All Comments on 'Beneath the Ice Ch. 07'

by MugsyB

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgeover 2 years ago

The conflict parts of a plot are always the hardest for me. I enjoy strong, appealing characters, especially the intuitive ones who look out for one another. Here's hoping Charlotte, Alexei and little Zoe can get it back together.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Amazing characters!

5

Wolfden999Wolfden999over 2 years ago

Great chapter. Cannot wait till the next one comes out! 5

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
This is sounding too much like a soap opera

Get on with it

LM20ZNLM20ZNover 2 years ago

Her thinking makes absolutely no sense at all. This plot device( I think that's what it's called) was inserted for the sole purpose of a twist. This chapter doesn't even deserve a 1 star rating.

ps. I have given all the preceding chapters 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I used to love this writer, so much that I actually bought her books, but not any more, same old, same old. Same plot device every time, it's gotten really old, same trying to break the guys heart deliberately. Barely talks to them for days on end, ignores them, not able to look at them but we'll deal with it later on my timetable, when I want to, quite selfish female characters over and over again gets OLD real quick.

Also needs to check her use of your and you're. Editing in books I have book is also lacking.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 2 years ago

I was so happy you weren't falling into the usual Hollywood clichés... until you did with this chapter.

This story really didn't need need the typical standard trope of the couple breaking up before obviously getting back together again in the end as some sort of resolution.

You had plenty of tension and drama going on with the family issues without stooping to this tired old trope.

You did yourself a needless disservice here...

I'm still counting this 5/5 for the overall story and writing, but you did yourself a needless disservice here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, what's with the harsh criticism? It makes total sense that her cow of a sister (and parents) would play on her insecurities (I hope sis turns out to be really evil), and try to ruin her good fortune in finding a great guy. I think you brilliantly represented the weird situation that she's in as a single mother, where she almost can't decently date a rich guy. These moaning people don't understand those subtleties. Good for her, for having her pride.

LwcbyLwcbyalmost 2 years ago

What they said, really not happy with this chapter

spank5alivspank5alivabout 1 year ago

Honestly couldn't finish this chapter, which is a shame as I really enjoyed the story up to this point. It just made no sense. I get what you were going for, in that her sister got her worried that she'd be left in a similar lurch in the future, and you specifically had the conversation about how he'd moved in with her prior to back that up. The problem is that she's already paying for her place. Literally the only extravagant thing he's done is buy her a dress. Him leaving would have zero effect on her ability to support herself and her daughter. It just doesn't fit and feels like you're just shoe-horning in drama for its own sake. I get that not every character is going to act 100% rationally at all times, but the setup here just doesn't make any sense. Had he been doing more to take care of her and Zoe, paying for courses for her and for Zoe to join some sports/activities, then it might have made a little more sense. But without that setup this just doesn't work. Ah well, thanks for writing. As I said, I was enjoying the story up tot this point.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Theresa is a bitch for sayng what she did to Charlotte!! Fairly common!!

So far all Alexei has done was buy a fancy dress and fuck all else!!

BUT one would expect better from a cunt writer in writing a strong Charlotte character with some grey cells....that dumb bitch should remember who was there for her, none of her fucking family were and now Theresa is suddenly a saint for her!!

Just another bitch charlotte charaxter who was just pathetic!!

Alexei deserved better than trailer park trash of Charlotte snd Theresa and their fsmily!!

It is just how the cunt writer wrote the story where Alex snd Char never spoke about a future

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

THE WOODS FAMILY ARE ASSHOLES, RIGHT FROM THERESA....TRAILER PARK TRASH

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Worth a 1* ONLY this chaper

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Poster below me clearly has issues, lol.

Another great chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMugsyB@MugsyB
March 2021- Update: I'm not sure when or why, but the first chapter of my three-part story, "Bring on the Wonder" has disappeared. I think the powers that be removed it by accident when I requested a different story be removed. As of right now, I don't know where my original ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories