Edge of Breaking Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jealous?" Gracie stammered, trying to catch her breath.

"Breathe in. Breathe out," Nancy instructed. "Jealous?"

"Yeah, y'all really look good together. Wish I had someone like you two have," Anthony said.

"Uncle Antny, you going meet someone," Gracie struggled to say.

"Breathe, Gracie, breathe," Nancy said. "Yeah, Uncle Antny, you'll find someone."

"Are you okay, Sweetheart?" Lisa asked her daughter.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm, I'm," Gracie wheezed.

"Need anything?" Lisa asked.

"Miss Lisa, we get some water?" Nancy asked.

"On it," Joe Gaudet said. "Water for everybody."

"Not. Funny, Joe," Lisa smiled.

"Hmm?" Anthony asked.

"Joe's the CEO of St. Elizabeth Water and Sewage," Lisa smiled, gently rubbing her daughter's back.

Joe returned with two cups of water. Nancy grabbed one of the cups and held it out to Gracie. Watching, Lisa felt a twinge of sadness, of happiness. This girl was replacing her in her daughter's life.

"Thank you for, for standing up," Gracie gasped out to her mother.

"Well, I had to," Lisa said lightly. "God only knows what would have happened if Nancy had gotten a hold of your Uncle Jimmy."

"He'd be dog meat," Nancy stated firmly.

"I believe it," Anthony said.

The band returned and launched into 'All Day And All Of The Night' by The Kinks. From there they went to 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' by The Beatles.

"Ready dance again?" Nancy asked Gracie.

Gracie looked up. She was still trying to regulate her breathing, still trying to calm her hammering heart. She couldn't help but smile at her lover, though.

"Yeah, let's dance," Gracie said, gulping down the last of her water.

"Yeah, let's dance," Joe said to Lisa, guiding her to follow the two girls.

"Twist and shout!" Nancy screamed at the band as the notes of the previous song died down.

"You heard the lady, boys," the singer said and the band launched into 'Twist And Shout' by The Beatles.

When the band took another break, Nancy and Gracie also took a break from dancing. They grabbed finger foods from the nearby table and again joined Anthony and Susan, and the rest of the Whitehead clan.

Nancy met Aunt Cindy and Aunt Cindy's daughters Penny and Stacie. Upon meeting Aunt Barbara, Nancy saw that, even though Cindy and Barbara were identical twins, she'd not have any problem telling them apart. Aunt Barbara had a softness, a gentleness to her that Aunt Cindy did not have.

Aunt Barbara's husband Dennis, and their son Dwight both flirted clumsily with Nancy, much to Barbara's amusement. Penny was civil, coolly polite to Nancy, her husband smiled, but kept his distance. Stacie drunkenly asked Gracie who was the man in their relationship. Her date looked shocked, disgusted with Stacie.

"Stacie, that is none of our business," Aunt Cindy snapped. "Do you think maybe you've had enough of the champagne?"

At eleven thirty, Nancy and Gracie went out onto the covered porch to watch the fireworks display the Country Club was putting on. Gracie clutched on to Nancy's hand as the sky lighted and the glass shook from the deafening booms.

"Every year, I'd stay out here and watch this," Gracie whispered. "And every year, I'd be out here all by myself."

Nancy didn't know what to say to that statement. So she turned her face away from the streaming flashes and gently kissed Gracie's lips.

"I love you," Nancy murmured into Gracie's throat.

At five minutes before midnight, the PA system crackled with the news that it was five minutes until midnight. Nancy and Gracie hurried back inside. They located the Whitehead clan and wiggled to stand between Lisa and Susan Whitehead.

"Three! Two! One, Happy New Year!" they all screamed and tossed handsful of confetti into the air. Outside, the sky lighted with a barrage of fireworks and the thunderous booms could be heard inside.

"Happy New Year, Sweetheart," Nancy said to Gracie and they kissed.

"Happy New Year," Gracie agreed.

They turned and hugged each member of the Whitehead clan. Nancy smirked when Cousin Dwight did give her butt a squeeze.

"Lucky its New Year's, kid," Nancy said, messing up the boy's hair.

"That's my boy!" Dennis hugged his son.

"Uncle Dennis! That's not nice," Nancy said.

One by one, they began to depart. Stacie was the first, by now so drunk she could hardly walk. Her date wrestled the keys from her and poured her into her coat. Aunt Barbara and Uncle Dennis were next. Dwight tried to get another hug from Nancy but she held up a fist.

"Nuh uh, Quick Hands. You're not getting anywhere near my butt again," she declared.

"Dwight," Barbara chided, trying to hide her smile.

Susan and Anthony were the last of the Whiteheads to leave. Anthony helped his mother put her coat on, then hugged her tightly.

"Love you, boy," Susan said.

"You too, Momma. Be careful, hear? I know how you old people have all kind of trouble seeing at night; it's so dark out there," Anthony teased.

"Boy! I swear!" Susan protested.

"Seriously, Mother, be careful. Bunch of drunks out there right now," Anthony cautioned.

He then fished his claim check out. The girl gave a tight smile and retrieved his coat.

Anthony looked at the girl. Earlier that evening, the attractive blonde had worn a brilliant smile, even displaying one crooked upper tooth. Her puffy lips had stretched wide, the smile had even reached her large brown eyes. But now, it was a tight, closed mouth smile.

"Problem?" Anthony asked the girl.

"I'm supposed get off in twenty minutes and my stupid boyfriend's not answering his phone," she snapped.

"Hmm?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, he's got my car and he went to Trevor's party and I know Charlie's going be there and he's going be all like 'Aw, hey, look it ain't but a thing, know what I'm saying?' but I'm one stuck here, knew I should have told him 'no, you can't use the wheels just 'cause I'm working,'" the girl said in a rush of words.

"Here, call him from my phone," Anthony said. "He's probably ignoring calls coming from yours."

The girl smiled and punched in the number. She was puzzled, but handed the phone back to Anthony when he held out his hand.

"Yeah? Who's this?" a drunken voice demanded angrily.

"Yo, yo, yo, dog! What up!" Anthony said cheerfully. "Uh, listen, don't worry 'bout coming get your girl, know what I'm saying? Yeah, me and my crew? We handle up on her, know what I'm saying? Peace out, bitches."

"Uh!" the girl said, eyes wide.

"By the way? Sounded drunk off his ass. So, even if he does come for you? I wouldn't get into any car with him," Anthony said, sending his ringing telephone to voice mail. "Where do you live?"

"Know where the Spanish Armada is?" the girl asked, ignoring her now ringing telephone.

"Hmm? Oh! Right there on Barcelona! Yeah, yeah, that's right on my way home," Anthony said. "Tell you what, I'll just hang out until you're done and I'll run you on home, okay?"

"Mister, you sure?" the girl asked. "I mean, I could be another twenty, thirty minutes here."

"Yes I'm sure. Like I said, he sounded drunk off his ass, and I haven't had anything to drink," Anthony said. "Meet you by the front door, okay?"

Twenty eight minutes later, the girl came, pulling a threadbare coat on over her uniform. Anthony had already retrieved his car from the valet, tipped the man, and wished him a happy new year.

"By the way, my name is Anthony Whitehead," Anthony said as he put his hand on the small of the girl's back, guiding her toward his Bentley.

"Huh? Oh! And I'm Nessie, Nessie Breaux," the girl said.

"Nessie?" Anthony asked, opening the passenger door for her.

"Yeah, it's really Vanessa, but no one calls me Vanessa," the girl said. "This is nice; what kind car this is?"

"It's a Bentley," Anthony said. "Gets me from point a to point b."

"Said you live by the Armada? Where you live?" Nessie asked.

"So, Vanessa, how long you been working at the Country Club?" Anthony asked, ignoring her question.

"Just for the Holidays. Since I turned eighteen last week? Hoping get hired on full time there. I love it," Nessie said.

"Yes, it is nice," Anthony agreed. "Just turned eighteen huh? Well, happy birthday."

"Thanks. Kind of sucks though. Since my birthday's on the twenty sixth? Lots of people try giving me just one present, saying it's both a Christmas present AND a birthday present all in one," Nessie said. "Man! This car is really nice!"

"Mm-hmm," Anthony agreed. "So, Vanessa, where do you go to school? One of my nieces just graduated from U.L.D last month."

"Mr. Anthony, no one calls me Vanessa," Nessie said. "And I don't. Dropped out of Elgee; got my DED last year."

"And no one calls me Mr. Anthony," Anthony smiled.

"So, where you live?" Nessie asked as he turned the luxury automobile onto Barcelona Way in Pinoak, Louisiana.

"On Pennington. About three miles away from the country club," Anthony admitted, pulling into the parking lot of the Spanish Armada apartment complex.

"Huh?" Nessie gasped. "Mister! You drove all the way out here? And you live all the way back there?"

"Mm-hmm. And Vanessa, if I had said I live on Pennington Drive, would you have let me drive you home?" Anthony asked.

"Well, no," Nessie said.

"And would still be sitting there, waiting. And would have had to call a cab, or hope another worker there could drive you home," Anthony said. "This way? I got to drive you home. I got to spend some time with a beautiful young lady."

"Well, at least let me pay for your gas," Nessie insisted, grabbing her worn purse.

"Ab. So. Lute. Ly not," Anthony said. "Happy new year, get out."

"Give me your phone," Nessie demanded.

"Hmm? Why?" Anthony asked, smiling. "Your boyfriend's already got my number."

"Not my boyfriend; he can have that Charlie Menendez skank," Nessie snapped.

