All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 04'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments
nreh21nreh21about 7 years ago
Enjoying

I'm really enjoying the read, you have built up the characters well and cant wait for the next chapter

ManoBlueManoBlueabout 7 years ago
What is he doing?

None of them deserve a chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WHAT A LET DOWN

What does a septic tank and this story have in common? They are both full of shit!

coloradoexilecoloradoexileabout 7 years ago
Your best one yet

Great story, Tx. Can't wait for the next chapter.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
A promise

You have made a promise to get on with the story.

Like Jane said: I will wait but not forever. Get him the fuck home

kilcannonkilcannonabout 7 years ago
Lost its path?

Great story and premise. ....However part 3 and 4 seem to be either filler chapters or the author isn't sure where he is going. This one seemed more song lyrics than narrative.

My biggest on going complaint with Literotica these days is that stories are drawn out to multiple chapters with no end in sight. I love Tx Tall Tales but feel left hanging having to wait days or weeks for a story i could read in one sitting.

Can't wait for the next one!

hansbwlhansbwlabout 7 years ago
I fail to understand - - -

that saying the same thing ten times over, maybe twenty times over makes the story better? The last three chapters has been an ongoing repetition of the same theme - betrayal by all - again - again and again for how many times I can't count.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Help, I'm hooked, I'm hooked!

So pleased this posted on a Sunday. What a great way to start the day. As always, thank you.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
It's going...

It's going the direction I thought it would, but very slowly. You are losing customers dude! Time to get ta steppin!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
BTW

For those (always anonymous it seems) of you who can barely manage to read the back of a cereal box, let alone a multi chaptered and nuanced piece of wordsmanship, I hope TTT really extends this multi branched story with all these wonderful characters to its due length. Rarely do I come across a book I'm sad to end. Like an amazing road trip coming to its terminus. BTW, I'm pretty sure "wordsmanship" is not a word, but I like it anyway.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
I am eager for the next chapter!

This has become more like a novel than a short story and I'm fine with that. Can someone tell me if Jane is a relative of Honor's? It seems like having one of the family girls so interested in a married man would cause some problems, especially if he is a cousin.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Can't Wait For Chapter 5!

At the end of Ch 2 it seemed like Beth was at LEAST going to leave, if not something more drastic, now he’s talking to her again and she’s being Queen Bitch again!

Well, it looks like he’s going to save the old business while helping the Newfs.

It's LOOKING like Honor and Jane, I hope so!

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Guess I should finish...

Guess I should finish my comment. This is a good story and I look forward to the next chapter. With the soon to be ex-wife's attitude changing to her true form, it will make Honor's choices that much easier. Still worry about a suicide so please don't go there.

I do enjoy how you brought out the background of the people of Newfoundland. I have family there...alive and dead. The people in my grandmother's village were good friendly people who showed me nothing but kindness when I visited. Good people...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You raised the bar here

You raised the bar here with your storytelling. I've read all your stories so I can tell this one is without a doubt your best. BB changing into queen bitch is not a good sign (or maybe it is?) it means it would be easier to get rid of the cheating slut without remorse. I won't accept any kind of reconciliation at this point and I think the author is alredy setting some things in motion about what it's going to happen. My only doubt is what will happen with the kids. Another thing I've wondering, How come no one kicked Fred and his brother's asses AFTER what happened?

The calls where certainly a mood breaker in Honor's soul, especially the one with the slut, It felt like being in paradise and returning to hell. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Love how beth and honor have shaped up

Thank God !!!

Honor no longer whines and wimps about. For a chabge he talks of action....

Beth no longer feels sorry for herself. I get why beth got angry at the end of the chapter. How long can honor push her to be a sorry mess.

This chapter feels real. Love it.

3* (the business part, the unexplained suddenness on marie wanted talking to her dad, lyrics and bar singing; talk about too much coincidence).

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 7 years ago
Again

This tale has become a masterpiece.

You have obviously spent some time on the Rock - to bring it to life in the way that you have.

This story (so far) will stand the test of time and showcases your talent. 5/5 is too low for this saga but is the max that can be given.

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Getting too long winded

I am starting to hate on this run away pansy honor guy . Maybe he is a weak ass wimp that deserves a cheating cunt wife. . Nutless fucker. If sit does not get real and soon I will be skipping this story as it is going nowhere

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Reading this story makes me soooo nostalgic

Whatever happened to my VHS copies of ' Waterworld ' and ' The Postman ' or that Costner fella that starred in them ? What was his first name ? Big star before that ... I think these " Town Without Honor " epics could cement TTT's legacy just like KEVIN's. Yeah that was his name. He just kind of disappeared . I wonder if he moved to Newfoundland too?

