Dig It

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man who had been pushing the loaded wheelbarrow immediately ran over and began kicking the guard. Cab and Antonio watched the man until he lost his enthusiasm for abusing the unconscious form. He suddenly realized the guard's prod was lying on the ground. He scooped it up, turned and began running into the tunnel, yelling curses as he went.

Cab knew from experience there would be at least three guards stationed at check points in the tunnel. Things were about to become very interesting for them.

The huge warehouse had one large door for the dump trucks to enter and leave. There was only one other entrance. Cab knew it was always locked and guarded by heavily armed men on the other side.

He opened the door to the dump truck and climbed up. As he settled into the seat, he was pleased to see keys in the ignition, but surprised to see Antonio settling into the passenger seat.

"Hang on," growled Cab in Spanish, as he fired up the truck. The vehicle sat about fifty feet from the large overhead door, which was closed and locked. Cab gave the big truck all the fuel he could as it slowly began moving toward the door. He was shifting the old truck into the next gear as it came in contact with the door. Cab had hoped it would simply break the door loose so it would crash to the ground in front of him.

To his surprise, an entire section of the warehouse wall went over with the door! He kept the pedal to the floor and glanced at his side mirror. He was gratified to see the other prisoners were running through the opening and scattering in every direction.

Cab knew he'd never outrun another vehicle in the ponderous truck, so he made a quick decision. "Antonio, be ready to jump out. I'm going to head the truck toward that stream. I'll jump out when I'm sure it's going over the side of the bank. We'll walk across country."

Antonio nodded his understanding before opening his door and leaping out. Cab had a few seconds to marvel at his friend's courage and his trust in Cab. He jerked the wheel to the left. Once he was certain the truck was going over the bank and toward the river, he jumped.

He wound up rolling part way down the embankment before he managed to regain his feet. As he stood, Cab heard the old truck hit the water. He watched in amazement as it continued to drive into deeper water. The huge tires were covered as water flowed over them before the truck finally stalled. It appeared that the downstream side of the truck had hit a hole or some loose mud as it began to lean downstream. The rapidly moving water did the rest as the old truck was pushed onto its side where it slowly began drifting toward deeper water.

Cab decided he had watched long enough and climbed to the top of the ridge to find a grinning Antonio waiting for him. The two men immediately left the dirt road and walked briskly over a hill and out of sight.

As they walked, Antonio explained that he was familiar with the area and would help Cab get back to the United States.

"I should be able to walk there," reasoned Cab. "I'm pretty sure that tunnel we were digging was partly in U.S. territory."

"I agree, but what about the outlaws on this side and the gringos on the other side of the border? You don't have any money of identification. You don't look like a rich Gringo with that beard and long dirty hair.

"You'll be captured and back digging for Ramon, if he isn't so pissed he just kills you. If you manage to get by the scum on this side of the border, it will be a toss-up whether you are caught by the border patrol or captured by men working for Ramon on that side of the border. You might be able to survive the border patrol if they took the time to investigate your story. You would not do well if Ramon regained control of El Cabrón."

"I have to assume this is leading to you presenting a better idea," stated Cab. "I think the border patrol would easily verify my story, especially if June reported me missing. I'll admit that falling in Ramon's hands again wouldn't work out for me."

"I know a few people who can help," promised Antonio. "El Cabrón saved many men today. You will find you have friends in Mexico. Word will spread quickly."

Cab felt he had few options, and Antonio appeared to know where he was headed, so he stuck with his new friend. They managed to bum some meals from acquaintances of Antonio's over the next week, but for the most part the two friends remained away from highways and populated areas.

Antonio finally indicated they had reached their destination. He told Cab to remain well away from a small town while he went in to find a guy who owed him a favor. He was back within the hour.

"Now we wait. Someone will come to pick us up and help you get back into the United States. You will be expected to pay the person helping you, so do not be surprised."

"Don't be surprised?" demanded Cab. "I'm damned surprised you think I can pay for anything. You know I don't have a dime on me. Maybe it's time I went off on my own. If I can get to a legitimate border crossing, I'm sure this mess would be straightened out."

"I am not talking about money," insisted Antonio. "El Cabrón is well known. He has some equity that is even better than American dollars."

Cab was unconvinced and was about to tell Antonio he was leaving. Just then, an ancient pickup truck came over the knoll and stopped near them in a cloud of dust. An old man stuck his hand out the window and motioned for the two men to join him in the truck.

Cab was dubious, but followed Antonio as he climbed into the relic. They rode in the stifling cab for several hours. The window was open but either the old man was afraid of surpassing thirty miles per hour or the truck was incapable of it. Cab found himself hanging his head out the window much like the dog he had as a kid would do.

Cab couldn't conceal his surprise when the truck pulled up in front of a very large house sitting on a low hill. It was several hundred yards from the next nearest home and had a tall chain link fence separating it from the rest of the world. A well dressed man opened a gate and allowed Antonio and Cab to enter. The man led them around the side to a pool house near a very large pool.

"There are towels inside. You need to shower before you can meet my boss," insisted the man in Spanish. "Throw away the rags you're wearing. You'll find some swim suits and shirts inside. Put some on and then come back out to the pool."

Cab and Antonio went inside to find a clean, modern bathroom equipped with a large shower. Cab glanced at a full length mirror and was shocked at what he saw. Looking back at him was a heavily bearded man with a dark tan and an impressive physique. He realized that months of back-breaking labor while eating rice and beans twice a day had greatly improved his general health. His hair was a wild mess, hanging down to his shoulders and was matted and filthy.

"You'd better go first, Antonio. It looks like I'll be in the shower for a while," observed Cab. "Small wonder that guy's lip curled up when he saw me. I look more like Bigfoot than a human."

When it was his turn, Cab spent a lot of time cleaning his beard and hair. It required most of the shampoo to finally get to where he felt he was actually clean. He pulled on a pair of board shorts he found in a drawer, but none of the shirts seemed to fit, causing Cab to wonder if the clothes were placed there for teens.

He finally gave up looking for a shirt and walked out to the pool wearing only the shorts. He was met with a loud gasp as he stepped out the door.

Seated in a chair by the pool was a girl Cab guessed to be seventeen. She was slim but had enough in the breast department to indicate she was rapidly approaching adulthood. The girl was staring at him with her mouth hanging open.

"Are you that guy from Aquaman?" asked the wide eyed girl.

Cab chuckled at the girl's question before replying. "I doubt I'd be here if I was, but thanks for the ego boost."

"Close your mouth now, Maria," insisted a woman who had walked up behind Cab. She bore a strong resemblance to the younger one.

"I'm Olivia Perez and this is my daughter, Maria. She was about to leave so I can speak privately with you and Antonio."

Maria quickly took the hint and left the pool area, but not before sauntering across the deck with an extra sway of her hips. As she reached the gate, she turned quickly to see if Cab had been watching. Cab gave her an exaggerated wink causing the young woman to blush a deep red before going into the house.

"She's seventeen going on thirty," stated Olivia as she shook her head in disapproval. "I'm sure you're more interested in why I asked to meet with you than the flirtations of a young girl."

"I'm equally certain the correct response to your statement is complete agreement," countered Cab. "Olivia seems an unusual name for an obviously Hispanic woman in Mexico."

"My mother was a huge fan of Olivia Newton-John and named me after her. I suppose I should be glad it wasn't Whitesnake, Def Leppard or The Kinks," replied Olivia. It's a bit ironic a man known as El Cabrón thinks my name is unusual."

"That's more of a nickname, to be honest," responded Cab. "My mother never really approved of Cabróns."

"That's reassuring," admitted Olivia with a smile. "Now let's get down to brass tacks. My late husband owned Perez Transportation, a trucking company which became mine upon his untimely death. I expect what I tell you to remain private."

"Hey, my lips are sealed, but I can't vouch for Antonio," joked Cab as he watched Antonio's stricken face.

"El Cabrón knows I can be trusted!" insisted Antonio before seeing Cab's grin and realizing he was busting his chops. "That is your Yankee humor!"

"Your Spanish is very good," observed Olivia in an effort to regain control of the conversation. "Have you spent a lot of time in Mexico?"

"It sure seems like it, but I was never here before those thugs knocked me out and abducted me," replied Cab. "I was taken by Miguel and his buddies on January seventh. What's today's date?"

"We are just three weeks from Christmas," answered Olivia. "Your appearance has changed drastically since you were taken. Your photo was all over the news and internet, even here in Mexico. Your family was very worried."

"Speaking of which, could I borrow a phone to call them? I really need to be sure they're all doing okay."

"That's what we're negotiating," declared Olivia with a devious smile. "You want to get back to your family and I want to meet your father-in-law. I think both our businesses could do very well if we worked together."

"No problem!" exclaimed Cab with relief. "Once I get back home, I'll introduce the two of you. How soon can we leave?"

"There's more," added Olivia quickly.

"There's always more," quipped a subdued Cab. "Let me guess. I have to find a cure for cancer, end world hunger and talk the president out of building the wall."

"It isn't anything El Cabrón cannot easily handle," began Olivia as she ignored Cab's last statement. "I want you to go into our company office and look at our operations. I have been advised that you are a bit of a genius with logistics.

"When we get to the states, you are not only going to introduce me to Mr. Peterson, but you are going to convince him that the deal I am proposing will greatly benefit his business. He will listen to you."

"That statement alone indicates you've never met my father-in-law," declared Cab. "He seems to think I have shit for brains."

"My sources tell me he has been less profitable of late because you are no longer there to oversee the routes and cargo his company moves. I think he will be happy to see you return."

"Regardless of what you've heard or what you may think, the old bastard will try to blame me for being shanghaied for ten months," predicted Cab. "My wife will probably agree with him."

"Your wife is very beautiful and a source of great interest to a certain politician in Arizona. It's imperative you return home to your family as soon as possible, which will be as soon as I can get the proper credentials for you, but only after you use your expertise to make my company more efficient," qualified Olivia.

"Let's get started then. I need to get home and straighten things out. Do you have any clothes I can borrow that would actually fit? These shorts are binding the boys up and I couldn't even begin the put on one of those little shirts. Maybe your deceased husband's clothes would fit?

"You're wearing his shorts and just said you were unable to squeeze into his shirts," replied Olivia. "I will send someone to get you some clothes. In the meantime, my cook should now have a meal prepared. I'm sure you must be hungry."

"As long as it isn't beans and rice, I'm ready to dig in," responded Cab with enthusiasm.

"It looks like I'll have to wait until I get back to the States for prime rib and a baked potato," observed Cab as he sat at Olivia's table and forked refried beans into his mouth. "If I never see another bean again, I'll be happy."

The next morning, Olivia explained her situation more thoroughly as they rode to her company's headquarters. "The system is completely computerized. We use software very similar to what your company uses, so you should have no trouble understanding everything."

As they pulled into a reserved parking place, Olivia tossed out something she apparently deemed inconsequential. "You may have a bit of a problem with Alejandro. He worked for my husband and acts like it is his company and wants to make me his woman. You can be certain that I am not his woman, nor will I ever be his woman. You are free to take whatever measures you feel are necessary to make him comply with your recommendations."

Antonio had been quietly riding in the back seat, but Olivia's statement perked him up immediately. "This sounds like a job for El Cabrón!"

"You waited until we got here to tell me you have some kind of psycho working for you and I'm supposed to handle him?" asked Cab in disbelief. "You could have mentioned something before we left. I could have brought a club or something."

"As Antonio just pointed out, El Cabrón should have no problem with Alejandro. He may be big, but I think you are stronger," replied Olivia in a matter of fact manner.

"He's big? I might be stronger? What in hell have I gotten into?" asked Cab nervously. "I'm not a mercenary, trained fighter or even a fast runner. If I get through this, I expect to be leaving for home damn soon."

Olivia made it a point to tell her staff El Cabrón was the man with her. She revealed that he was going to study the company's logistics and possibly suggest some improvements. Cab had just started getting familiar with the software when a burly man slammed the door open and rumbled into the room.

The others in the room suddenly had things to do that involved being as far from Cab as possible. Everything went quiet until Olivia began to speak.

"Alejandro, this is El Cabrón. He was just..."

"Leaving!" snarled the big man. "I don't need some Gringo asshole checking on my work. Get the fuck out now or I'll kick your ass all the way back to the U.S."

Cab was stunned at the sheer size of the man he now faced. He had to have four inches and forty pounds on Cab. The guy was obviously as mad as hell and looking to administer an ass kicking of epic proportions.

Cab's oldest brothers had always been a lot bigger than Cab back when he was growing up. He had taken more than a few brotherly beatings before he learned how to hold his own. He decided to utilize the lessons he learned from his older brothers. The difference would in the severity of his reaction.

He had learned early on to get in the first punch. That alone greatly increased the chances of survival. If it was possible to get in the second and third shot, the odds increased even more.

"Hi, my name's Cab, not El Cabrón," began Cab as he walked toward the man with his hand out in an offer to shake with him. "It's nice to know the missing link's no longer missing."

"What are you saying?" demanded the man as he took a step toward Cab while forming a fist with his right hand.

Cab gave the man a big grin, which was all it took. To no one's surprise, Alejandro launched a haymaker at Cab's chin. Since the man had telegraphed his intention from another time zone, Cab easily dodged the fist.

The large man was turned sideways to Cab with his right side unprotected. Cab chopped his adversary in a kidney with a wicked left. Before the pain of that blow registered, Cab brought his right up from down near his toes. He connected with the man's neck just below his ear, causing him to stagger backward. Cab was amazed the man was still standing, but he was determined that would not be the case much longer. He grabbed handful of hair and pulled down as he brought his knee up as hard as he could.

He felt Alejandro's nose flatten and heard some rather disturbing sounds as he released his hold and watched the man drop to the floor face first.

"Why do I have the feeling he's the reason you brought me here?" asked Cab calmly. "Let's cut the shit and get me back home."

"I admit I took advantage of your arrival. Your necessary paperwork should arrive any minute. Once my people get here with it we'll fly to Arizona and meet with your father-in-law," replied Olivia, as she glanced at the prone form lying on the floor.

"Juan, call an ambulance for this idiot. If anyone bothers to ask what happened, tell them the clumsy oaf fell down the stairs."

"There are no stairs," pointed out Juan as he reached for the office phone.

"That indicates just how clumsy Alejandro is, doesn't it? If it makes you feel better, you can say he was hit by a truck. They'd believe that story after looking the poor bastard over," responded Olivia as she led Cab and Antonio from the room.

Less than an hour later, Cab, Antonio and Olivia were climbing into a smaller twin engine plane for the short flight to a public landing strip in a town near Peterson's eight hundred-acre property.

Cab felt like kissing the land under his feet when he stepped off the plane. He was finally back home! He just hoped his wife and kids would be as happy to see him as he knew he'd be to see them.

Olivia had a limo pick them up at the landing strip. As they drove toward Cab's small home town, Cab noticed a new business had sprung up on what had been vacant wasteland. He knew immediately the way he wanted to return home. He turned his attention back to Olivia and asked, "Do you know how to ride a Harley?"

*****

June Bronson had been pissed at Cab when he petulantly jumped on his dirt bike and rode off, effectively ending their discussion. It was an argument they had suffered through a few times. He felt June should pave the way for him with her father, but she knew her dad well enough to refuse that tact. Her father wanted Cab to be more forceful and decisive.

Bill Peterson's wife, Betty, had been after him to cut back on his work load and spend more time with his family, as well as with her. They had planned for years to travel more and work less, but Bill was still putting in long hours. He had hopes that his only child's husband would carry the load for the family. Cab was capable enough, but he was far too wishy-washy to suit Bill. He had hoped June's husband would grow into the job by watching how Bill handled things, but it didn't seem to be working out like he had hoped.

June's annoyance increased during the day, as Cab failed to return after a reasonable period of time. She was disappointing in him for sulking like a little boy. When he didn't return by dark, she became concerned and called some friends to see if Cab was visiting them, but no one knew his whereabouts.

June didn't sleep well that night as she worried that Cab may have had an accident on the dirt bike. At first light, she was driving up and down the local roads looking for any sign of Cab, but found nothing.