All Comments on 'Cameron: How To Save Your Family'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 274 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There might have been a story in there somewhere, but the head-hopping from narrator to narrator became so repetitious and boring I quit. Next time try picking a narrator and sticking with them. This story was twice as long as it needed to be, just because you threw in that fluff that did nothing for the story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

It was great…until you got to the divorce lawyer. You claim she “always win” and that she hates cheating wives: she isn’t paid to be emotionally involved, she’s paid to fight for her clients wishes.

And then you go on to explain that you’re likely to get fucked in the divorce….well which is it? Is she going to win or is he going to be paying copious amounts of alimony and child support?

Anyway, at that point it became just bullshit and honestly, I hate bullshit stories.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

Having read this abortion of a story, it got worse.

There is almost zero goddamn chance the courts would allow dear old dad to have the kids and there is a ZERO chance they will let him take the kids to Australia WITHOUT moms permission. Otherwise, he’s kidnapped them.

Frankly, he’s preventing her from seeing the kids and he would be in jail and the kids would be in foster homes.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Damn, this was thoroughly uninspiring on every front. Gave so much platform for the characters to speak their mind, and they never came up with anything interesting. Just chugged through the motions and keeled over at the end.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Excellent, well-written story!! One of your best. It's a familiar plot, but as you stated, it was inspired by real-life events, and you really created a compelling tale! A few observations...

I'm still wondering how Cheater Hatin' Shark Lawyer Leanne consigned her cheating hubby to an appliance box under an overpass, yet she tells Cam that the divorce laws in NY State are pretty air-tight. How does a cheater-hatin' lawyer work to 'punish the cheaters' within the framework of the court system in a state where grounds for adultery are no longer applicable.

.

For all her therapy and self-awareness, Britt is still a liar. Arriving in Melbourne, she answers Cam's question about, 'your boyfriend' with: "I haven't seen him since before we divorced. I realized what a stupid woman I am. I let my...needs...ruin my life and drive away my family." Then, looking back on her year alone, she admits, 'and I was still seeing Dean. Dean was trying, in his own way to say that he was getting tired of our weekly hook-ups and that the newness and excitement had gone.' So, she's lying to Cam? Or was this a continuity error?

.

Cam also told their families that the divorce was because they were 'growing apart'. So how did the family know such details when they ambushed her at Thanksgiving? Maybe Britt is just delusional and is now lying to herself. Or was this another continuity issue?

.

Unintended comedy: 'Since moving here I can't stand that weak piss that we pass off for coffee in the U.S.' Huh? My coffee has been known to suck the light out of the window frames! Navy coffee, the consistency of bunker oil! Cream bounces off the surface and sugar won't dissolve... as if! Espresso my ass! Now, if you're talking American beer versus Oz beer, we're on the same page! ("How's Yank beer like havin' sex in a canoe, mate? They're both 'fuckin' close to water'!")

.

I loved the way Cam began referring to them as 'my children' right before he left for Oz the first time. Great nuance, there!

.

Good storytelling pivots on good, key points. This one was significant: 'The day went very quickly. The kids got up, got fed and helped out doing their normal chores. They kind of tiptoed around their mother. It was as if they didn't really believe that she was there. She was there, but was it the real Mom that had come through the front door last night?' Powerful emotional and visual imagery.

.

The BTBAAC Cabal won't like it, but it is very realistic. People do stupid, hurtful things and sometimes they change. Britt did. 5+++/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Constant POV changes, continuity almost nonexistent, confusing and you need a flowchart to follow this hot mess of a plot. Just bloody awful.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

cuck story, no cuck tag

auto one star

.

Also the guy is in a foreign country on a work visa

.

no country on earth has a 'save a slut visa' wherein people are allowed into the county with no job, no plans to ever leave on the vague hope that at some time in the future they will be able to con their cuck of a spouse into taking them back

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

face it. people will do and go through a hell of a lot for their children

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked this one. It was different from your past stories; some of which I wish you had finished properly, but you did a good job on this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

From now on everytime he's on a business trip he doesn't go eh it's wrong but more of why not she did it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, a RAAC really ? After 2 years of lying and cheating and 1 year of leaving ? Impossible .

Cam is just a puppet with no self respect , she come back and he take hier back.

