Serpent's Trail

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Give you some privacy," Precious said softly, then kissed him.

"Love you," Mike said.

"That's your daughter, Michael. Above all, she is your daughter; she's a part of you," Precious counselled, then stepped out of the bedroom.

"Hello?" a girl's voice answered, sounding guarded.

Mike's guts, which had already been quite twisted, suddenly spasmed. He almost ended the call.

"Hey, uh, hi, this is your dad," Mike said.

"Who?" Michelle said. "Oh! Dad?"

"Uh yeah. Uh, listen, I'm in town. Planning on taking Presh... Planning on taking my wife and kids to Benny's Burger Bar; they've heard all about 'There's a thousand ways fix your burger' and so we're going there, about six. Would love see you there," Mike said.

"Yeah, sure," Michelle said, voice a sneer. "Like I got a thousand of these dumb ass gift cards use."

"Great," Mike said and ended the call.

Precious looked up from the video game Bertrand and Russell were playing when Mike entered the room. She tilted her head to one side at the scowl he wore.

"Benny's Burger Bar, six o'clock," Mike said.

"And...?" Precious asked softly.

"And sounded like a snotty little bitch, just like she was at thirteen," Mike spat.

"You know? Whenever I expect get the red ass? I'm rarely disappointed," Precious said. "My second graders? Some are just the sweetest kids. And some of them? I swear to God. But when I just get rid of all expectations? It usually goes a lot better."

"Don't know why I let you talk me into this," Mike said and smiled as Bertrand managed to find the pot of gold.

"Because I promised you my hiney you did," Precious whispered into his ear.

"Hmm, there is that," Mike agreed.

"But not here," Precious giggled when Mike reached around her slim waist and began to fondle her buttocks.

At six o'clock on the dot, Mike herded Audrey and Russell into the restaurant. Precious and Bertrand were just behind; Bertrand had seen a Porsche 911 and wanted to get a closer look at the gleaming black automobile.

Looking around, Mike felt a wave of disappointment, then a wave of anger. There was no sign of Michelle.

"She here?" Precious whispered, taking Mike's hand.

"Nope," Mike said bluntly.

"Maybe she's stuck in traffic," Precious suggested.

"Sweetheart, did you see any traffic out there?" Mike asked, voice harsh. "Raquel Falls has to ship traffic in if they want traffic jams."

"So, how we do this?" Precious asked, helping Mike guide the three children to the counter.

"All right. First, you order your burger. You want a quarter pound? A half-pound? A twenty pound?" Mike said.

"A twenty pound?" Audrey asked.

"Daddy's full a bulling us. It's a one pound," Precious giggled.

"Then, you want bacon? Cheese? Bacon and cheese? No bacon, no cheese?" Mike continued.

"How about half bacon, half cheese?" Russell asked.

"Uh huh, now you're getting the idea," Mike encouraged. "Then, when that slab of one hundred percent beef goodness comes out? You walk on over to the bar. And, that is where the magic begins. There's over forty different things you can put on that burger.

"Boogers?" Bertrand asked.

"Bertrand," Precious said, lips tight in disapproval.

"No, those? Got to bring your own," Mike said. "But there's blue cheese, there's salsa, there's jalapenos, there's onion straws ..."

"Sounds like you been here before," the girl behind the counter smiled.

"Been a while; used be my favorite place," Mike admitted.

Michelle showed up nearly twenty minutes late. She nodded in acknowledgement that she'd seen Mike, then dawdled over ordering, then fixing her burger.

"Hi," she snapped, slapping her tray down.

"You're what? About five months along?" Mike smiled, looking at the paunch.

"Uh huh," Michelle said and stuffed a mouthful of burger.

"I'm two months along," Precious said, trying to establish a connection with the surly girl.

"That's nice," Michelle said. "So, Dad, come on. You wanted this meeting. Let's go."

"Mother says you're getting married this Saturday," Mike said, fighting hard against slapping his impertinent daughter across her sullen face.

"Yeah. Heard you said 'who cares' too," Michelle agreed.

"Anyway, came to see you get married. Wanted you meet your brothers and your sister," Mike said.

"Uh huh, fine," Michelle said, taking a big gulp of soda.

"I'm Precious," Precious offered.

"I'm sure you are," Michelle smirked.

"That is her name," Mike said, teeth clenched. "Precious Morrison. This little cutie here is Audrey..."

"I'm four," Audrey announced.

"And the big guy there is Bertrand, and the big guy next to him is Russell," Mike said. "Guys? This is your big sister Michelle."

"Hi," Bertrand said.

"I'm four," Audrey said again.

"Hi," Russell said.

"So. Just thought you'd come back and I'd be all like 'oh, hi! So great see you again! Don't worry about shitting all over me,' huh?" Michelle snarled.

