Bit of a Bitch Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next day, Laci, Theresa and Claire Meyers were new students of Roselawn Academy. Jerry nearly hyperventilated when he saw the yearly tuition per child, but Jack again put an affectionate arm around his brother in law's shoulders.

"Cheaper than you'd think, in the long run," Jack assured Jerry.

\

"Dad? Next year? I'm getting my driver's license?" Bruce approached his father one evening as they sat for dinner.

"You asking or telling?" Jack smiled. "Damn, boy, you are growing, know that?"

"Telling him? Uh, I'm one had to take him to Anthony's for all new clothes," Roslyn agreed.

"Anyway," Bruce said. "I saw on-line? The Myndee Police, they have this auction where you buy cars they impounded and you can really pick up some awesome deals."

"You're not pulling this out your butt, boy," Jack said, which made Michelle and Franklin giggle. "So, get to it so I can tell you 'no, no way, never going happen' and we can eat, all right?"

"I thought we'd go look," Bruce smirked at his father. "It's this Saturday; starts at ten."

"Sure, why not?" Jack shrugged. "Oh! Oh, and let me guess. On the way back? We can stop off at Cash For Gold on Waggamon, right?"

"It's right there, on the way back," Bruce agreed.

Through Jack, Bruce picked up a 1999 Mustang in pristine condition, except for the bullet holes. He also picked up a 2003 Ford Ecoline cargo van that had been seized in a drug bust.

"Last up is this, um, ninety seven um, Corolla. A nineteen ninety seven Toyota Corolla," the grizzled old officer called out.

"No one? Guys, come on, no one?" the man called out when no one bid on the filthy looking car.

"One hundred," Bruce called out.

"Son, it'll cost you at least that much just to clean that thing," Jack laughed. "And, uh, ever thought how we getting all these home? Oh, my God! Your mother is going to have a fit! Where are we putting all these cars?"

"Mr. Ruddocker's barn," Bruce smiled. "Already got the key."

Bruce was making Straight A's in all of his classes; there was even talk of advancing him a year. And since he could grasp a tool, Bruce had an aptitude for fixing things. Jack had nothing but thumbs when it came to holding a screwdriver or wrench.

The dishwasher in their Little Rock, Arkansas home had been making an incredible racket. Roslyn complained bitterly about the seventy nine dollars the repair service wanted, just to send out a serviceman. Turning around, she saw that Bruce had disassembled the appliance, owner's manual on the floor next to him. When he put it back together, it ran as it had when it was brand new.

After that day, when they visited their parents, or Jerry and Cindy, if anything needed fixing, Bruce would give it his best attempt. And Laci was his tool monkey. Maw-maw thought it was adorable; Laci quietly kneeling, waiting for Bruce to need a screwdriver or a crescent wrench. Through these moments, Laci learned fractions; 9/16 was bigger than ½ and smaller than ¾. Because of Bruce's ratchet wrench set, Laci also learned millimeters.

So, Jack and Roslyn gave Bruce a good deal of latitude with regards to his 'projects' as Roslyn called them. Seven weeks after purchasing the van, Bruce sold it for ten times what he'd paid for it. He had sanded off the battleship gray paint, laid down three coats of red metal flake, then covered that with five coats of red lacquer, then five more coats of clear lacquer. Inside of the spacious vehicle, Bruce had installed four captain's chairs, then a bench seat that folded down to make a comfortable bed. Floor, walls and ceiling had been covered in a soft beige carpet; it was the perfect party van or family van.

A week after that van left Mr. Ruddocker's barn, the Mustang left. Bruce had patched the bullet holes, replaced the shattered glass, and spray painted an American flag onto the body of the car. He had also torn down the engine, cleaned what could be cleaned, replaced what couldn't be cleaned and had an engine that purred when it idled, and snarled when the accelerator was pushed.

Jack shook his head as he looked at the cashier's check for the Mustang, "Boy, you are something, hear?"

Mr. Ruddocker refused to take a penny from Bruce. The barn had been abandoned for years. Mr. Ruddocker had even thought of having it torn down when Bruce had approached him about renting the space. And because Bruce painted his cars in the structure, Bruce had cleaned the barn to a microbial level.

"Could eat off that floor; hell, hospitals ain't that clean," Mr. Ruddocker bragged to anyone that would listen.

"Dad?" Bruce asked a few days after selling the Mustang.

"Auction next week?" Jack guessed. "What about that ugly ass Toyota? That going be the one you drive?"

"Nope," Bruce smiled.

When Bruce did earn his driver's license, he drove a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab that he'd picked up for three thousand dollars. Suddenly, he was the designated driver for Michelle and Franklin. And, they had to swing by the Meyers and pick up Laci, Theresa and Claire. Laci always, always, always sat in front.

When Laci managed (barely) to pass her driver's test, Uncle Jerry was livid when his nephew gave Laci a baby blue Toyota Corolla. Even though the car was twenty years old, it gleamed, and the engine ran like a Rolex watch. The sound system cranked out some serious, ground shaking bass. The squeal, hug and kiss that Laci gave to Bruce was not the squeal, hug and kiss of a cousin to a cousin.

"Jerry, come on, huh?" Jack soothed as they stood on the back porch of the Meyers home, drinking beer. "You knew he was going give her a car, huh?"

"A car, you know, an egg beater. I mean, y'all told me it was a piece of junk, didn't y'all?" Jerry groused, gulping down the second of the two beers Cindy would allow him to drink. "But that? Shit! No way I'd ever be able to afford give her something like that. Ever."

"It is cute, isn't it?" Cindy agreed, stepping outside. "Your daughter wants give you a ride."

Jerry smiled and nodded as Laci prattled on and on about all the features. He shook his head; Justin Bieber had never sounded as horrible as he did at full volume with enhanced sub-woofer.

"Daddy!" Laci laughed, a genuine happy laugh. "That's Mylie. Wrecking Ball? That's Mylie Cyrus."

"Like there's any difference?" Jerry asked, hating Bruce Thompson even more than he had ever hated anyone in his life.

But, for some reason, Bruce still had to swing by and pick up Laci, Theresa and Claire for school every school day. Bruce found out the truth; Theresa let it slip that Daddy couldn't afford the insurance and Laci had no way to buy gas.

Roslyn and Aunt Cindy talked Bruce out of paying for the insurance or gas for Laci. Roselyn stilled Bruce's protests with a smile and hug.

"I'm sure you'll be doing all that soon enough," Aunt Cindy said knowingly. "For now? Let her learn there's no such thing as a free meal."

Zydeco Coffee hired the bright, energetic, bubbly Laci Meyers to work three nights and Saturdays behind their counter. Bruce became a regular customer. And seeing the attention his cousin received from male, and a few female customers and coworkers gave Bruce cause for anxiety. Laci smiled and politely rebuffed the attention with grace.

The first time Laci had insurance, and gas, she drove her new car to school. Theresa and Claire happily bounded out of the car, pointing out their big sister's car to any of the children outside of the school.

"That's Laci's new car; Baba gave it to her," Theresa said to Andrea, her best friend in the whole wide world.

"Wow. Tell Baba, wait, who's Baba? Tell Baba I want a Benz when I get my driver's license," Andrea said.

"Laci, what up girl?" April March cooed, looking at the shining car.

"Uh huh," Laci said, not fooled.

April sat in front of her in their homeroom; their teacher arranged them alphabetically. The red head also sat in front of Laci in Earth Sciences, and Algebra. But the stuck-up girl never talked to Laci, unless absolutely necessary.

"And, it ain't necessary now," Laci thought as she brushed past April; Bruce and Michelle and Franklin had just pulled up.

"I sat up front," Michelle teased her big cousin. "Since we didn't have get you? I sat up front."

"Hey, Baba, drove my new car," Laci pointed to where her car was parked.

"See that," Bruce smiled.

Laci and Bruce were still seventeen years of age when they started the 12th grade. But, Bruce would spend the first part of the day at Roselawn Academy, and the afternoon at Myndee University, taking Calculus, and Macro-Economics on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and Applied Chemistry and Statistical Analysis Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Uncle Jerry could barely hide his hatred as Bruce simply gave Laci the Chevy Silverado and began driving a 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra, the Terminator model. Laci's truck was better than the Kia sedan Jerry could barely afford, and the Cobra was far cooler than anything Jerry could ever hope to have.

"Oh, settle down," Cindy said. "You're still her Daddy; you're still the most important man in her life."

"Am I?" Jerry asked, staring hard at Cindy.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cindy asked. "Of course you are."

"Dad?" Bruce asked, a few nights before his eighteenth birthday.

"No. Not no, but hell no. Not now, not ever, not as long as I'm still alive," Jack said. "What's up?"

"Do we really have go through all that every time I come ask you something?" Bruce asked, shaking his head as his father smiled and his mother giggled.

"Why not? It makes your mom laugh, and I like hearing your mom laugh," Jack shrugged.

"Okay, you know how we been buying them cars at the auctions?" Bruce asked.

"Uh huh," Jack said after Bruce didn't elaborate. "You've built up a pretty nice next egg out of them."

"Well, there's houses and property like that," Bruce said. "Can't pay the property taxes, or the IRS seizes it, or it's seized in a drug bust," Bruce said.

"Show me," Jack said.

Bruce pulled up several web sites. He showed his father where he'd researched current market values, current market availability in each area.

"And you know I'm going to U.L.D. next year," Bruce said, pointing to an apartment complex in Pinoak, Louisiana that had fallen behind in their mortgage due to the owner's death.

"And you rent out the other three; got yourself a nice little money maker," Jack agreed, approving of the building.

He turned to Bruce. Bruce searched his father's eyes.

"And what's Laci say about it?" Jack teased.

"She's mad about it; wants go to Myndee," Bruce admitted. "Oh. About the apartment? Haven't told her about them."

"And what's so great about the University of Louisiana at DeGarde anyway?" Roslyn asked. "Myndee's right there. Y'all could just about walk there."

"Tom Thibodaux teaches a class there; I'm hoping I can get an internship with Thibodaux Investments," Bruce patiently explained, again to his parents. "Man's a genius. Cantango's surging, going for almost a thousand a share. Tom Thibodaux was only one saying it would burst. Everyone else laughed at him. Well, who's laughing now? Half the board's behind bars; whole thing was a huge flop with artificial safeguards. And Falgout Film Studios? Owners were bleeding money out the butt. Tom bought it, turned it around by doing feeds to motels all around the nation. Man's a genius."

"And what's this in Swift Falls? Tennessee?" Jack asked.

"Foothills of the Smokies; rent it out as a vacation condo," Bruce pointed out.

"Benhurst County, Colorado?" Jack asked.

"Remember you and Mom went skiing last year?" Bruce said. "Raquel Falls has got some great skiing. Y'all can use it every year."

"Your Uncle Jerry hated skiing," Roslyn said.

"Uh huh. You didn't," Bruce said, looking pointedly at Roslyn's seven month pregnant belly.

"That's enough," Jack said, lightly slapping his son on the back of his head.

B. Thompson Holdings purchased the three properties Bruce had located. Bruce did toy with buying El Vaqueros, a bar in Oakleaf County, Texas that was delinquent on their federal taxes. But, finding out that El Vaqueros was a male strip club, Bruce decided against buying it.

"Go ahead," Jack laughed. "Any of these others fall through? At least you'll have someplace to work."

"Oh yeah; like Laci would ever let him do that," Roslyn laughed.

"Laci? She don't tell me what to do," Bruce said.

"Oh, Brucie, you keep believing that, okay?" Roslyn laughed.

For Laci's eighteenth birthday, Bruce had found some sapphire jewelry at an estate sale. He bought the lot; sapphire is the birthstone for the month of September.

Uncle Jerry bit his tongue when Laci opened the gift and saw the earrings and necklace and matching pendant. Seeing the look in her husband's eyes, Aunt Cindy did not say anything when Uncle Jerry drank not two, but five beers at the birthday party.

Three weeks after their birthdays, Laci needlessly reminded Bruce that Homecoming was coming up. Along with the Friday night football game, which Roselawn Academy was guaranteed to lose, there would be a Homecoming dance on Saturday.

"Wish we could go together," Laci whispered, clutching onto Bruce's hand. "But Jesus; everyone already talks about us all the time as it is."

""We will; don't worry," Bruce smiled, seeing Robin Simon in the hall ahead of them.

Robin and Robbie Brundette, her on again off again boyfriend were currently off again. Laci did not like the pretentious blonde and did not trust the girl. Bruce had no opinion when it came to Robbie; they ran in different circles.

Bruce asked Robin to the Homecoming Dance, ignoring the hateful glare he received from Robbie. Seeing the murderous look on Laci's face, Robin very quickly agreed.

Laci asked Robbie Brundette to the Homecoming Dance, casually mentioning that Robin was going with Bruce. Robbie agreed; he knew Robin hated Laci. If Robin got wind of the fact that he was taking Laci Meyers that would show the blonde bitch that she did not have the only pussy at Roselawn Academy.

"And he's getting us a limousine," Robin loudly announced, making sure that Robbie overheard her.

"Baba, I don't know what you're doing; this had better work," Laci growled at Bruce. "You should hear all the stuff she's saying. Swear to God; want to kill her."

"Aw yeah, comes right up to me and says 'oh Robbie, I'm dying for you take me,'" Robbie told his friends, making sure Robin heard him.

Roselawn Academy pulled off an unbelievable victory over Hattie Carroway, winning by a score of six to three. So, school spirit, school pride were at an all-time high. The students of Roselawn Academy were looking forward to their dance.

Heloise Simon was dutifully impressed when a limousine pulled up in front of their trailer. She was dutifully impressed at the handsome, tall young man that stepped out of the limousine.

Robin made Bruce wait for ten minutes, even though she was ready. Bruce had anticipated this little power play; he'd shown up twenty minutes early. While they waited, Heloise did flirt with Bruce, did 'accidentally' let Bruce see that blonde was her natural hair color.

"Okay, just got to make one more stop, then we're off to Geno's," Bruce smiled as they settled into the plush automobile. "By the way, you look beautiful tonight."

"Thank you," Robin simpered, thrusting her breasts toward him.

"You have to be kidding me," Robin snarled when she saw Robbie Brundette's Nissan in front of the Meyers' home.

"You have to be fucking kidding me," Robin almost screamed when she saw Laci Meyers on the arm of Robbie Brundette, looking absolutely gorgeous in her designer gown.

Bruce and Laci sat together while Robbie and Robin sat across from each other, glaring with white hot hatred at each other. Laci pointed out that she was wearing her sapphire earrings and her sapphire necklace and pendant.

"You are a genius," Laci giggled as they got out of the limousine in front of Geno's Fine Italian Dining.

"What?" Bruce smiled as Robin gripped his arm in a ferocious grip. "We're not together. I've got my date, you've got yours. We are not going together."

"You look like an idiot in that suit," Robin snarled at Robbie.

"Got that dress at Goodwill?" Robbie spat.

The seating was boy-girl, boy-girl. Bruce and Laci talked and laughed, both fully enjoying their meal. Robin and Robbie glared at one another and did not talk to one another, or to their dates.

"You are a genius," Laci complimented again as they enjoyed dessert.

Bruce just smiled and offered a taste of his dessert to Robin. She snapped a refusal, so Bruce fed a spoonful of his dessert to Laci. Laci also offered a taste to her date, but he refused. So Bruce got to taste Laci's dessert.

After the dance, a dance that Robin refused to dance with Bruce and Robbie refused to dance with Laci, the quartet got into the limousine. Robin and Robbie sat in stony silence for several long moments.

"Take me home first," Robin snapped at Bruce.

"What? You don't want to go to Tony's party?" Bruce asked, fighting against the smirk.

"No," Robin snapped.

So, Bruce clicked on the intercom and gave the driver the change in addresses. The driver affirmed and the quartet again sat in silence.

"My car's at Laci's," Robbie reminded Bruce.

"What? You don't want to go Tony's party either?" Laci asked, almost giggling.

"I hope you two can work it out," Bruce said to Robin as the limousine crunched to a stop in front of the trailer.

"You two belong together," Laci quietly told Robbie when the limousine stopped in front of the Meyers' home.

"What the fuck ever," Robbie grumbled as he got out of the car, already digging for his car keys.

"Driver?" Bruce spoke into the intercom again. "Zydeco's Coffee, please."

"Zydeco's; they any good? I mean, I saw their sign when I drove in," the driver asked.

"They're the best," Laci giggled.

"Right away," the driver said and closed the connection.

"You are a genius," Laci repeated as she pulled Bruce down for a kiss.

"Not arguing," Bruce laughed as they kissed.

But instead of their usual lip to lip kiss, Laci held Bruce tight, opening her mouth. The two moaned as they kissed like lovers for the first time. The two eighteen year olds sucked on each other's tongues, Laci's fingers caressing Bruce's handsome face.

They pulled apart when the limousine came to a stop. They stared at one another, both a little bewildered.

"I love you, Baba," Laci quietly declared.

"Love you too, Lace," Bruce quietly said. "But I uh, what was..."

"I love you," Laci repeated as the driver opened the door.

The driver joined them in the short line. He let Bruce and Laci order first then repeated their order.

"And this is a beige net?" he asked, chewing through the piping hot treat.

"Beignet; it's from New Orleans," Laci laughed. "Ben yay."

When they arrived at Tony's home, neither Bruce nor Laci were surprised to see Robin and Robbie in a corner, almost savagely kissing one another. After an hour, Bruce and Laci left, heading to Laci's home.

Bruce and Laci fogged up the windows of the limousine with their kisses and touches. Bruce touched Laci's breasts, through the material of her gown; these were the first breasts he'd ever touched. Laci moaned and panted; this was the first time anyone had touched her breasts.

"Love you, Baba," Laci admitted as the Limousine coasted to a stop.

"Love you too, Lace," Bruce said, walking with her to her front door.

Roslyn and Jack did nod at the pictures of Bruce and Robin Simon, taken at the Homecoming Dance. Then both nodded with satisfaction at the picture of Laci and Bruce, also taken at the Homecoming Dance.

"Better write the name of whoever that other girl is; I'm sure in two, three years we won't remember who the hell she was," Jack suggested.