All Comments on 'Panacea'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Sterile Story Concerning Dual Duos of Abercrombie and Fitch Habitués Whose Lives Seem as Arid and Parched as The Wives' Wombs

Yeah . Didn't connect as a reader with this pitch from mega-talented author . The aesthetics and snowflake sensibilities of characters hijacked the humor and danger elements that GirlintheMoon usually has centerstage.

Maybe if an adorable moppet , possibly neighbor's kid had been added to cast of characters that could have added pathos and comedy spice and disguised fundamental blandness and vapidity of main personages? Oh wait ! That dramatic ' irresistible tyke' arrow inhabits another luminary scribe's quiver. Never mind.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

An interesting take on the sharing idea, helping them get over the loss of the baby. It was very well written and I'm glad things didn't fall apart for Heather and Jack.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Wonderful Story

Great job, GitM. If it wasn't for the huge misstep of including Yankee references that weren't complete negatives, this would have gotten a 6 from me. You'll have to settle for a five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Grate story!

As a rule, I normally have to as take a deep breath before attempting one of your stories because as talented & insightful that i think your stories are, I personally find them to be slightly demeaning & chauvinistic. Therefore, i was pleasantly surprised by this tale & the fact you chose to leave him with some dignity.

Thanks again.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
A poignant, refreshing story

GitM has the ability to bring characters to life. This was a believable little tale of loss and second chances. Thanks for the hard work to give us readers something special for the holidays!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Classic Story Teller

Always a pleasure reading your tales, filled with emotion and insight...well done. With this story, it was a hard topic you chose to base your story on, feelings of despair and truly raw heartache felt by all. I do feel Jack was pressured into the whole affair though, Heather had transferred her affection to David and Kirsten, not completely but quite a bit. I understand that it was a way of healing for her, but I can't help wonder if she continued going to their house alone what would of happened. Heather also felt a need to pay them back for the kindness and understanding...she kept going towards the fire instead of stepping back from it...it's how most affairs start...Jack realized he had little choice as he saw his wife become less interactive with the separation of not seeing them for a bit. In the end, was there this "TRUE CONNECTION" they kept expressing, because the closeness over time disappeared...just my thoughts...well done again.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
Wow

That managed to be hot AND moving. Easy 5 stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
If you are a monogamous

kind of guy and your wife suggests doing otherwise, start moving money and plan your escape.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 5 years ago
Really conflicted about this one

I gave it three stars for the writing, but withheld two stars for the situation in the plot. Emotionally vulnerable people were playing with dynamite. People with a counseling background (Heather at minimum; David and Kristen perhaps - I can't remember whether they have formal training and whether their counseling at their home was personal or professional) should be especially attuned to the dangers associated with playing with this dynamite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No, just phuqing NO!

Two people in a place of power, take advandtage of two emotionally fragile (almost emotionally crippled people) for sex. This type of thing is not phuqing sexy!

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Absolutely Superb

I thought this was a wonderful story with realistic characters sharing a common loss and finding a creative way to re-start their lives. A story about very ordinary people doing extra-ordinary things.

Combine such a fascinating scenario with flawless writing, and I have to put this one down as my favourite GitM story.

Lue

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
A very beautiful story

I had a big smile on my face at the end of this one. For some reason, this had a Christmas story sort of vibe to it for me, in the best possible way.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago

I knew the characters and cared how they moved on. That’s hard to do and thanks for that. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well I tried.

I really gave it my best. But no matter how technically well written, now matter how well paced or how believeable that characters were, I just couldn't like this story. I wish I understood why writers make their more "experienced" couples feel like such deceitful and manipulative characters, unless that was their aim.

Established as "councelors", they both set to work on the emotionally vulnerable wife and then went after the husband, even trying to positively reinforce the experience with a "friendly" man to man chat, with the MC feeling rightly pissed off at the "fatherly" dominance hierarchy the guy used to convince him that Jack's instinct was just stupid adherance to no doubt "patriarchical" societal norms.

Nope. Sorry, not convinced.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Great story.

Your usual quality: better than 99 percent of anything written. You never cease to amaze me. Great story, great characters, great writing. You are the class of any group you are in. Five stars, of course. Randi.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 5 years ago
A knockout!

What a complex tale, simultaneously lustful and loving. Not the usual thing. GITM always delivers, and I love HEA endings. Five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
gave it a 5

loved it almost completely, i could REALLY do without the

“Get over the macho shit, Jack. Get over that I have a dick, too, and I saw your dick, so if either one of us has to feel a little insecure, it’s me. Get over what society has brainwashed us into thinking. You’re not a cuckold, you’re not some schmuck. "

it's so....preachy. and dumb. like...for such smart people it's just a go-to psuedo intellectual collectivist thinking that's fashionable...yes...it's only popular...it's not exactly based in science. i'm actually really sick of it. all the easy digs at men...since men aren't wired to treat women like men, they let those nasty barbs slide...and smart idiots like this older man swallow that because...they wanna fit in.

you've heard it all before, 'who hurt you?, typical insecure male, male ego, toxic masculinity, insecure male.' the irony is his insecurity is NORMAL, and he just needs to work through it...the REAL brainwashing is this professor preaching male insecurity. people....get insecure...it's a normal emotion to be processed. but it's hard to look at reality as it is when colored into collectivist...tribal....man-hating.

like...what the older guy said earlier was spot on, why throw in pop-culture masque ring as fact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Gee, why am I not surprised luedon liked the story?

Because, of COURSE, the "CREATIVE way for them to restart their lives" after suffering multiple miscarriages is...(drum roll...wait for it!) FUCKING OTHER PEOPLE!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

“Does this help? Because this is enough for me, truly. I don’t need them.” - I know it would kill the story, so why bring them in?

"They hardly know us! Or at least, me." - Yes, Heather's been spending a lot of time with then without Jack.

“We don’t have to do anything." - Except, of course, they do!

"It’s just that they have come to mean so much to me and it’s getting harder and harder to ignore." - That means that you have to stop seeing them. Sheesh, it's not rocket science!

"it was evident she missed her friends" - Okay, it's been a few weeks now, time for things to cool off, get back together as FRIENDS, as COUPLES. Make it clear that that's ALL it is, forget about any sharing/swapping bullshit, no more Heather being alone with them.

She's willing to drop it, let it fucking drop!

“I think we should try again." - WTF? It seems like they all felt more or less disappointed, and he wants to try AGAIN?

"David’s eyes glowed with renewed excitement" - I guess we can all see who's driving this bus!

Five stars, but I'm glad they got it out of their system, as my comments indicate, I would have pulled the plug much sooner. But then, there's no story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well written, as usual

But totally unconvincing. Even though you wrote this story well, you really don't understand the pain of going thru a miscarriage, or two, or three. Each one takes a piece of you with it. The pain never goes away, even when you have a baby or two. The pieces are always missing. When you tried to convince us that breaking their marital vows not once, but multiple times, was some type of panecea for their problems, I wanted to throw up. The facts are that both men are cuckolds and both women are cheaters, regardless of whether or not they had their husbands or wives temporary permission. They all have to live with the consequences. I also noticed that the first go around no one used condoms. Not good. The fact that after they consummated their games in the same room, their relationship fell apart was no surprise. Who wants to constantly look at the others faces and be reminded of their actions? They ALL felt guilty as hell. Yes this was well written. But your solution to their problems was awful. I look forward to new stories from you. But for me, who has lived thru the nightmare of loss, this was a failure. Thanks for the effort.

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Loved it

This story about an unusual relationship that developed out of shared tragic personal events was crafted and resolved in a loving, learning, and very humane way. Panacea is a fit title for this wonderful tale.

Thanks you for sharing your amazing talent and creating this outstanding Five Star experience.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Great story Git'm! I 5ed it. Weird over-talkative demographic. Good job describing and directing them.However, my wife and I lived the miscarriage clinical depression nightmare. And as anony noted, an orgy or swap or other extra monogomous BS wont he

Thanks for a good view into this foreign demographic.

tizwickytizwickyover 5 years ago
Excellent well written and very believable

I Enjoyed the read excellent writing. Lots of elements of real life love, tragedy, being devastated, healing, extramarital emotional distress, strength, and everlasting love and true happiness. It’s all believable and I hope it happens to someone somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sure, why not? You are tasked with telling a positive plausible believable story about wife sharing/swapping.

Makes as much sense as telling a positive plausible believable story about communism, or some other Utopian ideal. The only thing we need to suspend is thousands of years of knowledge and understanding of human nature. Yeah, remove the typical weaknesses and failings of human nature and polyamory community fucking is a lovely pastime. Kind of like a group block party, or marathon. Just some hot sweaty exercise that is fun, pleasurable, but meaningless.

It could be such a healthy harmless diversion, makes you wonder why its almost always sick, and destructive. Until you think about it.

Thanks for the effort. Think nothing of it.

Todd172Todd172over 5 years ago
Light of the Moon

I've said it before, of course, but I will say it again: GitM is the best writer I know. Full Stop. I tell stories, but she has real writing ability, there's a difference.

For those of you that hate her stories but are drawn to read them anyway, that's probably one of the reasons. Love them or hate them, her characters are never one-dimensional, never boring and feel real. She writes complex people in screwed up situations who have to make difficult choices. Sometimes they make good choices, sometimes bad ones, but never boring ones.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
When I first heard about this project...

frankly I thought, oh well, there're a bunch of stories I won't be reading but then I read one, then another one, and another, and another... so far I haven't read one I didn't like, this one included. GIM always writes from the heart. It's what always makes her stories so good.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Wonderful

This is just outrageously good writing. You almost made me believe it could happen.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
You did something

The idea of the first time being like Reggie Jackson jacking 3 dingers against the Dodgers in game 6 of the 78 series was where I thought this was headed. You played a different hand and pulled of a huge coup d etat. This is no "never ending polyamory" yet some pillory you. The shared intamacy was a band aid and when the wounds healed the dressing was pitched. Hubby's head was thoroughly explored. Your dialogue, which typically rates among the best in any story venue may have been overdone. This is a tale of healing and rehab. Because I respect your talent I really look for faults and they are tough to find. Digging deeper, perhaps a lack of spontaneaity was responsible for the ho hum first session. A sterile hotel room and the rules detracted from the comfort and ease of their past interactions. Once again you killed it. Thanks for sharing and for challenging yourself. I am also very much looking forward to your Caged Cocks Cuckold Christmas submission!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written story about sick people!

Your writing is good as always. But my disbelief failed to be suspended. Heather and Jack's marriage is now fucked no matter what you say. You completed your writing assignment as instructed. Good job!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Can tell you were swimming in unfamiliar waters.

I love your writing and this story is no exception.

I do not like this story however.

I almost stopped several times because it was making me nauseous, not do to your writing but because you write well and I cannot see this happening.

You did not sell the swapping and I was riding with Jack due to this being from his view.

I just wanted to pulverize David and I could not fathom him allowing this.

When David gave Jack a pep talk towards the end and grabbed his shoulder, I just saw red and could not imagine not destroying his face.

Great writing and attempt. Turned my stomach but I appreciate the effort.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Good writing

But for me it all just felt wrong, like a hammer was going to fall and it was all going to turn out bad. If the couple hadn’t made love together for six months because of their loss, this sudden need for sharing just seemed forced, another reason why I thought maybe they were being drugged and led down a path of no return. Then when it didn’t turn out bad, in fact turned out good, I felt oddly disappointed, as though I had gone through unnecessary therapy.

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 5 years ago
Could not agree more with Todd172

Your stories are soooooo good. Even when the subject matter is not my cup of tea. Your ability to flesh out characters with nuance so subtle. You make me feel like I know them. That skill is extraordinary.

Todd172 is no slouch, he tells wonderful stories, but there is a difference. It is like comparing Ton Clancy to John Steinbeck. Both enjoyable to read but there is an artistic difference. The only author on this site that I personally put in this league is Dreamcloud . (I am sure I missed one or two) Real literature. Thanks for the story.

ohioohioover 5 years ago
A difficult story to pull off, but

I think you did it beautifully. How could two people in a truly close, loving relationship find themselves falling into a swap with another couple? For me, it's almost impossible to imagine--but this seemed about as plausible as anything I can think of.

And, of course and as always, your writing is sensitive and expressive. Thanks so much for your stories!

ohio

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Difficult

Very difficult subject, and read for me. Losing a child had to be the worst thing ever for parents. That part made this really hard to read for me. Then you throw in the Swinging is Healing, and it just pissed me off. I really think the two women should have had an affair on their own, and let their husbands go to ball games, and such.

Very well written, met the sharing standard set. Five Stars even though I didn'tcare for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Beautiful effort, and the best attempt I have read so far at really addressing the “sharing is caring” theme. I just couldn’t buy the inevitable progression to the swap. The logic blocks just didn’t line up. Maybe it was because the story was from the POV of the character least invested in the swap that I couldn’t get behind the idea. Still, the husband did share the wife out of a sense of healing and loving after a loss.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 5 years ago
Best of show

Agreed this was the best depiction of sharing is caring

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
BS altogether

Regardless of good comments what you have here is a fantasy with bunch of characters that look to me like they came out of Ellen De Generes dresser. Swinging made into a lemonade that is. So much sugar a reader gets a diabetes just by reading it. The reality is that swingers are promiscuous irretrievably hollow people and no amount of candy (aka "caring") can make them look any better. You are describing a fantasy of swinging, not the ugly reality of people that have no commitment to anything else than their own hedonism.

Flat_OutFlat_Outover 5 years ago
Sensitively written . . .

The start of the story was realistic [I've been the husband in the same situation, we didn't do clothes - for us it was Duplo]. I must admit I can't imagine getting into a situation like this one, but . . . . we are all on Literotica for the sex, so . . . . I prefer a more graphic description of the sex act - what ever act that is. GirlInTheMoon concentrated on the feelings associated with this act, that's fair enough, it's her story. All that said, 5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Immorality wrapped in a bow

No matter how much one tries to spin the narrative, they hollowed out their marriage by breaking their vows.

They could have gone to a neutral professional therapist, jointly and severally. But no.

Other options were open but led to fucking other people as a first resort. As soon as a spouse starts bringing it up, even if to feel the waters out, start watching them. Bringing in someone else or more to play, for whatever reason, opens doors that should never be opened.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
And they all sang Kumbaya

'nuff said

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 5 years ago
Interesting

I’ve not experienced the emotional turmoil of a lost pregnancy, or the stress of infertility. I’ve seen the effects of bot on friends and family, but that’s nowhere close to what they experienced. The story is unusual, although the circumstances are fairly common, almost as though the author had first hand experience. It’s well written and seems plausible - I can’t say it was totally enjoyable, though some of that is just me: I would be the guy who got so uncomfortable about the idea of another man with my wife, that the marriage would be irreconcilable. Given the choice of sharing or divorce, I go with divorce.

Oh yeah, this year is our 25th anniversary. I understand about the challenges of marriage, lousy meddlesome in-laws, and the importance of communication. In this story, neither of the primary couple were remotely good communicators. He wouldn’t talk about his issues, and she took to telling a crowd before her husband. Terrible treatment by both, to each other.other

So I’ll say the story is well written and interesting, but not among my favorites.

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Awww group hug

everythings lovely in the world. No problem a bit of wife swapping can't fix..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Isnt true

My wife of 40 years had a multitude of miscarriages. One at 4 months pregnant. We we're modern NYC residents. At no time would we have felt this behavior was useful or acceptable..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Yuck

I really liked this author before this. I loved her realism. But healing through swapping is bull and she ought to know it. Swapping destroys. A really big disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This plot must have seemed like a good idea at the time...

But, really, it's a worn out trope in LW. There are a number of stories in which sex with someone not one's spouse "heals", "saves lives", and other inane bullshit. If you would willingly suspend disbelief for this plot (and the others), you'd probably believe Bubba is about to do something intelligent when he says "Hold mah beer."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So the trick to getting past a miscarriage

is to let your wife be a cheating fuck slut and raise another mans baby as your own?

Naw, I;d rather be alone for the rest of my life than with a cheating cunt

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice fantasy written by one of the best. 5 stars of course.

For those who can't get over their moral anxiety: Why are you here again? Not for stories where sex happens? Too bad, wrong place.

Or do you need warning signs put up at the beginning of each story?

Maybe we should propose a disclaimer:

"This is fantasy. Don't do it at home. May be the wrong recipe to rescue your marriage. May totally enrage your minister / mother / father / in-laws. May make you want to masturbate. May not make you want to masturbate. May make you want to write dumb comments instead, e.g. about realism, immorality, cheating is cheating, marriage vows, damage done to your feelings, not enough sex, too much sex. Please don't read if you are easily offended by anything different from what the bible says. (Don't read the bible; there is talk of sinful sex, too)."

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
The backdrop of the story is strange.

A couple/therapist....use the tragedy of another couple who lose a baby...to seduce them into their own desire.... to fulfill the couple/therapist personal swinging fantasy.

In reality, the death of a child puts incredible pressure on a marriage and that stress many times leads to divorce. That stress was conveyed quite well.

I have no problem with what they did, what I found difficult to believe was that fixed their marriage.

I have mixed feelings about this story. This is a very touching story that feels wrong on so many levels. 5 stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Well written but flawed plot

All of the stories I've read of yours are some of the best at drawing the reader into what the characters are actually experiencing and this one was no exception. However, this topic, one that needs people to really understand and appreciate rings close to home for me. My sister lost a child 2 weeks before her due date and it ultimately unraveled her marriage and she struggles with grief to this day, decades later. A close family friend's daughter lost her baby similar to my sister, but her and her husband rallied around each other, had their first child several months ago and are stronger from the experience. NO WHERE would swinging with similarly grieving parents filled that emotional void. It just doesn't happen, so for that, I gave this 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hey, it´s a story...

mildly interesting, well written. still with the odd unnecessary ´to´.

any baseball references turn me off.

likewise, the american preoccupation with procreation.

i liked the anal sex. just a predilection on my part. not every one of my women enjoy it, but they are generous, for which i am very grateful.

so, three stars.

a favourite author nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

U find this premise disgusting… losing ones unborn child is a traumatic event.. if not healed it has the danger of driving the couple apart…. The worst thing that a couple whose emotional bond is so frayed can do to further damage it is to engage in emotional or sexual trysts with others! No this story really sucks!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 3 years ago

Creative plot, well written. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incredible writing. You are one of the best! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yeah, not buying the whole swinging with other as a means to get over the emotional loss of a child. I certainly don't see how it would help build or repair the bond between a couple. On the contrary, just seems selfish and self destructive. If you have to turn to sex with others as a means to repair a relationship then your relationship is not worth saving. Just seems to cheapen and make the whole experience of loss and grieving meaningless and trite if not down right sacrilegious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"So the trick to getting past a miscarriage is to let your wife be a cheating fuck slut and raise another mans baby as your own? Naw, I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with a cheating cunt..."

Let me guess: you're alone.

It wasn't cheating. The husband agreed to it and participated in it. I mean, I understand, you don't like cheating. But don't use every story--even ones that don't actually involve cheating--to tell us that you're alone.

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

These characters are unfit to be parents. So annoying that this website is filled with this sort of writing.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 years ago

Wow. This was excellent!

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungeralmost 2 years ago

Very well written story on a difficult subject or loss and recovering from it. Congratulations on a job well done. Ignore the small minds.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

And they all lived happily ever after, exactly as all thos pushing the sharing cucking agenda would have you believe. But somehow the numbers always come back in the negative. Folks in swinging tend to think a four year marriage is a long time, goo listen to the pod casts , it is easy to confirm. Men that get involved can never ever win, they are just so stupid as escalation will always put the man down and at a huge disadvantage. It is a certainty.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

interesting but too long or "talkie" for me. wonder who fathered the baby, LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The characters' motivations in this story are quite certainly the worst, most implausible I've ever read in LW. I guess that's an achievement of sorts. Losing a baby is a tragedy indeed, but swapping wives has probably NEVER been tried as the antidote to bereavement.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for Thais ohne. Exzellent writing. Please keep on!

joeoggijoeoggi7 months ago

Wow. Re@lly good. The writing is incredible.

HighBrowHighBrow5 months ago

Well I regret it, and I wasn’t even there!

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah28 days ago

I understand the attraction to trying this lifestyle but I’m not brave enough to do so. I believe that the Law of Unintended Consequences never takes a day off and once the red dog gets his nose in the wind, I have a hard time calling him off.

This author did a fine job constructing a scenario ideal for the couples to experience sharing and cleverly plotted to minimize disastrous fallout. The natures of the characters also helped. Heather was a temptress: ‘Here, Jack, just one bite of this apple’ (sparkly eyes, big smile) and Jack was a horn-dog, looking at Kristen and popping wood like a clown blowing balloons for animal figures. I still felt they dodged a bullet.

The style was smooth and tight, as is this author’s standard. I did catch one sentence ending with a preposition; a slight wobble during the routine. You still stuck the landing. Blame the coach/editor and hit the showers.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon26 days ago

Get a DNA test, fella.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Thank you. I am speechless and crying and I don't know: something more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***