All Comments on 'Cold Hard Fax'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
IN CRISIS AND CRUNCH TIME

the real cream always rises to the top. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great dialogue

added realism

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Exuberantly Exhausted from Playing.' Slut or Nyet ' Shell Game Shuffled by Master Story Dissembler

Short-cons galore going on. Confidence tricksters, shifty political flackies and

straying hearts compete pull ruses over on us 'smart mark' readers . She wouldn't fib about impounded doggie, would she ? Poor Janet would have gotten over on the narrator in the late 1980's. She started out as pure as Snow White before first meeting jailbird paramour , but to quote late Mae West , "she drifted".

cpete has once more effortlessly separated me from five shiny stars.

Full marks * * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I had to think back

92' and Andrew, you brought back memories. Escaped zoo animals in Kendall. The Winn Dixie was throwing the food out the door. My gas grilled worked...never ate so much meat in my life.....did I say power? Power never had any? Money? ATM's? Banks? Credit Cards? Gas Stations? Flush the toilet?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
All over the place

# 3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
By far THE worst story I have ever read on Literotica

THE worst story I have ever read on here. Terrible writing, multiple plots lines go all over the place like a schizophrenic on crack and they change directions like a tornado. Interminably long paragraphs and an anticlimactic ending that brings home the realisation that this worthless would-be author has just stolen five minutes of your life. Five minutes that you will never get back! I do hope that you have read this review before wasting your valuable time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well ... thanks for sharing

Too much melodrama to be entertaining. Not erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 Hey Cpete don't worry about the asshole of LIT!

he saids the same fucking thing everyday. "This is the worst ba ba ba story" He saids that everyday. The motto here is: "If the asshole of LIT thinks the story is bad, it's really means it's good and it reminded him of his wife sister and mother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
All over the place

5*

And I liked all of those places!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sucked!

Super Sucked do better

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
The same anonymous comments on every story

"It's not erotic," whine whine. Well, there are plenty of "erotic" stories on here. Go read one of them. Leave this to the rest of us who want to read a great story with, yes, "erotic" content. I was really looking forward to Cpete posting. I wasn't disappointed. You're just as good as ever. Now, write another story now and again. Thanks.

gordo12gordo12about 7 years ago
Love the story

Hate the stilted dialogue.

But then I've said that soooo many times it seems pointless. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
FEMA sucked at Cat 3 Hurricanes too

12 hours in, they arrived to call everyone out of the field, and "roadmap our way to success". We, rapidly digressed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh, yea.

To be expected. The whiners and cuckold lovers are outnumbered today in loving wives. They just don't like it, when every story doesn't meet their humiliating lifestyle.

Sorry bastards, just have to wait until tomorrow to satisfy their craving for cum.

Good story. 5*

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 7 years ago
Andrew was huge

The navy base housing at Homestead was reduced to bare slabs. Everything was gone.

FantasyXYFantasyXYabout 7 years ago
A nice mix of truth and fiction

I started reading this and instantly thought, hey I know these people. The names of the couple, their jobs, TV operations knowledge, LNBs, hard line, C-band, KU. There were just too many completely accurate "coincidences" that sound like people I actually know.

Then the story went on and I read the whole thing, not because of the connection, but because it was compelling.

Nice piece of work

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Thank you very much . . .

. . . enjoyed your story; well written, interesting plot, good character development, moved with good speed. Quite satisfying ending as well. 5* What a great day of reading!

oshawoshawabout 7 years ago

What can you say when an amazing author like cpete returns to craft another masterpiece. Well you start with, thank you and you end with, please write another soon, and you fill the middle with infinite compliments.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 7 years ago
Outstanding

Wonderful. We need many more from u cpete. Love the andrew tie in. I remember it. Small diamter that destroyed everything in its path. I think much of homestead was abandoned instead of fixed.

frazodfrazodabout 7 years ago
Love your stuff

Thanks for writing. Lived in Florida during this. Scary time.

