The Fool on the Hill

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know what you are saying, Tom," she moaned. "Why the riddles?"

"I am saying that if I were going to be unfaithful to you, I would do it in such a manner as to not arouse any suspicion. My actions are far too obvious to be those of a person having an affair," I assured Kate. "I would be very normal and asking you why you were behaving differently, to put you on the defensive and deflect any suspicion that might be directed my way."

It was too dark to be certain, but it seemed that Kate turned pale at my remark. She began to sob in the chair. I closed the door behind me.

Work was going great. I had been so sick about my marriage that I refused to worry about my job. I just made the obvious decisions and didn't worry about how the others liked me. It was strange that the infidelity of Kate's made work simple and less stressful.

That night when I got home, Kendra, Kate's sister, was at the house. I looked around for Kate, but Kendra told me she had gone to visit their ailing mother and had asked Kendra to make dinner for me. I wondered if Kate was seeing that guy again, but realized Kate would not dare get Kendra to cover for her. Kendra was an MD and it seemed odd she would bother to make dinner for me.

"How is the psychiatry going these days, Kendra? I asked. "Are you glad you finally settled on a field?" I asked.

"That is for certain, Tom. Now if I could settle on a man!" she laughed.

Kendra was 37 and divorced for a few years. Her husband had taken up with a nurse while she was working late hours. When she discovered it, She tossed him out.

"Well your cooking should help," I told her as I sat at the table. Everything smells great! The way to a man's heart."

That was when I noticed that Kendra wasn't wearing a bra. Her ample breasts were very apparent through the tight tank top she had on. I had never realized how big Kate's little sister's tits were.

"That shirt could be an even better short cut," I suggested. "I haven't ever seen a doctor that looked that good in a tank top!"

Kendra smiles as she brought the food to the table.

"Thanks, Tom. It is sweet of you to notice and to not be crude as you compliment me. I appreciate that," she added.

I was quick to respond, "And I appreciate the delicious dinner with such a sexy cook. This is great!"

With that we ate and chatted for an hour. I helped Kendra clean up the dishes and offered her some wine.

"I'll have a little," she said. "Remember, I have to drive an hour home."

"I am sure Kate would love to have you stay," I told her. "Did she say what time she would be home?"

"Just that it would be late. She invited me to stay, but I have to work pretty early, so I will go home tonight," replied Kendra.

We chatted for a while. I enjoyed Kendra's company. For a shrink, she was a regular person. I offered her a second glass and she accepted. Suddenly, she reached down and pulled her shirt over her head, exposing a set of perfect tits, with large, hard nipples. I just stared. I felt my cock grow as I gazed at Kendra's body.

She came over and sat in my lap. I had no idea what she was doing or why.

"Do you like my tits, Tom?" she asked. "Would you like to kiss them?

I was in complete shock. I had a beautiful woman; even if was my wife's sister, sitting topless in my lap. I knew she had to feel my cock poking her ass. I simply nodded in answer to her question. Kendra took her tits in her hands and brought them to my mouth. I began to kiss and suck on her nipples with great gusto. It was a dream come true.

"I feel how hard you cock is, Tom. Do you want to make love to me?" she asked.

"There is nothing that would be sweeter, Kendra. You are beautiful and desirable as all hell, but I will not do that. I am married to your sister and I would be the worse prick on the planet to that to either of you," I told her. "You really should put your shirt on while I am still thinking clearly."

Kendra reached down and squeezed my rampant erection. I had not had any sexual relief for a long time and with her topless and squeezing my cock, I came in my pants.

"Wow, you were turned on, weren't you?" Kendra whispered. "I want you to know that I respect you and think more of you than you can imagine. Sis is very lucky to have a man like you."

The mention of her sister must have caused my face to change. Kendra picked up on it immediately as she pulled her shirt back on.

"What is wrong between you two, Tom?" she questioned. "Let me confess that Kate and I planned this little seduction tonight. She told me that either sex made you ill, or she made you ill. I have seen enough to know that sex is no problem for you. I was just going to tease you enough to see if you had to run to the bathroom and vomit."

I sat in total shock at Kendra's revelation. Of course! It all made sense. I should have known something was up, and I was the sucker.

"I guess you will be able to laugh at me for years now," I groaned. "I should have known a woman like you would never fall for a guy like me. I was caught up in a fantasy. Now I have played the fool."

"You are so wrong, Tom. Your conduct was so male, but so honorable! I am the one that behaved badly and I feel guilty. It was a bad idea and I certainly should know have known better," Kendra apologized. "It was just that Kate was so worried about you, and your relationship. I have always admired your marriage and devotion to each other. I have never seen two people so much in love, even after many years together. You have raised two great kids and are so lucky!"

"Kendra, there is a very real problem, but I dare not tell you. I understand your loyalty to your sister and love you for it, but I must steer a very careful course. I have to think about how to proceed," I confided.

"Wow, Kate was right, wasn't she?" Kendra asked. "Intimacy with her makes you ill. Tom, I am an expert remember? I know what would cause that reaction from you. You needn't tell me any more. I just might have to bitch-slap big sister."

"Kendra, I can't even think straight any more, except you do have a wonderful set of tits. I am going to bed now, if you don't mind," I told her. "Please let yourself out. Goodnight."

"Poor Tom! I'll make this work out, I promise. Just keep loving Kate," she pleaded.

I was awakened some time later when Kate came to bed. She remained on her side of the bed and I fell back to sleep.

"You will be at the affair and you will bring your wife," stated Henry. "There are no excuses and no options. I will be formally announcing your promotion and you can be modest if it suits you, but you will be there, understood?"

I nodded my assent and began to stew over this new problem. I had to attend the party and Kate was expected to go with me. If she did not, all kinds of rumors would spread, and I was still unwilling to accept the end of my marriage.

"Kate, we are expected, or required really, to be at the company spring dinner Saturday evening," I began. "Henry told me there was no dodging it."

"Okay, but why would you want to miss it and why would Henry Mackin care if you did?" asked Kate. "Why is it so important all of a sudden?"

"He is going to announce that I have been promoted to an upper management position," I explained. "He expects us to be there for the announcement."

"Tom! Sweetheart! That is wonderful news!" cried Kate. "Why would you even think about not going? I will be proud to be at your side, darling. You deserve the promotion for how hard you have worked for the company."

"I was just worried about all the fuss and how everything will go," I replied. "I guess it is just nerves."

"Maybe the stress from worrying about the promotion has been your problem," Kate suggested.

She was truly happy about this turn of events, but I was in knots. There were too many unknowns to suit me. I didn't know everyone at the company, or what they would tell Kate. I steeled myself for the night.

"I have to say, Kate, that Tom took the bull by the horns the very day I told him he was being promoted and placed in charge of several important accounts," chuckled Henry Mackin.

We were seated next to Henry and his wife at the dinner party the company held every spring. Kate was beautiful in a simple black dress that showed her assets off. I was trying to keep Kate from mingling too much. I made sure we were almost late and arrived just in time to be seated. The cocktail hour was a problem I had avoided. I was beginning to think I might make it through the whole affair with no problems. Then Henry decided to chat with Kate as we dined!

"I'll not soon forget that Wednesday afternoon. It was the first of the month and I invited Tom to dinner with me at the Sheridan. He had no idea who all would be at the hotel that day, did you, Tom?" asked Henry.

I just shook my head in response. Kate seemed suddenly uneasy as Henry went on.

"I told Tom about his promotion and who would be on his team. Stop me if Tom already told you this story, Kate," Henry offered.

Kate just shook her head and sat very still.

"Tom gets up and heads out to the bathroom in the lobby. He is gone for quite a while and comes back all pale and agitated looking. I was wondering if he had gotten some bad seafood or something," droned Henry. "It turns out he must have been stewing over one of the people we put on his team, because when he finally returned, he point blank told me that this guy named Howard was not going to work for him. He gave me some very good reasons and it has all worked out great. He has been doing the job for several weeks now and the results have been very favorable.

"Are you feeling alright, Kate?" asked Henry. "You look a bit pale. Do I have this affect on the whole family?"

Kate was very pale and agitated. I actually felt badly for her, but that is the price you pay for lies and cheating. It would be even more common without the pain and suffering it creates, wouldn't it. Kate excused herself and went to the ladies room. When she returned she seemed to be feeling better and made an effort to smile to everyone that congratulated us.

"You are Tom's wife?" asked Steve Whiting. "Did he tell you how he physically tossed Howard out of our work room? We were lucky to get out of the way before Howard went flying past. Then he picked his ass off the floor and lurched down the hall! Tom became an urban legend that day!"

Kate looked at me as Steve filled her in. It was as if she was seeing me for the first time. I guess the story surprised her.

"It is obvious that Tom isn't a guy to mess around with," added Steve. "He seems so calm and quiet, but when he is pissed, he is a dangerous dude!"

I thanked Steve for sharing that story and moved on. Now I was concerned that Kate would worry that I would kill her in her sleep. I had hoped to keep that story from her. It was after eleven when we left for home.

As I drove, Kate turned to me and asked, "Tom, why have you been keeping so much from me? You have been promoted for several weeks and you had a bit of an altercation with another man at work, yet you never told me. You used to share everything with me. Why has that changed?"

"Kate, I believe it is a two-way street. I have to believe you have not been sharing everything with me. My hesitation is a natural extension of your unwillingness to talk to me," I reasoned.

"You have suggested before that I have things to tell you. Why do you think that? I tell you everything of interest that happens at my work," she insisted.

"Then I have to say that I am just starting to define 'things of interest at work' the same way you do," I answered.

"Kendra told me that you don't get sick around her," Kate changed the subject. "She said you were hot to trot when she came on to you. That indicates that I actually make you sick. Kendra told me there must be something that you associate with me that triggers it. Why don't you tell me what that is?"

I just looked at Kate, my wife, lover, friend, and partner for so many years and felt as bad as I ever have. I wondered to myself if I would ever get over her infidelity. Was our marriage beyond repair? Did she even care? Did I care anymore?

"Do you want a divorce, Kate?" I asked.

She looked shocked and gave a gasp. Apparently it wasn't what she had been hoping to hear me say.

"Why would you ever ask me that, Tom?" she cried. "Are you seeing someone else?"

Women! She fucks some guy in a hotel and then asks me if I am having an affair. We were almost home and I was looking forward to ending the conversation. In the car I felt confined and forced to respond to Kate's questions.

"I have told you before, I am completely faithful, unless you count Kendra showing me her tits and squeezing my cock and making me cum in my pants," I replied. "I asked you if you wanted a divorce. Maybe you want to pursue other relationships. You are not very happy with the one we've had the past year or so."

"Past year?" Kate repeated. "We have only had trouble for the past month or so. Why give up so easy?"

"Kate, you have not been satisfied with me for longer than that," I told her. "You may as well admit it. You are not satisfied with me and you might want greener pastures."

Kate was staring at me as I spoke. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"That is just not true," she asserted. "I have always felt you were a good father, husband, and provider!"

"Just not much in the old sack, though?" I questioned.

"Where is this coming from, Tom?" Kate demanded. "Have I ever complained? No, I haven't"

We were pulling in the drive as she spoke. I parked the car, opened the door, and formed my reply.

"Kate, sleeping with someone else is tantamount to an extreme criticism of a man's sexual abilities," I calmly answered. "Ask any man if being a cuckold increases his confidence in his talents in bed!"

Kate burst into tears as I stepped out of the car and strode into the house. I went straight to the guestroom, locked the door, and went to bed.

I didn't sleep for a long time. I had finally spilled the beans and now Kate would decide what she wanted to do. It was very possible she would want a divorce now, and I decided I didn't care. The thing was; if I didn't care, why was I so sad?

I got up around 7 and decided to have some coffee and wait for Kate to wake up. We had to decide our next step. When I stepped from the bedroom I saw Kate sitting in a chair, facing the bedroom door. She stood as soon as I came out.

"Kendra!" she called. "Wake up!"

I heard a groan from the sofa and saw Kendra sitting up. It was obvious she had been sleeping there. I tried to clear my head and understand what I was seeing.

"Tom, I called Kendra last night after you went to bed and told her the whole story. I hoped she would have a simple cure, a pill or something that would make everything better. She kept falling back on the truth as the only possible remedy. I resisted that treatment for a long time already, but I am going to try it now," Kate rasped. "I ask that you listen to it before you decide what you want to do."

"I am only here to help two people I love very much, Tom," added Kendra. "I want to give my professional service and personal help. Please listen to Kate!"

I sat down on the end of the sofa and waited.

"I know now why I made you sick all the time. You must have seen us at the Sheridan that day. Ever since that day, you vomit if I get too close, and I understand why," added Kate. "Tom, I betrayed you, your love and your trust. I did sleep with Harold Wright that day."

Even though I already knew it, Kate's admission hit me like a hammer. Before she could continue, I jumped to my feet and rushed into the bathroom. It had been hours since I had eaten, but I did my best to remove any traces. It took a few minutes, but I cleaned up and returned to the living room.

Kendra was holding Kate to her as she cried, almost hysterically. Tears were running down her cheeks and I felt a need to comfort her as I had when her father died and she cried so. The problem was, I couldn't hold her without getting sick. I sat back down and waited. Gradually Kate calmed down, blew her nose and resumed her explanation.

"I am so sorry, Tom. The air did quit that day, but before noon. We were told to go home, so a bunch of us went to the Sheridan for their cheap Monday buffet. Since we didn't have to go back to work, we had few drinks. Before long everyone was gone but Harold and me. Somehow he convinced me we should get a room and, well.. try some 'afternoon delight' as he called it."

Kate sobbed as she continued, "The truth was there was no delight. He used me and finished in a few minutes. I was starting to sober up and he wanted to try it again. I refused and got dressed. He acted like he owned me and I was almost as sick as I have made you. He escorted me down the elevator and even kissed me by the bar. I think he did that to let anyone watching know that he had fucked me. We went into the bar, but I was so upset and ashamed I told him I had to go home. He went out and put me in a cab to go back to work to get my car."

"You were there that day, receiving a wonderful promotion and found me slipping out of a hotel room like a whore," she wailed. "It should have been perfect for you, but I ruined that, too. When I got home, I decided to make amends and be the best wife you could ever want. That cheered me up when I decided that, but you were so grim that day. Now I know why. Still I tried to show you I loved you, but you got ill. I wondered if you sensed him on me and I had nightmares about you smelling his scent on me and throwing me out."

Her eyes were dry and she was looking directly into my eyes as she went on, "I have not made any contact with Harold since that day and he has been gentleman enough to leave me alone. It may be difficult to believe, but I love you, Tom, and only you. I will understand if you want to divorce me, but I pray that you can forgive me. Kendra has all but kicked my ass. She told me what I already know. I could never find a better friend or lover and I am the world's worse jackass!"

"Kate, that fucker, Harold, is not a gentleman," I explained. "I told him I would pretty much kill him and his family if he ever came near you again!"

Kendra and Kate both dropped their jaws at my revelation. It was obvious that Harold had taken my threat seriously.

"Do you understand how I feel about you, Kate? I physically threatened a man that outweighed me by 30 pounds, had four inches on me, and was more than a few years younger than I in the lobby of a downtown hotel. I was more than willing to fight him till one of us was out cold or dead!"

I searched for the right words and went on, "I would give you my life if necessary, but I will not give you to another man. You have only to ask and you will be rid of me, but as long as you are my wife, no other man will have you, ever! Can you live with that?"

Kendra began to blubber and Kate stood up and held her hand out to me. I stepped to her and held her close. She sobbed uncontrollably into my chest. My stomach began to churn. If I hadn't just purged it, I knew would be headed for the bathroom.

"I cannot stop my stomach from getting upset, Kate," I admitted. "I would be in the bathroom now if I hadn't just been there. I don't know what to do. I still love you, but I can't be close to you."

Kendra stopped blubbering long enough to offer her services. "I'll come over every evening and work with you guys. As long as you want to get over this, I will help.

It was two evenings later that Kendra stopped in.

"What I propose is not text book, but I spoke to Kate and she is willing to try it. Will you trust me, Tom?" she asked.

"I do trust you completely," I answered. "I just want to get back to normal and not just be able to be close to my wife but to be able to make love to her."