Anthony gave Nessie his phone and watched as she rapidly punched in her phone number.

"Save it under Vanessa," Anthony stated firmly.

"I did," Nessie agreed.

Then she leaned up and gave Anthony a kiss that had his cock straining to burst his trousers.

"Night, Anthony," she breathed.

"Good night, Vanessa," he said.

Anthony sat and watched as the girl hurried through the cold night then scampered up a flight of steps to a second floor apartment. She turned and gave him a brilliant smile before disappearing from sight. Anthony gave a quick bleat with his horn, then backed out of the parking lot.

On the way home, he passed a St. Ann Parish police cruiser that had a nondescript subcompact car pulled over. He could see an angry, drunk looking young man sitting in the rear of the cruiser. A slightly attractive girl seemed quite animated as she talked with the police officer. Anthony wondered if this might have been Vanessa's boyfriend, and the unfortunate Charlie Menendez.

"Not no more," Anthony smiled. "He can have that Charlie Menendez skank."

While Anthony was punching in the code for the gated community's rear gates, Nancy and Gracie were already snuggled in bed, both snoring lightly. Nancy had one arm around Gracie's middle, had her right leg entwined between Gracie's legs.

While Anthony was undressing, while Nancy and Gracie were sleeping, Lisa was thanking Joe Gaudet for being her date with an expert blow job.

While Anthony was brushing his teeth, while Gracie and Nancy were sleeping peacefully, while Lisa was showing Joe a mouthful of sperm, Trey Edmonton was glumly posing for his mug shot.

While Anthony was stretching out on his bed, cock still hard from thoughts of Vanessa Breaux, while Nancy and Gracie were peacefully sleeping, while Joe was showing Lisa that he knew a few oral tricks of his own, while Trey was trying to think of whom to call from the Pinoak Lockup, Jimmy and his NA sponsor were sitting in the Waffle House on Highway 52, each geeing the other clean and sober. Jimmy was still resentful at his sister for not allowing him to make the amends he desperately wanted to make. Jimmy was still resentful at his mother for making him leave the country club's celebration.

"Jimmy, man, look, some amends, you just can't make, man," Big Bird said. "Man, 'except when to do so would injure them or others,' huh?"

"Yeah, but fuck, man! Shit! Been, what? Fifteen? Sixteen years now?" Jimmy snapped.

"Man, you don't get to determine how much someone else's been hurt by your actions," Big Bird said. "You don't get to say how deep the cut is, man."

New Year's Day began with a pale sun trying to warm a frozen earth. Gracie's outdoor thermometer showed a reading of twenty four degrees. Although Nancy claimed to not like oatmeal, she insisted that they have a big steaming bowl of it, with bacon crumbled up in it.

"God, eat like you pregnant, huh?" Gracie teased. "Bacon? In oatmeal?"

"Mm-hmm," Nancy enthused. "Oh. And I AM pregnant."

"And Mommy needs something yummy for her tummy," Gracie smiled as she drizzled honey into the bubbling mash.

After eating the sweet, savory breakfast, they cleaned up the kitchen. Then Nancy checked all the windows while Gracie checked all the doors. They giggled as they raced to beat one another into the master bedroom, to be the one to check the bedroom windows.

"You check that one, I'll get this," Nancy said as Gracie locked the bedroom door.

Then she overlapped the curtains, just like Gracie. Turning from the task, Nancy shrugged out of the bulky terry cloth robe, displaying her nude body.

"God, Nancy, every time I see you? You're more beautiful than ever," Gracie sighed.

Nancy helped Gracie shrug out of her robe. Then she helped Gracie out of the short flannel top, the loose flannel pants.

At first, they lay, Gracie on her right side, Nancy on her left and kissed. Their hands gently traced up and down each other's spines. Gracie was the first to move her hand down to her partner's buttocks, cupping and squeezing the delectable mounds.

Nancy took that moment to start sucking on Gracie's hard nipples. As Gracie moaned approval, she also worked a hand around to cup Nancy's pussy.

"Mm-hmm, oh Gracie my love," Nancy moaned as Gracie began to slide a finger into Nancy's wet pussy.

Nancy wiggled around, putting her feet toward the head of the bed, her head toward the foot of the bed. The two had found this position more amenable than fighting over who gets to be the one on top during sixty nine. Nancy lifted her left thigh and sighed as she felt Gracie's warm breath at her pussy.

Gracie lifted her left thigh and shivered as she felt Nancy's fingers at her wet slit.

Nancy slowly, languidly licked and sucked at Gracie's puffy inner lips, savoring the womanly taste of her lover. She fingered Gracie's pussy with two, then three fingers. Just as her own orgasm was threatening to burst, Nancy lightly bit down on Gracie's clitoris. Both lovers shuddered and grunted through their orgasm.

