All Comments on 'Auction'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments
carindenniscarindennisover 2 years ago

"Get out of my way, "

OUCH but four stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do writers do this shit? It was a terrible idea the first time someone did it and it hasn't improved. I'm always going to give every one of these 750 word things a one. Enough.

JimdubyaJimdubyaover 2 years ago

Classic Skippy! Quick fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

750 word so called stories are a waste of time for the writer as well the reader. 2 stars for not putting a lot more effort into writing a decent story.

KoxokKoxokover 2 years ago

Great little story.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Cold, but extremely satisfying. Nobody wants the real bitch behind the beautiful facade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needs a part 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story was alright but it's incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Have to admit; got a chuckle out of this one.

saxman1947saxman1947over 2 years ago

I keep coming back here hoping for an original idea.

At last, an original idea!

Five stars.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayover 2 years ago

I actually kind of like this. Really short and sweet, no cheating, just being a shit partner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Best 750 word story I have read on this site. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whimsical but fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Short and to the point! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Started my morning with a good laugh. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Get out of my way". What a perfect solution for Katrina to "make things right"!

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Well this does beg an ending but for it is its not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the last line the best - "Get out of my way."

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

He didn't exactly burn the bitch but I understand the intention. I can't help thinking though if he's just a fraction as bad as she claimed he was she'll be celebrating the day he left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it wonder how many couples either husband or wife would feel the same?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice creative approach to BTB

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You could make a more interesting longer piece of work from this, or as a few (many) of my former teachers used to say to me, Not bad but you can do better!

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

Clever. Good original approach to a common problem.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Whoa he he

Absolutely unique

GIVE THIS GUY A BEER!

The husband is a sure Hall of Fame candidate for the Bro Code Legends.

Nice work Skippy47.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The true worth of something is what someone will give or do to have it. Apparently Katrina was worthless.

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

Listen skipper this is so wrong we need our top writers to focus on the long stories that we all remember and keep coming back to time after time (like many of yours). leave the 750s for the wannabe and hack writers that are so abundant in LW. Please and Thank you

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Funny - 4*. Now go finish one of your full feature stories! LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow - a great story and how did you know what my wife is like anyway?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Short, direct, and to the point. Good work, Thanks.

LoejtcLoejtcover 2 years ago

Unique and well written. The last sentence is truly “perfect”.

MissMudMissMudover 2 years ago

Great flash story! It gave me a good laugh! Very creative! Thanks.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

It is creative and different. beyond that I at a loss as to how I feel.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

Skippy 47 does it again, I don't hand out 5 stars easily, but for a few of my favorite writers. but this short tale was well executed and well written.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 2 years ago

The wife didn't cheat, but she was still a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not bad for a 750. At the start I thought that those guys were already her lovers and he was using the meeting for the confrontation to then divorce. Nice change and for me at least it was pretty original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting, but it didn't land. The challenge with the short stories is that you need to stick the landing and your's wobbled.

jneric2691jneric2691over 2 years ago

Enjoyed that!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Boom! Direct and to the point.

.

Easy 4 **** flash.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

I do not care for BTB stories. That said I do appreciate quality writing and I find it here. This story represents fine writing skills and easily qualifies for the high score I am awarding.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Great story! If you think of a way the bitch can REALLY make it up to him with lots of humiliation thrown in, please write it.

HikingThruHikingThruover 2 years ago

If only! Free-market solution to divorce.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Now that was refreshing- quick, funny and to the point. You got a 5, altho I suspect such a wife would be screaming mad after such a stunt, instead of crying and remorseful.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

generally people in unhappy marriages don't just start begging for a chance.. they get a lawyer and start fighting you for every single item in the house.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Hahahaha! Very nice angle.

I love it!

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Clever, as usual for you, Skippy. Sometimes the 2x4 upside the head is what’s needed to make folks see the errors of their ways. I’m guessing this shrew has had her Epiphany and should be given a chance, but with the clear understanding of what’s expected from both of them to make the marriage successful.

Thanks for the chuckle and the break from all the crap that dominates LW these days. Were it not for a few writers like you, i would have given up on LW long ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Three dudes, all of which have been flirting at her with work a long time? Not one of them is going to get up and leave, no matter what she said to him on that tape, before they fuck her brains out. It's a ludicrous premise, admittedly yet the characters do not behave in an even slightly realistic way.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

Get out of my way……..lol

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

That’s perfect. My wife isn’t quite so blatant about some aspects, but hey: men have a genetic predisposition to be the provider, protector, and sire children. A woman bitches without thinking about the emasculate effects of her criticism. I’ve come close to leaving at times, just never thought to sell my position!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

750 words is an impossible scenario. Hard to tell a good story. This was pretty funny.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

loved the concept and the presentation.

well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Food for thought!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great last line. Perfect way to end it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Skippy, you're a genius.After hearing the tape, none of the three were even willing to give her a try-out. LOL. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Get out of my way,,,,,,

Brilliant

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Ok that was fun. Glad to see someone try something new for a change.

Not only is this the first different story in some time but the only decent one submitted today.

Its been Mentally Ill week around here for over a month so thanks!!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

Great little short. Ticked all the boxes. Thanks Skip.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This is a non-story. It is not even an idea of a story, it is just nonsensical. 1 star for repeating BTB flash stories, one worse than another.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent i page story. You never fail to satisfy! 5 Stars.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Looks like he easiest way to get high rating for a story in LW is to write an idiotic BTB story, god forbid reconciliation. Just use a few moronic stereotypes, you could even write "February sucks" drivel. There is always plenty of male couch potatoes angry on women that dumped or rejected them, ready to jump and cheer for any BTB bullshit.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Great Idea

Hope Hubby has an inheritance coming due in a year or two! Or is an electrician or plumber … or deep-sea welder! Or is ready to lose a generous beer-belly! Super last sentence!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Freakin awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I vote ten points for the “line of the year”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perhaps too subtle for the quick study. "Get out of my way" is her cue card to reconciliation. All she claimed was a desire to stay married to him, not for him to stay with her. So she gets out of his way, stays out of his way, and does not file for divorce. She can live the rest of her life in hope and commitment, or she can pull the plug and find the better man she apparently felt she deserved. How she stays out of his way will tell the husband if she is worth going back to. Maybe worth a sequel. Interesting as is, but not satisfying. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He's right, the last line is genius. But the situation -- husband auctioning off his role -- is interesting enough to warrant further development, I think.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

****Great start greater finish. Thanks for sharing.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 2 years ago

sorry for the 3* maybe because I didn't understand the ending. I mean I get him leaving and not taking it any longer, but it just seemed odd. no cheating, just her being a bitch and when she wanted to change it was too late.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Interesting premise, worth 5* for that alone. It would be interesting to expand this and flesh out the characters, real time examples of her bitchiness, etc. Fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To Skippy47, all I can say is DAMN!!!

To the commenters bitching he didn't go far enough, it's a freaking 750 word story. It is meant to be compact. He could not build more depth with the limited space so he went for impact.

I love the premise of the auction! It is something I had not seen before. The MC finds a unique solution for the harpie he was married to to put up or shut up about wanting more dick, and got the exact guys in the room that she had been fantasizing about. He had a whole exit strategy figured out where she could not have her claws into him and make him destitute by having some other sucker take his place. Then he pollutes the well by showing them what life would be like with this shrew in their lives. The Lotharios ran so fast and probably spread the word to where nobody would have a thing to do with her, then the MC bails. This premise was absolutely brilliant for the short story!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - I love this story - I should have done this 20 years ago - what a great idea.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 2 years ago

Okay, that was fun. Nice play with the auction. At 750 words the best you'll get is a solid, emotional scene. This one delivered just that, congrats! Thank you for the enjoyable read!

Killian

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

Made me smile, short but to the point⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How in the hell do you come up with these stories. They are beer squirting out the nose funny. Author, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ahhh such a nice idea. Should be dumping the harpy 101.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

It's a good point. So many men get snared by trying to "do the right thing" and go the legal route. Just bail out on the broken person.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooover 2 years ago

Nice story, any chance of a follow-up?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

About time she learned what her actions have caused. Not as cute as she thought she was. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Mostly good but feels incomplete.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

Very good!!! I can relate to him...

peterb5740peterb5740about 2 years ago

Good work!! now finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very clever!

God, he put three torpedoes into and wrecked her lifeboat too!

AWSOM solution

Have never seen this device used!

Welll done!!!

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 🤣😆😂😆🤣

Nicely done! A good, short btb. No violence for nixrox and his many Anonymous accounts. What's not to like?

1. "I know there have been several other men you were interested in, but they turned me down."

2. "One by one they said 'No' or 'Hell no' and left. The offer of taking my place as her husband was no longer attractive. Two of them offered their condolences for being married to her."

Ego burns, no recovery! Genius!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I generally hate shorties, but this was also funny.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
I

Like your writing and she got what she wanted. It was short.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 1 year ago

2nd time read, and still funny as all get out! 5🦴🦴🦴🦴🦴

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Creative and witty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 Stars on a great story .. My Ex would have done them all for free

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Problem solved! 5*

Ed

WisquejacWisquejac10 months ago

Great. Thank you.

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

I don’t offer a 5 star rating very often, but this was classic, great fast and so easy to believe, it’s a BTB in one way, and not in another, but great reading.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous