles with English.

Sbrooks, you are correct on that point, the problem is there should be no clique to begin with.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@tfnnj

If you go to the Bulletin Board, Author's Hangout, there is a thread for the challenge.

Jezzaz has instructions for getting a story included.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
Is there a clique?

why give a shit? there are regulars that write lw stories and i for one thank them for it.

i am aware who people think the "clique" are, some of them clearly have writing ability and no imagination, by the same token there are hundreds if not thousands of potentially great lw stories spoiled by poor writing skills, why don't some of the decent writers get together with some of the lesser skilled and do rewrites of some of these potentially great stories, similiar to ftds? he has turned shit into diamonds in some cases (but not all).

not part of a clique, friends, mutual appreciation society? who cares. just write your own stories, if you don't shoot a woman in the face it will be labeled "fag cuck shit" by the btb brigade anyway and scored 1* or if there's no sex it will get scored 1* by the self abuse brigade but again who gives a shit? write for yourself, write us a story, take on board any constructive criticism and write us another! but make it a "proper story" and not a creampie slurping fetish fantasy.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 5 years ago
It's My Party

It's My Party. Enough said, I only invited certain people, i.e. not you. I don't need or want anyone else. If you are so insecure about me, you need to just get a life!

Jetcrash747

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Well......

HDK made a point.

A good point.

But even a good point isn't a story.

Just a good idea for a story.

No ratings from me.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago
It’s all about POV ...

Here’s what I’m getting from this debate.

HDK set up three points of view: writers, readers and the geeks. He gives voice to a way writer’s might react. Elitist, self-satisfied. They Leave us in their dust. HDK slams the trolls and the geeks as annoying. Lotta truth there. The surface message is snark and cheap comedy. The readers are packing the place, hungry for something tasty (it’s set in a restaurant for a reason).

There’s another way to approach the story. You can also read the story without the snark and straight up. When you do, it’s a homage to what storytelling should be. What idiots would writers be, who run from their readers? What joy is there in reading a trite story written to pass a troll’s purity test? And readers, who read and enjoy but never rate or comment, what use is their silence? It’s all so self-defeating. So the story is deeper than it’s surface.

Here’s my takeaway. HDK issuggesting we all take a breath. Writers, put some heart in your stories. Trolls and weirdo’s of all ilks, lighten up and give it a rest. Readers, vote always and please comment - civilly. There’s an invitation hidden away in the ending. Write something and post it. Ask a writer you admire to take a look and make suggestions. Work at it and get better. One day, you’ll be cool too.

(Yeah, I get it. Who am I to preach? Nobody but Someone had to do it.)

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
@kimi1990

You make me laugh.

You have always been little more than a troll with your comments, which brought you some minor and brief popularity as long as they were against people disliked by the majority of those who are active on this site.

It quickly became apparent, though, that you lacked a point to go with your biting commentary and people started treating you for what you are. Now you linger about, suckling the teats of authors whom you consider popular, so that you might retain some blip of relativity. Just stop, it isn't working kiddo.

As for my original point, another certain btb author here did the same thing a while ago by writing a story that was little more than a 'fuck you' to the clique HDK belongs to and got fucking castigated by the lot of them. Yet we should just fall on our knees like you and suck their cocks rather than call them out on their HYPOCRISY? Fuck that, fuck you.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Mordbrand

Did someone piss in your Wheaties this morning?

So, you call out Harddaysknight, compare him to two despised politicians and accuse him of being childish. And that's all cool.

In return, someone calls you out. You seem to believe that is emphatically not cool.

Am I understanding this properly?

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 5 years ago
This story, censorship, cliques, and some suggestions...

About this story:

I'd find it almost impossible to develop anything with real meaning in only 750 words. This story does about as well as one would expect.

HDK mentioned censorship:

Being based in the USA Literotica has its limitations, and those limits are clearly laid out in all its opening comments. Any further censorship on this site would be someone's personal preference regardless of any disclaimers.

About cliques:

Be they cliques, coteries, cabals, private clubs, gangs, or whatever they are by nature exclusive in intent, someone or some group must be left out, excluded. Such groups, though they persist, are by their nature un-American. Moreover, such a group inherently requires an arbiter, some person or group whose purpose is to define who is included and who is excluded. Three high profile excluding groups in America are "The American Nazi Party", the "Ku Klux Klan", and the "Nation of Islam".

My suggestions:

I'd like to recommend three books by Owen Wister; "The Virginian", "Lin McClain", and "Lady Baltimore". The last book, in many ways, is an example of the characteristics of exclusion. The first two books define the "American Cowboy".

Respectfully,

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Wow, Firstborn

That was quite a stretch (no offense intended, Reed).

You know what else fits your definition? Your softball team. The United States Congress. Your family. The VFW. People who are left handed. Nobel prize winners. College graduates. Your Christmas mailing list. Folks you consider friends.

Yup. All anti-American.

"About cliques:

Be they cliques, coteries, cabals, private clubs, gangs, or whatever they are by nature exclusive in intent, someone or some group must be left out, excluded. Such groups, though they persist, are by their nature un-American. Moreover, such a group inherently requires an arbiter, some person or group whose purpose is to define who is included and who is excluded. Three high profile excluding groups in America are "The American Nazi Party", the "Ku Klux Klan", and the "Nation of Islam". "

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
A classic story. Small and perfectly formed. By the way... Is there a clique?

Well, some people clacked, then they clicked and then they cliqued.

If anyone has a problem with that, why not get together yourselves, open a bottle of veuve clicquot and see if you can clink, drink, clack, click and clique, too?

Could b e the start of something beautiful.

FirstBorn374FirstBorn374over 5 years ago
Mr. Matt Black

That stuff you mentioned can't be consumed without first removing a cork so that's one set of select company I'll take a pass on. However, I will raise a toast with a can of PBR, "So here's to all the great cliques in the world. May they all clatter about clumsily."

Imagine a clique on a porn site. What? Who can write the dirtiest soliloquy.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
@bebop

I don't eat Wheaties.

I don't mind being called out if I am out of line. Kimi wasn't calling me out, she was doing her best to troll her way back into the cool kid groupies.

As I said, what strikes me here is the hypocrisy of this 'story'. When HDK and others of the clique he belongs to called out Van and CoC for the darkness of their stories, someone posted a short tale like this one to slam Randi. Like fire ants all of the clique boiled forth in defense, claiming that the poster was Van in disguise and freaking out about a satirical post. Yet when they get some heat for holding invite only events, they write a satiri... You get my drift, I hope?

To be clear, I don't give a fuck who they invite or how they run events they took the time to set up. If a writer isn't invited, they can simply do like jimbob44 does and post a story following the theme around the same time. I do tend to care when someone who railed against slams disguised as stories, passive aggressively posts the same thing to get their point across. I respect Hdk as a writer, but this was beneath him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why is this in loving wives as there is

no sex, no cheating, nothing but a smatter of a few minutes conversation about a dinner reservation?

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
umm?

what was that? wasnt a story, was that a essay or something? and why the drama just dont go to the dinner lol dumb "story" about dumb ppl

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 5 years ago
Fun but predictible

Of course I saw the ending coming, but I am sure we all did. Enjoyed it anyway.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years agoAuthor
To anonymous making a comment before this one.

You called me a "write winger"? That was really funny and quite clever. I like it. The truth is I am every bit as good as I think I am! Others agree! Live with my greatness like I have learned to do. It isn't easy being me.Once again, I must point out that the so-called clique of lit goes by the name "CLIT" and I ask that you use that term when referring to me and my asshole friends. Is that too much to ask?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
i enjoy hdk stories and want more

for all that are piss off at this story, there a place you can go and be hot.write your own story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
No cheating, no cucking, no extra marital sex . . .

no sex on or off screen, no extraordinary effort by the wife to show love to her husband

Why is this in loving wives?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
@Annie, "I fail to see..."

Well, why blame anyone else for your lack of vision? I know your lack of mental acuity makes it hard to recognize HDK's brilliance. Somehow, he will have to console himself with his millions of views, 106 red Hs, four contest wins and dozens of Hall of Fame entries.

Yes, I take great pleasure in deleting your little essays. Because I can, and it's so much fun! "Are you sure you want to permanently delete this comment?" Let me think... Yes! The power, the rush of endorphins, sooo good! I don't even know why you bitches bother, anymore. Face it, Annie; it's me. I win; you lose. Always.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
If you can't say something nice

You'll get a lot more comments from the LW commentariat in reply than if you do.

This commentary thread has burbled along since January, with a few comments added every so often as somebody decides to take a swipe at somebody else. Fun, isn't it?

I note that we have another topic (Welcome to the New World) recently announced for several authors to submit stories about. I envy anybody who has the ability to 'write to order' like that. I can't write unless I believe in the message in my story.

Clique, claque or whatever, who cares who authors it if the story is a good one and well written?

Lue

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years agoAuthor
I always thought writers

could embrace a lot of different subjects and write about them. Those of us that post in LW should have no problem writing something about a marriage where the wife is the bigger wage earner, and the possible insecurities of the husband. That theme lends itself to LW quite nicely.

mcbsmcbsalmost 5 years ago
Wrong Category

Should be in Non Erotic category.

green117green117almost 5 years ago
oh, and while I'm at it...

I also just read some Dorothy Parker -

Re: the circle and being a writer, come to mind...

G-S

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
whiskey tango foxtrot!

how does this belong in LW?? color me confused...

green117green117almost 5 years ago
Hum... apparently I failed at the first half of my submission...

I thought the adoring public might find https://www.literotica.com/s/an-evening-at-marvins-bar by "jed" to be of interest... along these lines.

Or maybe not... there is Bebops https://www.literotica.com/s/muscle-shoals perhaps also apropos. I suggest looking at his catalog - lots of stuff recently, not necessarily LW.

On this clique thing... I am very supportive of some of the work the clique seems to do - helping authors and getting them back to productivity if appropriate. On the other hand... existing and productive authors seems to have much of their time and effort directed to clique projects. Certainly authors have the right to do just that, but I kinda miss seeing what the authors might have had in mind all by their lonesome.

I have edited for the profession I had - and I always had the problem of "how much to edit? When does what my edit does to the text damage the integrity of the product?" and I was at the time talking about some not-native-speakers and their English grammar issues... Russians and articles, actually.

Not an easy task, editing...

YMMV

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well...We all learned something.

Just say no to drugs while attempting to write a story. How did this nonsense even get posted?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why

Why does Jeff have to pay?.They have canceled well in advance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
*

this is in loving wives... why?

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Interesting story. I've known a lot of people like that - not the clique but the others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
because loving wives are involved

STUPIDO IGNORANT UNINFORMED " why is this in L W

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Interesting story and very different for this site. I'm not sure it's the right category for this, but who cares? Interesting is interesting anywhere you find it. I certainly would not want to have dinner with some of those people.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Not a fan of snobby cliques...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...