Please keep writing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

Not sure which is sadder, the fact that she cheated or slipped back into using meth. Thanks for the offering.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
On the money

A long story but good and in the end this made it all worthwhile: "She was single with no kids. A lot of photos were of a charity mission she seemed to do every year in the poor parts of Central America and her work with various animal rescue organizations." I have seen this exact arc through a cheating woman's life. It rings true as she has nothing to show for her faithless life so she grasps at "good works" hoping to work her way to grace. Unfortunately, she should have read the Book, it doesn't work that way.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
A good start to the legend's Day event

5*, of course.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

“I mentally thanked Hal every day for the fax machines, as phone service in my location was spotty at best.” – Since fax machines use phone lines, wouldn’t spotty phone service affect them as well?

I was SO hoping he wouldn't end up with Janet!

Her brain must have been damaged from her prior meth usage! Her ex-boyfriend is giving her unwanted PDA and she "doesn't want to make a scene?" She takes a "wedding hit of meth?!" She tries to get away with a three-day gang bang?

And I don't care HOW many charity missions she goes on, DELETE the damn request!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

You need to fire blackrndl1958, so many glaring errors I didn't think this was edited. For example: "That's is why I used our house money to post bail." If you've got 'that's' then 'is' after that is redundant. Also this was long winded, an editor also helps cut down on the unnecessary. But we're talking about blackrandl1958 who classed herself as a legend and likes her overly wordy stories.

I was so looking forward to legends day and this is the worst one so far, so over the shit Lit is allowing to be posted lately, I thought finally good stories, but no this is not one. It's all over the place and needs editing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Great Story!

Loved the line about growing dental floss in Ohio!

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
@anonymous "you ought to fire."

For someone who writes as poorly as you do, I would think a little humility would be in order.

You misspelled blackrandl, and your first sentence was a comma splice. You missed four commas in the first paragraph, The fourth sentence was a comma splice and the second clause lacked a subject. You began the last sentence with a conjunction and you're, generally, illiterate.

You didn't really comment to make a point about grammar, though, did you? What your real point was, you hate the idea of anyone enjoying anything, such as this great story by Cpete, a true legend, because you're such a miserable and mean bastard that your family no longer acknowledges you and you have no friends. Good luck with that life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow!!!

SNAFU. Loved the ending. Marysue Savannah, only a Florida redneck would name a daughter that. You need to write some more stories soon.

Boyd Percy

chytownchytownabout 7 years ago
Some Good Reading****

Fun Story. Thanks for sharing.

Pappy7Pappy7about 7 years ago
Don't care what anyone else

says, I liked it. Man stood by his guns, didn't run off and leave his friends and put the crack whore on the side of the road. Now, as far as grammar and punctuation are concerned, I'm not too concerned. I could read it alright, it made sense to me and had a flow to it that I like. Good to hear from these guys again.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
about ANDREW 1992

There are 1 or 2 points of science which are not quite correct in the story. As somebody involved in the earth science field and weather the forecast the day before ANDREW a category 5 storm made landfall in south Florida was NOT for fair conditions or good boating weather.

That is just 100% bull shift. Other than that it was a really good story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
ABOUT FEMA/ GOVT

With regard to the response from FEMA and disaster relief and South Florida... That is very much connected to how a particular administration views disaster relief and government overall.

The Bush 41 White House being conservatives did not view disaster relief as functional government But disaster relief is constitutionally mandated function of the Federal government and the Federal government has to be able to respond.

BUT when you have conservatives running the government who by their very nature believe that government is evil and always incompetent ... you can ONLY get a FEMA that is inept corrupt and incompetent since it feeds the conservative narrative about the nature of government. So WHY would a conservative government even want FEMA to run effectively?

When liberals run the government - and I am not a liberal- they have a lot of different set of problems but they also recognize that government has a roll to play and usually the FEMA response to hurricanes and tornadoes is much more effective.

Besides hurricane Andrew and Bush 41 in 1992 we had hurricane Katrina/ Bush 43 in 2005. When bill Clinton/ and Obama were presidents.. there were several major hurricanes which were disasters but FEMA was much more effective... 1995 OPAL FRAN 1996 FLOYD 1999 SANDY 2012

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Havvy in VA on Andew in 92

I was in South Florida in 1992. Two days before Andrew the local TV stations were saying Andrew was going to bypass Florida and I recall a weatherman saying it would be good day for the beach

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks BlackRandi

It is really a pleasure getting to read your stories again. The list of authors involved in the project are some of my favorites, including you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 7 years ago
If it were any better it would have just awful!

