Divorce Lawyer Pt. 01

Story Info
The adventures of a divorce lawyer - Part 1
13.5k words
4.59
45.2k
93

Part 1 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/02/2024
Created 05/17/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Author's Note: This is erotic fantasy. It involves sexual situations between consenting adults, all of whom are over 18 years of age. Since it is fantasy and it's my fantasy, I presume a world free of STDs. Comments are always appreciated. This is a 17-part story. The individual parts are not free standing, just continuations of the story.

DIVORCE LAWYER

"Well, you've done it, just like you always said you would," Grant Studder said to his daughter Penny when she joined him and her mother after receiving her graduation certificate at her law school graduation ceremony.

"I'm so proud of you, Penny," Helen Studder said, hugging her daughter, who at 5'10" was a couple of inches taller, but other than that, anyone could be forgiven for thinking that they were twins with their wavy red hair and emerald eyes set above slightly upturned noses and mouths that seemed to be permanently smiling, with the corners turned up on freckled faces.

At 6'5", Grant was a walking romance novel cover, tanned with sandy blonde hair that he wore long and tied back, with blue eyes along with a generous smile that could make a woman's knees weak. He was also one of the world's preeminent divorce attorneys with a globe-spanning clientèle of some of the world's wealthiest people, both men and women. He'd been in the enviable position of having both sides of a divorce bidding for his services on more than one occasion. His fees, a $10 million retainer up front plus 10% of any settlement, or 1% of the total value of the divorcing couples' estate plus 10% of any settlement, were legendary. More than 90% of his cases settled, obviating the need for an embarrassing trial.

"What's next for you?" Grant asked.

"Holding you to your word," Penny replied, smiling. "It is still your bond, isn't it?"

"It is," Grant replied with a sigh.

"I've done nothing but prepare myself for being your right hand," Penny said. "I know divorce law cold."

"It's not as glamorous as you think," Grant said, shaking his head. "It can be very ugly."

"You really should consider other alternatives," Helen said.

"I have worked my butt off," Penny said. "From getting my dual degrees in political science and business administration to graduating top of my law school class summa cum laude in just two years, my only goal has been to work with you. Why would I want to consider anything else?"

"Well, there's the matter of passing the bar exam first," Grant pointed out. "Not just here in Florida, but also you'll need to pass the bar exams of New York, Illinois, Washington state and Washington, D.C., California, Arizona, and Nevada. You'll need to pass any requisite exams in the EU also."

"I've already submitted my applications, including Texas, which you left out, and the SQE in the UK," Penny said, smiling. "I have no doubts about passing them all."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Grant, you have to convince Penny not to work with you," Helen said, pushed up onto her elbows and looking down at her husband as he ate her pussy, her legs hanging over his shoulders.

"How do you suggest I do that?" Grant asked, looking up at her, his mouth and chin glistening with her juices. "You heard her. I never imagined that she'd be so single-mindedly focused on it. I assumed that she'd learn about other opportunities and realize that working with me wasn't the end-all for her life."

"But we both know what your work is, what it can entail," Penny said, lying back as he moved up, her legs now caught in his elbows as he guided his cock to her spread pussy, moaning softly as he speared her and sank all 9" of his rock-hard cock into her. "There'd be no way to avoid it. Do you really want that for her?"

"I want her to be happy more than anything," Grant replied as he began to fuck her, savoring the silkiness of her pussy as it gripped his cock. "Like you, she'd have a choice to make if and when the situation arose. I don't remember you hesitating at all and you never complained in the ten years you worked for me."

"But I was your secretary, then your wife, not your daughter," Helen protested. "And you had been sharing me with your friends ever since we met in college. You knew that I wouldn't mind, that I'd welcome it."

"Do you want to tell her that having sex with the clients is a fairly common occurrence?" Grant asked, pausing for a moment to look down at her. "Do you want to explain to her how you know that? Do you want me to tell her? Wouldn't it be better to let the situation arise, then deal with it? It would be a make or break situation; she'd either realize that working for me wasn't what she envisioned and leave to do something else..."

"Or she'd go along with it like I did," Helen said with a sigh.

"She's an adult and has the right to make that choice for herself, just like you did," Grant said, pushing more upright and taking her ankles in his hands, looking down to watch his cock sliding in and out of her pussy between her long inner lips which clasped the shaft beneath her huge clit.

"But what if she's like me?" Helen asked, reaching down to rub her own clit while Grant continued to pummel her pussy.

"Why would I object to having a daughter that's every bit as perfect as her mother?" Grant asked, smiling.

The next three months Penny spent studying for the various bar exams and flying around the country to take them, including a trip to London to take the SQE.

"No more excuses," Penny said at dinner, a big smile on her face as she handed her father a file folder with the results of her various bar exams within. "I even aced four of them, including the SQE. I'm ready to work."

"Any law firm in the country would give their right arm to get you," Grant said, forcing a smile.

"The only law firm that interests me is yours," Penny said. "You're one of the most famous lawyers in the world. My value can only go up if I'm associated with you. It's a win-win."

"It's a sordid business, divorce law," Grant said with a sigh.

"I like sordid," Penny said, smiling at the startled look on her mother's face. "It can be fun."

Penny was brimming with excitement when she met her parents for breakfast the next morning, dressed for her first day of work as an attorney wearing a black dress with a high collar and short sleeves, the dress clinging to her body like plastic wrap and coming down to mid-thigh.

"Is that how you're dressing to work as a lawyer?" Helen asked.

"I think I look good," Penny replied, smiling. "It's better to be noticed than to be a wallflower that nobody sees. First impressions are important. They set the tone for any ensuing relationship, and what could be more about relationships than divorce?"

"You're not even wearing a bra," Helen said.

"Mom!" Penny laughed. "I haven't worn a bra since I was 14 and realized how much I hated the way they feel. I don't even own one. Will dressing like this be a problem?" she asked, looking at her father.

"Not in the least," Grant replied, smiling.

Penny thoroughly enjoyed the ride to her father's office in his 2022 Bentley Bacalar, one of only 12 made that he had somehow managed to acquire. She found it amazing to learn that the dashboard trim was from a 5,000-year-old tree that had been preserved in riverbed silt. She loved the feeling of being pressed back into her seat when he put the accelerator pedal to the floor.

Arriving at the office in the 21-story Northbridge Center, also known as the Darth Vader building, she was surprised to see that his office wasn't that big, with a secretary at her desk out front and Grant's corner office behind her, both walls floor-to-ceiling glass that provided a perfect view south of downtown West Palm Beach and an eastern view of the island of Palm Beach and the Atlantic Ocean beyond. It was when he took her next door that she learned that there were ten lawyers, each with a fairly roomy cubby hole, that did all of the support work that enabled Grant to do his job, which was dealing with the clients.

The secretary, Cindy Tyler, was 4 years older than Penny at 28. She was very petite, only 5'2", with long blonde hair and grey eyes. The beige, long-sleeved blouse that she was wearing was for all intents and purposes sheer, doing nothing to hide her B-cup breasts and the small dark nipples topping them. Her dark-brown skirt was shorter than Penny's and she took an instant liking to her, her face open and friendly.

Grant's office had two glass-topped desks, one in the corner which was Grant's, and the other along one of the glass walls, which he indicated that she would use. The other glass wall had a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two comfortable chairs around a glass-topped coffee table that faced east to Palm Beach and the cerulean ocean beyond. The wall separating the office space from Cindy's space was of frosted glass for privacy.

Getting Penny set up on the computer at her desk, Grant explained that only their computers had total access to everything in the database, including the financial files. The support team lawyers had access limited to ongoing cases, and Cindy's access was limited to using Microsoft Office programs for secretarial duties. There was a knock at the door, which then opened and Cindy entered.

"I usually get coffee in the morning," she explained, her grey eyes sparkling as she smiled. "Do you drink coffee or would you prefer something else?"

"I love coffee," Penny replied. "My preference is a double espresso, if that's possible."

"Just like Grant," Cindy said, smiling. "I'll be back shortly."

"Grant?" Penny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I encourage informality," Grant explained, "except in the presence of clients, then it's Mr. Studder. For you, it's Grant all the time. People need to perceive you as my equal so that they won't take you lightly. How do you want to be addressed by everyone?" he asked.

"I'd hate it if anyone called me anything but Penny," she replied. "Do they know that I'm your daughter?" she asked.

"Cindy probably realizes it," Grant replied. "She's met your mother quite a few times and you're the spitting image of her. The others, I doubt it. Helen never goes into their space when she visits."

"I'd hate for anyone to think that nepotism got me here," Penny said. "Can I just be Penny Lane instead of Penny Studder?"

"I have no problem with that," Grant agreed, nodding. "Makes sense. I'll tell...ah, here she is," he said as Cindy entered with their coffees.

"Not a problem," Cindy said when Grant had explained. "I understand. Penny Lane, like from the Beatles?" she asked, a big smile on her face.

"Mom and Dad are Beatles crazy," Penny laughed. "Penny Lane was playing in the delivery room when I was born."

"I love it," Cindy laughed.

"Thanks for the coffee," Penny said.

"My pleasure," Cindy replied, then left.

"So, what should I do?" Penny asked. "How many active cases do you have right now?"

"Just two," Grant replied. "I never have more than three. For what I charge, they're entitled to my undivided attention. More than three, I don't think that I could do it. You should familiarize yourself with both cases. One is a Mayflower blue-blood scion who is divorcing his wife for infidelity. He's not interested in giving her one penny more than he has to, no pun intended."

"Was she unfaithful?" Penny asked.

"Without a doubt," Grant replied, laughing. "You'll understand when you see the file."

"What's the other case?" Penny asked.

"Far more complicated, with political overtones," Grant replied. "A US Senator from Texas wants to divorce her husband for adultery. He's from old Texas oil money, billions. She gave him respectability outside his normal social environment, she got access to his family's wealth to finance her political career. Needless to say, she wants as much as she can get."

"Was he unfaithful?" Penny asked.

"Oh, they both had more affairs than you could shake a stick at, he was just indiscrete and stupidly let it become public," Grant replied. "She's been very discrete and he'd never be able to prove anything, but getting photos of him in flagrante delicti was fairly easy. They both stand to lose massively if details become known publicly."

"How do you feel about things like this?" Penny asked.

"Well, on the one hand, it pays the bills," Grant replied with a laugh. "The blueblood, he's paying a flat $10 million; the Senator, she doesn't have any way to put her hands on $10 million, so we'll get paid 1% of the total value of their combined estate, which is worth somewhere between $5 billion and $20 billion. Her husband is so stupid with ego that he won't give her the $10 million, so he'll end up having to pay me as much as $50 million as well as his own attorney when I insist on attorney's fees over and above any settlement."

"But more to point about your question, I can't believe the value, or price, that people put on sexual fidelity. I'd say that in better than 90% of the infidelity divorces that I handle, that there was no emotional infidelity. I think that emotional fidelity is the glue that really makes a relationship. Sex for sex's sake is just sex. If a woman uses a dildo on herself, is that being sexually unfaithful, or if she's using some strange man as a dildo?"

"Wouldn't it bother you if Mom were unfaithful?" Penny asked.

"I guess it would depend on the circumstances," Grant replied after a pause.

"Wow!" Penny gasped. "I-I'm surprised, but in a good way. I had no idea that you were so...so open-minded."

"In this business you have to be if you're going to be successful," Grant said. "You need to be able to see and think outside the box. Not everything is as it seems. Life is all about nuances, and change. People need to be able to adapt. When they lose that ability and become rigid, that's when problems arise."

Settling into her desk seat, Penny found the current case files and opened the oldest of them, which turned out to be Bradford v Bradford. John Bradford, age 72, suing his wife, Florence Bradford, age 42, for divorce, citing adultery as the proximate cause. Reading through the case file, Penny learned that John Bradford was descended from William Bradford who came to the Colonies on the Mayflower in 1620. The proof of sexual infidelity that John Bradford supplied was in the form of 84 separate video files.

Opening the first of the video files, the one with the oldest date, almost 3 years ago, she saw, Penny's eyes widened when she saw a middle-aged woman on her hands and knees on a bed, one huge black man fucking her from behind while she sucked the cock of another, her large breasts swinging beneath her.

Looking at the video window, Penny saw that the video was more than 20 minutes long. Using the mouse, she grabbed the place cursor and scrubbed through the video at a faster frame-per-minute rate, stopping for normal playback when she saw a noticeable scene change, like the two men trading places a couple of times. Her knees were shaking and she could feel how wet her pussy was as she watched the end of the video, both men jacking themselves off onto the woman's extended tongue and into her open mouth as she knelt in front of them.

Looking at the video file sizes, Penny saw that they were all of the same approximate size, which meant that they were all approximately 20 minutes long. Opening the second video file, she saw that it was pretty much the same thing, just with two different black men. Quickly scrubbing through half a dozen of the files, she saw that the only differences were sometimes there was just one man, sometimes three, but they were always black.

"Ready for some lunch?" Grant snapped her out of a thousand-yard stare.

"Yes," Penny replied, shutting down her computer and getting to her feet, flushing when she felt the slickness between her thighs from her leaking pussy and knowing that her large ruby nipples were hard, the material of her dress rasping across them and sending sensations shooting directly to her pussy.

"Better to take a taxi at lunchtime downtown," Grant explained as he flagged one down in front of the Northgate Building. "There's no parking anywhere."

It was only a few blocks to Flamingo Bar, right on the Intracoastal Waterway. Penny ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc while Grant opted for a double Laphroaig on the rocks. When the drinks arrived, Penny ordered octopus ceviche for a starter, an avocado wedge salad, and spiced grilled shrimp paella. Laughing, Grant told the server to just make it two of everything.

"So, what did you think of the Bradford file?" Grant asked.

"Well, she's definitely had sex with someone other than her husband," Penny replied.

"What do you think of her?" Grant asked, eyeing her carefully.

"She's got a healthy appetite," Penny replied, smiling. "There's nothing coy about her. She's looking to have some fun and lets herself. I admire that."

"Anything more?" Grant asked.

"Whoever took those videos had to be right there," Penny said. "That strikes me as odd."

"You've just put your finger on the only weakness in our client's case," Grant said with a sigh. "Any competent attorney will ask where our client got the files, and unless he's willing to commit perjury, he'll have to admit that he had the camera planted in one of the bed canopy's posts."

"And since those files date back three years, any reasonable person would presume that he was enjoying watching the videos of his wife enjoying herself with other men," Penny said. "A single video would have been more than sufficient grounds for a divorce. By allowing this to go on for three years, it could imply consent on the part of our client."

"And when they produce his medical records, which they've subpoenaed, they will learn that he is for all intents and purposes impotent," Grant said. "That adds even more weight to Mrs. Bradford's obvious mitigating defense of needing to get some satisfaction elsewhere. If she then says that she knew that she was being recorded, and if I were her attorney, I'd tell her to say just that, then she could lend credence to her claim that she was acting with her husband's blessing and even encouragement. In the end, it's all about the settlement; how much."

"Sexual fidelity is expensive," Penny said.

"Did it bother you to see those videos?" Grant asked.

"No," Penny replied. "I like porn well enough. They were all adults having fun, or so it seemed. I didn't see anything that made me think that anyone was being coerced or mistreated, so there was nothing to be bothered by. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not your little girl anymore, and I'm certainly not a virgin. I'm not intimidated by sex."

"I do hope you won't voice that in your mother's hearing," Grant said, laughing. "She's quite worried about what kind of an effect my business will have on you. I'm afraid that you'll always be her little girl to her."

"Boy, is she in for a disappointment," Penny laughed. "Have you watched all of the videos?" she asked.

"I'm sorry to say that I have," Grant replied. "My responsibility as an attorney required me to. It gets boring after a while."

"I'd like to meet her," Penny said.

"You probably will when they finally settle and sign the papers," Grant said. "Any special reason?" he asked.

"I like her style," Penny replied, laughing at the stunned look on his face.

Returning to the office after lunch, Penny opened the other active file, Caruthers v Caruthers; Ruth Caruthers, 56, suing her husband, William Caruthers, 56, for divorce, citing adultery as the proximate cause. Penny quickly scanned through the information before coming to a couple dozen graphic files. Clicking on the oldest one, she saw a middle-aged man, slightly overweight, with an older woman sitting on top of him, part of the shaft of his cock visible between her legs, her large breasts hanging down from her chest. Looking through the photos, she saw the same couple in various sexual poses. Then she opened one of the files and gasped when she saw the man kneeling in front of the woman, the shaft of his cock sticking out of her pussy, while a young black man stood over her, his cock in the man's mouth.