"No. Thought you'd be all like 'hey, sorry I was a selfish, self-centered, stuck up little bitch thought my shit didn't stink, acted like spending a few minutes with my dad who busted his ass for me was a real imposition but I've done a little growing up since then,' but I guess we're both sorely disappointed, huh?" Mike spat.

"Daddy said 'shit,'" Audrey whispered to her mother.

"I know; I heard him," Precious said.

Precious pinched Audrey's nose.

"And, uh, heard you say it too, just a minute ago," Precious admonished.

"Nuh uh!" Audrey denied. "I was just telling on Daddy!"

"Well, don't bother, 'Daddy,'" Michelle spat, shoving her tray, causing her drink to spill. "Don't bother coming to my wedding. I don't want you there."

"No problem," Mike shrugged, grabbing the tray before the soda spilled onto any of his children.

"We'll drop your present off at your mother's house," Precious offered as Michelle stomped out of the restaurant.

"Whatever, bitch," Michelle sneered and shoved the door open.

"Um! She said..." Audrey started.

"And you say it and you'll get a spanking, hear?" Precious warned.

"So, what did y'all think of Benny's Burger Bar?" Precious asked as the five of them left the restaurant.

"Next time? I'm going put a whole lot more pickles on mine," Bertrand enthused.

"And barbeque sauce!" Russell agreed.

Mike smiled at their enthusiasm. He and Precious smiled over the roof of Lyle's daughter's mini-van as they slid the doors open.

After dropping Precious and children off at Scooter's for ice cream, Mike drove to the address Barbara Trenton, his attorney had provided. He checked the address again when he pulled up to the dilapidated apartment complex.

"Yo, yo, yo, can't be parking there. That's my boy's spot, know what I'm saying?" a boy, probably fifteen or sixteen years old said.

"Sign says 'Visitors' telling me your boy's name is Visitors?" Mike snapped, taking the wrapped package off of the passenger seat.

"Now, if you was to let me hold five," the boy suggested.

"Ain't going happen, and pull your pants up, kid," Mike said.

Mike kept an eye on Lizzy's mini-van as he knocked on Rhonda's door. He winced; it sounded like his fist was about to go through the door.

"What? Who's there, huh?" Rhonda's voice sounded harsh. What you want?"

"It's Mike," Mike called out, still watching the van. "Here to drop off Michelle's wedding present."

"Yeah, heard meeting went great," Rhonda smirked, yanking open the door. "Uh, where's Barbie?"

"Who?" Mike asked, thrusting the package at Rhonda.

"Your little Texas wife," Rhonda sneered.

"Aw, go fuck yourself, miserable cunt," Mike spat. "Thought you'd trade up, but Just can't stand it that I did too, huh?"

Rhonda grabbed the package.

"By the way, great trade. Think I'll keep mine though," Mike smiled and turned.

Mike paid no attention to the screaming tirade behind him. He marched down the stairs and opened the door of the van.

"Hey, kept an eye on the wheels for you; 'bout a dollar, huh?" the boy wheedled.

"Kid, pull your pants up. Any idea how ignorant you look?" Mike snarled and slammed the door of the van shut.

The kid gave Mike the finger. Mike revved the engine and put the van in forward. He laughed when the kid, eyes wide with fright attempted to run backward and wound up falling flat on his ass.

Mike put the van into reverse and sent Precious a text message that he was on his way to Scooter's.

"Daddy, got you a double dipped, double chocolate," Precious said when Mike entered Scooter's.

"Got you a big old sloppy kiss," Mike said and kissed Precious, making plenty of noise.

"Michael, quit!" Precious giggled as their children laughed.

Mike's meeting with Mickey fared slightly better than his meeting with Michelle. Just as he had been when he was ten, the seventeen year old was sullen, uncommunicative. He wouldn't even look up from the table in the small cinderblock room when Mike attempted conversation.

"Oh, and uh, thanks for them fucked up Benny's Burger Bar gift cards," Mickey finally sneered.

"Welcome," Mike said easily.

"Uh, tend dollars don't buy shit in Benny's," Mickey said.

"I know. Quarter pound and fries with a drink's at least fourteen," Mike smiled.

"Then why the fuck you only sent a ten dollar gift card?" Mickey asked, voice rising in anger.

"So you'd have to stick your selfish little hand into your own God damned pocket, actually put out a little," Mike smiled.

"Huh?" Mickey asked.

"Anyway, good luck; trial's next Thursday?" Mike said, getting to his feet.

"Why'd you even come here?" Mickey demanded.

"Honestly? Wanted see if there was any of that kid left," Mike admitted. "Saw your sister. There's nothing left there. There's nothing of the little tree in her First Grade play. Supposed be a tree, but kept looking over at me and smiling and waving at me."

"What? What's a tree got to do with..." Mickey screamed.

"And was hoping there'd be some of that little buddy went fishing with. Remember when you caught that rainbow trout. Damn! That was a fish!" Mike said.

"Six and a half pounds," Mickey said quietly.

"Yep. And first thing out your mother's mouth? I ain't cleaning that thing," Mike said as the deputy unlocked the door. "But boy did she eat the hell out of them filets, huh?"

"Hey. How'd you get all them filets out of that fish?" Mickey suddenly asked.

"Ran down to Neidermeyer's, bought three more trout," Mike chuckled and stepped out into the hall.

"Dad? Dad?" Mickey cried out as the heavy door slammed shut.

UNDER A DARK, COOL ROCK

Precious was true to her word. Mike had made an attempt at reconnecting with his kids. He had even spoken with Barbara Trenton about assisting Mickey. The harsh faced woman pursed her lips and charged Mike three thousand dollars, but did represent Michael Arthur Morrison, Jr. in his trial.

Precious lay on her belly on the padded foam ramp Mike had bought on the Internet. She grunted, then let out a light squeal when Mike traced a slimy finger around her anus. Then she grunted a little louder when he pressed his middle finger against the tightly clenched orifice.

"Mmph!" she grunted when the tip of his finger entered her rectum.

Mike let her get used to his finger before thrusting into her a little deeper. Again, he paused to let her get used to the intrusion. Then he twisted the finger around before pulling partially out of her back door.

"Mmph!" Precious grunted again when Mike pushed the finger back in.

"Kind of, kind of like this," Precious murmured when Mike pushed his index finger in to join his middle finger.

"Yeah?" Mike chuckled as he slowly thrust in and out of her tight hole.

"Uh huh," she moaned low.

When Mike pushed his ring finger in with his index and middle finger, Precious had her first anal orgasm. She was pushing back to meet his forward thrusts, mewling continuously as he fingered her hole.

"Mmph!" she grunted when Mike pushed the head of his greasy cock into her anus.

"Mmmmmph!" she screamed in her throat when Mike had all of his cock in her back door.

She quickly grabbed her pillow and held it against her face when Mike began to pull his slimy cock out. The moment he pushed back into her, Precious screamed into the pillow.

Her orgasm shook her violently. Mike actually had to stop, had to hold onto her hips as she bucked and grunted.

"Why you didn't make me do this before?" Precious yelled at him when her orgasm finally subsided.

"Uh, wedding night?" Mike asked, laughing.

Precious had not been a virgin on their wedding night. She'd had Barry, and one other boy. But their wedding night was the first time Mike had seen his bride nude; they'd not done more than kiss and fondle until their marriage.

Her breasts were quite large, 34DD, with areolae the size of silver dollars, nipples as fat as a lady's thumb. They sagged slightly under their own weight. Her belly, Mike knew, was a slim, nearly concave belly, with a slit of a navel. Her hips were narrow, bony, her buttocks compact. Her thatch of blonde pubic hair had no curl and was soft to the touch.

At first, Precious balked at oral sex. Mike insisted on performing the 'unnatural act' on Precious, though. Within five minutes, Precious was hunching her pussy against Mike's face, pulling on his hair and demanding that he eat her.

After that, Mike had no trouble persuading Precious to take his manhood into her mouth. She never would become a fan of the act of swallowing his seed, but she did perform the act on a regular basis.

But anal sex, Precious staunchly decried she would never, ever consent to such a perverted act. She did not even like for Mike to touch her there.

"Yeah, well," Precious now giggled, rocking backward to get more of his cock into her.

After Mike ejaculated into her rectum, she ordered him to go clean his 'Mr. Mike.' When he returned to the bedroom, Precious sucked him into her mouth, sucked him to full hardness, then flopped onto the ramp again.

"Again," she ordered. "Give it to me again."

Through Barbara Trenton, Mike heard that Mickey had been sentenced to two years. Because the sentence was longer than one year, he would have to serve his time in a Colorado State Penitentiary, but Barbara had managed to get Mickey assigned to Five Tribes, a medium security penitentiary.

A few months after that news, Mike heard that he was a grandfather. Michelle Schrinton had given birth to Louise Charlotte Schrinton, a three pound two ounce cutie.

"Three pounds?" Precious asked. "Michael, that's not right."

And, through Barbara, Mike heard that his granddaughter had not lived to see her one week anniversary. The tears Mike shed were heartfelt as he penned a letter of condolence to his daughter and her estranged husband, Allen Charles Schrinton.

On the first Tuesday of the month, three weeks before Precious was to give birth to Olivia Nicole Morrison, Mike was standing, with a throng of others, on the courthouse steps of Oakleaf County Courthouse, bidding on seized and foreclosed properties. The day was especially hot for the first Tuesday in March; Mike did not envy the auctioneer as the man stood in suit and tie.

"And now up is four seventeen Acorn Drive, Great Oak. That's four one seven, Acorn Drive, Great Oak, Texas," the man called out.

"No kidding? Not Great Oak, Oklahoma?" a man said sarcastically.

"And the court recognizes that Mr. Robert Wurtzen has just put in a bid of what? One million? Two million?" the auctioneer teased.

"Withdrawn!" Bobby called out.

"That's not funny!" a small man screamed. "That's my fucking house! Not some God damned joke!"

Thus saying, the man charged at the auctioneer. He was flailing with a knife.

A guard tackled the enraged man. The small man tumbled forward.

Mike, who was standing three feet away from the auctioneer, did not feel the knife as it plunged into his neck. He felt the warmth as something seeped into his lightweight cotton shirt. Mike tried to staunch the spurts of blood.

Mike collapsed onto the marble steps of the courthouse. He did not hear the yells, the cries of the men and one woman around him.

His eyes focused on the Texas sun, just beginning to reach overhead. He stared directly into the sun. Mike knew the sun should be searing his eyes, should be a blinding light. But it was not.

"My Daddy's in heaven," Audrey announced when Rhonda and Michelle entered the funeral home.

"I'm sure he is," Michelle sobbed, heartbroken.

Michelle's sobs turned into screams when she saw her father's body lying in the casket. Rhonda's own silent tears turned into low moans of pain.

Reverend Brandon Wright performed a quiet, sober ceremony. He urged the congregation to remember Michael Arthur Morrison as he had been in life. A man who loved God, who loved his family, who loved Texas.

"If anyone would like to come up? Say a few words about our friend? Our neighbor? Our brother?" Brandon asked quietly.

Before Precious, or Carmen, their housekeeper could stop her, Audrey was bounding up the steps.

"Don't cry," Audrey announced in a clear, strong voice. "Everybody? Don't cry. My Daddy's in heaven. And he wants you to know, he loves you."

With that, Audrey bounded down the steps again and sat down next to her mother. She reached over and took Precious's hand.

Some of the men that had worked on homes with Mike did speak of a good, honest, and fair boss. A few did mention that Mike was a good, hard worker, but when it was time to call it a day, he was quick to call it a day.

"He uh, he was always in a hurry to get home," more than one man said.

The procession to Great Hope Cemetery was a long one. Under a broiling Texas sun, Mike was laid to rest. Precious put a small hand onto the smooth wood of his simple casket, mouthed 'I love you, Michael' and took the hands of Audrey and Bertrand. Carmen reached for the hand of Russell, but he abruptly turned and took his big sister's hand and solemnly walked toward the limousine with Michelle. Silently, the two followed his mother and their brother and sister.

"Tell me about my dad," Russell asked when the door of the limousine closed.

Theresa White, Mike's attorney did the reading of the will three days after the funeral. The will was fairly straightforward; all properties, all monies were to go to Precious, Michael Arthur Morrison, Senior's wife. Mike had already set up trusts for Russel, Bertrand, Audrey, and Olivia. The four trusts had started at two hundred and fifty thousand apiece; Precious was to be the trustee of those funds until the children graduated from college, or turned twenty five, whichever should come first.

The only exception was the one hundred thousand dollars life insurance policy Mike had taken out when Michelle had been born and the one hundred thousand dollar life insurance policy he had taken out when Mickey had been born. Michelle and Mickey were the beneficiaries of those policies.

Upon hearing about Michelle's windfall, Allen Schrinton did attempt a reconciliation with Michelle. When Michelle refused that, he tried to sue her for half of the one hundred thousand dollars.

Since Allen had been the one to file for divorce, and the petition had been filed prior to her father's passing, Allen would receive nothing.

Michelle put half of the money down on a two bedroom bungalow, and after some soul searching, did invite her mother to come live with her. The two women were at each other's throats from the moment Rhonda stepped through the front door with her meager box of belongings.

Upon his release from Five Tribes, Mickey spent one thousand of his inheritance on an escort and two thousand on some heroin. Rhonda used part of the remaining money from Mickey's inheritance to bury Michael A. Morrison, Jr. in a plot next to his father in Great Hope Cemetery.

Alone in the cemetery, Rhonda stood and looked at the two grave markers. Then she shook her head sadly. Her son, and her husband were now lying, hundreds of miles from home. She had not killed them, but Rhonda knew, she had pushed them both away because of her selfishness, her desire for more.