I got to a point in the story where I thought I had changed stories or had skipped a couple of pages. The jump was so abrupt that I had to reread some of it. And it wasn't worth the time. It was such a jumbled mess that it's not worth spending the time commenting on, but I do have to make sure I avoid this author in the future. This is a legend??? 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Your story is a little bit confused!!!

A good read and an interesting subject but your jumping at the end is not so satisfying!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please continue the story break.

I think there could be a part 2. The story break was too abrupt.

Would love to read the follow up of gary and marysue romance, and janet's "single" profile....

4*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Excellent

I thought it was a great yarn. Thanks.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
This One Had Promise

But like other commenters said, it was a bit choppy and confused in spots. I did enjoy the pre-internet nostalgia (candy bar phones, dial-up BBSes, fax machines). I'll still look into your other works....

Happy Legends Day!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Nice adventure.

Definitely glad he didn't go for the lying, meth head, gang bang, cheating slut.

Would have liked more details but I am a glutton for punishment! LOL!

Really liked that he ended up with Mary!

Fun read!

TrtrolesTrtrolesabout 7 years ago
difficult to read

This one is really hard to read. English is not my first language so I had a hard time reading this.

Glad to see you back. I wish you write more. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

im glad there was no raac, he married the secretary to the governor. nice work.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
thanks for the humour and trip down memory lane

nice to have one of your stories to read again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

dumb cuck believed the bitch's dumb story. mo-ron...

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Brain transplants

Janet was an odd woman- a heart of gold with an on and off again meth problem?? The switch to the sorority girl was pretty jarring with no intervening story. The women are fairly superfluous to the story, but the old boys and banter made up for that. So, where and why did those polaroids come about? At least Janet likes dogs- that goes a long way in my book.

Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

Thank the good lord he had the good sense to dump the lying bitch. No women is worth even having a relationship with after all her lies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, but ending was abrupt...

Interesting story, seemed rushed starting about half-way through, ending was abrupt. Thought the story could have used a couple more pages just to tie everything together nicely. Don't be afraid of "long" stories, some people become confused and their heads hurt if they read anything longer than a comic book. Great job, glad you're back. Thanks!

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 7 years ago
Great story

Nice to see you back. Full marks. ***** brilliant

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago
BavoZulu

Ya, yall can figure which way I'm leaning being USN-10yrs. Good yarn, had to reread a lil to put things into proper perspective/chronological. Ya, Bush was a dultze with Andrew and Katrina, tried to play it by the book and got skewered. Bush should have just sent in the troops and took the crap later - hell he got crapped on any way, and the damn DemoRats got away with it too (outside the actual affected areas/victims). Damn politicians, all.

As far as the drug whore - she got want was coming - a cheater is a cheater. But never saw the MarySue angle coming.... Good twist!

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directorabout 7 years ago
Fuck You

Do you notice how we know which of your characters are black, as you make a point of TELLING US IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that they're black? But the characters you DON'T BEND OVER BACKWARDS to tell us are black, you never mention the color of. Why? Everyone else is Asian? Native American? Just fuck you.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
It is always about relatable occurances

and human interest.

Which is why cuckold stories roil the panties of so many readers here: they cannot relate to it at all. They want to believe they have all the answers and that choices are easy.

Well, they aren't. So his back and forth with Janet...believable.

That he was able to get polaroids during one of the biggest weather storms to hit the U.S. in a century? Um...

Yes there were contrivances. Yes, some of the characters were a touch too...one dee. Are we reprising Mac from 'Ugly American'? Did we need him here?

Overall, a good story and I don't mind the feint at the end.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
@writer_director

What's your problem? As someone who happens to be black, I have zero problem with the way Cpete handled the issue. How do we know someone is a ginger, for example? The writer says, "She had freckles, red hair and blue eyes." People need to be identified and described. Nothing wrong with what Cpete wrote, nothing at all. Peddle your wares somewhere else, nobody home here.

Go talk to the BBC crowd if you want to talk racism.

StangStar06StangStar06about 7 years ago
How can you tell?

how can you tell when you're reading a great story? When the plot, the characters, the dialogue and the whole story takes you away from whatever you were doing at the time ... When it engages you to the point that you identify with the characters or at least some of them and can almost imagine that you're there ...

When the words ... Words mind you ... Paint a vivid picture in your mind and pull a reaction or an emotion out of you ... You're reading a great F'ing story. This was that and more ...nuff said. SS06

maninconnmaninconnabout 7 years ago
Thank you Legend

Great read, I couldn't put it down!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pace, Race, And Saving Grace

Florida is a strange place. They definitely have their own thing going on in every possible way - crime-politics, music, food, cultural upheaval to the max, media-faked night club shootings, flesh-eating criminals and all sorts of other seedy goings on, from vote-rigging to car-jacking to coup-stacking.

I've always thought Florida is kinda like Italy with dinosaurs.

Yeah, spent time in Florida just months before Andrew smashed the place up. Was working on the ships down out of Miami. Cruising in twice a week to walk up Flagler for some mold-free socks, etc. Used to make sure to stop and get a couple espressos at those hole-in-the-wall Latino coffee joints....

The author displays quite a bit of talent in this gritty elaboration. Yet, it was easy to forget while reading this yarn with all of its helter-skelter activity that they were not a well-established couple by any standard. That definitely takes some of the bite out of a story.

Without the relationship background being established it becomes easy to shrug things off if she cheats a little. So what if she gets a little dick before they tie the knot, etc. After all, this IS sex and relationship literature.

As far as the plot, things are setup very well for a nice little cheat, but a hurricane or two gets in the way of the action. Yes, this reader wants the action firmly anchored in the heart of the protagonist.

But was she a sneaky little bitch! One must have some sympathy for relationships "nowadays", and for men who end up marrying a women who has already banged 25 or 30 guys (and those women are barely out of college). Please forgive any squeamishness, but that's not what you want. It's nice to be idealistic like our protagonist, but it can get to the point of sheer stupidity sometimes.

One couldn't help but notice in the comments (which were not read too thoroughly by this reader) the complaints about Race that was overtly worked into the story line. As far as Lit stories go, there are worse examples than this one of the metastasis of transparently political ideas from earlier parts of the 20th century working their way into everyday thought and cultural production in general.

But, that being said, this story is definitely guilty, only in that rather tedious and uncomprehending manner that has become nearly all-pervasive in today's ideologically poisoned cultural sphere.

You do realize that these cultural and social phenomena are the exactly planned trajectory of early 20th century communists - political jewry, various technocrats, social researchers and profilers, geopolitical occultists, militarists, etc. Don't you?

Please read A Racial Program For The Twentieth Century by Israel Cohen. It's how you think when you drink the Kool-Aid.

Have people become so obtuse and unimaginative they cannot come to an understanding that with the proliferation of technology, ie, media technology, that the very method and substance of communication, the very memes and ideas that populate one's mind are scripted much earlier in the foundations and think tanks which then trickle down (with much expert help) through academia and every manner of media and cultural channels?

A fecund field lies not unplowed. Didn't Shakespeare say that?

One notices how easy it is for people to use words like "redneck", etc. And not always in filial usage. Don't you realize that Redneck comes from Red Shanks, which was the name given to the sunburned white slaves. Every single slave in the colonies were originally Whites - stolen off the streets of Britain, put in chains on ships and brought to work in the sugar plantations of Barbados, etc. In Parliamentary proceedings and literature they were referred to as The Slaves.

The very word "Slave" means White Man, you goofballs.

That's right. White men, stolen for a thousand years from the land of the Slavs and brought through the Dardanelles by Arab and Jewish slave traders.

Who were the the masters of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade? Omg, were they evil KKK'ers? No, Aaron Lopez would be a prominent sephardic example. Academia and the kahals are working overtime to this day trying to beat back the truth of this. The Wiki establishment is furiously spinning in overtime to keep a lid on this.

