Don't...Don't You Want Me?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The police inspector finally turns up to tell the assembled family, "Rupert was shot and died at the scene. We apprehended the gunmen and his boss - both are under arrest. There are more charges to be made. But murder and attempted murder are at the top of the list. It appears unknown to Peter, the gambling syndicate had been watching the house and followed his car to the exchange location. While sad about Rupert's death, however, he brought it upon himself."

All the excitement is too much for Helen. She goes into labor and is taken to the maternity wing to give birth. Stephanie gets to hold her mother's hand during the delivery and later tells Peter all about it in great detail.

********

I woke up in the recovery room a day later. It seems the bullet passed through my shoulder, smashing my collar bone. The surgeon had to use screws to repair the damage. I should be able to leave hospitable in a few days.

Stephanie told me, mummy had given birth overnight and produced a healthy baby girl.

Helen was wheel-chaired into my room and passed our daughter to Stephanie for me to admire. The three of us throw girls' names around and decide on 'Claire Helen Hollingsworth'.

Helen drives us to our Villa as soon as I'm released, where I recover. Aunty B fusses over us, becoming a surrogate mother to Claire whenever needed. Richard, now two, proves to be a handful escaping all too often. Thankfully Mum and Dad keep a close eye on him.

While there, I started writing music again. Helen and Stephanie helped me write the lyrics to a new song for Lady Hellen titled, "Don't you want me,...don't you love me anymore?"

********

Helen's new song. Her first recording at Hazelhurst studios, when released, became a smash hit for 'Lady Hellen', topping the charts within three weeks and staying on top for another five. Prompting many radio phone interviews and live TV show appearances. It also led to an Album follow up. I have my work cut out for me, writing another five songs.

Dad and Mum sold their house over a year ago and had settled well into their apartment. Dad had decked out his new workshop with all his tools from home. He spends many happy hours playing with his new woodturning lathe, making all manner of items, from a wooden toy car and train set for Richard. He also does minor repairs and modifications around the Villa. Both Mum and Dad are thrilled with the move, which made Helen and me happy. A side benefit was Aunty B was no longer alone in between our visits.

All of this happened five years ago. I'm now forty-one, our two younger children are now day students at Hazelhurst Private School. The school had to go co-ed for financial reasons - so make it an easy choice for schooling. The children ride their horses across the Estate fields to school every day.

As for Helen and I, we moved into the main Estate house after much-needed renovations. The Earl and Lady Hazelhurst now live in the Gate Keepers cottage.

Helen has retired from public singing. Except when we do a duet in the shower.

THE END.

*Prescott & Wharton from The Latigo.

**Tom and Mary Bloss from Alice, Tom & Mary.

Your votes, comments are appreciated.