All Comments on 'Get Yourself Free'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
PuggyWishbonePuggyWishbonealmost 4 years ago

That was delightful. Thank you.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
A lot to like

There is a lot to like in this short story, including several good little insights. I liked your mini-analysis of break-ups at the start and the all-too-human point about Jeremy being annoying because he made sense. But I couldn't agree with Emily and Carmen about 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (I never thought this number was worthy of Paul Simon---my opinion, sorry). My one criticism of the story is that it did seem a little rushed, that there could have been a lot more to it. Perhaps you could think about a second part.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Losing a female lover to another woman is hard, because you can't fight against that, because it's not possible.

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story!

And one of the things I really like about it, beyond the great writing and the way you bring each scene to life, is that (for once on Lit) it's not full of angst and pain. Well, some angst. But basically it's a happy story about people finding each other, and no one else being made miserable. Thanks so much for this!

ohio

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Wonderful story, Ms. Moon. 5 stars all day long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hmmm

It's well written but it's a very sad story. Depressing even.

You also didn't really write the boyfriend right though. No but would act that way.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Good story, well written no doubt, but not my cup of tea

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 4 years ago

Hard to Lose a Wife to a Woman

I have known a couple of couples where the wife left to be with a woman. In both cases there was a terrible amount of pain. Hopefully with less stigma attached to same-sex relationships people will not have to hide their real orientation, even from themselves, cause when it comes to the sharp end it really hurts. The husbands had no idea it was brewing. Bad, bad. This story soft-peddled the hurt unrealistically. Yet it felt authentic. This is a tribute to GITM's skill.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
FREE?????FROM WHAT....AND FOR HOW LONG

one can be talked into just about anything, especially if you are talking to yourself. TK U MLJ LV NV

green117green117almost 4 years ago
Sweet story -

Though I liked the rendition of CT's girl meets girl story a bit better - having the new woman terminally attractive is a choice that limits the buy in for me.

Are there guys like Will? Sure - I like to think I've traveled that road many, many years ago. Still friendly with the woman in question, I am. Is it easy? Not always - but what else are you going to do? There is no arguing kink... or free choice, your choice of the level of empowerment you want with the situation.

I'm still unfortunately attracted to dyke-ish women... I mean, how can I entirely empathize with women who are sexually attracted to ... ewww.... guys? Weird and twisted that kink is...

I have been told, btw, that bisexuals have a bad name among the sexually adventurous... they have an easy out of commitment no matter who you are.

I did like the story. Sorry to see all the people who were going "I feel uncomfortable because it is not my kink"... their problem, not yours. I do, however, avoid the Lesbian board - oddly enough, because I have no desire to perv out on people who would find the attention uncomfortable. Some of my best friends, and all of that...

Hope that you are well, and that the future holds many good things.

Green-something

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
???????????????????????

Ending? What happened with the boy friend?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I hope there is a part 2

I honestly loved this story. I left a man to be w a woman and we remained friends just recognized it for what it was. I relate to this. Well written good build and very sexy.

You’re a great writer ppl will criticize bc everyone’s experiences are different however I loved this can’t wait to read more.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
How lovely...

...a story was that! Must confess I've never ventured into this category before but as it was a great author thought I'd take a look, how remiss of me not to have been here before. It really was a lovely tale, thank you.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 4 years ago
The End ?

Nicely crafted story with near perfect eroticism. Agree with Maonaigh - story really pleads for more; I for one would like to know more about Emily and Carmen. You write well.

stev2244stev2244almost 4 years ago

I know that I'm in for a treat when I see a new Gitm story and I wasn't disappointed at all. Great story.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
OOOH My

Sweet sexy story. The first I've read from you. I'm partial to lesbian romances. First time stories too. Emily and Will seem like they can remain friends.

I was hoping there might have been a little hiccup that would extend the story but ultimately with the same outcome. A chapter two has appeal also. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Marvelous story and writing. 5 stars.

1 comment and a question. When Will expressed his own feelings about their relationship, I thought, at first, that he was aware of Emily's desire to leave and was just making it easier for her. Turns out, it was the author making it easier for Emily to leave. Maybe the author just didn't want to write a bad breakup scene and the subsequent emotional fallout from that. Mostly a happy ending for everyone.

The question I have is, should Carmen have been upset that Emily defined herself as bisexual and not lesbian? Does it make a difference to a confirmed lesbian that her lover/mate describes herself as bi and not exclusively attracted to women? Just wondering.

OldnotDead71OldnotDead71over 3 years ago
Is there anything you can't write well?

Emily was so well defined. Not understated, but not overly written, either. It's the old "show, not tell" adage, so well done! The sex was nicely drawn out. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great characters. I would like to know Carmen, but unfortunately in this case, I’m not a woman, and she already has one anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just love your story. It was very romantic and coming from a straight man I never thought I’d ever say that. I’m not sure most men recognize that women are stronger than they appear. I’ve often thought that women are the strongest sex. They can do a better job of most things without getting upset about status and needing to show off their strength and posture. Keep up your writing. It’s beautiful.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

Cute. Simple. Not plain, though. More than just a sex scene. But certainly no "Afterglow".

For it's length, it deserves a 5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***