From the very first African slaves there were whites protesting. Christic people protesting the introduction of African slavery on a number of different grounds.

The problem for the censors and revisionists is that the Jewish scholars themselves already wrote the books on this way earlier in the 20th century. The entire western hemisphere turned on Jewish slave money - the holidays, the banks, the by-laws, the whole damn thing. And nothing will ever controvert that. Even as the Internet becomes more and more censored and cleansed and maybe even shut down from time to time, this truth will never quite go away.

It's sure gonna get interesting!

Now comes Rufus the "Strong Black Man". He's facing Stage Four Renal Cancer and the Klan!! Quick question, is that the Klan of the 19th century that stepped up to prevent the planned rape and murder of whites in the post-war South? Or is it the liquored-up, FBI-funded media extravaganza 60's and beyond? Just wondering.

Remember the KKK march in Skokie back in '78. Damn thing went on for weeks in the media. Ha ha, bet y'all bought that one Hook, Line and Sinker. Oh, the Heartstrings!!!! Too bad, though: 100% proven media Hoaxery.

Ok. /rant off

Anyway, the author, despite his goofy kosher racial memes peeking through, has lots of talent and I return to his work frequently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To "Pace, Race, and Saving Grace "

As a Floridian,

From the bottom of my balls, blow me!

Oh and fuck you too

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
Very enjoyable read

Did it hold my interest? Were there surprising twists and turns? Was there humor? Yes, yes, and yes.

Were there a couple of little things that might have needed editing? Yes, but who cares? It was still very easy to follow.

Thanks to cpete for another fine story--and kudos to blackrandl for making it all happen.

Thanks, ohio

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directorabout 7 years ago
blackrandl58, I couldn't care less if you're Omarosa Manigault...

Neither of us is the sole spokesperson for the black race any more than the cpete is the sole PR rep for white people. Many DO get it, unfortunately, neither he nor you do. Nor the jackwad pontificating about Jewry in his blowhard intellectualized racism.

Literature has a longstanding history of white people taking for granted that every character is white unless specified otherwise. Your analogy of freckles is piss-poor unless you know no relatives who have freckles. I eventually gave up on reading Tom Clancy as a youth when it became painfully obvious that whenever a character who walked into a room and was NOT identified by race was inherently white- cause every character of color was always immediately pointed as being "black best friend this," "Asian that." That you don't see it here...ugh.

My food for thought?

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/unmaking-white-default/

http://gulfcoastmag.org/online/blog/whiteness-as-literary-practice/

Randl, the fact that you're a teacher and blind to this is sad for your students. You have the first line in opening eyes, yet you continue to swim in a river of ignorance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A fun read, contrived as hell, but full of mirth and drama.

I feel sorry for Janet, OK? Apparently she's a drug crazed gang bang whore? Uh, didn't he spend some time getting to know her before he proposed marriage? Just saying. Mary Sue was a great replacement, obviously. If its been 20 years and they've had no contact he should definitely hit Delete. What can Janet possibly want now that is any good for Gary?

Thanks for your contribution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I think its funny

How Kimi can blast away when a cuckold writer brings up race, and everyone falls in line with the :"That story is so racist" mantra. Yet a person who is aligned with the queen of clique thinking can get a pass.

The hypocrisy of this self appointed legend and her crew of infant "sycophants" is funny. I find it even funnier that people turn a blind eye to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sceptic tanks

I thought they only had true-believer tanks down in the bible-belt states :-)

Frankly a delightful story.

Thank you, you are one of my favorite authors.

With friendly regards from Greece

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@anonymous I think it's funny

You really want to know what's funny? This has nothing to do with race. The only black guy in the story was a fucking hero. It has to do with jealousy.

You are so fucking angry that BR1958 put this together and that these big dogs came out to play. You've been hiding under the porch, sucking on all that rage because authors you don't like have all these high scores and your pathetic little cuckies look so bad by comparison. You try to find something to hang your hat on, and this is the best you can come up with?

It's simple. "Fuck my little married white pussy with that two foot black cock and fill me up with your black seed," is racist.