I feel betrayed by the ending after 7 pages, 1 star .

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

Another brilliant story from Lover1953. I read this one right after Just_Words most recent post and they've rekindled my interest in finishing one (or more) of my 12 'in-process' stories. I think some of us might be a little confused when Britt stopped going to her lover. She said before her divorce from Cam but I believe there was a reference to her being with him after the divorce. But this leads me to a question - did she ever really "show" her remorse. Two plus years of infidelity - and her husband really did all of the work to allow them to resume a life together. Still a 5*+ story but thank you all of the good men out there for doing the right thing for their children!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Could have been good but it was too one sided on the slut's side.

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

personally I found the story full of absurdity and utterly ridiculous.

I am not criticizing the reconciliation but the absurd and contradictory decisions and directions that you made your characters take.

1) First the guy wants a divorce but doesn't want them to become part-time parents, at best because the woman usually gets custody.

Okay, so here comes the Super Dad syndrome.

He takes care of the children, takes care of the house, takes care of him, takes care of making love to his wife 🤣, ....

Then 18 months later, he decides to divorce, obtains full custody of the children, and takes them away from their mother (who is described as a good mother) in Australia ???????

But why, but how? But where is the father who wants the well-being of his children as a priority and who moves to the other side of the globe.

It is completely illogical and absurd. Where is the good for the children ???

2) 1 year later. She returns.

"ah I'm sorry. ah I want to come back as before".

Of course in the meantime, we have Saint Papa's syndrome, who has not gone out, has no longer had a date, and has only played with his right hand (and again, not sure? tarnish his image of holiness).

And we erase everything and start over, just as if by magic overnight.

Make the wife a selfish and stupid person,

and the husband, a model of virtue, does not improve the content of your story.

Add more nuance to your characters. Make them more human with good and bad sides.

Hoping to have given you constructive criticism (and personal on my feelings).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fancy liking Fosters a weak lager sold as a soft drink in UK pubs.,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The LW cliches wore me out before I got to the RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He took her back? Oof. Terrible. Just an awful ending and you gave her the last word literally in the story! You did everything you could to force this - meh

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cam being a dumbass cuckold for getting back together with a cheating wife, never get back together with a cheating spouse.

Ex shows us uninvited and unannounced at your door even on the other side of the world make the person get a room at hotel. You don’t have to burn the ex but welcome the person back into your home, your bed, and definitely not back into your heart

1 star because that is all a reconciliation deserves.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

What I can't understand why it takes you so long to get your cuckold crap among the people? One page would have been more than enough. And your statements about some things are completely out of thin air. "Children of divorce" grow up no worse than children in an intact family! It depends solely on whether the parents separate civilly or whether they fight! And what idiot thinks tests every three months will save him from HIV or STD? What stupid thinking is that? If you get tested and then have sex again with the uncertainty factor, you can get infected again and again. Testing - not infectious - no more sex, or only with a condom! 2 * !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A challenge to comment on this one! It is a very good story and an appropriate length (for me). I am delighted that Cam focussed on the protection of his children - because she certainly didn't care much for them. As for the reconciliation ...... well, of course the children, especially the younger ones, wanted their mother back in their lives. But is Cam being sensible? Can he EVER fully trust her again? I think not, and that's why I have misgivings about their future. Who knows?

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 2 years ago

Nice job. Another fine read. I really enjoyed it.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very, very nice read. Very well written. I was enthralled with the story and went through a few emotions for and against Britt. We all want to get people second chances… some take them and learn, grow, and become better people to themselves and to family & friends around them. Others do not take the second chance. I am glad Britt took the chance. Thank-you for your writing skill

demanderdemanderover 2 years ago

He can never be sure about her. Never, until she death do them part. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it, but needed more to justify keeping her.

I mean a 2 year affair? Thats almost impossible to come back from, needs a bit of clever writing to justify a happy family ending.

So overall well done

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Look, she could be back in the children's lives without moving into the same house

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story...hopefully there is a prenup this time. I would have needed to hire the mafia or a gang to beat the shit out of the boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it, all emotion. Totally believable, ignore the naysayers below.They obviously have been cucked and are bitter. This will show as annonymous but I AM a member, ( Perry M ) but if I sign in under tht nme the screen goes blank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So when asked in Australia if she was still seeing her boyfriend, she said she stopped before the divorce was final. But earlier said her loneliness came to ahead with Thanksgiving and Christmas first once away with divorce final and family moved. However also said she was still seeing her homewrecker. Proving again to be another great lie. Once a cheat always a cheat, no trust can ever be rebuilt with someone like that, and affair that long and planned. Stupid to take back.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

I really, really, really want to give this entertaining story 5*, but I just can't. There is a few things missing I just can't get over and, fo that, I apologize. First and most important, she NEVER tells Cam she's sorry. You mention midway through he recognizes that point, but when she's shows up on his dorrstep in Melbourne, still nothing. Next, he welcomes her back essentially unconditionally. Him having ownership in the successful business, no way she doesn't sign a prenup the second time around. It's times like this I wish the site allowed more granualrity in scoring. I really enjoyed the story overall, but 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He waited two years then took her back? She lied. Boyfriend dumped her. She just said they ended it. Pussy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am shocked to find myself giving a lover1953 a 4 instead of the usual 5. While it's impressive that he mixed up the formula here by having the cheating wife come to her senses (albeit belatedly) and manage to come back into the fold, I would have felt better about the ending if Cam had gotten a pre-nup before re-marrying her. Of course, maybe he did, but chose not to mention it? Not really lover1953's style - usually his characters tell us all of what they are thinking. That would have been a balancing touch, and for me probably enough to lift this 4 up to the 5 it could have been. I don't have a problem with Britt and Cam reconciling, it's just that I think he should have adhered to Reagan's "trust but verify" (which I've read somewhere was actually a phrase from Lenin) more. This, though, isn't the usual lover1953 feel-good story that I have come to know and love. And as I've mentioned before, that's also what I've loved about StangStar06. Who himself also experimented with deviations from the formula. All well and good. Writers should feel free to grow, to try new things. And readers should also feel free to speak their piece. I'd also like to state, for the record, that you should all refer to the comments by our finest commentator, Legio_Patria_Nostra. He's always spot on, and always expresses himself brilliantly. So check out his lengthy remarks further down this chain of comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Britt

I guess I get the last words.

Of course she does! She is the special one. The entitled one. She is entitled to take a lover when she wants, she is entitled to have her hubby put up with it for two years, and, when she is done being divorced, she gets to have her family back just like before. This is NOT a story about a noble dad putting others before him This is a story about entitlement pure and simple.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Husband allows himself to be cuckolded for 2 years? Really? And then he makes the comment, "...I wanted them (the kids, page 4) to still respect their mother. She deserved that."

.

The cheating mom DESERVED respect???

.

Happy as a lark, she cheated and lied for over 2 years. Skipped most of the weekend camping jaunts to be with the boyfriend, once discovered, she never once apologized, not even down in Australia, at least not that I remember. She didn't do anything for the kids for more than a year after they moved to Oz, wanted to reconcile because she's lonely, and the author says she deserved respect.

.

Well, maybe in his mind she does, but this story certainly doesn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Looks like she got away with cheating. Unless I missed it she never apologized. Seems like her only regret was losing her family, I don’t see any remorse from her betrayal. Every time she was questioned about it her response was to cry. Were her tears from failing to keep her affair a secret? Her concern seemed to be how she got discovered. I think she is still confused about the difference between “want” and “need”. Somehow if she wants something bad enough or if somebody else might think her selfish, then it get elevated to a “need”. This take accountability out of the equation.

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 2 years ago

Good story, enjoyed it thank you. Just a comment on her closing line, they are called nappies in Australia!

BrentJWBrentJWover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this one. It’s another example of Beautiful Woman Syndrome where Britt thinks she’s entitled to a lover and a family with little guilt or remorse. Never could I have tolerated her infidelity for months hoping she would come to her senses, but I guess some might. Her continuing to to see Dean after Cam confronts her proved to me she is too self centered to ever marry again. Britt going to Australia to reclaim her family after one year felt like she held her family as a fallback option. No true mother or loving wife would let them move that far away in the first place, but she gave it a good try and didn’t like it once Dean dumped her. Had Dean stayed with her would this story have ended differently? Maybe Britt learned her lesson or maybe next time she’ll keep it secret better, one would never be sure. 5-*

You know it’s a good story when the comments are as interesting as the story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

This was deliberate bait dangled in front of the LW crowd. You didn't give a shit about quality, your goal was clicks, reads, reactions and ratings. Just be honest with your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very realistic and the way things should be 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Eh... So she can be a skank and slut it up and he doesn't do a thing about it? I am just not a fan of the RAAC trend. I don't want a BTB but I do want the husband to move on and not allow the wife to hurt him again. She will eventually, once a cheater always a cheater type of deal.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Nah, my jury is out on this story. You let her back way too easily. By all take her back but do not remarry her. It was all to quick for my liking in the end she was still rewarded for cheating. In the end she lost NOTHING for her infidelity.

Scores 2/5, most unsatisfying story and you usually write reasonable stuff, can’t do it eveytime l suppose, better luck next story.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Overall an interesting read, and a plausible reconciliation, but 2 years living with and having sex with a cheating wife after finding out?? What man of character could do that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it. However:

.

The plot hinged on the wife agreeing to give up custody AND allow her ex to take the kids to effing Australia! In what bizzarro world would THAT ever happen?

.

It also relied on the husband being way too to.errant of her cheating….and then once rid of her, somehow not even looking at another female. And then…when the cheating bitch shows up in Oz…taking her back! Who was he? St Francis of Assisi or something?

.

But very solid writing, and entertaining. 4 solid ****

.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

A very good read about a family that worked it out even though 99% of families do not have that much money to buy those toys and fly around the worid.

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

Enjoyed this a lot, the prodigal wife. In terms of what others are saying our hero turned the other cheek for 18 months and then the kids were old enough to decide where to stay. Add the lawyer who, while working in New York state DID get the wife to sign off on the move to Australia. That took place sort of off-camera but that was the reason he was able to have them there. Not surprised he didn't date for the time he was in OZ, he was setting up the new company and watching the kids. Probably actually GOOD for him to be so engaged that it made him a better investor in the new venture. Had the ex not returned I'm sure some Australian babes would have gotten to him quickly once the workload slowed down.

A few things not in the story, probably for the better as it's a long story already is creating a bridge between the oldest daughter and her mother as the girl seems to have stepped into her mother shoes in terms of taking care of her siblings and might not have relinquished that role too easily. And also the eventual rebuilding of the relationship and how the MC protected himself when he remarried her.

And lastly, his main goal was to protect his kids and the kids did benefit from having their mother back as shown in the reaction of the two youngest. So maybe when they hit college our hero will split??? Nope, she popped another kid, she knows he's sticking around (He's proven that) for another 18 years with her. So what will she do now lover1953? :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very long winded cuck bullshit. 2 years she cheated and all is forgiven because her boyfriend got tired of fucking her. Laura asks, "if she stays are you leaving?" The answer should have been "Yes, I can never stay in the house with someone who could betray me and our family the way she did".

Are Aussi vows more potent than US vows? Because the US ones didn't mean shit to this whore. No point in getting back with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like reconciliations, but a two-year affair is just too much.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

Good for Britt that she finally figured out what was actually important to her and that she found the courage to get on a plane to Melbourne.

That being said, some pretty big things didn't happen to give any confidence that she's sincere. Cam had noted that as their divorce was close to finalized she had never apologized or tried to explain herself. As of him asking her to move into the master bedroom she still hadn't apologized to him. When Cam told her that non negotiable item #1 was she couldn't cheat on him and the kids again she didn't actually promise that she'd be faithful. She just said she would do whatever it took to he part of the family again.

Early in the story when Cam was getting in better shape and doing everything he could to be a better husband and lover Britt noticed and even thought to herself that Cam had become a better lover than Dean. Yet, she never told Cam that or broke things off with Dean. Seems like after she realized how badly she had treated Cam she might have wanted to let him know he was the better lover and that she had noticed and appreciated all the efforts he made. Would have gone a long way towards helping restore his self esteem.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Well written. Long, but well written. Not nearly enough justification for a reconciliation. Checked your bio and was surprised to find out you are male. Keep writing. You are talented. I see your bio talks about vaccines. Not sure that makes sense in a bio but it's your nickel. I'd suggest you do a LOT of research into "vaccines" that are only vaccines because they changed the definition just for this. We are rushing into an experimental brave new world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't take her back. She can move to Australia in a different house and still see the children. But never, never, never, take her back. Ruined the story. You don't get to come back.

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

Since Cam lives for his children, what is he going to do when they leave?

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

preach mattenw, it's a RAAC story. It wouldn't have matter how long or with who she cheated with....he'd always use the kids as a reason to be a willing cuckold.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

"But what is a real man?"

Somebody who confronts problems life throws at him and deals with them.

Cameron isn't a man, he's a feeble cuckold. A man would've divorced her and moved on with his life. Any guy that reconciles with a cheating wife is pathetic.

Mach11Mach11over 2 years ago

Story was interesting how he sacrificed to a point for the kids, and how he finally put his foot down, though maybe a bit late. I may have missed it, but I never saw where she said she was sorry for what she did, only that that she made a stupid mistake. In the end it was still about what she wanted. He must have really loved her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting but quite absurd. Most of the story depends on her agreeing to give up her indisputable legal rights to keep the children. No convincing reason was given for that (and she would have received a ton of advice that it would be bad for them-that's why the law in most advanced jurisdictions is what it is). Then, wow, she misses them the moment they are gone. Unbelievably flimsy plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She never told Cam she was sorry...she'll be more careful when she cheats nexttime.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

Hmm

On page 5 Britt tells Cam, when he asks if she is still with Dean, "I haven't seen him since before we were divorced". A little later on page 5 she specifically says she was still seeing Dean after the divorce.

My impression is that this is a continuity error by the author, as Britt is telling us her own story and doesn't tell us, or herself, that she lied to Cam about when she stopped seeing Dean.

But...this matters. If she lied to Cam about this the whole ending is a shitstorm and Britt is an unreliable narrator. I do not see how the author, or an editor, could let an unambiguous discontinuity like this occur.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How do you forgive and take back a woman that has cheated THAT long? It's unreal. If it had been a brief affair that's one thing. But this went on for a LONG time. And if you think a Court would have given custody to him, you have another think coming. The kids are too young to have their opinion count so she would have gotten custody and he would have gone to Melbourne by himself. Too bad he let everyone know where he was going. "Just slip out the back Jack".......

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Several minor errors

It seems she said she stopped seeing dean when the divorce occurred but then notes she did meet with him.

The timing of her family figuring it out also seems muddled.

Major errors:

Dean skates.

She never suffers the censure she deserves.

It sounds like she never truly apologized.

Overall a sad story of remorse but no real consequences for the malefactors in the story. All gets forgiven and life goes back to normal without a ripple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shit, I'd already commented, at some length, yesterday, but realized this morning that I forgot to mention that when I saw the setting was Albany, NY, wondered/hoped that this could be the story where Diane from his most recent previous story (David: Survival And Adventure) gets her redemption. That would have been a more satisfying twist than Cam's somewhat uncritical acceptance of Britt's desire to return to the fold. But of course, the logistics would have been difficult, what with Australia and all. Still, I stand by my earlier remark that a pre-nup certainly would have been in order here. Also, a few commentators have remarked on the inconsistencies regarding the divorce/custody, noting that either the NY laws are draconian are a good lawyer and get anything. Truth is probably somewhere between these two poles, but knowing nothing about such matters, best to defer to those who actually do. Who probably aren't any of those other commentators. Which is why when I finally shed this anonymity and begin submitting stories, I will rely on "Divorce Laws & Your Writing" by Legio_Patria_Nostra and "A Crash Course In Family Law" by Rehnquist.

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 2 years ago

She never said Sorry, She didn t pay any price, he didn't have any payback at all Just pain. He took her back likes nothing happened. Plus some time Lines problems... I. Cant give more the 2 out of 5, there Is no real reconciliation. With the plot It should have been a BTB

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There are a lot of stupid stories here but this one was the worst !

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"But I did let my foolishness rule me and I gave in to the notion that I wanted the thrill of sex outside my marriage because I could get it. Where did that get me?" Foolishness? How about moral bankruptcy, arrogant cruelty, complete abandonment of respect and ethics? What I read from the summation of her affair is that she regrets that her betrayal of her husband and her children wasn't worth the cost, which means if the sex and her asshole lover had been better, had been superior to what she had at home, she'd have no regrets at all: she would have traded UP. She didn't break off from the asshole out of guilt or remorse or, God Forbid, Conscience, the asshole broke it off with her. There is every indication that if the asshole had kept fucking her she would have stayed with him and consummated the abandonment of her family. So in the end she got her cake, ate it too, and if the opportunity every presents itself again, she'll commit adultery again. She's an opportunistic whore. I'm glad the cuck moved to a country with British cultural traditions, he'll fit right in!

In addition to a gross cuckold story, your writing style is tedious and distracting. What is with all the irrelevant details and minutia surrounding the characters and the main plot? We need to know the details of the vehicles, the clothes, the food, the fucking flavor of the soda? You could have eliminated 2 to 3 completely useless pages of drivel and not taken one detail away from the main plot. In fact you could have added more interesting details. With all your attention to detail and actions, how come you never once described her sexual interaction with Dean? How come the husband never grilled the slut on what she did for Dean that she never did for him? You really expect us to assume that Dean didn't take this whore's ass? We know the kids were drinking orange soda, but we don't know what positions or what holes this bitch gave to asshole. Yeah, you wanted to make the cuck's reconciliation more acceptable, I get it.

Of course it will be the kids who end up paying for the whore and the cuck's stupidity. You left that detail out as well. But I suspect this story reflects you doing as best you know how. It shows. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am a "real man" from "real life stories of literotica universe". So I find out that my wife's been cheating on me quite some time and you'd be wrong if you thought my next course of action was to confront her. Nope! I decided to let her continue her affair for another whole year and I went on to find new ways to increase the level of intimacy with her. Then suddenly I found out that I just couldn't take her cheating anymore and I decided to divorce her. Then I move to a new country and practice celibacy for another whole year until my now ex-wife shows up. Turns out her boyfriend has dumped her and now she is visibly very sorry for her affair and I decide that's enough for me to forgive her and take her back in my life. But hey, wait! The fun doesn't stop here. I take my children's opinion on whether to take her back or not, because what I think doens't matter so much and when my children agree to give her another chance I give in and take her back. Now if you don't agree with what I did you must be a stupid anonymous BTB fanboi so I don't care about your opinion. I'm a "real man" from "real life stories of literotica LW universe."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not badly written but Husband is settling for something less than a full marriage. She never apologized to Husband or said she was sorry. Nor did she ever say she loved her husband. Also, unless I missed something she lied to her husband and said that she quit seeing her lover before the divorce but she wrote that she continued seeing him. All in all, she probably did not deserve a reconciliation.

anon.1

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

Enjoyable read with a few holes.

The most glaring is no heartfelt apology.

Ending it with Dean timeline has serious contradictions that should impact her return to being a loving mother and wife.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

Britt: "The divorce was finalized, Cam and kids had moved to Australia and I was alone in a one-bedroom apartment. I tried to concentrate on work and I was still seeing Dean. Dean was trying, in his own way to say that he was getting tired of our weekly hook-ups and that the newness and excitement had gone. He was starting to date a new girl and decided that we had to end it."

.

Also Britt: "I gave him up before we divorced."

.

So she was still seeing Dean after the divorce, u til HE ended it.

If this double de eptio was intended by the author, it could be leading us to believe that she was an unrepentant liar or simply that she would say anything to reconcile. Not a good first step on their new path.

lover1953lover1953over 2 years agoAuthor

My apologies for my timeline issues regarding the wife’s confession but at the time I was writing it i was working on a bunch of other things and this slipped past me - my fault there. I have tried to use an editor but it has not worked out so far. I’m going to keep at it on my own. Working on the plot for a new story now.

Jamborama2Jamborama2over 2 years ago

The story was good. I didn't like that she never apologized to Cam. She seems to be lying about staying with Dean after the divorce. I think she wanted to stay with Dean but he dumped her.

"The divorce was finalized, Cam and kids had moved to Australia and I was alone in a one-bedroom apartment. I tried to concentrate on work and I was still seeing Dean."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another pathetic RAAC story!

opheliusopheliusover 2 years ago

Well written but the ending was weaker than I'd have liked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This definition of a man is not it. You did provide a warning at the beginning of the story but I like reconciliation stories, so still chose to read it. Wish I heeded to your warning because this was utter crap. To know about the affair and let her continue doing it for that long, hoping she would end it without doing anything, really? And then when he confronts her, no apology at all, just continues to see her lover. Then when her lover dumps her, she decides to then go after her family. But that's not the sickest bit, it's when he decides to take her back with her pretty much doing nothing to earn it.

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

I'm always happy when the children can get there family back together. However, the self entitled wife's 2+ years of lies and infidelity are a very tough sell for me. I am a member of the very small group of men who were awarded full custody of the children after the divorce. As a result I am uniquely qualified to comment on this type of situation. Divorce statistics and common sense tell us the "once a cheater always a cheater" is not just a old saw it's a ugly fact.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

there are so many ways to be civil with a wayward wife. being a doormat is not one of them. Cam should have just let her have Dean and get sloppy seconds, less drama that way and nit uprooting the kids from other families if he can just catapult that easily. the moment I read that Cam thinks his ex-wife still looks good that is it for me I lost interest and just skim along as I knew he'd take her back.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Not for me.

But it was more than just a wimp story.

Some good points here.

3 out of 5 from me.

bribenkbribenkover 2 years ago

When she comes to Australia, Britt lies to Cam saying she broke off her affair before the divorce was finalized. Her lover dumped her. If not, she'd still be having the affair. Even Cam's busting her wasn't enough for her to end it. Under those circumstances, I'm not sure I'd have been so quick to take her back. Maybe help her get a nearby apartment so she can see her kids and see what happens. She didn't come back for them, she came back for herself because she was lonely. Still selfish. Still unchanged.

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 2 years ago
Found a critical mistake - sorry

Cam asked, just after she comes to Melbourne, about her boyfriend. Britt states she has not seem him since BEFORE the divorce,

However within 2 or 3 paragraphs, she explains that thanksgiving was rough. She was in her apartment and she was STILL seeing Dean...... Dean tells her he wants out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay, you say she wasn’t zapped with a Martian Slut Ray or repeatedly smacked with the Stupid Rock. It’s your story so I have to believe you, it just means she had a long term cheating affair, slipped a figurative knife in her husband’s back, and damaged her relationship with her kids because she felt like she deserved it. After all that time cheating and all that time apart, she just shows up and announces that she wants to be a wife and mother again. Apparently, I missed the part where she said she was sorry for all the pain she caused. Obviously, the only pain that matters is hers. There are those who say, You have to stay together for the children’s sake!” I watched my parents try that and it didn’t work (spectacularly!), it only made things worse. Think his tactics help the kids get through a tough time? What’s going to happen if they eventually get tempted to commit adultery? Oh, there might be a rough patch, but we’ll get back together like mom and dad did? Might be a better reference point for them to know vile and despicable behavior can leave a stain that never goes away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If all Britt had to do to obtain Cam's forgiveness was show up at his door and say 'I want my home back', why did Cam bother to divorce her in the first place?

And for Cam to place the onus on his children once Britt showed up unannounced at the door was truly unfair to the children. Any divorced parent will tell you that the children ALWAYS want their parents together.

This was a RAAC of epic proportions. Additionally, Britt already started out lying to Cam by saying she got rid of Dean, instead of the truth that Dean dumped her. Can you say 'used goods'?

In sum, although your story had a totally illogical ending, I thought this was a very well structured and well written story, and that is what saved your rating from getting slaughtered.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the detail, keep that coming. Was not sure I could read that many pages I prefer short stories. This was really good 5 stars from me

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry no matter what he should never take the cheating cunt back.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

Britt isn't really a bad person. Sometimes people do stupid things. Your main characters were pretty well developed. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked it, good story LP

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Anonymous about 9 hours ago. Below's comments are the very best anlysis of a above average story. Brit's character development was the one aspect of the story that was sub par. All the last paragraph without insite into her personal life or being sorry were flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

CAMERON: HOW TO SAVE YOUR FAMILY

First of all this story was crap.

But ok, I'll engage. You think he was man enough by keeping his mouth shut and letting his wife fuck around on him. I call BS. He didn't do the hard thing, he did the easy thing. He pretended he didn't care he was being cuckolded while moving heaven and earth to take care of his family. Writers like you think sacrifice means sacrificing yourself. IT doesn't. Its about sacrificing everything else to stay true to yourself. All you've written is about a man who run away when he tried to face a problem and failed.

What do you think he accomplished? Even if his wife never cheats on him again (very unlikely in real life, they only get better at hiding it), he'll still be the cuckold in the relationship. He might have saved his family, but it was at the expense of himself. Isn't he part of the family?

The reason your story is so bad (truly one of the worst I've read in a long time on this site) is because you did the exact same thing the crazy BTB writers did. Only the inverse. You wrote a crazy, non-sensical RAAC and pontificated in your prologue like your work was soooo much better because he took her back. Its not and your protagonist is no better than the BTB husbands.

Ask yourself this, Cam spent a lot of time and effort being a better man for his cheating wife, what did Britt do? Is this really a marriage? Is it a family? Is Cam's role in it just to sacrifice everything to keep everyone happy?

You can't make an honest point about sacrificing for your family if your protagonist doesn't show any real emotions. You are one of those toxic people that expects men to just "man up" and sacrifice everything, including themselves, for the family. You are the reason men's suicide rates are so high, because of all the expectations you put on them. Honestly who on earth would react the way you wrote (keep in mind Jesus is still in heaven)? No wonder the family institution is circling the drain. Because of people like you, who make having a family all cost- no benefit.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Not a bad story, right up until the sappy ... and unlikely ... ending. We're talking about a 2 year LTA that led to a year plus of separation. Sorry, but that just doesn't get glossed over and reconciled in a month. I also picked up on the conflict between not seeing Dean since prior to the divorce and then the story about him dumping her. Britt said a lot of words, but there was very little action taken on her part. 2/5

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

Excellent story. I like happy endings. It doesn't always have to end with reconsideration. Sometimes things can't be put back together. This marriage could be salvaged, and I couldn't see it going any other way. I gave it 5 stars. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The only "somewhat" good thing about the story is the writing.

Otherwise, bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Childish, irrational, unrealistic nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He would have been better off to look for the kind of human that at least didn't continue with her fellow slime after being found out. It isn't noble in the least to wait around the as the silent cuckold. It's a character flaw that will have you raising child who will likely end up the same.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 2 years ago

A good story despite a few timing issues

For example, at one point, she says she says she didn't continue her affair with Dean. But at anothr, she says she continued to see him until he dumped her (after the divorce?).

Another point was that she never tells Cam she's sorry for destruction she caused. Nor does she beg for his forgiveness.

Still and all, a good read.

I look forward to reading more of your work.

You write well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

and dean?

move on

just another beta-wimp cuckold

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

She never even apologized to him. She did not quit seeing Dean. He dumped her AFTER the divorce. Cam made a big mistake taking her back. It took her a YEAR to show up! I love RAAC stories but she was not worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it and hated it. Hated the cheaters and loved the forgiveness that put the family back together.

norcal62norcal62over 2 years ago

Intelligently written.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

Once a cheater always a cheater. Even if she stayed faithful how could he be sure? Without trust any love will be slowly eaten away

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Saying the BTB crowd won't like it isn't a compliment. It's barely an acknowledgement of the story. This was a miserable excuse of a reconciliation. Only a fool would take her back, and only a fool would support that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a lazy RAAC

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Lot of criticism for your story, sorry about that. I'm think much of it comes from persons with not enough life experiences. I was kind of a laid back story of a husband that finds out his wife is cheating. He didn't blow up or run off. Was the man of the family and the family was the most important thing. What is best for the family?

Simply put he did what he thought was best. We don't get training for what to do when these things happen and it is just a story but probably closer to real life than all the BTB stories. The story wasn't exciting it was down to earth, well written and believable. I had an ex after 13 years of marriage and two kids. She was younger and wanted what the wife wanted in this story. She wanted to be wanted and to be attractive to men. When you marry a lot of that goes away. For a marriage to real work you must learn how to communicate with each other, period.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
If Britt was a good mother before the affair started, and Cam was unable to see any difference after years finds out and is looking it.

So she obviously remained “a good mother”. But then later, once they’re in Australia, Cam says she needs to be a better mother, which implies she was not a good mother. So which is it? Britt was a good mother of had mother?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
I made some changes and edits to John: How to save a life and submitted it for posting. I cleaned up some of the mistakes and tried to make it a tad more readable. I've been doing a review of some of the many comments that I've recieved on my stories and I'm struck by one r...

SIMILAR Stories