Vincent0901Vincent0901about 7 years ago
Best

So far tgis is the best story. We should understand Beth: 50 people fired, everyone blames her, she is in deep mess. Suicide of Beth is very probable. Cant wait for next chapter when he will meet Beth. Still hope there will be some revenge on Fred and his brother (I am sure many of your readers wait for that too). Thank you again for your work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Many more chapters, please

It's a wonderful story and I hope this develops into many chapters to come. Ignore the critics -- this is wonderful to read.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

i really like reading stories like this. please keep going and i will keep reading. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
People obviously have different.

Ideas on what makes a story great.

Some call this a masterpiece where as for myself I think the first chapter was fantastic but the last 3 have been drivel.

I will not score this as I just can't be bothered to read any further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
As a fellow author

Your story has me fascinated. Perhaps more than any other I've read on Lit. It certainly is not too long winded, except for those without an imagination. Personally, I'm hoping for a lot more chapters. But I'm the kind of guy who doesn't buy a book unless it's at least 600 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah yes he feels sorry for himself. Get on with the dam story

# 1

wonder203wonder203about 7 years ago
5* again

I knew you were going to end up with the Newfoundland family involved with the business! I am loving this story and where it has been going. Spent a few nights on George street and I can watch this story in my mind as it plays! Thanks and please keep going.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Lest I seemed too negative

This seemed to show SOME progress and the severe cut back in lyrics kept me from wanting to open a vein (preferably yours).

SOMETHING happened this chapter besides wallow (though there is still a hell of a lot of mud lying around). So I am still engaged

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More fluff

Just more fluff and not enough substance. Could be a good story , just need to get back to the theme

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Finish it

Please don't write any more stories and leave them unfinished. When you finish a story THEN put it on literotica. Please not before.

mike9698mike9698about 7 years ago
If

The name of the author wasn't Texas tall tales I wonder what the score for this long winded repetitive whiny crap would be. Somewhere around a 3 * I imagine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

Most anticipated since WWWM. Thanx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
keep r goin!!!!!!!!

Yeh, a little wordy but the best read I've seen in LW in a long, long time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Let's go!

I'm also really glad that BlackRandl1958 got you in loved in this Legends venture. This a great story in spite of the naysayers comments. I truly believe you're going to present a way that allows Honor to get away from his cheating wife (and BS to anyone who's says she loves him, cause you don't do what she did to some one you love) and ride off into the sunset. Hey, if it always worked for John Wayne, why not here?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome!

Legends' Day just keeps on giving. This is turning into something epic! Keep going. I don't care if you post a chapter a week for the rest of the year. Better than anything else being posted. Five.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
Continuing the excellence.

Another great chapter in this saga. It always amazes me that you can write stories like this. This chapter gave us direction and filled out the characters. The sum is even greater than the parts and I think when I look back on this story it's going to be, in my judgment, one of the best ever. Thanks, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Looking good!!

First time commenting on a Lit story. I'm loving this one (and most of TTT's stuff). This last chapter did drag just a bit but, in the character's shoes, I cant say I wouldnt be dragging a bit myself knowing the mess waiting for me back home. I enjoy the character build, would love to get a bit more of Janie's past into the story. Keep it up, TTT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I see how this is going, and I like it. Sucked me in completely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have a sinking feeling...

I have a sinking feeling that this will be a RACC. I have nothing against reconsilation as long as it's not forced or convoluted. I could be wrong and this story will be a divorce story with a "loving woman" waiting for the MC. But even the new woman and Honor's chemistry is weak. It feels like Honor is just on the rebound. And the people around MC are still going for the "better man" routine. Haven't they realized, that's what got shafted in the first place.

Lastly, this story is starting to drag. The difference between this chapter and the previous one is the "loving wife" is becoming a bitch. I don't understand why when she's the one who wronged the husband. But I will continue reading. A so-so chapter doesn't make the whole story bad.

-chuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Outstanding

Story is very good. Plot interesting, characters believable. It's a long story so ignore any complaints. Story development takes time and words. Keep going.

Doc B

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 7 years ago
5 stars

Started too melodramatic but picked up nicely by the end.

Let's all hope Honor ends up with lovely Janie. And let's hope the erotic part of the story kicks in soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"You're not going to let them go under. You're going to save them. Save her. I knows it."