"John was an elderly black man," is not. End of story. Only a racist takes offense at that.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
sceptic tanks, well, dang

Sorry about that, Cpete. I should have caught that. My apologies. I'll try to do better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sceptic tanks revisited :-)

Randi, you were understandably distracted from your editing tasks by putting together this extravaganza of my all-time-favorite authors, your own self included.

It just added a little chuckle to an already wonderful story, kind of a little beauty mark to a true beauty.

Anyway, what is even more full of shit than a septic tank? Why, a televangelist of course.

Thanking you again for your effort

With friendly regards from Greece

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
3*s

That is an interesting story. I was very glad he didn't marry Janet. Happy endings all around, with Janet finding her calling.

Gave you 3*s. I hope cpete writes another one soon.

Hurricane Andrew 💨. God what an awful experience. My father had spent money getting steel shudders and home re-enforcement the previous year. Everyone in the family thought he was crazy spending that money. Including his brother and his mother, my grandma. Plywood had worked well, for years. They lost everything😭. My uncle had nothing left but plumbing and debris . Along with tens of thousands of others whose homes were destroyed. But Andrew wasn't finished, my grandma died of a heart attack a week or so later. So she became part of a stress induced wave of death, that followed Hurricane Andrew for the next month.

Enough with the memories.

Thanks for the story cpete.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Same.

This story is almost identical to every other story by this author.

The characters are total cardboard cutouts.

2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Need a little more research.

I am not an author, so please take this as constructive criticism. I do not write anywhere as well as you.. That someone would take the time to give us free stuff to read is admirable. Having said that, I lived in rural Florida when that hurricane hit. Here are my observations:

1. Yes, most rednecks in rural Florida were racists, but it was directed at groups, but were friends with blacks that lived nearby. Why? Because they grew up together. During that period, everyone helped everyone, regardless of color. Race relations were better in the 1980s and 1990s than they are now.

2. Mounting M2 machinguns on HUMVEEs really didn't occur until after we took over Iraq. The first attempts had mixed results, because the recoil of the M2 would rip the bed of the HUMVEE up (where the M2 was attached to the HUMVEE). They had to develop specialized gun mounts. Also, shooting an M2 from a HUMVEEs takes a lot of training, because of the recoil causes the vehicle to rock- a lot. In the 1990s HUMVEEs had M60 machine guns. I once fired a M2 from a 5 ton truck and couldn't hit squat, because the truck rocked so much.

3. BillyBob redneck could and can shoot better than most National Guard soldiers. Why, because they grew up shooting. Most National Guard qualify once a year. I qualified expert in the Marine Corps every year I was in, but I was a "fair to average" shot with my boyhood friends.

4. I stand corrected, but the National Guard were sent to the urban areas, because that was where the problems were (and the cameras). Rural people are used to depending upon each other. The water was hot and the food was cold, but no was allowed to go thirsty or hungry. Back then, A/C was still considered a luxury in rural Florida.

5. A five foot alligator is considered a baby. Little gray haired ladies scared of spiders, take a broom to five foot alligators. Because the tail makes up so much of its length, visually a five foot gator looks pretty small. Alligators don't get dangerous until they get about eight feet long, because that is when they start getting wide. Five foot alligators swim away when something big is in the water, because they know they are still on the bottom of the food chain.

5. METH was not a real problem back then. I did not even hear of METH until the mid-90s. But maybe it was a northern regional issue then.

Please keep writing.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 7 years ago
Deny that friend request, for sure.

She has had her three strikes and out, several times. Nothing but trouble. No, Janet. You are lying AGAIN!

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 7 years ago
Great ending on a good story

Good story with a great ending. I was all ready to give it four stars until the ending. Five out of five.

You really tricked me as I thought Gary was going back to Janet. I was snorting with disbelieve like a Brahma bull until the twist at the end.

Thanks for posting. I too remember Hurricane Andrew. That was some nasty stuff.

Steve

oldwayneoldwayneabout 7 years ago
Better than most!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I think that's five! Thanks for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great story

but too much time went by...where did Marysue come from.....a lot of info missed out about the aftermath of the hurricane and events......but glad he got rid of that cheating skank whore...once a cheat...always a cheat.....

teedeedubteedeedubabout 7 years ago
Wow

crazy story. Nice read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Damn I was hoping for a twist.

I figured he had closed out his 401k, taken early retirement and cashed that out, had sold the beach house for cash, sold all their investments and converted them into cash and had taken a second out on their house for the maximum amount. Then he packed up everything he wanted in his new SUV and had taken off for parts unknown with his old girlfriend. Marysue never saw or talked to him ever again. Now THAT would have made for a good story. This ending? Not-so-much.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Good yarn.

For the young among you, if she lies before you marry, run. If she talks to old boyfriends without mentioning it, run. If she spends ten grand of your money without talking to you, run. If she knows what meth looks like, run. Find a girl with LESS baggage than you. She's out there. Wait.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@ Anon 4/04/17

Marysue was the Senator's Assistant. She came in on the chopper with the Senator.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
All I might suggest

if you haven't put the pieces together, is to read it again. The hero tossed a thief / druggie / loser and grabbed a winner. The rest he built himself. Ain't no wimps in this relatively complex story. 5*

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@Anonymous 03/21/17

re:

A Racial Program For The Twentieth Century by Israel Cohen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard to read a nonexistent hoax though.

It was first 'quoted' in 1957 so you are not the first.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@Anonymous 03/22/17

re:

METH was not a real problem back then. I did not even hear of METH until the mid-90s. But maybe it was a northern regional issue then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a growing problem, but often called by other names such as speed or crank.

The old 'Speed kills' signs back in the '60s and early '70s were about it.

It was the 'cooks' getting out of prison where they had been since then that brought it back.

carvohicarvohiover 6 years ago
Holy Jeepers!

Did I ever enjoy that! What a great idea to drift back to the 1990's and employ fax machines as the "give away". Great gimmick! Made the story click in a new and interesting way.

Two things; don't know much about gators and never got the tattoo.

You're one of the very best!

Jedd Clampett.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding--5 stars.

Thank you-one of the best I've read here. tom anon

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
An all-around solid tale.

Kinda figure out where this was going when Marysue was introduced, but still enjoyed the crap out of it.

One issue I had with it: that Rufus wasn't the one that took out Red. 'Shoulda been the one.

Everything else: awesome. Good job, author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
FANTASTIC

One of the best. A 5

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 6 years ago
I had to read it again

Still enjoyable

norcal62norcal62almost 6 years ago
Leave Janet out of the story and you've got something.

Several disconnects here, the first being dropping the supposed trip to fix the frozen satellite dishes. You keep making Janet be worse and worse. Why would any rational man want to continue with her when she is so screwed up?

The twist at the end is gratuitous and cliched.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very Nice

I laughed out loud when Marysue talked about movin’ to Montana to raise his lonely dental floss. Oh wait. That’s a different story. She had him moving to Ohio to raise dental floss. Anyway...I really enjoyed this story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good story!

Lots of interesting content. One BIG mistake can ruin whole lives and lying about it cements the deal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just for myself, their wouldn't have been a decision.

Delete Request.

Then I would have had a laugh when I told Marysue about that batshit crazy bird trying to get in touch.

We all know how bad farcebook is on relationships, but that's not the real reason... The real reason is that she just doesn't even deserve the status of 'friend'. Maybe time has mellowed the memory of her actions, but it's the same old things; she didn't respect him. She can't be trusted. Those may be cliches now, but it doesn't make it any less true.

...Maybe, even without the need to punish her more after all that time, he just needs to go on with his life, and she on with hers.

That's how I would see it.

Other readers may have rathered them get back together, while others would sooner see her buried out beyond that airfield somewhere. My position, at least, is more realistic I think, but such is life.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
i love how some people here down play shit

One mistake, huh. A slut getting gang-banged and a druggie binge over 3 days, bailing out the ex and lying through he teeth is "ONE MISTAKE"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just playing politics?

There's this little legal principle of federalism in federal law that makes it ILLEGAL to ignore residual state sovereignty. In this case, the federal emergency aid statutes fucking REQUIRE the federal government to get the governor's permission to send feds in to "help". If there is any "game-playing" involved in the story, it's the fucking Dem governor who refuses to fulfill the legal requirements that allow the President to send help in. This happened in Louisiana during Katrina. The ignorant, incompetent Mayor of New Orleans, Ray Nagin, made no effort to get the ghetto dwellers who elected him out ahead of the storm. Instead, the city buses where never staged and sat in a parking lot, where they flooded, and no other evacuation effort was made by the Nagin administration. Instead, Nagin flew off to Las Vegas ahead of the storm to enjoy himself for the duration. The ignorant cunt of a governor, Kathleen Blanco, waited and waited to write the simple statement to authorize help from the feds until there was a crisis she, the rest of the Dems, and the media could dishonestly blame on Bush. I am no fan of either Bush, but if you can write the legal facts straight, stay the fuck out of that pond. In reality there was no "moral equivalence" between the fictional president and governor.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 4 years ago
I sincerely hope

Janet gave him a very painful cock rotting STD.

Anyone stupid enough to take her back after the first time, doesn't deserve to procreate.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed that one. Meth is some nasty stuff. She explained it to him like it was no big deal. Really was some marriage material. Hope he declined the request.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
She cheated and cheated and cheated and caught 3 days not a little mistake not a big mistake lots of mistakes

Traded a slut for better woman good

But what happened to slime ball and she needed more punishment

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Good story

A good story but please get a Editor to check spelling

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Worked Around

A FEMA communications crew years ago, very competent group of men and women. The head guy in that group told me a story that echoes the ones in your tale. Back when that big California earthquake in 1989 hit FEMA honchos called a big meeting to discuss their deployment. The bosses all started talking about using their cellphones for communication. My man calmly explained they would have to use their scrambled radios and network since the power was out and the cell towers were down. Of course the bosses all said yeah, yeah, we don't need the radios we'll just use our cell phones. So what did they do, they told the comm folks not to worry about the radios just to bring their cells. Low and behold, surprise, the cells did not work so they had to send back to all over, gather up radios, chargers and ship comm vehicles out to the west coast. Cost weeks instead of just a couple of days as it would have if the stupids in charge knew or at listened to the ones who did know what they were doing.

"That will be the day atheists get insurance against acts of God." Love that line.

Too damned believable tale of government incompetence for me. As for our MC he got exactly what he deserved, he trusted too much when his gut and the faxes told him the truth. When you love someone that much it's almost impossible not to believe them until it hits you upside the head. At least when the photos were right in front of him he pulled the trigger and dumped her. The lady he did end up marrying has a fine sense of humor, no ultimatums, just the perfect way to handle the issue. He ended up with one with class. As for which button did he choose, "he chose wisely." Signed: BTW

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Agree again!!!

Your main character handled the cheating slut just right. Better to know her cheating BEFORE the wedding!!! Dump her slutty butt!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty Good

I like your stories but you do need a good editor. One glaring mistake you keep making though is you do not put ammunition in a clip. Ammunition goes into a magazine. Only Senators and Congressmen talk about 30 or 20 round clips. My 40 or so magazines get very upset if you call them a “clip”. Oh, what good is a weapon with an unloaded magazine. I keep at least 3 magazines loaded for every gun I own. If i travel with a Glock 19, I have 16 rounds loaded in my weapon and two extra magazines close at hand. Even my wife carries extra magazines. ‘Clip” sounds so amateurish.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Delete....

He owed the lying two timer nothing. What a lying bitch!!!!!

Better off without her, no doubt about it.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Delete Jane and show on your face-book page that you are living well with a faithful loving wife and kids. Hope it brings tears and depression to Jane.

helix247helix247about 3 years ago

Scots are British, properly so and proud of it. Scotland is part of the island of Britain.

Now, calling a Scot "English" is just wrong and often provokes a (hopefully jocular) insulted response. England is another, separate part of the island of Britain. That's why the Roman emperor Hadrian had to build a wall!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

seem's like a hard choice, a hot lawyer and wife or a ex slutty crackhead girlfriend

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous