A New Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~~

While the roadies and techs were all scrambling to get the previous act off of the stage, and our gear on to the stage, my band was playing this one with me, I took my place as soon as everything was ready. All at once I heard the emcee's voice say, "Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to bring you, Travis Jameson!"

As the curtain opened we began playing, and while the rest of the crowd were on their feet cheering loudly, I looked down to see Tara laughing wildly and Hillary with her arms crossed in front of her and glare of consternation on her face. However, the moment I looked into her eyes and she saw the love that was now living there because of her, the angry glare on her face melted into a beautiful smile, and she began to clap her her hands then shook her finger at me, giggling like a school girl.

~~~~~~

I was getting ready to play the last song of my set. It was one that I'd just written a couple of days ago, as well as being one of those which Chet had said would be a number one. It was a song about a guy that had always dreamed of having the perfect woman, and after having had his heart torn out by the roots; he finally meets her. But he is so afraid of losing her, and that's why the song was called, "So Afraid".

Before I began to play, I stepped up to the microphone and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I've come to a crossroad in my life and I'm asking for your help." The audience grew very quiet as I continued, "There is very beautiful soul among you tonight, who has become very precious and very special to me. I know that if I ever had to live without her, I would surely die," and by this time I was looking directly into Hillary's eyes, which at this point, were beginning to fill with tears. "I'm afraid of doing this," I said, to the audience, "So, put your hands together if you think I should ask her to marry me," and the crowd came unglued. It was so loud in the auditorium that night, that next morning in the newspapers; they said that we could be heard all the way to the middle of downtown Dallas.

I held my hand out to Hillary as the security guys escorted her to middle of the stage, in front of God and everyone. As we stood together, center stage, I dropped down on one knee. Opening the box that contained her wedding set, I withdrew the engagement ring and said, "I love you with all my heart, Hillary, and I know that we're both scared to death, but I can't imagine my life without you. Will you honor me by becoming my wife?"

The whole auditorium became as silent as a mausoleum, and not two seconds after I'd proposed to her, Hillary smiled, then cried, "Yes, you know I will," and once again the crowd went crazy as I slipped the ring on the third finger of her left hand.

Once the crowd had settled back down, I walked Hillary to my piano, and sat her down beside me. "This is a song I wrote for you, Hil," I said, into the microphone, and then began to play and sing. And by the time I'd finished, both of our faces were wet with tears of eternal love and joy.

~~~~~~

We were married the following spring in the one of the most beautiful weddings that I'd ever seen. It was neither rich nor extravagant; it was a simple ceremony that was held on a private beach with a few close friends and family members in attendance, but it was the true believe in love by all who were there that day which made it special.

~~~~~~

Six years and five albums later, Hillary and I built a home on South Padre Island, close to where my parent's beach house is. Three years ago, Hillary presented me with a beautiful baby girl, who is looking more and more like her mother each day I might add...lol, who we named, Kelsey.

Tara married her boyfriend, Mark, and they live about a block down from us. Mark's band, The Bail Jumpers, just inked a deal with Warner Brothers, and I've agreed to let them be my opening act on the next tour I do, which begins in a couple of weeks.

~~~~~~

When I flew out to L.A. to sign the agreement with the record label, Chet told me that Mandy had died from an overdose. Unbeknownst to me, some old friends of mine pitched in together and paid for her funeral expenses and a grave in a decent cemetery.

~~~~~~

So here I stand, looking down at her headstone as I lay the roses on her grave. "I'm very sorry this happened, Mandy," I said, with tears in my eyes, "Goodbye...."

~~~~~~

People say that it's hard to get over the pain of an old life. I say no, it's not. The best way to get over the pain of an old life is to start....A New Life.

THE END

1...5678910