FUCK IT. I knew he was gonna wimp out in a MAJOR way. I'm gonna quit here, page one of chapter 4. pity, beacuse chapter 1 was awesome. then it all went to shit pretty fast. *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
ambivalent

I will give this a 4. I am not overly fond of stories on Literotica which focus, like a novel on non-plot moving details and side stories and go days in between without the postings. I admit due to time constraints that I have rushed through almost just skimming some of it. I don't rush through the parts that deal with Honor's wife, kids and family back home. I have the opinion that Honor has more than honor. He suffers from pride and arrogance. To punish a whole community and your extended family because of most of them not telling you something they knew or suspected seems nearly egoistic hinging on narcissism to me. Without honor. Things are not black and white. I am sure that it is true that many of the persons who did not out the wife to him did so because they thought they were doing the right thing even for Honor. But he'll get them all. I anticipate that Honor will regain some in the end and in the nick of time come to his senses and try to regain some of his lost honor. Hopefully for his sake his tantrum ends while their is still time to save his own honor and the town.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks for the effort.

But oddly emphasizes the minute details while ignoring the heart of the story. So we know how many eggs he had for breakfast, that he gets confused with his relatives names, that he feels really really really betrayed, so he gave the betrayers his business and a bunch of money, and that his daughter is angry and hates him, except suddenly, she doesn't. Maybe I'm the only reader, but here are a few things I think might make the story more interesting and compelling:

Is Beth still fucking Fred? What is Beth doing, with the business, the children, her personal time? Where is Fred? What is Fred doing? Is Fred still fucking Beth? What exactly is the relationship between Beth and Fred? What does Carol know about what Beth and Fred are doing? What is Honor's mother doing in his absence? Is Fred fucking Honor's mother? Is Fred fucking Carol? Does Beth have any regrets, want to reconcile with Honor, want to maintain custody of the children, interested in seeking counseling, still having multiple orgasms with Fred? I could go on.

Its very frustrating when you see a really compelling and dramatic plot, but the author wants to concentrate on what's for Sunday dinner, or the lyrics of songs, or that fact that he made a breakfast sandwich with eggs and meat, or how many beers he drank, or how many aspirins he took. Unfortunately, I could go on and on and on. Read it for yourself.

OK, just fuck me. I didn't pay a damn dime for this story. And you are making it worth exactly what we paid for it. Too bad. By the time you get to the conclusion of their relationship and the story, there won't be enough energy left in it to give a damn.

I think I understand why this story laid unfinished for so long. Like his marriage to Beth, some things you just need to walk away from and go pursue a better idea.

Danger09Danger09about 7 years ago
Taking wayyyyyy too long

This story is so slow and SUPER boring. It has its moments but I was getting irritated with everyone's attitude about him helping his slut wife and shitty town.. What fucking universe are they on? His wife has been cheating on hm with his cousin and his employees, family and town covered for the slut! There is no forgiveness call me Ms Petty. The betrayal is just way too deep to forgive and forget. I wouldn't want to be associated with the people that betrayed me or the people who think he should just be a bigger man, suck it up and go help his whore wife, despicable family and shitty town😕😕.. Being a bigger man didn't stop them from helping the tramp cover up her treachery. No, I'd want to watch them all homeless and destitute. I don't understand why so many channels/chapters? It makes me feel like a RAAC is in the works not just with the cum slut but family/town. It just won't seem believable. Channel 4 + 4 pages of nothingness, the story hadn't really moved from the last 3 channels. It's moving really slow. I want to hear from the whore and family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Abouth Beth

Her mother said one thing about Beth, then whe Honor called her she showed a very different and ugly face. Who is the real BB? Maybe both? If she loved him so much how could she do what she did? So there must be some hate towards Honor inside her to do what she did, even when she was warned about it. I guess that's the face that's showing now. True remorse lasts forever regrets doesn't. Now we know the cheating cunt wasn't really remorseful, she just regreted she got caught and to be faced with the consequences of her whoring around. The cunt doesn't deserve any consideration at this point. Divorce her cheating ass asap. Come on man! you're the same writer that wrote that epic Agena's A joke sequel. Do not dissapoint us making Honor a weak wimp. No one deserves his forgiveness. I would borrow a line from Eleanor Rigby for what I expect from you: "No one was saved".

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

We all are happy that you dusted it off. Your labors are apprieciated

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great story

dont know what wrong with the trolls i think the story is great wonder what theirs is like keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WRONG CATEGORY

put this boring, dragging, steaming pile in Novels and Shit where it belongs. ☆

HadleyVBaxendaleHadleyVBaxendaleabout 7 years ago
What happens next?

I like this story very much - is a fifth chapter possible?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Amazing

I am always anticipating the next installment. This is better than 99% of the books sold for retail.

Keep them coming.

Fantastic job. Just fantastic.

TrishieldTrishieldabout 7 years ago
Impatient

No complaints other than the wait.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Poor them! Fifty people unemployed! They are family!

If I read this BS one more time I will not be finishing this story.

Hell, I might not finish it anyway, it seems revenge is going to be more and more unlikely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Need to Understand the wife

Its a great story. Honor is in a lot of pain. Screw the town and factory. I would like to know what the hell is up with his wife. She fucked up, and now she is bitching him out in the last phone call? The only thing he needs back home are his kids.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 7 years ago
Interesting

And,it gives a glimpse of the future,Honor has figured out he can't move forward by saving the old way of things, sounds like he will let the old company die, then rebuild from the ashes and eventually rebuild w the family (when he says 'won't make it easy for them'). It is amazing that the people don't even try to say they are sorry to Honor for what they did, their only sorrow is for themselved.Beth is the worst, and all you see is her as the spoiled princess who assumed Honor was hers, that she could do what she wanted and now blames him because he finally told her no.

One of the things he has a right to be pissed at is his own family tells him how rigid he is,how his always trying to do the right thing made him unlikable, which is probably true, but where was his mother, his family, especially Beth, to give to him the greatest gift the newfies understand, to tell him he doesn't have to be perfect, that his dad forgot to tell him it is okay to be human, to be needed. Beth should have told him she needed him more than the business did, more importantly that Honor was turning himself into a martyr....the family took from him without giving, the let Beth destroy him, and now if they are sorry it is for themselves, not their behavior.

As far as the length of the story, the problem is when you read a book, you can finish it, with stories published once a week it goes too slow.Some people like the Perils of Pauline, I prefer where I can set my own pace.

I look forward to seeing get where this goes, I suspect he will finally realize Beth was never in live with him but rather with 'honor' the boy she worshipped and he will end up with Jane who lived him for who he was,not what he brought. Jane had an advantage, though,she got to see the human face of honor, the one who could drink and sing, not the Honor his father created as a a 'perfect' man of Honor.Beth never even tried to bri g out the human side, and I will bet when she sees the softer Honor she will bitterly tell him 'why didn't I see that side of you, why wasn't I given that?", without thinking that came out because good people drew it out of him by loving him as a person rather than using him for their own needs, they dumped a load of bricks on him after his dad turned him into a Donkey, then wondered why he collapsed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Business Tycoon

This guy can't seem to make his mind up about anything. Good luck running a business, he should stick to strumming his guitar in some deadbeat saloon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Like the story

Hey Tx,

I like the story. I'm a Newf myself and I've lived here my whole life. I gotta say you have the culture down pretty good. Makes me wonder what connections you have back here.

Other than the wait between chapters I have no real issues with the story. Though some might find his pain a bit dragged out or repetitive I don't. When people like Honor are betrayed it pretty much destroys them...their whole WORLD is gone. I get it, believe me.

Great story, just wanted to write a comment to say I've enjoyed it. I just hope you don't loose patients and rush the ending.

Grant

Petitor@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

I sure hope you see fit to finish this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Go home, asshole! You have KIDS!

I'm starting to hate this 'Honor Guy'. And I find Jane an annoying bitch, too.

Finish this thing soon, one way or another, it's running out of steam.

Concritic123Concritic123about 7 years ago
OMG....

The first two chapters were really good. That said, the last two chapters remind me of a swimming pool filled with really cold Mrs Butterworth pancake syrup. Sickly sweet and really hard to navigate. You've overdone the character development for Honor. What's next for Honor? Does he put on his cape and capture Kim Jung Un?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WHY?!?!?!?

Why do they all push Honor to help the traitors? They'll lose their job, so what? They'll find another. Life goes on. Honor did his best for them, for YEARS. He owes them nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just a suggestion

Move the plot along without re telling over and over and over oh I did it too. See how boring that is? Good characters emotion etc. try capturing that with another plot device other than re-telling the betrayal over and over and over and. Well you get the point I hope.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Moving Right Along Now

Glad that you've got the story line moving again. But I have to say that I'm getting a bit cranky now every time Honor goes off on how he feels betrayed by everyone. We've heard it enough, already! ;-)

I'm still waiting to hear all about Beth's brain tumor, or whatever the fuck is going on in her head to cause her whacked-out behavior. I know you'll tidy it up for us bye-n-bye.

Thanks -- waiting for the next chapter....

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinabout 7 years ago
Thank you

Again I love your work and appreciate you creating and sharing this tale with us.

I'm glad Honor is getting to the point of sorting out which sinners can be saved from the purgatory he placed them in and which need to suffer in a fiery hell forever.

Watching him grow up throughout your story has been wonderful and I look forward to the judge, jury, executioner role that I hope he adopts next.

Patiently awaiting the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Honor has none. I hope Beth can move on...

The longer this story goes on the more I really dislike this man-child Honor. He has none. His father would be ashamed of him. Believe me, if I were Beth's therapist I would write a brief to request the court limit or remove his access to the children after her suicide. He has yet to ask her whether she has figured out what the problem was. Believe me, it could be postpartum depression. In my area we recently had a mother of 7 murder her husband and drive into a lake with her 3 month old in the child seat. She was known as a good loving mother and wonderful wife. After the last child she had a breakdown. She was under treatment but could not shake the problem. People who saw her drive into the water were able to save the infant but unfortunately not her. She drowned. I believe that the family plans to bury her next to her husband. Now there are 7 orphans, on of which will blame himself for both his parents deaths simply for being born. Honor is only worried about his pain and keeps lashing out like a spoiled child for the pain that the very woman he should be trying to understand "in sickness and in health". But no, he deliberately created a situation in which she must fail, take his entire family down with her, make everyone hate her then go off and have all the fun that HE planned to have with her. Oh, lets not forget he deliberately told HER family what was going on, which was not his place at all. He is using his children as a weapon against her and continues to torture someone HE claimed to love. What a complete and total asshole and sociopath monster. He stays away from his own children punishing them and using their pain to further injure his once loving wife. He says he loves her but he does not, in fact I would argue that he has no idea what that emotion really is. There is no pain nor anger no emotion that would keep me away from my children. Yet this pathetic excuse for a father, constantly rebuffs his daughter and son who are begging him to return, not for their sakes, but for their mothers. Yet what is "Honor" response? No I need to finish my temper tantrum before I come home. To hell with this limp dicked little boy before it is to late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A Fascinating Story

This a well done and well thought out story. Anyone who has gone through what Honor has understands his thinking, even if they don't agree with it. His characters are well-developed and very interesting. I hope Honor winds up with Janie, saves his old town and successfully builds his new business in Newfoundland. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

xxxDaveFreemanxxxDaveFreemanabout 7 years ago
FINISH IT!

Is this going to be like some of your other works, unfinished? I'm starting to see a pattern here. You get bored or don't know how to finish.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
FROM THE GET-GO

no Real choices were ever made and that is what it should be, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
dont leave us hanging!!!

pls finish this story, don't leave it unfinished or open ended!!!!!

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
mmmm......

In the movie, "Animal House", while at the frat party, John Belushi passes by a guitarist singing a folk song, listens a moment, then grabs the guitar from the singers hands and smashes to pieces. That's where I am now in this story. Besides that I'm cool with this story.

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
Continues to be a great story

Clearly it's not one for readers who are in a hurry. You need to let TTT unfold his tale at the pace he wants.

For me, it makes sense that this is a long one. Honor has had his world destroyed in such a devastating way, and I find his mood-swings and rage and bitterness and confusion--and attraction to Janie--perfectly understandable. How could any man put his life back together in short order after what has happened to him?

I will try to wait patiently for each new chapter--and enjoy every one!

Thanks, ohio

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/26/17 Re: Honor and Beth Shape Up

I totally disagree that Beth has a right to be angry. SHE totally betrayed and humiliated him, she's lucky that he hasn't already kicked her to the curb!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hurry up

and conclude this mofo, get arnold to rip the bandaid off already, his wife is becoming a hateful bitch, get it over with and end her misery. his old business is about to be history, (its only been gone 2 months and its approaching the red). Go in there and put the last nail in that coffin. Tell them all to go fuck themselves and move back to newfie land. Abandon the kids, because they are probably not his anyway. The wife has probably gone back to fucking his ex best mate again so might as well just go off pay your final respects and bolt back to her new squeeze.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@njlauren Re: Interesting

No, I don't think he's going to let the old company fail, I think he's going to revive it in conjunction with the new one in Newfoundland.

It does seem odd that they don't like him for being rigid and "always doing the right thing," but now they're mad because he WON'T "do the right thing" and forgive everyone!

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

I see Beth becoming more unstable and now sees no hope - to her life is almost over - beware. Honor is a typical petulant spoiled single-child, a man-child, that cannot let go of his grief, learn from this shit, and move on. Honor has just grievances with his USA wife/family/town but he needs to 'shit or get off the pot' and quit tormenting his children (the innocent) in all this drama. Honor needs to man-up for his children.

This new Canook family company is what Honor needs focus him into making decisions so Ch 5 & 6 are going to be interesting. Ya got to put a real hard hurt on Fred and Dale - so far those two are winners in this drama. Honor needs to reconsider his Aunt as his secret PA - she is doing things outside of her job description giving false hopes and meddling - nearly as bad as Ronnie. Honor needs to put a hard foot on Ronnie.

Thanks TTT, good yarn with a few flaws.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Re: Finishing

In his comment on Ch 1, TTT TOLD us this would be 6 or 7 chapters, so being upset that it wasn't done in four is like the spoiled kid kicking the back of the driver's seat because a six hour trip isn't done in three hours!

I do hope that "A Blackmail Tale" and "It Was Only a Blowjob" get finished!

oldauthoroldauthorabout 7 years ago
Today's Louis L'Amour

I have thoroughly enjoyed each of your chapters of "A Town Without Honor" and the detail you have added in describing Honor's travels reminds me of the writings of Louis L'Amour who made it a practice to always visit any place he included in his many stories. I found that any place you mentioned in one of your chapters caused me to immediately look it up in Google's Earth and learn what I could about the place and the area. I applaud your attentiveness to not only the historical detail but the current facts and hope that you continue to create such enjoyable work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Me thinks Beth is Cheating Again

I'm loving this story. The characters, the plot, writing style. I'm getting the feeling though that Beth is cheating again and people are covering for her..again. I'm also thinking those kids aren't his. She didn't use the sample she left, she just used a sample she found which could've easily been the sample from one of her lovers (this from an earlier story BTW).

I think the "town" and Beth are just upset because they can't have their cake and eat it too. And the right thing part that keeps coming up has me thinking that he should to right by him not right by what others think. All mistakes can be forgiven sure, but you still have to face the consequences. In Honor's case .. that would mean they'd need to find another job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Moving along at Glacial speed

Let's guess - Honor is going back home to tell Beth that he doesn't love her anymore and she kills herself. Honor takes his two children to Canada and marries Janie and starts a Canadian company. What else is left to this story except perhaps a few new songs? This story took a left turn and never came back (yet) and I think there will be a BTB ending (after stringing Beth along for a year) and "His Honor" will bask in his new glory and new found family!

Rhsc1Rhsc1about 7 years ago
After This Episode

I am hooked...waiting for the next installment. Great writing. You have a way of getting the reader involved In the characters. At first I thought it was an over the top cheating wife story. Now, it has morphed into a decent romance. I hope we can read more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You manged to make me dislike both

Beth and Honor... Neither one has any reall feelings and neither can see farther than their own needs and wants.... they should have never had kids. The kids are the only really likeable characters in the story. Honor has turned out to be the quintessential ass. When someone screws tbe pooch like Beth did and Honor gets as selfish as he did and throws a childish tantrum, then neither one cares a damn about the family they had together and the kids are the one's who suffer. At least Beth grew up enough to take care of the kids while Honor ran away to pout. She also tried to work and keep the company afloat. I lost respect for Honor when he lost respect for himself. If he just started with a divorce and kept custody of the kids, I could have understood his actions. Under the circumstances of the story they deserve each other and they both need to man and woman Up and be parents.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 7 years ago
Do the story and the characters justice

Do the story and the characters justice and take as much time and as many chapters as needed to get it right! Personally I love the story so far and have no problem understanding just how truly devastated Honor is by both his cheating slut's and his family's betrayal.

IF I read it right I think that what he came up with is starting a new company in his old hometown an d thus giving new jobs to most of his old employees while letting him jettison the ones that hurt him the worst. I do hope he losses the cheating slut and moves on to the new love in his life who could put him back together again. When he returns to Newfoundland I hope he brings his children with him. Good luck with your writing on this great story as I can't wait to read more of it!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
Enjoying the ride, mostly

Developing the ancillary but important characters, moving the plot along, letting relationships grow all take some time. This is one of those stories where I eagerly look forward to new postings and despite my promises to myself to wait until it's complete to read, click and start reading immediately. So much for self-control. Song lyrics... I've given up on hoping the singing would stop and just skip over them. Can hardly wait to see what he sings to his kids, his wife, her mother, his mother, his employees, etc. Literotica Musicals for 2,000, Alex. Despite the lyrics, it's a great story. 5*

TwopullTwopullabout 7 years ago
Now bored

I mean is a tad amusing how quickly and immediately the cheated man gets another angel to replace the wife. And how the wife quickly turns from a helpless spineless Slut to a bitch... I know it's fiction but it can be a bit more realistic and not this childish. Which is a shame given that the first part was really good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I hope the foreshadowing here is deliberately misleading!

Should he divorce his cheating cunt wife? Absolutely! Should she be driven to suicide? No way! His loyal cousins need to be beaten within an inch of their miserable lives. He needs to rescue his ex & send her to her parents, gather his kids & move to Canada. Let the rest rot in hell! Note he only needs to rescue his ex for his kids sake, children need their mom too. His "family" didn't take aside his cousins and beat some sense into them, and then solely blame his ex when the feces hits the impeller device and she's working her ass off to save them? B.S.!!! Rotting in hell might be too good for them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't know ...

I don't know. I'm torn here a bit. Everywhere he turns there are comments that he needs to do what is right. His northern relatives have also rather quickly gone into the "what is there for me" mode, to. Playing in a band (huh?), funding a startup business, where he provides the patents, know-how, and seed money and gets only 40% in return? I'd like that kind of a deal please.

My biggest issue is this guy needs to grow a pair though, he's got two kids at home that I am quite frankly surprised still know who he is. Yeah, it sucks, but he still has them. I am also still waiting for the rational conversation with Beth, as they haven't gotten past one or both of them responding with pure emotion yet. I think they could have had that in the last call if he had maybe asked her a few pointed questions, put the ball back in her court.

Good story, I don't think he owes his old town anything, though he does his children. His Wife was so out of character to the romance they had, I still can't get my head around that - it is as if we were reading about two separate people, and that detracts from the story a bit for me without explanation. Finally, not sure I enjoy where the northern relatives thing is going for reasons above.

Love your stories though, thank you, and keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
2*

Way too much detail. I lost interest half way page two. Hope the next chapter is not this bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too much navel gazing

Chapter 1 set the stage for a likable guy who had been serious wronged, we wondered what he would do. How would he get revenge? How would he get his self confidence back after learning that everyone he knew and loved betrayed him?

Well, he runs around getting drunk and whining......

What about Fred?

What about using some of that money he has to hire some PIs to find out what really happened and what is going on now?

What about just going back and confronting the bunch of assholes instead of running around getting drunk?

At this point, "Honor" is not a likable person.

LoadstoneLoadstoneabout 7 years ago
All over but the singing...oh God, the singing...

I reviewed last chapter guessing that his wife would kill herself and he would hook up with Jane and move the kids to Canada. I thought that was a shame, since I liked Beth as a character more than Jane; I read the story to that point as Beth "taking her lumps" and selflessly struggling to save the company despite the rejection of the town, while Jane wasn't really a character beyond some teen aged hottie with a good voice. If anything, that worked against her considering how blatant and frustratingly music-centric the entire chapter was.

Now I've read chapter 4 and I can't really change my guess. Chapter 4 felt like deliberate resolution of all the hurdles to the above:

- His wife is likable (or at least, can be empathized with)? Make her act like a bitch.

- He's too honorable to hang his old town out to dry? Give them a (long-range!) role in supporting a new company. No, that's not the immediate idea, but I think we all know any business Honor's a part of will grow and prosper.

- No real ties to this new town? Build a new business here and make him part of the town's new band.

- Jane feels fake and two-dimensional, and their "romance" feels rushed and shallow? Give them a night together with music, family, and stand up for each other.

Don't get me wrong, you write a great romance. I knew even last chapter that this was most likely, if for no other reason than this is a St. Paddy's Day story so he'll end up with the girl singing about Ireland. I'm sure as the story goes on, I'll be pulling for Jane over Beth. But to this point I've been pulling for Beth, so all of these justifications feel forced and exaggerated. I guess you could call the reader shift from pro-Beth to pro-Jane a success on your part, as this roughly mirrors the course of Honor's life, but to this reader the path has not felt natural.

As always, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more. I'm sure all of this setup and buildup (and the flak you've caught in doing so) will all pay off. Despite (what I hope you find) constructive criticism, I'm definitely emotionally invested in the resolution.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 7 years ago
Glad Too

I'm glad they talked you into it too. Great story!

mmk778mmk778about 7 years ago
hello

I Read your story for all 4 parts and now it's like story is going to drag and just drag to much hero don't want to take out is head in to ass come on is is just 33 write know a plant of life up a head divorce that bitch of wife and build new life with that janie and build new businesses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This series I hate! (because I have to wait) ;)

I am enjoying this story series a lot. Please finish ASAP, Thank you.

cyferxcyferxabout 7 years ago
You lost me

I agree with many people here that the story is getting into the weeds and bogged down because of this extended foray into Newfieland. He is also rehashing the same tired BTB trope, they all betrayed me. The real problem with the story is that you telegraph the ending, he is not going to reconcile and he will save the town (of course!) once he proves his point that they need him, before abandoning it again for a new town and a new set of (better?) relatives with his true love. You should never have made Janie his soulmate. You introduced magic into the story and there is now no way they can't get together unless Honor denies his true self. So that's settled. I don't care if they reconcile or not, just don't tell me which they are going to do. Keep the tension. You now have let all the tension out of the plot by telegraphing it leaving the story out of tune and falling flat. The only reason to keep reading is to see how it goes down exactly but your tendency to be long-winded doesn't help us continue. I stopped when Janie sang the "girlfriend" song because there wasn't much point in continuing and skipped to the end, you are STILL in Newfieland after two more pages. When is he going to go back and "get closure", which means canning his wife and saving the business?

You were doing a bit of a poor job not telegraphing the BTB ending anyways by making Beth's infidelity a slutty threesome in the livingroom. Hard to forgive that. But I was hoping that he would see he is really a dick and that is why he is in this mess. One commentator hit it on the head when he said that Honor suffers from egotism bordering on complete narcissism. He is a moral tyrant and he is cruel with anyone who doesn't meet his standards of moral perfection. He actually said he never lies. Only an asshole says something like that.

I was hoping for some character development where Honor realizes he is too hard and inhumane, and decides that he is going to change. Things aren't black and white. People are not heroes and villians. Beth is not just a slut. We are not all children but have to grow up sometimes and realize other people are human beings who make mistakes. I would have stuck around for a story like that one. Maybe in the end, Honor and Beth could not make it work out, and he goes back to his Newfie love, but you have now made that inevitable. Not every reconciliation is a RAAC, just as not every failed marriage is a BTB. Those are actually when the story is a bad one. Good stories stand on their own because they make you believe the ending whichever way it works out.

Instead we are going to get the same ol' BTB where the husband makes everyone suffer for his moral purity. I am sure there are plenty interested in that outcome even (and probably more so) if they can see it coming. I prefer a nuanced working out of the plot and tension and characters where I don't know how it is going to go, and, yes, I would like to see one of these betrayed husband characters learn some humility. (I read a great one the other day even.) Honor is almost insufferable as a moral dictator, but of course still likable. It would be nice to see him as more of a human being who sees others as human beings including himself (so he doesn't say stupid things like I never lie). I guess that is too much to ask. (As a side note, cut the near incest stuff out of the story. The conduct of Honor with his mother was creepy, but looking at your other stories I see why it is there. Keep it for the incest category. I didn't mind the MiL episode though it seemed weird there with someone with as much rectitude as Honor.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too Dragggeedddd out

These four chapters could easily have been written within two. Would have been tighter and flowed better. Tired of all the unnecessary drinking, singing and forced accent talking. Honor turns out to be a complete ass; unforgiving totally, not willing to reconsider anything, and everyone else is at fault. The Hell with the well-being of his children. Let's just wallow in self-pity. Obviously he's going to wind up with Jane, provide sufficient business for his home town to alleviate his guilt, and rationalize he can find enough time for his children. The protagonist has lost all interest for me. Frankly, Beth sounds like the best person right now.

I guess I really don't care if you publish anymore chapters.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
The romance between Jane

and Honor feels fake as hell to me.

Also, you should let Dave find out that his wife was shaking her tits in her millionaire son-in-laws face. Just for kicks.

Beyond that, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully you're barreling towards a resolution of some sort. I can't say I'll stop reading if theirs another chapter on the island, but I really don't want to read another chapter on the island.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Negative comments abound but the score appears too high. Looks like laurel is dropping everything below a 2 or 3 in the score calculation. Too bad, a little honesty by laurel the cheating cunt moderator would have been nice, for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
the ending

Like to see him go back home and promise to rescue the business and save everyones jobs providing he gets full custody of the kids. What could slut Beth say? The townspeople would lynch her if she refused. Come to think of it, that might be an even better ending!

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
Very good

What is with these people with the attention span of a fruit fly? I didn't like all the song lyrics in the last chapter, but this was great! Looking forward to the next chapter. I hope you have four more.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 7 years ago
Is this story ever going to end?

It's gone from great to good to OK to tedious!

texcavemantexcavemanabout 7 years ago
I wonder if Lit is ...

Todays updated adult oriented Readers Digest? RD was for the lazy reader too impatient to read an ENTIRE story so they anxiously read RD.

I know I groan when I discover an incomplete story but at the same time I find myself scaanning the "new" story listing of each following day. Hoping to complete whatever had captured my imagination.

We readers are LAZY! Go ahead admit it! I know I skipped chapters in my past just to see an ending. Be patient let TTT finish HIS STORY! But please TTT, hurry up...lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Losing some patience...

As another commentator mentioned my sympathies are now veering towards Beth and the town. Just beginning to understand why they all hated him. Looks like the ending is telegraphed with him abandoning the evil Beth for the wonderful Janie.

The author has managed to turn this round so no-one (well not me anyway) really cares for the hero now.

Still thanks for this huge effort. Worthy of 4*

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadabout 7 years ago
Last 4 Paragraphs

They mattered... rest were the incarnation of my wife's favorite hobby - Testing my patience....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories