Diagnosis Murder Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're being followed, dad," Steve said quietly so as not alarm Mark or disturb Jesse.

Mark glanced in the wing mirrors to take in the dark coloured car that kept pace with them. He heard Steve call dispatch for back-up, but other than that Mark realised Steve wasn't going to do anything.

"What's your plan?" he asked, wrapping an arm tightly around the precious, sleeping bundle between them.

"Let's give them a little work to do," Steve said grimly. The big detective didn't try to shake off the tail, but after a few twists and turns, it was obvious the car was following, but not closing the gap. Steve began to head for the beach-houses where he and his father lived. He issued instructions to his colleagues and nodded with satisfaction at the cars waiting as they approached home.

"Stay in the truck with Jess, dad," Steve ordered before increasing his speed and then swinging the vehicle round in a one hundred and eighty degree turn. He was out and had his gun extended towards the threat to him and his family almost before the truck had stopped.

"Steve?" Jesse murmured softly as he jerked from the force of the sharp braking.

"Shh, it's ok, Jess. Nearly home, sleep a little more," Mark said kissing the young man's temple. He smiled at the exhaled sigh as Jesse slipped back into a deeper drowse and then focused his attention on what was happening outside. As he took in what was happening he gave a groan. Jenny Walters now stood outside her car looking petrified. Checking that Jesse had indeed gone back to sleep, Mark quickly jumped from the truck and hurried to his furious son.

"What in the hell do you think you're playing at, Jenny," Steve bellowed. "Do you realise how close you came to getting yourself killed?" Anger, fear and worry had destroyed any semblance of control Steve had and Mark could see it.

"I called into your office. They said you were in hospital. I panicked and they said it was a... a friend that was hurt, but that you were staying there and I thought I could bring you things and look after you." Jenny was almost babbling as she tried to explain herself and was indicating a basket in the back of her car. Mark glanced inside as she spoke and barely restrained another groan. Mark could appreciate the food, juice and water she had brought, but there were also three bottles of wine: red, white and champagne. He fairly pounced on Steve to keep his son from moving closer to the still frightened woman.

"And you thought what exactly?" Steve snarled. "That I'd leave a hurt friend to picnic with you? That I'd toast his stay in hospital?"

"Steve, I think you can send the back-up away and then you need to see to Jesse. Jess was starting to wake up and he's going to need you." Mark put himself in his son's line of vision as he spoke, effectively diverting the angry man's attention. "Let me speak to Jenny."

"Make her understand, dad," Steve said with an exasperated sigh as he turned to dismiss the extra police.

Mark watched Jenny stand and stare with tears in her eyes as the loud, angry and intimidating man Steve had been when speaking to her, changed in one who was gentle, considerate and loving. Tenderly Jesse was lifted from the truck and cradled to a powerful chest as Steve carried his drowsy husband into their home without so much as a glance back.

"He hates me," Jenny whispered.

"He doesn't hate you, Jenny," Mark said firmly. "But he doesn't love you either.

"He's a good, decent man," Jenny murmured.

"Yes he is," Mark agreed "and Jesse is a good, decent man and an excellent doctor that it's my pleasure and privilege to know. Steve was angry because Jesse has been hurt. When Jesse hurts, Steve does too."

"He does?" Jenny asked, tearing her gaze away from where Steve had vanished into the house to regard the older man before her.

"Yes, Jenny. That's what happens when people care deeply for one another. It's not going to be easy for you, Jenny, but you have to move on with your life and, if it would help, I know someone who specialises in dealing with victims of domestic violence."

"Thanks, Mark," Jenny said turning away. "But I know what I have to do."

Mark frowned as she drove away. He had a niggling feeling. Shaking his head as though hoping the elusive though would be revealed, he headed into Steve and Jesse's home.

Mark smiled as he walked into their living room. Steve was sitting in one of the large armchairs with Jesse on his lap wrapped in a big, soft comforter. Although still a little heavy-eyed, Jesse was awake and smiled at the older man. Mark was please to see a little of the normally exuberant younger man begin to appear.

"Has she gone?" Steve asked as Mark took a seat on the sofa.

"She has," he confirmed thoughtfully.

"I feel sorry for her," Jesse said quietly. "Domestic violence is such an insidious crime. It can go on unnoticed and unreported in any family. I can understand how anyone can dream of a new life when unhappy in what they have."

"My concern is for you, angel," Steve rumbled as he nuzzled into the blond's soft hair and kissed him. "If I hadn't got that call from Jenny, you wouldn't have got hurt."

"I have to get back to work," Mark said. "I'll pop by later and see if you're both ok," he smiled.

"I have today off," Steve said. "I'll go back to work tomorrow when Jess is a bit stronger."

Mark placed a kiss to the top of each of his boys' heads and left. He took a cab back to the hospital, his mind sifting slowly through what had happened recently. However, as he got more involved in his clinical work, the still elusive thought kept evading every attempt to pin it down.

****

Jesse awoke sore and stiff but felt more like his own normal self. He smiled at the solid weight and possessive arm that surrounded him and snuggled back for a moment, relishing the warmth that came not just from the physical closeness but also the love of his mate. He knew he could have been so much more badly hurt. He began to wonder whether his attacker had purposely measured the blows; it had, after all, been intended as a warning. He wriggled a little until he could look at the big man that shared both his bed and his life. Steve looked younger and less care-worn when asleep and Jesse's heart melted with love for the older man. Then with a wicked smile, Jesse carefully urged Steve onto his back and drew back the covers.

Jesse licked his lips and gazed with a growing hunger at the body bared before him. Steve worked out regularly and his body had powerful muscles and was well-defined. Thick nipples sat atop satin-smooth, well-developed pectoral muscles. Dark blond fur was in abundance around the thick, dusky-rose flesh between hard-muscled legs. As though aware of Jesse's loving scrutiny the half-erect organ twitched, as if preening for the younger man and began to fill and harden fully. A gentle stroke to solid inner thighs had the long legs spreading and Jesse carefully positioned himself between them, mindful of his still sore knee.

Taking his weight on his arms, Jesse leant forward and kissed each dark pink nipple, treating it to the warm moistness of his mouth. He pressed open-mouthed kisses down the broad chest to tongue the delicious indent at Steve's navel before kissing his way along the treasure trail to the thick nest of pubic fur. Jesse nuzzled in the wiry curls before licking his way up the fully hard shaft and sucking at the engorged head to savour his mate's pre-come. As he swallowed he felt a large hand on his head and looked up to see Steve gazing at him with such a look of naked adoration, that the smaller man carefully crawled up the bigger body to mate their mouths. He moaned into their kiss as Steve's knowing hands each palmed one of his buttocks, alternately squeezing and parting the taut globes. As his mouth opened, Steve's tongue dived inside, mapping every nook and cranny to leave Jesse panting in the aftermath.

"Morning, sunshine," Steve husked.

"Morning, lover," Jesse replied, his own voice deeper with arousal.

Steve carefully rolled their bodies and took an alluring nub between his teeth as he trailed a hand between soft, smooth caramel thighs to stroke leisurely at Jesse's erection. He smiled as Jesse sighed softly and began to push upwards into Steve's knowing touch.

"Need to love you, baby," Steve said, his voice a sweep of dark silk in Jesse's ear. Steve's smiled widened at the wanton moan and shiver of anticipation.

"Take me," Jesse said hoarsely. "Love me."

"Always," Steve growled.

With tenderness and care, Steve repositioned Jesse onto his stomach, a pillow under his hips and spread the younger man's legs wide. Kneeling between them, Steve licked and nipped at the nape of Jesse's neck before trailing kisses and bites across the honeyed skin of Jesse's back. He mourned over and kissed each and every bruise and scrape he found. He bit gently at each golden globe before his tongue swiped desultorily over the tiny pink portal displayed to Steve's ravenous and possessive gaze.

"Oh, Steve, yeah, just *there*," Jesse mewled. It was almost more than Jesse thought he could bear, but Steve knew Jesse's body so well and played him with a masterful perfection. Jesse cried out torn between begging for more and pleading for Steve to stop and be inside him. His slender hips ground shamelessly into the pillow.

Steve licked his lover mercilessly. He circled and swiped, occasionally furling his tongue to press insistently inside; wetting, stretching, preparing his lover as well as taking him to the brink of the abyss of ecstasy again and again. Steve wasn't certain whether Jesse could balance on his hands and knees for any length of time and so pressed his slick fingers inside as Jesse lay spread beneath him. He stroked satin skin with one hand as he watched his fingers slide between the perfect cheeks. A low guttural moan made him give a feral grin as his fingers teased Jesse's sweet spot.

"So beautiful, baby," Steve growled. "So mine."

He briefly pulled Jesse onto all fours as he lined his aching shaft with the pulsating and glistening entrance and pushed inside, both gently and insistently. He felt Jesse's body welcome him with searing heat and slick tightness. He gripped the slender hips as he began to move harder, faster and deeper.

Jesse moaned as the long thick flesh that seemed to fill him so perfectly brushed across his prostate with every movement of Steve hips; each thrust, each roll. Jesse shuddered with increasing arousal and cried aloud as Steve eased him to sit back on the bigger man's widespread thighs. The new position left Jesse impaled on Steve's steely rod and the older man clasped slender shoulders from underneath and began to lift and lower Jesse as his thrusts increased in their intensity. Jesse had no leverage of his own and felt wanton and voluptuous as Steve both took and gave what they needed.

"Steve," Jesse gasped as he was raised and lowered over and over, relishing his mate's strength and endurance. His throbbing erection bobbed gracefully, the cool air sweeping around its heat, teasing Jesse further. Finally one strong hand encircled him, slowly stroking the already sensitive flesh. Jesse felt his need reach its pinnacle, impaled on Steve, the bigger man's hand working him to completion and then Steve groaned low and deep in his ear.

"Do it, baby. I want to see you come."

Jesse could do nothing other than obey Steve's command. He cried out his husband's name and he climaxed. He could feel Steve still pounding inside him as his release covered Steve's hand and his own stomach and thighs. He heard his lover's long drawn out moan and then liquid heat filled his body as Steve came inside him, coating the still rippling channel with his seed. Their hearts racing, the two men remained in place as Steve pulsed again and again into Jesse's molten depths before finally easing them onto their sides.

Steve kissed Jesse's neck and shoulders before slowly pulling out. He rolled the boneless young medic onto his back and his tongue slid sinuously across hot, sweat-damp skin removing every precious drop of Jesse's seed. With a final laving between Jesse's wide-spread cheeks to taste himself in Jesse's most intimate entrance, Steve concluded his cleansing. He pulled Jesse into his arms and they kissed slowly and tenderly conveying the depths of their love in the aftermath of their intense orgasms.

****

At the door of their home, Steve said his goodbyes to Jesse with a final long, deep kiss. Enwrapped in each other, neither noticed the predatory eyes watching as Steve drove away.

In his office, Steve was surprised to receive an urgent call from Mark.

"Steve," the older man said urgently. "Exactly what did Jesse remember of what his attacker said?"

"He was told he wasn't so pretty, that he was corrupting me and he should stay away from decent people."

"Decent people... decent folk," Mark said. "Jenny has referred to you as a 'decent' man and 'decent' folk, Steve," Mark said worriedly.

"But how could Jenny attack Jesse?" Steve asked incredulously. "She was on the phone to me."

"Have you checked to see if the call was landline or cellphone?" Mark asked. "How did she know where to find you? Don't underestimate her, Steve." He heard Steve groan into the receiver. "Can you run a background check on her?" Mark persisted.

"I have a few details," Steve affirmed. "Can you get round to Jesse?"

"I'm on my way," Mark replied.

Steve quickly found the number of the sheriff's office in Jenny's hometown and rang through. A slow, deep voice came on the line.

"Sheriff West, how can I help you?"

Steve introduced himself and explained who he was and where he worked.

"I'm looking for information on Jenny Walters. I'm especially interested in anyone who can tell me about her domestic life. Having spoken to her, I'm given to understand she was a victim of domestic violence..." Steve stopped at the snort of derision from the other end of the line.

"There may very well have been domestic violence, Lieutenant, but we'll never know for sure. Billy Walters was forever turning up at work with new bruises saying how clumsy he was. He was a man and men don't get beat by their womenfolk."

"About six months ago I stopped Jenny from apparently contemplating suicide. She told me about the abuse in her life."

"It may have been in her life, Lieutenant, but as far as I'm concerned she was the one dishing it out. Six months ago Billy had to be hospitalised. Jenny said he'd fallen downstairs. For the first time I think she realised how badly he was hurt, but he still didn't say anything. She disappeared for a day or two, probably when you saw her and then returned and carried on as if nothing had happened whilst Billy fought for his life. Took a few months before he was allowed home, if only he'd taken up my offer to stay with me and my wife," the sheriff sighed. "He went home and less than two weeks later was dead from a ruptured spleen."

"Then she couldn't have seen him the other night," Steve said, his eyes widening in horror.

"If she saw Billy, Lieutenant, it was his ghost come back or her guilty conscience. I'm sure that woman got away with murder, but there's no proof."

"I have to go, sheriff," Steve said frantically gathering together what he needed and checking his gun. "Someone could be in great danger."

Steve flew to his truck, shouting for back-up on the way and as the vehicle tore away he called his father.

"Dad is Jesse ok?"

"I can't get an answer," Mark said.

"Jenny was the abuser not the victim," Steve said and heard his father's gasp. "I'm on my way with back-up."

"I'll call you back in a couple of minutes," Mark stated. "I'm almost there."

Jesse sighed sadly as he waved goodbye to Steve. He was well enough for his mate to return to work. He was stuck with the bruising, but could move relatively well and had a supply of painkillers if he needed them. He gave a rueful smile; if truth were told he was nervous on his own and missed Steve's loving and reassuring presence. He gave a shiver that had little to do with physical cold. He was dressed in soft baby-blue sweat shorts, part of a set that were a gift from Steve. However he'd teamed them with the t-shirt Steve had worn the previous evening and he held it to his face to inhale the unmistakeable scent of his lover. A sudden inspiration had him descending to their bedroom and when he moved back into the living room, he now also wore Steve's old, worn, thick terrycloth bathrobe. Jesse often teased Steve about it, but Steve wouldn't part with it. It had been a part of their lives from before they were lovers and although it swamped his smaller frame, the young man felt loved and safe in its embrace. Jesse stroked the belt and smiled dreamily, he had a lot of memories involving the well-worn belt. It had been a blindfold, handcuffs and gag and the thoughts made him moan softly. Their bondage games were all about Steve pleasuring his helpless lover and Jesse relished his mate's primal sexual dominance. Curling up on the settee, Jesse let the sweet, erotic dreams lull him to sleep.

An insistent banging on the door had Jesse stumbling tiredly to see who it was. It had been just over an hour since Steve had left and Jesse yawned widely before opening the door. He frowned at Jenny standing with her hands behind her back.

"Jenny, look Steve's not here..." the blond got no further as a solid, black-gloved fist slammed into his face. Jesse fell back stunned and bleeding and watched with a dazed detachment as Jenny moved methodically forward. She threw away the wire cutters that Jesse realised she must have used to cut the telephone lines and straddled his thighs. He tried to fight her off, but she was much stronger and seemed to know exactly what she was doing. Pinning Jesse's wrists in one large hand, she grabbed a fistful of his hair and slammed his head down hard before two brutal punches to his unprotected stomach drove the air from the young man's lungs. As a badly dazed Jesse tried to draw in enough oxygen, he was pulled unresistingly to his feet and propelled out of the door and to Jenny's car.

"Mark said when you hurt, Steve hurts. With you dead, Steve'll need a lot of looking after and I'll be there to provide all the care he needs.

Jesse whimpered helplessly before a hard blow to the back of his head sent him tumbling into a black abyss.

Mark gasped as he saw Jesse manhandled and then knocked unconscious before being bundled into Jenny's car. He was still too far away to help and instead carefully manoeuvred to be able to follow the car that sped away. He absently picked up his cellphone as it rang persistently.

"Mark Sloan," he barked.

"Dad, have you reached Jesse?" Steve's voice came through.

"Jenny has him," Mark said. "I'm following. I'll give you directions." Mark never let his eyes lose sight of the car that held one of the two precious young men in his life.

Jesse felt himself pulled to his feet and a stinging slap was followed by a sharp pinch to bring him to full awareness. He paled at the sight of the bridge where Steve had first encountered Jenny. He turned to look at the woman's face. The mask of neutrality she normally wore was gone. Behind the façade was a face that showed hatred and anger.

"Please, Jenny," Jesse begged softly. "Don't do this."

"No speaking," Jenny ordered. "Over the barrier."

Jesse staggered forward at the strong shove between his shoulder blades when he made no attempt to move. "If you give me a hard time, you little freak, I'll beat you bloody and throw you over myself," Jenny hissed malevolently.

Jesse prayed silently and fervently that somehow Steve knew what was happening and was on his way. The only weapon Jesse had was his brain. He wondered if he stood any chance of being able to talk his way out of this danger. Slowly he obeyed Jenny's orders and stood clinging to the rail around the bridge as he stood on its parapet. He heard the shrill squeal of car brakes and, even more reassuringly, police sirens that were getting closer.