"Get the strap-on," Nancy ordered as she felt Gracie's tongue lapping around her anus. "Mommy wants her ass done. Now."

January second, Gracie drove Nancy to Nancy's parents' house. She met Nancy's father for the first time. The man's anger made Gracie shrink inside of herself, numbly following Nancy to her room.

Inside of Nancy's room, Nancy had Gracie hold open the garbage bag while she dumped clothing into the bag. When that bag was full, Gracie held open the second bag. Then the two girls left the Hebert house.

"And don't think you just going waltz in here when you two get evicted whatever trailer park y'all living in, hear?" Mr. Hebert snarled bitterly.

Michael smirked, Carrie actually let a tear roll down her pretty face as she watched her big sister leave their house.

"Yeah," Mrs. Hebert echoed her husband's sentiment.

"Breathe, Gracie, breathe," Nancy ordered as they dumped the two garbage bags into the trunk of the car. "Here, give me the keys; you can't drive like that."

Arriving home again, Gracie still numbly followed Nancy from garage to bedroom, dragging one of the garbage bags. She and Nancy filled the large closet with Nancy's things.

When space became a priority, Gracie took a few of her own clothing from the closet and carried them into the home office, using the closet in that room.

Nancy finished the task, then looked around for Gracie. She saw that it was close to noon and figured that Gracie was probably starting on their lunch.

After filling one drawer with her bras and panties and a second drawer with her socks, Nancy realized that there were no smells of cooking.

She found Gracie sitting at her desk, staring at the black monitor screen. Nancy quietly entered, came up behind Gracie and put her hands on Gracie's shoulders.

"What's wrong?" Nancy asked quietly.

"It's all changing, isn't it?" Gracie asked softly.

"Yeah. Yeah it is," Nancy said. "And that's a good thing."

"Good?" Gracie asked.

"Yes. Change is good, Gracie. You're changing. You're changing into a beautiful woman," Nancy started.

"I'm not beautiful," Gracie denied.

"That is tired of being alone. A beautiful woman that has had enough of being lonely and is opening her heart and letting someone else in," Nancy continued.

Nancy gently turned Gracie's office chair on its swivel. She bent to look into Gracie's bewildered eyes.

"And I am so grateful that I get to be that someone. Gracie Ann Taylor? I love you with all of my heart," Nancy said. "And I am just so damned lucky that you love me too."

Gracie wrapped her arms around Nancy's waist and snuggled her head against Nancy's belly. Nancy combed her fingers through Gracie's soft blonde locks.

"Someone's tummy need something yummy?" Gracie asked.

"Chinese. Hop Kim's?" Nancy asked.

"Okay," Gracie agreed. "Let me shut...huh! I didn't, I didn't even turn it on?"

"Don't look like it," Nancy agreed, looking at the blank computer screen. "Come on. Let's go."

January third, after dropping Nancy off at Cal's Western Wear for a four hour shift, Gracie again met her mother at Babbage's. The two women hugged, then scampered for the doors.

"I will be so glad when summer's here," Lisa exclaimed when they entered the store.

"Uh huh, and then be all like 'oh, man! It's so hot!'" another shopper said, smiling.

"Oh, but of course," Lisa laughed.

"You bringing Mr. Joe to my birthday?" Gracie asked her mother as they again approached the jewelry counter.

"Yeah," Lisa smiled. "Said watching me put your Uncle Jimmy on his ass convinced him I was the woman for him."

"La Scalia's, right?" Gracie confirmed.

"Said yes yesterday, said yes this morning, Gracie, yes. We've rented the back room at La Scalia's," Lisa gently chastised her daughter. "Now, why are we doing this?"

"Nancy moved in yesterday," Gracie confessed.

When her mother did not flinch, or grimace, just looked at Gracie, waiting, Gracie continued.

"And of course, I got all overwhelmed," Gracie said, now looking at the display through the glass.

"Too much?" Lisa guessed.

"Uh huh, and Nancy came and found me," Gracie said, then pointed. "That one. Right there. Look. It's got one two three, three sapphires; it's perfect."

"Well, where were you hiding?" Lisa asked.

"No, Momma. She came and she found me inside of me," Gracie clarified. "I'm in my office, all shut down and Nancy came and pulled me out of my head. She came in and she got me."

"Then, let's get those. They're perfect," Lisa agreed, eyes shining with her tears.

A mild argument ensued when mother and daughter insisted that they would be the one to pay. The salesgirl stood, waiting until Lisa won the battle.

"Gracie, you'll have plenty other stuff pay for," Lisa cajoled.

"Saladelights?" Gracie asked as they again stepped into the winter sun.

"Absolutely. You ever have their Turkey Cranberry?" Lisa asked.

"Tastes just like Thanksgiving," Gracie agreed.

When Gracie returned to pick Nancy up, Nancy smiled as she got into the car.