Flash 03: Loose Ends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're serious?" I asked, surprised that she would fall on her own sword like that. She nodded her head.

"Completely. Just get the papers together and I'll sign them," she said. "No questions asked." I was surprised that she didn't offer any excuses or cliches. I gently probed her mind and found that she was completely sincere. "I do love you, Cameron, but I know you can't live with what I've done and I don't blame you. You deserve someone much better than me. Just... throw me away and move on with your life. Trust me, you'll be a lot happier."

I considered what she said for a few minutes, then stood up. An idea was starting to germinate in my mind but I needed to speak with Drew. I looked down at her before speaking.

"I appreciate your honesty, Ginger," I said. "I also appreciate your willingness to face this head on with no excuses. I'll need a couple days to wrap my head around all this. Then I'll be back. I do love you, Ginger, but you're right. I can't live with what you've done. I'll talk to you later." I heard her sobs as I went through the door, tears starting to form in my eyes.

When I got to my car, I pulled out my phone and called Drew's personal cell. He had given me his number and said to call if I needed to. I felt like I really needed to.

"Drew, this is Cameron Drake," I said when he answered.

"What's going on, Mr. Drake? Is everything alright?" he asked.

"I need you to do something for me if you would, please. I'd appreciate it if you could put a rush on this. And yes, I'll pay you for your time," I said. I went on to explain what I had in mind. He didn't say anything as I laid out my idea.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked when I finished. "This is highly... irregular."

"Absolutely," I said. "Can you get this done in, say, a day or two?"

"Yeah, I don't see any reason why not," he said.

"Thanks, Drew," I said. "Give me a call when it's ready." We ended the call and I headed home, where I spent a couple hours doing some of the mental exercises Smith and Jones had given me before considering everything Ginger told me. I sincerely hoped I was doing the right thing...

A couple days later, I went back to the rehab facility. I had purposefully stayed away, not wanting to give Ginger any hope that we might reconcile. I had connected to her mind a couple times, though, and found that she was beside herself with sorrow and regret. Tonight would be... interesting, I thought to myself.

I met the process server outside her door and nodded my head. He knew what the plan was and smiled back at me. I went inside and held the door open for him after I confirmed that Ginger was decent. She looked up, shocked, when I came into the room. I could tell that she had been crying, though.

"Please, no," I heard her say in her mind when the process server came in. He walked over to her and handed her the large envelope.

"Ginger Drake?" he asked.

"Yes," she said.

"You've been served," he said, taking a step back. She sniffled as she opened the envelope and pulled out the paperwork. I handed her a pen from my pocket.

"If you would, go ahead and sign and initial where the blue arrows indicate, please," I said in a monotone. She took the pen from me, her hands trembling. I saw tears fall down her face as she signed and initialed the paperwork. She handed the pen back when she was finished, then held the paperwork to the process server.

I intercepted the papers and put them back in the envelope, nodding at the process server, who knowingly smiled back as he nodded his head.

"I'll take care of these," I said. "Thank you for your time."

"You're welcome," he said. "Good luck." After he left the room, I turned back to Ginger, who was still crying.

"So, I guess that's it, then?" she asked through her tears.

"If that's the way you want it," I said.

"It's not," she said.

"It's not exactly what I wanted, either," I said. "But it is what it is. So, when do you think you'll be available for your public spanking?"

"Public spanking?" she asked, shocked.

"Yes, you agreed to it, after all," I said.

"I agreed to no such thing!"

"I beg to differ with you, Ginger. Right here on the third page. You initialed the clause. Don't you read what you sign? You agreed to have your bare bottom spanked in front of a live studio audience. See?" I held the papers for her to see the clause. She ripped the papers out of my hand and read the clause out loud.

"What the hell kind of a joke is this?" she asked. Good, I thought. She's getting her dander up. I watched as she tore through the rest of the papers. "What else is in here?" she asked. She looked at the last page.

"What? 'State of Confusion?' County Clerk: M. Mouse? These aren't even real," she said. "You brat! You tricked me!"

"Maybe a little bit," I said. "I wanted to see how committed you were to what you said." She threw the papers back at me and sat in her bed, looking up at me.

"So, you really don't want a divorce then?" she asked. "After everything that's happened? I take it then that everything will go back to the way it was." I shook my head.

"No, it won't," I said. "In fact, it will never go back to the way it was. You see, there have been a lot of changes. I've changed. A lot. I'm still changing, in fact."

"Yeah, you said you're taking martial arts. I know that," she said.

"It's more than that. A whole lot more," I said.

"I don't understand," she said.

"Well, since we're baring our souls to each other, I guess it's only fair I tell you the whole truth," I said.

"What do you mean?" she asked. "Have you been sleeping with other women all this time or something?"

"No, nothing like that," I said. "You remember when I got struck by lightning?"

"Yes, I remember," she said.

"Well, that wasn't lightning," I told her. I told her the entire story -- about Smith and Jones, about my evolving mental abilities -- everything.

"Oh my God," she gasped when I finished.

"Thing is, I don't even know what the end result will be," I said. "Smith and Jones both say my DNA is still in flux."

"Fuck," she said in response. It was very rare for her to cuss, and her outburst caught me by surprise.

"There's more," I said. "I have all of your memories downloaded to my computer."

"My memories?" she asked.

"Yes. Everything from the day you were born to just after the accident. I have a whole lot more. I also have a record of every thought, every emotion, every little secret -- everything. In fact, having your entire brain feed is what kept me from really divorcing you," I said.

"Brain feed?" she asked.

"Yes, everything that went on in your brain is on my computer. And it's a good thing. It put everything into context for me. Answered a lot of questions. Smith and Jones analyzed it and they not only determined when your tumor formed, but they were also able to show that it was, at least, partially responsible for your actions. Believe me, if all I had was the video I shot of you and Wheeler that day, we'd be divorced right now."

"So, what happens now?" she asked.

"Well, I guess that's up to you. It won't be easy. We'll have a lot to work through, but if you want, I'm willing to give our marriage another shot," I said. Her face lit up at that.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Seriously," I said. "But I have to warn you, I won't be so forgiving if anything like this ever happens again."

"Nothing like this will ever happen again, I promise," she said. "I'll do whatever it takes. I promise you I'll be the best wife any man could ever want." I nodded my head as she spoke. "So, what am I thinking right now?" she asked with a smile.

"Something about putting the 'do not disturb' sign on the door," I said. Her smile grew as I put the sign on the door and closed it. When I turned around, she had already removed her pajamas and leaned back on the bed, naked, her legs spread.

"Are you strong enough for this?" I asked as I undressed.

"Well, come here to me and let's find out," she said. I laid down on the bed and took her in my arms. "I love you so much, Cam," she said. "I promise you won't regret this. Now, please, make me your woman again. And don't ever stop." We kissed for some time and she worked her way on top of me. I knew she liked being on top, so I let her have this.

"It seems your brain isn't the only thing that's gotten enhanced," she said as she grasped my now-hard cock. "I just hope I can take it all." I smiled at that.

"I do too," I said. I watched as she lowered herself onto me. We both gasped when I entered her and I watched her impale herself on me, clear to the hilt. Then she started riding me, and it was "Katy bar the door."

We didn't just make love that first time. We almost devoured each other. Finally, I felt the initial signs of an orgasm, and knew she was close as well. Then it happened.

The universe exploded.

Or at least that's what it seemed like. I closed my eyes tight but still saw the bright light as my eyes flashed. When her orgasm hit, it seemed like our molecules had somehow merged and the two of us had literally become one being. I had never experienced anything so intense in my entire life. Finally, we both caught our breath and looked into each other's eyes.

For a moment, I thought I saw a spark in one of her eyes and wondered... She smiled and kissed me deeply.

"That was absolutely amazing," she whispered. "Don't ever stop doing that to me."

"I won't," I said. "And yes, it was amazing. Are you okay? You're not hurt?"

"I'm more than okay," she said. We held each other for a bit and I glanced over at the clock.

"Oh, shit, Smith and Jones are coming tonight," I said. "I'd better get back to the house."

"Okay," she said. "I'll let it go this time. Promise you'll be back tomorrow?"

"Absolutely," I said. I got out of bed and dressed as she put her pajamas back on. I pulled the sign off the door and one of the nurses came in to check on Ginger.

"Is everything okay?" the nurse asked.

"Yeah," Ginger said with a coy smile. "I'm just getting some... therapy." The nurse smiled.

"Uh huh," she said. "Tell you what, why don't I change these sheets while you take a shower and get ready for bed."

"Okay," Ginger said, getting out of the bed. I felt a bit embarrassed, but I had a feeling this wasn't the first time something like this had happened. Ginger came over to me and gave me a kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said.

"See you then," I said. "Love you."

"Love you too," she said. I drove home, feeling happier than I had in a very long time. Smith and Jones showed up a few minutes after I got home. They looked at me funny when they came inside.

"You were with your wife today?" Smith asked.

"Yes, I was," I said.

"We can tell," Jones said. "Did you... copulate with her today?" What the hell kind of a question was that, I wondered.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I did," I said. "Why?" They looked at each other for a few moments before responding.

"Oh, nothing," Smith said. I didn't believe him, but didn't press it. Perhaps I should have. We went through our exercises and they gave me another assignment from the manual.

"Your life is about to change in ways you cannot begin to imagine, Cameron Drake," Jones said. "It is nearly time for you to advance to the next level."

"How do you feel about children?" Smith asked.

"I've always wanted one or two. Why?" I asked. Smith and Jones looked at each other for a moment.

"You will know soon enough. Good evening," Jones said. They left and I wondered what they were on about.

...

Over the next week, my schedule consisted of work, study, and visits with Ginger. Our relationship seemed to be healing and we opened up to each other in ways we had never done before. The sex was fantastic -- even better than it was before all the crap with Wheeler started.

I finally decided to make my move and put in my two week's notice. Ryan wasn't thrilled to see me leave, but he understood my life had changed and I was looking to pursue other interests. The company held a small party for me on my last day, and everyone wished me well.

"If things don't work out for you, Cam, you're always welcome back," Ryan said.

"Thanks, boss, I appreciate that," I said.

That day, I told Ginger what I had done and told her about my plan to go into business for myself. At first, she was concerned, especially with the finances.

"Cam, can we afford that? It takes money to start up a business, and we still have bills to pay."

"That won't be a problem," I told her. "Between the settlements and what Jack paid me, we're worth just north of $800 million."

"$800 million?" she asked. "Are you kidding me?"

"Not at all," I said.

"We'll have to find another house," she said. "We can't run a business from the condo. It's not zoned for that."

"No problem," I said. "Once you're released from here we'll go find the perfect house."

"But do you know how to run a business? Who's going to take care of the books?" she asked.

"Well, I do have someone in mind for that," I said. "That is, if she's willing to take it on."

"Oh? Who?" she asked.

"You," I said.

"Me?" she asked. "But what about my job?"

"Jack said he'd let you work part time while I get set up and established," I said. "So, are you up to it?"

She thought about it for a few minutes, then a smile spread across her face and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Of course, my husband," she said. "It'll be our little adventure. So, what kind of a business is this going to be? Are you going to fix computers or something?"

"No," I said. "Jack, Smith and Jones suggested I use my abilities to help other people. So, that's what I intend to do."

"Wow," she said. "I'm impressed. What are your plans starting out?"

"Well, Nathan -- Jack's nephew -- suggested I take some courses in criminal justice, maybe get certified as a private investigator. That may take a couple years."

"It sounds interesting," she said. "I can't wait to get started."

"Jack also said he's called some of the local private investigators he knows. None of them have a spot for an intern, but he's said there's one guy who's very interested in talking to me. Someone named Max Burnage. I called, and set up an appointment to meet him in three weeks."

"You're really serious about this, aren't you?" Ginger asked.

"I am," I told her.

"Whatever you decide, I'll be there for you. No matter what," she said.

"That means a lot to me," I said. "Thanks."

The next three weeks were a blur. I signed up for some online classes and spent as much time as I could soaking up everything I could. I continued my workouts with Smith and Jones along with my martial arts class. At the same time, I scoured the papers looking for a house, but nothing grabbed my attention.

Ginger was finally released from the rehab facility, so I collected her and brought her back to the condo. Jack and some of the girls from her office had planned a surprise party for her, so I let them in the condo so they could set up while I went to get her.

We all had a good time, and everyone was glad to see her back on her feet. By the time the party ended, she was exhausted, so I helped her take a bath and put her to bed.

"This isn't the same bed we used to have," she told me when I got in with her.

"No, it's not," I said. "I got rid of the old one a long time ago. I hope this one is comfortable enough for you."

"As long as you're here with me, it doesn't really matter," she said. We fell asleep in each other's arms in our own place for the first time in months, and it felt good to have her back.

She didn't know what to make of Smith and Jones the first time she met them. At first she was scared, but I assured her she had nothing to be scared of. They spent the first half hour of their visit examining her with a collection of small, hand-held devices.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Just conducting a preliminary examination," Smith said. "Nothing to be concerned about." When they finished, they consulted with each other in what I had come to learn was their native language. Then they turned to Ginger.

"Despite the medieval nature of your species' medicine, your tumor seems to have been completely mitigated," Jones said.

"What?" she asked.

"Your tumor is completely gone," Smith said. "And your body is returning to normal parameters. However, we suggest you visit one of your doctors soon."

"Why?" she asked. "I'm healed, I'm rehabilitated, I'm doing very well, thank you."

"Indeed. But you have engaged in sexual intercourse with your husband, have you not?" Jones asked.

"Of course, we're married," she said.

"You have accepted his DNA into your body."

"Uh, yeah. So?" she asked, confused.

"His DNA is still in flux," Smith said. "His transition is not yet complete."

"Transition into what?" she asked.

"A more perfect version of himself," Jones said.

"We will need to monitor you," Smith said. "Please take note of any changes you detect in yourself and let us know. We will be back in a week to check on you." He turned to me before speaking again.

"Keep an eye on your wife, Cameron. Take note of any changes you see, no matter how small or insignificant you think they may be," he said.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"So far, yes. But we have... concerns. Continue with the work we have already given you."

"Alright," I said. They left the condo and Ginger looked at me, confused.

"That was... interesting," she said. "What do you think they were on about?"

"I don't know," I said. "But we'd better do as they ask. I've learned to listen to what they say. Keep a journal and note anything out of the ordinary, no matter how small. Changes, dreams, thoughts, whatever. If they're concerned, I'm concerned."

"Alright, Cameron," she said.

I kept an eye on Ginger and periodically connected to her mind just to see if anything had changed. I did notice one thing -- a gold speck in her right eye that wasn't there before. Ginger told me she had started hearing strange things whenever she was close to someone.

"Those are their thoughts," I said. "Make a note of that in your journal."

"I will," she said. "You hear that all the time?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah," I said. "I've learned to focus my attention so it doesn't distract me too much, but it can be a pain in the ass. Smith and Jones can help you deal with it."

"There's something else," she said. "I stopped to get some gas and I saw this guy. I don't know who he was, but he looked -- odd."

"What do you mean, odd?" I asked.

"Well, he reminded me a bit of those 3-D pictures. You know, the ones where you have to wear the red and blue glasses," she said.

"Yes, that's called an anaglyph," I said. "You saw that?"

"Yes," she said. "It was hard looking at him. It was like I was seeing three of him in different colors. I started getting a headache after a while."

"I know what you mean," I said. "I have the same thing happen to me. That happens when you meet someone who's being deliberately underhanded. The more underhanded and deceitful the person, the worse the effect. You'd better make a note of that."

"That happens to you as well?" she asked.

"Yes. Remember that first day you came to visit me in the hospital? That's what you looked like to me."

"I remember you saying it hurt to look at me," she said. "I thought you were just disgusted with me and was trying to hurt me."

"I WAS disgusted with you, but no, I wasn't trying to hurt you. It actually gave me a headache looking at you."

"Do you still get that when you look at me?" she asked. I shook my head.

"No, I don't. Not since the accident," I said.

"I'm glad," she said. She went into the bedroom to fill in her journal for Smith and Jones. I knew this was only the beginning for her, but I had no idea how far she would progress.